ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327416)

Chiefspants 04-16-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14912424)

You know, it's just all so lazy that it's almost not worth even discussing or questioning.

Yeah, sadly it feels like we’re putting more energy into this conversation than Disney’s execs put into the Canon.

You know, to echo KCK, I’d absolutely be into a SW film where Darth Vader tries to hunt down Ahsoka. There would be a lot of great directions they could go with that. I know Rebels touches on it but they left her survival and the outcome of that confrontation very open ended.

Hammock Parties 04-16-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14912893)
If Disney ever gets around to making SW movies again, make a Darth Vader movie next. You wouldn't necessarily have to recast Christensen, but Anakin is the most interesting character in the entire franchise and it would make tons of money.

Going to be hard without James Earl Jones. He'd be in his 90s.

keg in kc 04-18-2020 10:31 AM

Darth Vader might be the most interesting character in the saga. I'm not sure I'd agree that Anakin is. As good as The Clone Wars was, I'm not sure they ever really removed the stink of the prequel trilogy from the character.

I think they'd be better off making the Ahsoka Tano series they're purportedly making. I think we've had enough Skywalkers, but at the same time she's not all that far a tangent from them.

Anyway, we already know that the next film is likely set in this High Republic era they're trying to sell initially via novels, so this may all be a moot discussion.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2020 10:45 AM

Lucasfilm has already said that there won’t be any High Republic movies. It sounds boring AF to me, anyway.

Plus, how can this new series be set just a few hundred years before TPM but have no mention of Yoda?

I’m at the point where I just don’t care any more. Season 7 of TCW has been lame, the other series have been pushed off to late 2021 or early 2022 and there’s just nothing interesting about any of it.

keg in kc 04-18-2020 10:56 AM

I really enjoyed yesterday's Clone Wars episode.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14915340)
I really enjoyed yesterday's Clone Wars episode.

I was so bored by the Bad Batch and Ahsoka episodes that I haven't even bothered watching. My kids have zero interest as well, so I don't even know when I'll get around to watching them.

Maybe never.

keg in kc 04-18-2020 02:02 PM

I didn't like the Bad Batch, but the Ahsoka ones were pretty integral to her story and her continued understanding of the failures of the Jedi Order. Although it might have been better if they were condensed to 2 episodes.

Yesterday's had the whole cast, finally, and marked the beginning of the 4 part Siege of Mandalore.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14915580)
I didn't like the Bad Batch, but the Ahsoka ones were pretty integral to her story and her continued understanding of the failures of the Jedi Order. Although it might have been better if they were condensed to 2 episodes.

Yesterday's had the whole cast, finally, and marked the beginning of the 4 part Siege of Mandalore.

Thanks for the note. I think I'll wait until just before Season 2 of The Mandalorian to watch the final four episodes of The Clone Wars.

I think that the Ahsoka arc could have been told in two episodes for sure and for me, considering what Filoni was trying to accomplish, could have been done in a single episode.

All I can say is that I guess I was expecting so much more...

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-18-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14901153)
Yeah. Piss on VIII for being such a cluster****.

It wrecked the lore just to subvert.

#1 Example of how not to write a franchise movie.

DaneMcCloud 04-27-2020 02:24 PM

Episode IX's Disney+ debut will be on Monday, May 4th, along with a new 8 episode "Making of The Mandalorian" series.

mnchiefsguy 04-27-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14939580)
Episode IX's Disney+ debut will be on Monday, May 4th, along with a new 8 episode "Making of The Mandalorian" series.

The final episode of The Clone Wars is dropping on May 4th as well as the original editions of the orginal trilogy...gonna be a great Star Wars day!

007 04-28-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 14940322)
The final episode of The Clone Wars is dropping on May 4th as well as the original editions of the orginal trilogy...gonna be a great Star Wars day!

The originals? Seriously?

bowener 04-29-2020 08:33 AM

I'm rewatching the best Ashoka episodes from TCW and Rebels. Her story is so much better than I remembered. I'm glad she hasn't appeared in any films because they would undoubtedly ruin her story arc. The most recent two episodes on TCW are fantastic for her as well.

I also recently watched all of Star Wars: Resistance. Holy **** the protagonist and his best friend are so ****ing annoying. The protagonist's behavior is so grating that I had to ignore most of the first season whenever he was on screen. There are some cool episodes, but mostly it was just filler bullshit to create some kind of shallow backstory for The First Order. Oh, and an excuse to show a gold plated Stormtrooper.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14942872)
I'm rewatching the best Ashoka episodes from TCW and Rebels. Her story is so much better than I remembered. I'm glad she hasn't appeared in any films because they would undoubtedly ruin her story arc.

I also recently watched all of Star Wars: Resistance. Holy **** the protagonist and his best friend are so ****ing annoying. The protagonist's behavior is so grating that I had to ignore most of the first season whenever he was on screen. There are some cool episodes, but mostly it was just filler bullshit to create some kind of shallow backstory for The First Order. Oh, and an excuse to show a gold plated Stormtrooper.

The only good thing about the sequel trilogy is Kylo Ren's story. It's also fantastic in the comics.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2020 12:01 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...9d&oe=5ED143E1

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2020 02:26 PM

FWIW, the Rule of Two was retconned in the Rise of Skywalker novel:

----

The Rise of Skywalker novelization provides a solution to the conundrum, in the form of a passage Rey reads from an ancient Jedi text. "The Prime is One, but the Jedi are Many. The Sith were Many but often emerge Ruled by Two." This clarifies that while there can be multiple Sith at any time, they are ruled by the leading two. This scenario would fit the pattern that was set in the supplementary material of two Sith being in charge, and others acting in secret.

This explanation also works on a meta-level -- the reason that Sith lords crop up to violate the clean "Rule of Two" often arises from supplementary works. If everyone pretended that only the movies were in-canon, it wouldn't be a problem. However, Star Wars has a rich expanded universe, set in between the events of the movies. And those supplementary works need villains, which often end up being Sith, regardless of the "Rule of Two."

keg in kc 05-01-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14942872)
I'm rewatching the best Ashoka episodes from TCW and Rebels. Her story is so much better than I remembered. I'm glad she hasn't appeared in any films because they would undoubtedly ruin her story arc. The most recent two episodes on TCW are fantastic for her as well.

The latest (and penultimate) clone wars was pretty good, too. I'm not sure what the finale next week is going to entail, but they're definitely going out with a bang.

keg in kc 05-01-2020 04:13 PM

And I guess I'll finally see Rise of Skywalker next week, since it'll be on D+.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14947545)
And I guess I'll finally see Rise of Skywalker next week, since it'll be on D+.

It's about a D+

mnchiefsguy 05-01-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14942187)
The originals? Seriously?

I saw an article and a youtube video about month ago saying that, but I cannot find them now, so I could be wrong.

sully1983 05-01-2020 06:17 PM

This was a flat out bad film. IMO Jar Jar Abrams did a much better job with his Star Trek (2009) reboot (which isn't saying that much but I quite liked the new Star Trek reboot cast compared to the cringeworthy new SW cast)

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14947528)
The latest (and penultimate) clone wars was pretty good, too. I'm not sure what the finale next week is going to entail, but they're definitely going out with a bang.

The finale airs Monday, May 4th, as does RoS and The Mandalorian 8 part doco

Hammock Parties 05-01-2020 09:06 PM

Clone Wars finale was moving and chilling.

I'm going to miss that shit.

JakeLV 05-02-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14948104)
Clone Wars finale was moving and chilling.

I'm going to miss that shit.

Don’t we have one more episode?

keg in kc 05-02-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeLV (Post 14948381)

Yep.

Baby Lee 05-02-2020 11:32 AM

This could go in so many threads, but this one seems most apt.

Full of win

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/rxigSXe"><a href="//imgur.com/a/rxigSXe">Some of my Star Wars album covers ahead of May 4th</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 05-02-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeLV (Post 14948381)

Oh damn. This gonna be awesome.

JakeLV 05-04-2020 12:28 AM

32 mins from the finale... and I’m going to bed instead.

bowener 05-04-2020 08:30 AM

Hell yeah, I didn't realize I'd be able to watch the finale today!

DaneMcCloud 05-04-2020 10:16 AM

Taika Watitti confirmed to helm a Star Wars film.

Taika will direct and co-write with screenwriter and Oscar nominee Krysty Wilson-Cairns (“1917,” “Last Night in Soho”).

I'll be sure to post any details in the coming months that I can share.

sully1983 05-04-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14951754)

Taika will direct and co-write with screenwriter and Oscar nominee Krysty Wilson-Cairns (“1917,” “Last Night in Soho”).

This dude is making serious moves in Hollywood. Good for him. He literally has so much shit in the works as of now (Including the new Thor film).

bowener 05-04-2020 11:12 AM

God damn. The finale was perfect.

NewChief 05-04-2020 04:10 PM

Rewatching episode 8 in prep for watching 9 tonight. Wow. I just don't know how they screwed thongs up this bad. I can't tell if it's the writing the acting or what. Everything is just too much. And tries too hard. It's all exaggerated and comes off as almost a satire or parody of itself as a result.

I think the attempts at humor and cuteness are probably the most offensive thing to me, along with Adam Driver's portrayal of Kylo Ren. It amazes me that someone who can act so well in other roles is so bad in this.

sully1983 05-04-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14952942)
Rewatching episode 8 in prep for watching 9 tonight. Wow. I just don't know how they screwed thongs up this bad. I can't tell if it's the writing the acting or what. Everything is just too much. And tries too hard. It's all exaggerated and comes off as almost a satire or parody of itself as a result.

I think the attempts at humor and cuteness are probably the most offensive thing to me, along with Adam Driver's portrayal of Kylo Ren. It amazes me that someone who can act so well in other roles is so bad in this.

Yeah imo it all hinges on the very subpar NEW cast. They all sucked. From the forced Finn/Poe "bromance" to Driver's cringeworthy emo performance etc etc, it was just a dud.

Also worth noting that it was too bad that the original cast of Luke/Han never got to go on one last mission together. I'm no SW expert obviously (just a casual fan) but talk about a missed oppurtunity

Bowser 05-04-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 14952942)

Long story short - Disney just straight boofed their shot at Star Wars. They never came close to the nuance with the characters the first six had. Amazing LOOKING films, but just pure garbage in story telling.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2020 08:08 PM

It's pretty bad when you get upstaged by not one, but TWO cartoons (Rebels and Clone Wars)

And a show about a guy who shows his face once, a robot and a plastic alien baby (Mando)

And a movie where you know everyone is going to die at the end (Rogue One)

And a movie where you know everyone is going to live at the end (Solo).

It's like the original trilogy being outclassed by DROIDS, The Ewok Adventure and The Holiday Special.

DaneMcCloud 05-04-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14951754)

It's going to be fun to see what this guy does with Star Wars.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03...4145822755.jpg

Hammock Parties 05-04-2020 08:54 PM

oh my god man

Filoni should have directed the sequel trilogy

somehow a cartoon had more emotional weight and a believable climax than a feature film

HAUNTING

NewChief 05-04-2020 09:12 PM

Well. I just finished 9. It wasn't as bad as 8. I don't know, I think I've just gotten too old for the franchise. Stupid stuff bothers me like the imperial "speeders" on the desert planet looking like snowmobiles with tracks (why not just a hover speeder?) and the horse riding and bow shooting people. I know this series is really space opera fantasy not sci-fi, but things that should delight me just annoy me in it now.

I still liked this one, though.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2020 09:17 PM

my emotions

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 05-04-2020 09:25 PM

LMAO

https://i.redd.it/93gflvux1ow41.jpg

BigBeauford 05-04-2020 09:36 PM

That sucked. What the hell happened. The scenes were given no time to breathe. Everything seems so sloppy post production. Just some real amateur stuff from Abrams here.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05-04-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14953205)
Yeah imo it all hinges on the very subpar NEW cast. They all sucked. From the forced Finn/Poe "bromance" to Driver's cringeworthy emo performance etc etc, it was just a dud.

Also worth noting that it was too bad that the original cast of Luke/Han never got to go on one last mission together. I'm no SW expert obviously (just a casual fan) but talk about a missed oppurtunity

This is one of the things that shocked me the most. After prequel Anakin's angsty/emo shit bombed I thought for sure we wouldn't get anything like that here. I love Driver, otherwise. Just thought they would want to get as far away from that shit as possible...

KC_Connection 05-05-2020 02:25 AM

Just watched 9 for the first time since opening night. And as I figured at the time, it's a better rewatch. You spend less time thinking about how all of it makes such little sense in the context of the rest of the series and its lack of any real consistency/logic with Rian Johnson's vision in 8 and can just go along for the ride. I don't think any of the sequel trilogy movies are better than the OT or ROTS but they're all fine overall. It's just too bad they weren't planned out at all beforehand and don't fit together well. A lot of wasted potential there.

Also watched the last four episodes of Clone Wars. Hadn't seen it since Ahsoka walked out on the order, so I don't really know what I missed in the interim (maybe I'll watch it someday) but that was a pretty effective ending.

bowener 05-05-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14953541)
my emotions

Spoiler!

The soundtrack was incredible, and the final track was perfect for the finals scenes.

Hammock Parties 05-06-2020 02:16 PM

Finally Luke has turned to the dark side.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/wp-con...ark-hamill.png

KC_Connection 05-06-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14955886)
Finally Luke has turned to the dark side.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/wp-con...ark-hamill.png

He's going to be in WWDITS? It was amazing last week.

Hammock Parties 05-08-2020 01:54 PM

https://i.redd.it/szczhjgthex41.jpg

ThaVirus 05-09-2020 09:47 PM

Where did Rey get the gold light saber?

Chiefspants 05-10-2020 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14962655)

Meh

Hammock Parties 05-10-2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14962655)

she made it bro

she can do anything

ThaVirus 05-10-2020 07:46 AM

Well.. that kinda makes sense. Creating a light saber is, like, How To Be A Jedi 101.

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining. It looked ****ing beautiful, as Star Wars flicks always do.

Killing off Ben was chickenshit. They should have allowed Rey to die and kept him. He's a farrrr more interesting character.

RINGLEADER 05-10-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14962904)
Well.. that kinda makes sense. Creating a light saber is, like, How To Be A Jedi 101.

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining. It looked ****ing beautiful, as Star Wars flicks always do.

Killing off Ben was chickenshit. They should have allowed Rey to die and kept him. He's a farrrr more interesting character.

I agree he should have lived. His story arc would have had an interesting end place if he realized he didn’t need to control the galaxy or live up to others and could be content with Rey on a ball of dust.

Wouldn’t have fixed the movie or trilogy but it was such a predictable and unnecessary thing to do.

RINGLEADER 05-10-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14953205)

Finn was disposable. He was set up as a male lead and has a different love interest in every film and doesn’t end up with any of them. I know some love TLJ but allowing RJ Ti just go off and make whatever he wanted without regard to what came before or was planned for after kneecapped the trilogy. I assume KK gave him that authority or signed off on the “let’s change the plan after filming every movie” — but whoever is responsible pretty much made it impossible to have a coherent story.

Hammock Parties 05-12-2020 06:35 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d4&oe=5EE1319F

Hammock Parties 05-13-2020 12:13 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...66&oe=5EE132B7

Baby Lee 05-13-2020 04:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For those rare few who love everything Star Wars, but don't watch Rick&Morty

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uZstC2Z_imU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Also, later in the week, this week's episode of What We Do in the Shadows.

Sorry 05-13-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14962904)

They actually got my hopes up for Kylo as being a redeemable character and they freaking kill him off?? lol Can't do any more movies until its a verifiable masterpiece.

JakeLV 05-16-2020 12:22 AM

Jesus Christ...

Did anybody see Dave Filoni talking about Duel and the Fates and the actual meaning behind it?

Dude just made the prequels that much better ad never shot a scene

keg in kc 05-16-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeLV (Post 14974221)
Jesus Christ...

Did anybody see Dave Filoni talking about Duel and the Fates and the actual meaning behind it?

<iframe width="1189" height="669" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J2VZuWdcYIk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 05-16-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeLV (Post 14974221)
Jesus Christ...

There were a lot of good ideas behind the prequels, the execution was just lacking.

The ST had the opposite problem.

Just sad.

Should have given it all to Dave. ROFL

keg in kc 05-16-2020 10:28 AM

So I finally saw Rise of Skywalker. This won't be a popular opinion, but I didn't hate it as much as I expected to. It wasn't great, but it wasn't a disaster, either. Unlike any of the prequels, I could see myself actually watching it again someday. If there's nothing else going on.

The main problem for me - outside of Rey being about as boring a protagonist as possible, as was well established in the previous two movies - was that they tried to cram two movies worth of shit into 2:20.

And I still don't think JJ can put together a complete, coherent movie. He's like the Stephen King of filmmakers. Although maybe that's being unfair to his Mission Impossible work.

Frazod 05-16-2020 11:30 AM

VIII was such a ****ing disaster that IX was good by comparison. When I walked out of the theater I liked it.

But the more you think about it, the worse it gets. I have no desire to ever watch it again. Which is pretty much the way I feel about all the numbered films outside of the originals.

Rogue One was great. Solo was entertaining and fun. Those are the ones I'll happily rewatch from time to time.

keg in kc 05-16-2020 11:40 AM

If the sequel trilogy had actually been good, they'd have probably crossed the 3 billion mark at some point. The thing that disappoints me most I think was that they were just...mediocre. Like if they didn't exist it would in no way have any impact on the saga.

DaneMcCloud 05-16-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14974717)
Like if they didn't exist it would in no way have any impact on the saga.

Well, not only that but Episode IX invalidated Anakin's journey and destiny as The Chosen One that brought balance to The Force.

It also invalidates the notion that these movies have been the "Skywalker Saga" when in the end, it was all about Sheev Palpatine and his offspring.

Anakin, Luke, Leia and Padme were all reduced to bit players.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14974967)
Well, not only that but Episode IX invalidated Anakin's journey and destiny as The Chosen One that brought balance to The Force.

It also invalidates the notion that these movies have been the "Skywalker Saga" when in the end, it was all about Sheev Palpatine and his offspring.

Anakin, Luke, Leia and Padme were all reduced to bit players.

Ham-fisted, unthought-out, unoriginal CGI-bloated action schlock.

The JJ Abrams college try.

Should have given it ALL to Filoni.

DaneMcCloud 05-16-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14974970)
Ham-fisted, unthought-out, unoriginal CGI-bloated action schlock.

The JJ Abrams college try.

Should have given it ALL to Filoni.

OR...not release a freaking movie until the entire trilogy galaxy was planned out and set in stone, like the MCU.

It was a completely wasted opportunity that they'll never have again.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14974977)
OR...not release a freaking movie until the entire trilogy galaxy was planned out and set in stone, like the MCU.

I'm looking forward to the animated adventures we'll get set after ROTJ.

It won't be the "official" ST, but I'm sure it will suffice for many.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2020 04:51 PM

oh ****

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f1&oe=5EE46EBA

Hammock Parties 05-16-2020 07:57 PM

been reading the vader comic - the assault on mon cala is epic, tells the story of how mon cala left the empire and joined the rebellion

love how vader's submarine looks somewhat like his helmet

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/XyPXgRq_uU...dT2-nisQ=s1600

Beef Supreme 05-17-2020 01:57 AM

Finally watched this shit show. Better than the previous one, i guess that's about as high as praise as i can muster. Ignoring the major problems for the moment, how in the **** do they have c3po willingly agree to have his memory wiped and not use THAT opportunity for the callback on the line "never underestimate a droid?"

Sorry 05-17-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

It’s almost like they rushed the movies just to set up merch sales and their theme park section at Disney land. I just don’t get it. They are going to look back and shake their heads at this disjointed mess

Frazod 05-17-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that's just nuts.

I remember hearing that Lucas had prepared an outline for all nine installments of a triple trilogy back in the 70s or 80s. If true, I assume that must have been tossed aside. Can't imagine that he would penned such a disjointed mess, especially back before he became a bloated, egomaniacal jackass. As bad as I, II and III were, at least the overall story line was mostly coherent. It was the execution that failed.

If only someone could travel back in time to 1983, make him watch the shitshow that his baby would devolve into later, and scream at him "DON'T ****ING LET THIS HAPPEN!"

:shake:

Sorry 05-17-2020 01:15 PM

Money talks, he’d make the same decision lol

Hammock Parties 05-17-2020 01:20 PM

FYI, Lucas' third trilogy treatment was even more ****ed up than what we got.

It was like the "Innerspace" version of Star Wars, with a whole lot of shit about midi-chlorians.

We dodged that bullet but still got a terrible knife wound.

Like I said, should have just given it all to Filoni, or hell, anyone who did a Marvel movie.

**** JJ and **** Kathleen.

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14976160)
Money talks, he’d make the same decision lol

It was his money, though. It wasn't like he was taking money from a studio, then producing those films.

I've mentioned this several times before but Lucas did reach out to every A-List director at the time but no one wanted to touch a Star Wars property because in the end, it's a losing proposition.

Just look what's happened to JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, Gareth Edwards and Ron Howard since directing Star Wars films. Outside of Howard, their reputations were dragged through the mud for months, if not years, on end, they were threatened on Social Media and fans boycotted Lucasfilm releases.

Sometimes the best move is the move you don't make.

Sorry 05-17-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14976171)
It was his money, though. It wasn't like he was taking money from a studio, then producing those films.

I've mentioned this several times before but Lucas did reach out to every A-List director at the time but no one wanted to touch a Star Wars property because in the end, it's a losing proposition.

Just look what's happened to JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, Gareth Edwards and Ron Howard since directing Star Wars films. Outside of Howard, their reputations were dragged through the mud for months, if not years, on end, they were threatened on Social Media and fans boycotted Lucasfilm releases.

Thanks for the perspective. Now what’s the common factor behind all the negativity of directing a Star Wars film as these are all talented directors/producers/storytellers in one shape or form.

Frazod 05-17-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14976171)

https://aiinmovies.files.wordpress.c...ng?w=406&h=281

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14976230)

LMAO

Man, I LOVE that movie!

Hammock Parties 07-27-2020 10:58 PM

If this is all true, **** you KK.

And ****ing give us the Lucas cut.

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-lu...OwG3ma4TzbtQ5c