ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

BucEyedPea 07-01-2017 12:20 PM

Just finished binge watching last season and a half of Reign. Whatta' soap opera they turned the last days of Mary Queen of Scots into, when they already had so much to work with on her life as it was, which was tragic, full of intrigue, betrayal, murder and passion already. Her people were a nasty bunch.

I thought a few of the early episodes were going to keep the series going this way, but then it improved. Last portion of Season 3 -Season 4 were like Young and the Restless.

Pitt Gorilla 07-01-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12939044)
Catch it while you can. Network cancelled it. Don't know the details of why. News just broke this morning.

Preliminarily, sounds like Carmichael wasn't in the mood to back off controversy and network wanted a safe sitcom instead.

Pity.

Yeah, I saw that and thought of you. It's a good show and I know you really liked it.

Baby Lee 07-01-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12939289)
Yeah, I saw that and thought of you. It's a good show and I know you really liked it.

Eh, I'll live. I liked how they had the confidence to make everyone on the look like a little bit of an asshole. That way everyone's POV gets aired without anyone looking like a savior. I have a soft spot for humor that isn't smug or self-satisfied.

I'm sure he'll find his footing elsewhere, and the rest of the cast is talented enough to drop in anywhere and shine.

But what do I know, I'm just some pop culture obsessive who didn't have the wherewithall to parlay a Yale law degree into a ratty bong and an exhausted couch.

Buehler445 07-01-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12939106)
Just finished binge watching last season and a half of Reign. Whatta' soap opera they turned the last days of Mary Queen of Scots into, when they already had so much to work with on her life as it was, which was tragic, full of intrigue, betrayal, murder and passion already. Her people were a nasty bunch.

I thought a few of the early episodes were going to keep the series going this way, but then it improved. Last portion of Season 3 -Season 4 were like Young and the Restless.

I tried to watch the first season and it was pretty bad. It doesn't surprise me it went full soap opera. Sucks.

BucEyedPea 07-01-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12939602)
I tried to watch the first season and it was pretty bad. It doesn't surprise me it went full soap opera. Sucks.

Yeah, it was in the first season, it looked pretty bad but it was the opening scene where there was an attempted poisoning of her food at the convent where she was raised that was a really good hook into the story. Then it was just girl gossipy. Her life was simply tragic when you look up her real story.

A loved watching Adelaide Kane in that.

Buehler445 07-16-2017 11:25 PM

I caught Shooter on Netflix.

It was pretty decent. But I haven't read the book.

It had a lot going against it. I'd seen and enjoyed the movie. I'm no Ryan Philleppe fan. All I can think about is that puke role he played in Cruel intentions. Also Cynthia Addai-Robinsons performance in Spartacus was downright unbearable. Both acted their parts well enough to make me look past the priors. And damn. Philippe is yoked the **** out. He isn't a soft bitch anymore.

Moreover the story had trouble grabbing me and making it believable I suppose. That's a pretty subjective gripe as I can't see too much they did wrong necessarily. Maybe I just knew where the story was going so I'm hypercritical. Even with the little girl tie in (I have a daughter not much younger than that). I don't know. Something didn't feel believable about the thing.

All in all though it's worth a watch. The production value is very good for a USA show and the action is pretty damned good. The fight scenes alone are worth watching. It comes back Tuesday. I'll set the DVR.

Nickhead 07-17-2017 01:49 AM

i need to remember to type show names rather than embed a trailer. my gut says i have posted this before, but not certain.

season 1 has been out a couple years, but this year season 2 will premiere.

it's an aussie drama called 'Glitch'

personally, i love the show. you will have to decide on your own. depending on region it is on netflix.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pYub7xwhWYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 07-24-2017 09:58 PM

People of Earth quietly returns to TBS tonight.

If you want a sweet amiable comedy with just a touch of weirdness. Imagine if The Office was about Scully and Mulder instead of Jim and Pam, and you're most of the way there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wrTXH6Mp0QI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mr. tegu 07-24-2017 10:01 PM

People of Earth is great.

Silock 07-24-2017 10:11 PM

I can't watch Shameless. It's good, but I don't like any of the characters and find it hard to root for any of them to succeed. Makes it hard to watch. Same with Always Sunny for me. I get that they're good. They're just not my jam.

Master of None is amazing, especially season 2.

Just finished Last Chance U season 2. Season 1 is probably better, as season 2 is pretty dark.

Buehler445 07-24-2017 10:16 PM

I tried Shameless too. I just can't. Even though, I'm a pretty big fan of Emmy Rossum's boobs.

Nickhead 07-25-2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12972284)
I can't watch Shameless. It's good, but I don't like any of the characters and find it hard to root for any of them to succeed. Makes it hard to watch. Same with Always Sunny for me. I get that they're good. They're just not my jam.

Master of None is amazing, especially season 2.

Just finished Last Chance U season 2. Season 1 is probably better, as season 2 is pretty dark.

if you can't watch the us version of shameless, don't even try the UK version.

always sunny is great film only because i could see myself playing any one of those roles.

last chance U, i binged. the only thing i took away from it was that grown men are babies if they don't get what they want. it featured nothing but whingers, from the coaching staff to the players. hell, even the hottest chick said 'these people are too stoopid even for me'. :D

Nickhead 07-25-2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12972295)
I tried Shameless too. I just can't. Even though, I'm a pretty big fan of Emmy Rossum's boobs.

shameless is an R rated version of married with children :D

Buehler445 08-09-2017 07:43 PM

Picked up Travelers on Netflix. It is a pretty decent watch. It got kind of convoluted toward the end but it about has to with a time traveler flick. It did a nice job with pacing and developing the story. The acting was really good and seemed believable.

Also caught Ozark. It was decent. The acting and production was pretty damned top notch. Some of the writing was wonky but definitely worth the watch.

Nickhead 08-11-2017 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12939044)
Catch it while you can. Network cancelled it. Don't know the details of why. News just broke this morning.

Preliminarily, sounds like Carmichael wasn't in the mood to back off controversy and network wanted a safe sitcom instead.

Pity.

so i couldn't binge it, but am ch131'ing it. they don't have all the streams, but season 2 episode 9 is so CP ROFL

if you have watched what if chat rooms are real (the parlor), this is a thousand times better (the episode)

click at your own risk if you aren't used to streaming, unless you are used to chan131 streaming format.

i won't lie, he is me.

NewChief 08-11-2017 11:41 AM

Has anyone done season 2 of Sense8? I really liked Season 1, but I just can't bring myself to jump into Season 2 for some reason.

Nickhead 08-11-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 13004654)
Has anyone done season 2 of Sense8? I really liked Season 1, but I just can't bring myself to jump into Season 2 for some reason.

it was terrible and cancelled :D

unlurking 08-13-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12274956)
Did anyone catch the premiere of 'Braindead'

A mix of absurd and real covering alien takeover of American federal politics by the creators of The Good Wife.

I've been effusive about The Good Wife being the best show on network TV, and this one, though very different in tone, is off to a promising start.

http://www.avclub.com/review/cbs-pol...bracesi-237963

I've been binge watching season 1 all day today. This show is absolutely hilarious. The "previously on" each episode is brilliant. Good to see Tony Shaloub again, always liked him.

Spoiler!

Rausch 08-14-2017 08:50 AM

While I'm a huge fan of Preacher they are ****ing around and mixing up the timeline/story of the comix and I'm getting impatient for them to go "full comic."

Coochie liquor 08-15-2017 03:47 PM

Don't wanna go through the whole thread, but anybody watch Bloodline on Netflix? We're almost done with the first season and I think it's pretty good. It's a little slow, but I def am enjoying it!

Nickhead 08-15-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13015130)
Don't wanna go through the whole thread, but anybody watch Bloodline on Netflix? We're almost done with the first season and I think it's pretty good. It's a little slow, but I def am enjoying it!

i've watched it thru. it's basically a more graphic version of the old "dallas" tv series. :D

Coochie liquor 08-17-2017 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13015552)
i've watched it thru. it's basically a more graphic version of the old "dallas" tv series. :D

Just finished season 1 last night. Looking forward to season 2. I've read that season 3 is terrible. Did you like season 3?

Nickhead 08-18-2017 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13019220)
Just finished season 1 last night. Looking forward to season 2. I've read that season 3 is terrible. Did you like season 3?

it was not terrible, as it concludes a lot of story lines, and still leaves a little bit of a teaser. haven't googled if there will be a season 4. :D

Baby Lee 08-19-2017 03:57 PM

Many years late, finally getting started on Legit.

Solid, solid, solid.

I'm on the episode where Jefferies starts off arguing with his date, segueing into how being gay would be worth it just to split the dinner check on occasion. Then following with the flight to Omaha with his neurotic buddy.

Laughs abound.

There's no need for that type of language.
This is the exact reason this type of language was invented. We're both angry. We're having a fight. When do you swear?

patteeu 08-19-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13024218)
Many years late, finally getting started on Legit.

Solid, solid, solid.

I'm on the episode where Jefferies starts off arguing with his date, segueing into how being gay would be worth it just to split the dinner check on occasion. Then following with the flight to Omaha with his neurotic buddy.

Laughs abound.

There's no need for that type of language.
This is the exact reason this type of language was invented. We're both angry. We're having a fight. When do you swear?

LMAO That reminds me of a funny Bloodhound Gang song, "I Wish I Was Queer So I Could Get Chicks".

Baby Lee 08-19-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13024236)
LMAO That reminds me of a funny Bloodhound Gang song, "I Wish I Was Queer So I Could Get Chicks".

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/...onships-648715

Here's the standup the scene was taken almost exclusively from.

Warning NSFW

patteeu 08-19-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13024245)

Warning NSFW

LMAO I've heard of that guy before, but I don't watch much standup. Very funny.

Nickhead 08-19-2017 04:42 PM

NSFW :D

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/...ut-gays-235049

Buehler445 08-19-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13024245)

Warning NSFW

I can't rep you again but my god that's hilarious.

unlurking 08-19-2017 09:56 PM

Loved Legit. Hilarious show.

Baby Lee 08-27-2017 07:56 AM

Caught 2/3 of The Tick. Mostly just fluffy good fun, but I love the title character's nonsequiturs. Seems every few minutes he announces something out of the blue that completely cracks me up.

Like in the promo. He goes to a party. Rings the bell, met at the door.

Host: 'Well, look at you!'
The Tick: IM-possible.

ROFL ROFL

He's like Adam West's Batman and Deadpool had a genial brain-damaged child.

[Also, one of the characters is played by the bully older brother from Home Alone]

<iframe width="618" height="348" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GiFF18KblJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sandy Vagina 08-27-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13015130)

I liked the first season, and much of the next, but it was a steady decline for me. By the end of it, I was just happy it was over with. Had it to do over again, I'd probably have been better off stopping after S1... but maybe you will appreciate it more. :shrug:

noa 08-30-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13040383)
Caught 2/3 of The Tick. Mostly just fluffy good fun, but I love the title character's nonsequiturs. Seems every few minutes he announces something out of the blue that completely cracks me up.

Like in the promo. He goes to a party. Rings the bell, met at the door.

Host: 'Well, look at you!'
The Tick: IM-possible.

ROFL ROFL

He's like Adam West's Batman and Deadpool had a genial brain-damaged child.

[Also, one of the characters is played by the bully older brother from Home Alone]

<iframe width="618" height="348" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GiFF18KblJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I liked it -- I think my favorite part was Bryan Greenberg's tie dyed kombucha shirt.

sd4chiefs 09-15-2017 02:52 PM

While my Wife is watching the new season of Outlander.

Spoiler!

I have the new season of Bojack Horseman to watch.

NSFW

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dGalix-sVXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-15-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 13082548)

I think of the comedy shows presently out there putting out new stuff, the best going are

You're the Worst
Bojack
Rick and Morty

[depending on how strong Always Sunny and Nathan for You come back in their new seasons]

OldSchool 09-15-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13040387)
I liked the first season, and much of the next, but it was a steady decline for me. By the end of it, I was just happy it was over with. Had it to do over again, I'd probably have been better off stopping after S1... but maybe you will appreciate it more. :shrug:

Is it kind of like watching all of Dexter and skipping the final season?

Nickhead 09-15-2017 05:58 PM

it's a netflix mockumentary, not sure if it's must watch, but it appears the show american vandal is an attempt at the worlds longest dick joke. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m3tkFOtM6go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ETA: i am six episodes in, and i can say its better than casting jonbenet, but not as good as luke cage. albeit does make a case for dessey being guilty of murder after being falsely accused of rape. :D

i would absolutely love to see the outtakes of the filming of this show. it would be ten times funnier than the one presented. ROFL

Sandy Vagina 09-16-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13082682)

lol, yeah.. wish I'd done that. :harumph:

sully1983 09-18-2017 04:13 PM

South Park is still going strong (on their 21st season this year). thought the season premiere was great.

also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.

Baby Lee 09-18-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13090431)
South Park is still going strong (on their 21st season this year). thought the season premiere was great.

also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.

I tried the premiere, but I had already ODed on 70s period pieces with the dreck that was 'I'm Dying Up Here.' I respect what I saw enough to give it a little while before revisiting. At least I avoided polluting my discernment with 'Vinyl' or it might be months.

And South Park was OK, but didn't pack the punch I was hoping for.

Though I did laugh aloud at Stan's dad going MMA in his renovation projects. ROFL

kcxiv 09-18-2017 05:08 PM

Just got done with season 1 of shooter with Ryan Philippe pretty good. Season 2 is almost over. i need to on demand it.

Buehler445 09-18-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13090540)
Just got done with season 1 of shooter with Ryan Philippe pretty good. Season 2 is almost over. i need to on demand it.

Yeah. I think I posted my thoughts on it here. But I (for once) was smart enough to DVR it before it started. Normally I hack it all to hell and about 6 episodes in think to myself, "damn! I forgot to DVR that."

Baby Lee 09-18-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Giving it another chance on your recommend, and I have to ask, if there anything that's creepier, yet you continue to love, than Gary Pucket and Union Gap.

Cuckold and Pedo Ballads that make you choke up like a friggen chick.

listopencil 09-19-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

I have been savoring it. I tried it earlier this year when one of my kids recommended it to me...binged every single episode and was stunned when I ran out of them. So, I have been trying to watch it one episode at a time when I can relax and appreciate it.

listopencil 09-19-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13082682)

Or everything after the final episode of the fourth season. Just finish the series in your mind after that because whatever you come up with will be better.

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2017 06:21 PM

Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.

Baby Lee 09-26-2017 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13093856)
Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.

Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.

Baby Lee 09-27-2017 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

ROFL

KCUnited 10-08-2017 07:19 AM

Got sucked into the Suburra: Blood on Rome Netflix series yesterday. It's subtitled, but the story is well done, it's well acted and the shots of Rome are really cool.

Rausch 10-08-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

NSFW

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dGalix-sVXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skip it.

Watch BIG MOUTH instead...

Sandy Vagina 10-26-2017 09:13 PM

Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Can not wait for S3.. if you like that genre and have not seen... SEE.

:thumb:

Buehler445 10-26-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13177749)
Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Yeah. I watched it and posted that I enjoyed it. The beginning monologue annoys me abnormally.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-27-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13177749)

This.

Great effing show, very well done.

Baby Lee 11-01-2017 09:28 PM

Happy happy happy HAPPY!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v_NRSoVncJQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sandy Vagina 11-02-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13106411)
Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.

Never even heard of it. Will remember this, and check into.. at some point. :thumb:

KCUnited 11-17-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Holy pancake titties, Maggie Gyllenhaal ruined this for me. It's like she's intentionally getting naked in every scene. Plus, it's a lot of Franco, which isn't surprising since their both producers and actors in it. Had potential, but they couldn't get out of each other's way.

Buehler445 12-27-2017 01:25 PM

I watched River on Netflix. It’s like a miniseries type thing. I thought it was really a good watch. Not necessarily a happy watch, but a good one.

In the age of sensitivity, I don’t know where this falls on the spectrum of “sensitive enough” regarding mental illness. I have virtually no experience with mental illness so I’m not one to discuss it. What I will say is the notes they were trying to hit resonated. With me anyway. It was very well acted - and on some very complex and difficult to grasp emotions/situations. It also tackled some racism and predjudice ideas that are often dicey and poorly executed that I thought were handled well.

Well worth the watch in my opinion. And the time commitment isn’t all that big.

keg in kc 12-27-2017 01:29 PM

I'm ****ing loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.

kcxiv 01-01-2018 11:21 AM

The 2 Dave Chappelle stand up's are ****ing awesome! dude went in on everyone. haha

sd4chiefs 01-01-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13310778)
I'm ****ing loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.

This.

frankotank 01-03-2018 12:49 PM

I gagged my way thru the 3 part mini-series Gunpowder.
kept thinking there'll be payoff at the end.

NOPE!

you know nothing John Snow.

NewChief 01-04-2018 07:44 AM

New seasons of:

Peaky Blinders
Travelers
Black Mirror

Good grief, talk about an abundance of riches. All dropped over break, while I wasn't really able to watch TV, too. So I've got some catching up to do once I get back in a routine.

KCUnited 01-04-2018 07:54 AM

I enjoyed La Mante (The Mantis) on Netflix over the weekend. It's a French miniseries following a detective investigating a serial killer. It had some really graphic scenes and Fredérique Bel is balls hot.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-04-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13329796)
I enjoyed La Mante (The Mantis) on Netflix over the weekend. It's a French miniseries following a detective investigating a serial killer. It had some really graphic scenes and Fredérique Bel is balls hot.

**** France.

Edit: Oh wait, hot french chick? I'm in.

KCUnited 01-04-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 13329899)
**** France.

Ha. There are some blatant French traits throughout. Mainly the prison conditions for an already convicted serial killer. Nicer than my condo.

Buehler445 01-04-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 13329899)
**** France.

ROFL

In58men 01-05-2018 08:53 AM

Anybody watch Peaky Blinders?

Heard it’s pretty damn good.

Chiefnj2 01-05-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13329943)
Ha. There are some blatant French traits throughout. Mainly the prison conditions for an already convicted serial killer. Nicer than my condo.

If you like French crime drama, then try The Frozen Dead. It's new on Netflix. It's in French with subtitles. I really enjoyed it, only 6 episodes.

KCUnited 01-05-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13332725)
If you like French crime drama, then try The Frozen Dead. It's new on Netflix. It's in French with subtitles. I really enjoyed it, only 6 episodes.

Yep, I'm 2 episodes in and really like it. Likely finish it this weekend.

I don't necessarily seek out foreign shows, but I do like how the subtitles command my attention.

mr. tegu 01-09-2018 08:48 PM

I’ve been watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It’s good but it’s definitely not a grand epic or anything. Kind of an easy watch that does serve its purpose in being entertaining.

I see a lot of people like Peaky Blinders but I just can’t get into it. I’ve watched probably six or so episodes and I find the accents hard to understand and the story overall to be pretty boring without any characters that keep me wanting to find out what happens next.

NewChief 01-10-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13350686)

I see a lot of people like Peaky Blinders but I just can’t get into it. I’ve watched probably six or so episodes and I find the accents hard to understand and the story overall to be pretty boring without any characters that keep me wanting to find out what happens next.

Peaky Blinders might be my favorite show currently. Many fans of the show (myself included) run it with subtitles enabled. This helps with the accents. You miss ALOT without the subtitles because there are a lot of subtleties in dialog and such that are easy to gloss over with the accents.

RockChalk 01-10-2018 05:18 PM

Anyone catch Manhunt: Unabomber?

My wife and I just binged that one. Originally on Discovery, the full season 1 is on Netflix now. We liked it.

keg in kc 01-10-2018 08:08 PM

Sooo...I started Riverdale on Netflix. I know, I know. But holy shit, that show is as good as everybody says. I can't believe it.

patteeu 01-10-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13352832)
Sooo...I started Riverdale on Netflix. I know, I know. But holy shit, that show is as good as everybody says. I can't believe it.

Did you watch the Archies (or read the comic books) when you were a kid?

Rausch 01-11-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13352832)
Sooo...I started Riverdale on Netflix. I know, I know. But holy shit, that show is as good as everybody says.

:facepalm:

Rausch 01-11-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 13329789)
New seasons of:
Black Mirror

The clear cream of the crop.

Sad thing is if you binge it's a very short season. I guess that BBC influence.

These creators need more $$$ and more eps and this may become THE show Netflix can hang it's hat on. It's that good.

Black Mirror does it right. There are nods to themes but nothing smashes you over the head with anything. It makes you think.

It honors the original Twilight Zone...

sully1983 01-11-2018 10:51 AM

^^^^
looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. Haven't even started Season 1 of Black Mirror yet so I will be binge watching it this weekend. I've only heard good things about it

Chiefnj2 01-11-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13332758)
Yep, I'm 2 episodes in and really like it. Likely finish it this weekend.

I don't necessarily seek out foreign shows, but I do like how the subtitles command my attention.

Did you finish Frozen Dead?

Rausch 01-11-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13353680)
^^^^
looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. Haven't even started Season 1 of Black Mirror yet so I will be binge watching it this weekend. I've only heard good things about it

Season 1 is amazing. It really is a futuristic Twilight Zone done well.

Very well in fact.

Rausch 01-11-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13353686)
Did you finish Frozen Dead?

Did you finish Bubba Ho Tep like I asked you to?...