ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Some chatter today about Mahomes drifting too far from the pocket (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333762)

Bl00dyBizkitz 08-21-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15794331)
Yeah, it's a concern just as much as it's a concern that teams now have the blueprint to shutting down our offense.

(For those of you who read this wrong, that means it's not a concern at all)

WE'VE BEEN SOLVED!!! SECRETS OUT!!! ****!

dlphg9 08-21-2021 06:51 PM

Maybe Mahomes could have stepped up in that pocket and not been touched or maybe he steps up and gets trapped and sacked. I'd rather he try and make a play, because he doesn't have much room to step up and if he does then he has a lot less time to throw.

Mahomes doesn't need to step up in the pocket. He's athletic enough that he can use his feet to buy himself a lot more time to throw.

TEX 08-21-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15794679)
The cutting of that is a bit misleading. Thuney was getting his **** pushed in when Mahomes had to make that decision. Thuney recovered nicely, but last year that is absolutely a sack for Patrick if he steps up in that situation.

Yes. That's how I saw it also. But man, that pick aweful. Should have just thrown it away. Maybe in a real game he does.

vonBobo 08-21-2021 07:15 PM

Hoping Patrick sees this thread so we can teach him something about football

Chiefspants 08-21-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15794717)
Yes. That's how I saw it also. But man, that pick aweful. Should have just thrown it away. Maybe in a real game he does.

Agreed. Hopefully that was a pre-season only type of pass.

-King- 08-21-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15794679)
The cutting of that is a bit misleading. Thuney was getting his **** pushed in when Mahomes had to make that decision. Thuney recovered nicely, but last year that is absolutely a sack for Patrick if he steps up in that situation.

I agree. It looks like he can step up but only after Thuney recovers. If he tried to step up before, Thuney would have been pushed right into his lap.

Bump 08-21-2021 07:46 PM

yes lets nitpick the best QB the world has ever seen and has taken the Chiefs to 2 straight Superbowls, winning one.

Rainbarrel 08-21-2021 07:47 PM

It could be the odd chance, someone was wearing the same body wash/cologne as Cam Irving.

Megatron96 08-21-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15794751)
yes lets nitpick the best QB the world has ever seen and has taken the Chiefs to 2 straight Superbowls, winning one.

While overall I can agree with the sentiment, I think it's also okay to admit that Patrick still has some things to learn. He ain't perfect. Just as close to it as humanly possible.

InChiefsHeaven 08-21-2021 08:40 PM

Oddly, both Patrick and Reid said he was throwing it away...why he doesn't just chuck that into the stands is beyond me.

It was a bad INT. But, it was preseason...I'll take Mahomes all day long. He'll figure it out. New OLine, and a life long tendancy. It'll take some time to iron out.

crayzkirk 08-21-2021 08:45 PM

My only point was that when ESPN has Trent Dilfer breaking down everything wrong about Mahomes, I find it seems a lot like envy. Yeah, he has a tendency to improvise and it's not always the best choice. It's easy to look at film in stop/slow motion and say 'he could have stepped up at point xyz', yet this is all happening in real time with some seriously strong men trying to get to him.

It's good to have the king of the hill on our team and be a target.

Chiefspants 08-21-2021 08:50 PM

“Niners gonna put up 50” - Trent Dilfer.

He’s just been tripling down ever since.

Red Dawg 08-21-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonBobo (Post 15794721)

So do I. Imagine how good he would be if he listened the seasoned experts on CP. Chiefs would never lose a game.

eDave 08-21-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonBobo (Post 15794721)

Mahomes is invincibill. I'm sure of it.

-King- 08-21-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 15794751)

Which players are we allowed to criticize aspects of their game?