ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Belichick breaks down Chiefs D: "They kind of screwed it up." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320847)

Angry fan 01-23-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55 (Post 14067575)
All 5 receivers open on the play. Two of them score easily if Brady sees them.

Possibly. You have to remember the chiefs guy responsible for the Patriots right side of the field is watching Brady. So I think if Brady holds on to it and throws it to Edelman or the slow fullback they'll be tackled. I don't think the slow fullback would be able to get to the chiefs corner converging on Edelman in time to block for Edelman to get the TD. It looks really open, but it might not have amounted to much more in yardage.

Plus I think the blitz made Brady throw it quick?

ClarkGriswold 01-23-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14067330)
I thought Berry was going to take care of the screw ups.

Yes, and wasn't it Berry who let Edelmann run free?

smithandrew051 01-23-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14067626)
You're absolutely correct. It was certainly not all his fault, and of course you're not blaming him for all of it. But the simple fact is that he did nothing to improve the situation, let alone fix it.

It wasn’t all his fault, but look at what he’s being paid. High pay=greater blame when you **** up. If he was being paid less, we could afford better players around him.

If he doesn’t want to be held accountable according to what he’s being paid, then he should take less pay. It comes with the territory.

Also pissed at Justin Houston for practically no-showing in this one too.

SuperBowl4 01-23-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14067177)
Well silver lining is at least Ford got Sutton fired. Hard to see a SB team firing their DC. Unless we win then maybe he retires. But doubtful. I'm sure they gave him the option to retire gracefully from this and for whatever reason he refused. Stubborn to the end.

What about The Ravens dumping Super Bowl winning QB Trent Dilfer for Elvis Grbac? How did that work out for the Ravens?

Easy 6 01-23-2019 06:28 PM

I honestly thought they"d quietly "retire" Sutton, do the whole Reid loyalty thing and let him salvage some dignity

But no, they simply fired his old ass... and with damn good cause

And nothing illustrates that point quite like seeing Belichik be so blunt about it, or hearing Romo call out the defense and tell you exactly where Brady was going over and over again... and hell who even needed them to tell us how bad it'd gotten, when all you had to do is watch the games

dj56dt58 01-23-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14067270)
The first play looked exactly like the Scandrick debacle in the Chargers loss. These guys had no idea what they were doing.

Bob Sutton folks

Fuller was involved in that play as well..

stevieray 01-23-2019 07:50 PM

Not watching that.

..salt in the wound.

New defense to look forward to.

AssEaterChief 01-23-2019 08:49 PM

I actually like the breakdown by Bill....is this something he does after all their games?

suzzer99 01-23-2019 09:13 PM

Oh good I wasn't in a blind rage for the last few hours. Then I decided to check back into this thread.

Flying High D 01-23-2019 09:35 PM

Keystone cops

TipRoast 01-24-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 14068322)
I actually like the breakdown by Bill....is this something he does after all their games?

Yes. He also appears on a local radio show the day after the game for about 20 minutes and gives a similar breakdown (without the telestrator, of course).

SuperBowl4 01-24-2019 04:53 AM

Yes BB, we know Bob Sutton screwed up when they started Eric Berry. Not rocket science. Thank for nothing

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2019 05:32 AM

This has been a major issue for the defense this year. If you have seen the AP defensive breakdowns over the year, the “banjo” assignment (where bunched receivers are assigned and switched dependent on the routes) has been terribly communicated this year. The play that LA used to win the game against the Chiefs was executed so easily because of the “banjo” miscommunication.

Good riddance, Sutton.

Garcia Bronco 01-24-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 14068691)
This has been a major issue for the defense this year. If you have seen the AP defensive breakdowns over the year, the “banjo” assignment (where bunched receivers are assigned and switched dependent on the routes) has been terribly communicated this year. The play that LA used to win the game against the Chiefs was executed so easily because of the “banjo” miscommunication.

Good riddance, Sutton.

You beat up something about two players communicating on the field. That's on the players not the coach.

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2019 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 14068693)
You beat up something about two players communicating on the field. That's on the players not the coach.

When it’s a trend that is seen throughout a season, that is on the coaches as well as the players.