ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319010)

New World Order 11-21-2018 08:59 PM

Have no problem with spanking or even using a belt but those photos of AP's kid is abuse.

suzzer99 11-21-2018 09:00 PM

Yeah for sure - that's terrible. That's lashing out in anger.

AssEaterChief 11-21-2018 09:08 PM

If you don't know how to discipline your child without physical violence, you don't know how to parent, period.

Being a parent is about being a good role model and diplomacy... he is doing neither

Pablo 11-21-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13909388)
Damn. A stihl, too. You know there was no chance you were gonna get lucky and have that mother****er not start or something. They're too damn reliable.

If your dad would have just owned a craftsman, you'd be a much shittier person due to lack of weed eater lashings.

Yep. Spared no expense on my learnin'.

FAX 11-21-2018 09:35 PM

My father tied me up in a gunny sack and threw me in the river. I learned a lot ...

Like, for example, never, ever let somebody tie you up in a gunny sack and throw you in a river.

FAX

ghak99 11-21-2018 09:58 PM

Those pictures are hard to look at every time they get posted.

I always assumed the switch was a backwoods Missouri hillbilly thing, but judging by the amount of comments on Facebook when the "black women getting the switch" meme pops up it's not as uncommon, even today, as many people probably believe it should be.

Dad had a belt and the principal a fancy oversized ping pong paddle. "When your dad gets home" had meaning. It's a shame that so many kids today aren't even capable of receiving that threat.

dlphg9 11-21-2018 10:25 PM

I'd like to ask all the middle aged men who like to beat the shit out of their girlfriends/wives if they were beat as a child. Noone should ever use a ****ing belt on their child. Spanking is pretty worthless too.

stevieray 11-21-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909496)
I'd like to ask all the middle aged men who like to beat the shit out of their girlfriends/wives .

:rolleyes:

dlphg9 11-21-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13909506)
:rolleyes:

Studies show it makes children more violent. So you're telling me that boys who are beat by their fathers when they are young wouldn't be more likely to beat their wives when they are older?

stevieray 11-21-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909507)
Studies show it makes children more violent. So you're telling me that boys who are beat by their fathers when they are young wouldn't be more likely to beat their wives when they are older?

I'm telling you that you made a presumption that is bogus.

Abused kids turn violent? Water is wet.

Beating your kids ass because they disobey? Nah. They are BEGGING you to set boundaries.

dlphg9 11-21-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13909510)
I'm telling you that you made a presumption that is bogus.

Abused kids turn violent? Water is wet.

Beating your kids ass because they disobey? Nah. They are BEGGING you to set boundaries.

You should never beat a kid's ass. Hitting with a belt is child abuse.

stevieray 11-21-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909523)
You should never

Stopped reading.

Chief Roundup 11-21-2018 11:28 PM

Some of you are acting as if every dad out there just goes straight for the belt.
Surely most go through a progression of punishments before the belt.
You know where you have a conversation about the behavior that is going on while grounding and then escalate it as necessary.
There is nothing wrong with a spanking on the butt with a belt. If the parent has lost control of their anger hopefully they will tell the child that they have a whipping coming but that they need to calm down before giving said punishment.

Chief Roundup 11-21-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13909523)
You should never beat a kid's ass. Hitting with a belt is child abuse.

What do you do then when grounding, taking all their "stuff" away, talking hasn't worked and they are continuing on with bad behavior?

threebag 11-21-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13909544)
What do you do then when grounding, taking all their "stuff" away, talking hasn't worked and they are continuing on with bad behavior?

Spank that ass. Just because you spank an ass doesn’t mean you give it everything you got. Just enough sting to get your point across. One open hand right on the ass