ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is the NFL and its refs out to "get us"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318980)

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13906297)
I am done trying to convince anyone. I recognize when the Chiefs get a boost and when they get screwed.

People that don’t get it never will. I would rather be in their shoes to be honest. I would enjoy watching a lot more.

I do all I can to not get caught up with officiating. Maybe it's the last few years of watching my daughter play club volleyball, my kids playing varsity sports. Refs suck at all levels. Getting wrapped up in it just makes you look like an idiot parent and I really think that's helped me dismiss what happens at the NFL level.

kcpasco 11-20-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13906294)
Wow add this to the ****ing list.

Yet Hill can’t throw up a peace sign

Nzoner 11-20-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13906297)
I am done trying to convince anyone. I recognize when the Chiefs get a boost and when they get screwed.

People that don’t get it never will. I would rather be in their shoes to be honest. I would enjoy watching a lot more.

Nah,as someone who used to be in those shoes I don't miss that kick in the nuts feeling after play-off losses etc.

I watch now for what it is,pure ****ing entertainment and it rarely fails at that.

chiefzilla1501 11-20-2018 10:23 AM

They are not out to get us. There is no conspiracy theory. But there are teams out there who consistently get favorable calls especially in big games, big situations.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13906311)
Yet Hill can’t throw up a peace sign

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they've been pretty clear about not taunting another player. Whether it's a peace sign, spiking the ball, etc. Everything is in a gray area now that they have allowed wild ass end zone celebrations.

kcpasco 11-20-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906332)
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they've been pretty clear about not taunting another player. Whether it's a peace sign, spiking the ball, etc. Everything is in a gray area now that they have allowed wild ass end zone celebrations.

I think it’s clear you can’t remove your helmet on the field either yet Peters only got a warning.

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13906330)
They are not out to get us. There is no conspiracy theory. But there are teams out there who consistently get favorable calls especially in big games, big situations.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...lties-per-game

Top 5 least penalized teams on average per game 2018:
Pats / Titans / Panthers / Saints / Cowboys

Top 5 most penalized teams on average per game 2018:
Chiefs / Steelers / Chargers / Browns / Seahawks

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13906335)
I think it’s clear you can’t remove your helmet on the field either yet Peters only got a warning.

Won't disagree, just not sure it's truly called every time though.

ChiTown 11-20-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13906332)

He's been doing that for the last 2 years without any infraction called. Why start enforcing that in the biggest non-playoff game of the year?

FAX 11-20-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13906270)
Then explain Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy. And now Mahomes in KC?

I got one!!!

Follow the money, Mr. BigRedChief. Which QBs have the biggest endorsement deals? The NFL understands the value impact of ratings and sponsorship.

We'll soon find out ... if Mahomes becomes the national superstar many of us believe he will become, we'll see this bias problem decrease. Guys like Green, Cassel, Smith, etc. don't draw big audiences or national attention. Guys like Rogers and Pay Pay do. (Steinberg probably needs to up his game this off-season, as well.)

I understand your desire to maintain objectivity in the face of elevated emotion ... I really do. On the other hand, a spade is a spade ... and that was one of the worst officiating jobs I've seen in a couple of years. The list of blown, erroneous, and/or missed calls in this game is very, very lengthy. Unfortunate considering that (according to the NFL) this was an "all-star" officiating group.

FAX

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13906347)
He's been doing that for the last 2 years without any infraction called. Why start enforcing that in the biggest non-playoff game of the year?

No clue, didn't realize he's been doing that the last 2 years...

Simply Red 11-20-2018 10:30 AM

PyroJoe - I just procured 'Interference' on Amazon used for $5.99/shipped - thanks

Mile High Mania 11-20-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13906352)
I got one!!!

Follow the money, Mr. BigRedChief. Which QBs have the biggest endorsement deals? The NFL understands the value impact of ratings and sponsorship.

We'll soon find out ... if Mahomes becomes the national superstar many of us believe he will become, we'll see this bias problem decrease. Guys like Green, Cassel, Smith, etc. don't draw big audiences or national attention. Guys like Rogers and Pay Pay do. (Steinberg probably needs to up his game this off-season, as well.)

I understand your desire to maintain objectivity in the face of elevated emotion ... I really do. On the other hand, a spade is a spade ... and that was one of the worst officiating jobs I've seen in a couple of years. The list of blown, erroneous, and/or missed calls in this game is very, very lengthy. Unfortunate considering that (according to the NFL) this was an "all-star" officiating group.

FAX

Did the Chiefs benefit from any bad/non calls?

Nzoner 11-20-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13906355)
PyroJoe - I just procured 'Interference' on Amazon used for $5.99/shipped - thanks

It's a helluva read,oh and just so you know going in there's only one team in the NFL with a chapter all to themselves.

The title of that chapter is called The Kansas City Shuffle LMAO

MVChiefFan 11-20-2018 10:33 AM

I don’t think it’s totally rigged, and I absolutely don’t want to believe it, because why even watch another game? You have to allow room for human refs to make mistakes, but good lord, these guys are supposed to be the best the world has to offer at their jobs and they absolutely miss false starts?!?! You are literally standing there watching straight down the line of scrimmage and it’s your ONLY f****** job! I can legit say that a false start is one penalty that should NEVER be missed. So that definitely pushes the narrative, and I just don’t understand it.