ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyler Bray vs Patrick Mahomes II competition for backup (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308912)

Rasputin 08-11-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13007279)
Who is going to IR Bray again or Mahomes?

Neither, but they should just move on from Bray or simply let Mahomes take the majority of second string reps in practice and let him go in after Alex sits down in the next preseason game. Bray is just a career third string quarterback.

bigjosh 08-11-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13007175)
As they are right now it isn't close.

Bray over Mahomes.

But we'll see what happens by the end of the Pre-Season.

If they only want 2 QBs then Mahomes will get it by default. Bray is topped out as far as I'm concerned while Mahomes has youth going for him.

What is this opinion based on? How is Bray better than Mahomes and "not even close"

did you watch that abortion that bray performed on the field out there tonight?

WhiteWhale 08-11-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13007291)
What is this opinion based on? How is Bray better than Mahomes and "not even close"

I thought he played pretty well... for Tyler Bray. Which is because he's Tyler Bray.

Mahomes with the 2's. They're gonna play on the team. He needs the work and the timing with guys who won't be selling cigarettes to teenagers at some gas station in 2 months.

bigjosh 08-11-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13007292)
I thought he played pretty well... for Tyler Bray. Which is because he's Tyler Bray.

Mahomes with the 2's. They're gonna play on the team. He needs the work and the timing with guys who won't be selling cigarettes to teenagers at some gas station in 2 months.

Thats what I am saying.

Mahomes played better than Bray, with the 3s, No oLine, and kept his shit together.

Mahomes earned his time with the 2s. If bray has a problem with it he can go home and throw beer cans out his window or something.

WhiteWhale 08-11-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13007302)
Thats what I am saying.

Mahomes played better than Bray, with the 3s, No oLine, and kept his shit together.

Mahomes earned his time with the 2s. If bray has a problem with it he can go home and throw beer cans out his window or something.

I was just trying to agree with you in a cute way.

Rasputin 08-11-2017 11:37 PM

It is an injustice for Patrick not taking the second string reps in the next preseason game or here on out. He earned it.

bigjosh 08-11-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13007304)
I was just trying to agree with you in a cute way.

ROFL

Sandy Vagina 08-11-2017 11:38 PM

Not at all impressed with Bray. I hope Mahomes gets more looks with the 2's, and even 1's... Smith doesn't even need to suit up again till September.

bigjosh 08-11-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13007305)
It is an injustice for Patrick not taking the second string reps in the next preseason game or here on out. He earned it.

Yep. This is going to be Mahomes team sometime in the near future. Get him some reps with teammates that will still be teammates in 3 weeks. As far as Im concerned, whatever reason they have been keeping bray stashed away on this team for 4 years is moot. He will never play in a game, never be a starter, and has zero trade value. Hes just taking up space. He can take up space behind Mahomes, where he belongs.

OldSchool 08-11-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13007291)

Aside from the abortion of an INT, I thought Bray did pretty well, good enough to be a backup QB and, unless you're dumb enough to try to argue the point, has way more experience in Reid's system than Mahomes does.

But if you were to say, choose one and cut the other, you'd have to cut Bray, obviously, as he has pretty much reached his ceiling.

Rasputin 08-11-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13007312)
Yep. This is going to be Mahomes team sometime in the near future. Get him some reps with teammates that will still be teammates in 3 weeks. As far as Im concerned, whatever reason they have been keeping bray stashed away on this team for 4 years is moot. He will never play in a game, never be a starter, and has zero trade value. Hes just taking up space. He can take up space behind Mahomes, where he belongs.

Worthless. Even dung beetles have a purpose in life he just exist for a paycheck.

Warrick 08-11-2017 11:46 PM

Chiefs need to start looking for a #3 qb next year, Bray is a lost cause. Mahomes has shown in camp and today that he is the Chiefs #2 qb. Smith looked good today as well.

bigjosh 08-11-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13007315)
Aside from the abortion of an INT, I thought Bray did pretty well, good enough to be a backup QB and, unless you're dumb enough to try to argue the point, has way more experience in Reid's system than Mahomes does.

But if you were to say, choose one and cut the other, you'd have to cut Bray, obviously, as he has pretty much reached his ceiling.

bray was 5/8 with an interception. Looked like a statue out there, couldnt evade the rush at all, and couldn't handle pressure.

If he has reached his ceiling, he will never be of use. Even as a backup.

Sandy Vagina 08-12-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13007331)
bray was 5/8 with an interception. Looked like a statue out there, couldnt evade the rush at all, and couldn't handle pressure.

If he has reached his ceiling, he will never be of use. Even as a backup.

u agree that it was just.. one.. preseason game, yes?

Warrick 08-12-2017 12:18 AM

This isn't Bray's first preseason game, yet it looked like it... they all looked relatively the same (mediocre).