ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Are you going to watch the Super Bowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320824)

TheBayouBullet 01-23-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14067514)
(Brohug.) Welcome to the Republic of Mahomes, my friend.

I spent half the season pulling for Mahomes to choke so Brees could finally win league MVP. Now I'd give anything to see either one of them in the Big One. It's all just so wrong.

crayzkirk 01-23-2019 02:57 PM

I will probably watch the replay to see if the Rams coaches and players can stop the Patriots from simply playing basic football.

CoMoChief 01-23-2019 02:59 PM

I'll have it on, or will be at a friend's house...but I won't really watch it.

I'll be too busy drinking and eating food.

Frazod 01-23-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChiefs89 (Post 14067437)
The real question is does Chiefs nation want Brady to win with the hope he walks away???

I will be pulling for them with that exact hope. Sure it sucks they are this dominant, but if the Chiefs aren't winning it this yr I don't really care who does. If I'm putting my Chiefs fandom in front of my pats hatred... unfortunately that means I'm a pats fan next week.

I'd rather see somebody throw his helmet into the stands while his ****ing head is still inside it.

Is that wrong?

1Ten 01-23-2019 03:21 PM

I might be up for replays of key stuff, so I can ff thru the commercials.

FAX 01-23-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBayouBullet (Post 14067420)
I was going to make a thread about this, but as a newly-registered member it appears I'm unable to post at present - though if someone else would, it'd sure be appreciated! Regardless, if there is any fan base in the NFL that deserves an invitation to join the Who Dat Nation at this event, it's the Kansas City faithful.

I can't post the link because of said newly-registered status, but Google the Boycott Bowl festival that's about to go down in NOLA on Super Bowl Sunday (you can find it on Facebook, too). The event is still in the process of being organized (not by me), but it's worth keeping track of if anyone feels like making a protest trek to the Big Easy. There is no doubt that anyone in a Chiefs jersey would get a warm, warm reception.

It should have been us, guys. It should have been us.

Consider yourself chambered.

FAX

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBayouBullet (Post 14067420)
I was going to make a thread about this, but as a newly-registered member it appears I'm unable to post at present - though if someone else would, it'd sure be appreciated! Regardless, if there is any fan base in the NFL that deserves an invitation to join the Who Dat Nation at this event, it's the Kansas City faithful.

I can't post the link because of said newly-registered status, but Google the Boycott Bowl festival that's about to go down in NOLA on Super Bowl Sunday (you can find it on Facebook, too). The event is still in the process of being organized (not by me), but it's worth keeping track of if anyone feels like making a protest trek to the Big Easy. There is no doubt that anyone in a Chiefs jersey would get a warm, warm reception.

It should have been us, guys. It should have been us.

Welcome aboard Pats-hater....

https://www.facebook.com/events/2125065277613134/

EDIT: Let's hope YOUR owner walks into the next owners meeting and starts the meeting with a hearty "**** YOU" to Goodell, and remind them that they are best advised to STFU because she's got dirt on the NFL and she's more than willing to go "NOLA Mob" all over them if they step out of line. And tell them that adding reviews of PI isn't enough, to keep her quiet they're going to have to fix a LOT more than that. I know ours won't.

swifty32661 01-23-2019 04:03 PM

If there were a guarantee that Brady walks away with a SB win this time...hell, yeah i'd root for the Patriot's to win. He's such a narcissist though..it's going to take him completely shitting the bed during the regular season/not making the playoffs before he retires me thinks. :cuss::cuss:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChiefs89 (Post 14067437)
The real question is does Chiefs nation want Brady to win with the hope he walks away???

I will be pulling for them with that exact hope. Sure it sucks they are this dominant, but if the Chiefs aren't winning it this yr I don't really care who does. If I'm putting my Chiefs fandom in front of my pats hatred... unfortunately that means I'm a pats fan next week.

tooge 01-23-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swifty32661 (Post 14067803)
If there were a guarantee that Brady walks away with a massive injury to his pecker, rendering him unable to walk again, ..hell, yeah i'd root for the Patriot's to win. He's such a narcissist though..it's going to take him completely shitting the bed during the regular season/not making the playoffs before he retires me thinks. :cuss::cuss:

FYP

Frosty 01-23-2019 04:43 PM

No. I have a bad case of Patriots fatigue. The SB isn't worth watching for the teams, the commercials have gotten lamer every year (and can be watched on Youtube in a fraction of the time), and the halftime show will suck. It's my birthday weekend and I'm not wasting my time watching this pile of shit.

If it turns out the game was good (ie, the Pats get destroyed), I'll catch it on one of the 4000 inevitable replays on NFLN.

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 04:55 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, the mine isn't open to dive on the 3rd.

I guess I'll drive to Iowa and dive Iowanian's farm pond!

Easy 6 01-23-2019 04:57 PM

Let me say this with absolute sincerity... NO, **** this game

For the very first time in my life, I'm voluntarily skipping the "big game", and I hope millions of other Americans join me, I hope it's the lowest rated piece of shit the NFL has ever had

And in all honesty it's not 100% because WE didn't make it, it's because I want NOTHING to do with another goddamn pats appearance... and also because LA was gifted their appearance to generate interest in the nations 2nd largest market

Both of these teams can eat shit and die

I'll be renting some movies or maybe going on some kind of road trip, followed by a nice dinner

George Liquor 01-23-2019 05:00 PM

Nah. I might turn it on for background noise while I play on my phone or something

38yrsfan 01-23-2019 05:20 PM

Nope. Fabricated entertainment to benefit the NFL dementia we are subjected to has no appeal.

That itch was scratched when they introduced, repealed, then reinstated Instant Replay. Now it is a tool for game guidance.

DinoHackett 01-23-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 14065929)
Yes, yes it is.

No, no it isn't.