ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8004768)
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY MISSOURI!

Why? The big XII will certainly wait.

Saul Good 10-18-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8004768)
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY MISSOURI!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/..._7990781_n.jpg

track 10-18-2011 04:34 PM

[QUOTE said the move was because they couldn't beat Texas.[/QUOTE]

True

kcfan82 10-18-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8004666)
Yes, because it is impossible for that to be their intention, and at the same time impossible that they end up not being able to do so and end up having to go to a superconference instead. In both of those scenarios, MU going to the SEC is the right move if they have the opportunity.

Who cares, if the super conferences come then Missouri could move then. It's not like they are Iowa State and Baylor and will be begging for a home.

They might even get the Big 10 which it appeared the wanted in the first place.

CoMoChief 10-18-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by track (Post 8004791)
[QUOTE said the move was because they couldn't beat Texas.

True[/QUOTE]

Hell Texas would get dominated in the SEC.

CoMoChief 10-18-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan82 (Post 8004798)
Who cares, if the super conferences come then Missouri could move then. It's not like they are Iowa State and Baylor and will be begging for a home.

No, but its a lot better move to do it now to have the security, in case something really ****ed up happens.

they (B12) can preach all they want to about being stable and wanting to move forward and expanding, but the reality of it all is that this ESPN/Longhorn network was a death blow to the conference....period. I don't blame MU for one second in wanting to get away from that mess and unfair advantage it gives to ONE school in the conf.

Meanwhile I think MU will be able to recruit the HELL out of the tier 2/3 players from states like Bama, Georgia, Florida, and other schools they wouldn't normally have access too now....they will still be able to have the TX pipeline.

Saul Good 10-18-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan82 (Post 8004798)

Why not just stay on this sinking ship until it's completely under water instead of getting on the yacht that pull up alongside us? There will be plenty of life rafts later.

And screw the B1G and screw their junior membership offer.

kcfan82 10-18-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8004811)
No, but its a lot better move to do it now to have the security, in case something really ****ed up happens.

they (B12) can preach all they want to about being stable and wanting to move forward and expanding, but the reality of it all is that this ESPN/Longhorn network was a death blow to the conference....period. I don't blame MU for one second in wanting to get away from that mess and unfair advantage it gives to ONE school in the conf.

Meanwhile I think MU will be able to recruit the HELL out of the tier 2/3 players from states like Bama, Georgia, Florida, and other schools they wouldn't normally have access too now....they will still be able to have the TX pipeline.

Honestly I'm not one of those people who say Missouri can't compete in the SEC. Take a look, the SEC has the most 4 and 5 star recruits of any conference, and they are dispersed among the teams.

It's just bad for Kansas City, because there is no way in hell we'll ever see an SEC basketball or football championship here.

That's 400 million over the last X years that is just going away.

That's why I want them to stay.

teedubya 10-18-2011 04:47 PM

I enjoy the rivalries. If Mizzou leaves for the SEC, I will end up hating them way less, and not have anger towards them and become apathetic about them... I want to keep the hate, dammit.

track 10-18-2011 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=tI want to keep the hate, dammit.[/QUOTE]

LOL

eazyb81 10-18-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8004811)

It has taken 7+ years for me to say I agree 100% with a Como post.

DJ's left nut 10-18-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8004877)
It has taken 7+ years for me to say I agree 100% with a Como post.

He puts too many periods in his ellipses.

What an asshole.

Frazod 10-18-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8004828)
I enjoy the rivalries. If Mizzou leaves for the SEC, I will end up hating them way less, and not have anger towards them and become apathetic about them... I want to keep the hate, dammit.

If it helps, I'll continue to eat blackened chicken for dinner every August 21. :fire:

Reaper16 10-18-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan82 (Post 8004825)

It's just bad for Kansas City, because there is no way in hell we'll ever see an SEC basketball or football championship here.

That's 400 million over the last X years that is just going away.

That's why I want them to stay.

This is why I will become less of a Mizzou fan when they move to the SEC. If you hurt KC then you hurt me.

DeezNutz 10-18-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8005104)
This is why I will become less of a Mizzou fan when they move to the SEC. If you hurt KC then you hurt me.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481

Baby crying as a poor some Blvd. Wheat Wine on your grave.

track 10-18-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8005104)

THIS!

|Zach| 10-18-2011 07:24 PM

I love Kansas City. But Kansas City is a big kid. I would feel worse about this bad luck situation for KC if it did not give itself so many self inflicted wounds.

It is a good deal of money but it isn't like some situation where Billy Joel needs to come down and redo the words of Allentown to fit Kansas City.

|Zach| 10-18-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by track (Post 8005125)
THIS!

Oh, are you a Mizzou fan?

DeezNutz 10-18-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8005127)
Oh, are you a Mizzou fan?

I've been studying his previous 41 posts in two years, trying to figure it out.

track 10-18-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8004802)
True

Hell Texas would get dominated in the SEC.[/QUOTE]

Not long ago Texas won the national championship. They are a little down now from then..but they have the resources like no other school...so doubtful they will be down long....but even with a less than top 10 football team, they still are among the few elite due to the size of their fan base/alumni and the number of dollars they spend on athletics every year. OU or LSU might have a better football team NOW...but neither have the power/ money of Texas.

Reaper16 10-18-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8005121)
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481

Baby crying as a poor some Blvd. Wheat Wine on your grave.

I can't buy any Harvest Dance Wheatwine down here. Stop making me feel even worse about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8005126)
I love Kansas City. But Kansas City is a big kid. I would feel worse about this bad luck situation for KC if it did not give itself so many self inflicted wounds.

It is a good deal of money but it isn't like some situation where Billy Joel needs to come down and redo the words of Allentown to fit Kansas City.

I hate Billy Joel, so I don't have the slightest idea as to what that reference means.

Al Bundy 10-18-2011 07:47 PM

KK basically said "MU sucks, they will ALWAYS finish at or below .500 if they join the SEC." He made me laugh.

Los Pollos Hermanos 10-18-2011 07:51 PM

K-State would dominate the SEC.

BigCatDaddy 10-18-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF Knight (Post 8005193)
KK basically said "MU sucks, they will ALWAYS finish at or below .500 if they join the SEC." He made me laugh.

I guess it depends on your definition of sucks, but he is probably spot on with the record prediction.

kstater 10-18-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 8005201)
K-State would dominate the SEC.

Once we get away from all these recruiting disadvantages Texas puts on us, I could see it happening.

Al Bundy 10-18-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8005202)
I guess it depends on your definition of sucks, but he is probably spot on with the record prediction.

I doubt that. Keitz is hurting bad over this.

ArrowheadHawk 10-18-2011 08:44 PM

If the longhorn network is such a big deal. Why isn't Florida's 100 million dollar deal with sun sports to broadcast their football games a big deal?

Bambi 10-18-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8005293)
If the longhorn network is such a big deal. Why isn't Florida's 100 million dollar deal with sun sports to broadcast their football games a big deal?

A lot of us don't think the LHN is a big deal.

Most of us aren't scared of it.

Others run. But look at those teams' records. There's not much there.

KChiefs1 10-18-2011 09:03 PM

KK keeps bringing up how Arkansas screwed itself by joining the SEC. Funny how they aren't begging to join the Big 12 huh?

mnchiefsguy 10-18-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005317)

And others keep their lips squarely on the butt of Texas. Keep sucking up there, you do Jayhawk nation proud!

Those that think the LHN is not a big deal are in the minority.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8005325)
And others keep their lips squarely on the butt of Texas. Keep sucking up there, you do Jayhawk nation proud!

Those that think the LHN is not a big deal are in the minority.

My school shares a state with 3 million people with another BCS school yet still has an endowment over 1 billion dollars.

So uh, yea. I couldn't care less about the LHN.

But by all means. Go to the SEC, you think Florida's deal isn't exactly the same thing?

So ****ing naive. I can't wait for this.

KChiefs1 10-18-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8004502)
You think Missouri leaving the Big 12 hurts Kansas State?

You do realize that Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M & Missouri have left the Big 12 the last couple of years right? Sounds pretty stable to me!

mnchiefsguy 10-18-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 8005324)
KK keeps bringing up how Arkansas screwed itself by joining the SEC. Funny how they aren't begging to join the Big 12 huh?

Yeah, and KK conveniently forgets to mention that Arkansas has been to 4 SEC championship games in football. and a BCS bowl.

Arkansas is not a powerhouse, but they have a good tradition, and have had some success. I think Mizzou can equal and exceed what Arkansas has done.

mnchiefsguy 10-18-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005334)
My school shares a state with 3 million people with another BCS school yet still has an endowment over 1 billion dollars.

But by all means. Go to the SEC, you think Florida's deal isn't exactly the same thing?

Florida's deal is not the same and you know it. You have drank the KK kool-aid hook, line and sinker.

tk13 10-18-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

There is a difference between Florida having an agreement with an individual sports channel, where the Longhorn network is a television station owned by a university. It's an interesting discussion but I'm not sure the two situations are completely comparable. Sun Sports broadcasts a variety of college and pro sports. The Longhorn Network exists solely to serve and advance UT's position. I'm not sure that will be a dealbreaker in this thing, but it's not quite the same. Especially in terms of branding.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8005345)
Florida's deal is not the same and you know it. You have drank the KK kool-aid hook, line and sinker.

Like I said...can't wait.

Al Bundy 10-18-2011 09:13 PM

Sun Sports is part of Fox Sports net. They also show Rays, Lightning and Magic games. LHN will NEVER show any of those other sports.

Reaper16 10-18-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Why do you think the SEC is expanding? The way that the SEC handles Tier 3 rights is going to change.

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

The guy who not only couldn't read the tea leaves but can't read the obvious signs right in front of him is lecturing others on naivety. You've been wrong this whole time.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF Knight (Post 8005355)
Sun Sports is part of Fox Sports net. They also show Rays, Lightning and Magic games. LHN will NEVER show any of those other sports.

Texas might want to start winning some football games or they might have to start showing those "other sports"...

DaKCMan AP 10-18-2011 09:17 PM

Breakfast with the Gators on Sun Sports is Awesome.

tk13 10-18-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005365)
Texas might want to start winning some football games or they might have to start showing those "other sports"...

Are you implying that professional sports teams are going to air their games on the Longhorn Network?

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8005364)
The guy who not only couldn't read the tea leaves but can't read the obvious signs right in front of him is lecturing others on naivety. You've been wrong this whole time.

huh?

My school and the Big 12 are fine.

Just like I've been saying for a year now.

I don't care what your school thats never won anything does.

I did care about the rivalry up to a few weeks ago, but after seeing MU's true colors of being absolute pussies and not standing with their brethren of 100 years I couldn't give a **** about that school anymore.

Good riddance, its been fun for us.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8005370)
Are you implying that professional sports teams are going to air their games on the Longhorn Network?

It was a joke about how much Texas has and how bad they fail.

DeezNutz 10-18-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8005370)

Trying to plumb the depths, huh?

tk13 10-18-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8005377)
Trying to plumb the depths, huh?

It's like Inception. I just can't tell if it's real. I'm waiting for someone to dunk me in the water and tell me it's over.

mnchiefsguy 10-18-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005373)
huh?

I did care about the rivalry up to a few weeks ago, but after seeing MU's true colors of being absolute pussies and not standing with their brethren of 100 years I couldn't give a **** about that school anymore.

Kind of like when KU did not stand with their MU brethren when the screwed Mizzou out of a bowl game a few years back?

Doing what is best for Mizzou, competing in a tougher conference is being a pussy?

You truly are a idiot.

DeezNutz 10-18-2011 09:25 PM

Can we get at least one more post to reaffirm the lack of concern/caring from other schools?

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

huh?

It really isn't a big deal. A front runner like yourself will just act like he isn't as interested in sports in a few years when the conference blows up and you don't have a chair when the music stops.

Your big brother you were sucking off tried to go to the PAC but couldn't because they see how parasitic they are.

All the while you have been confused as to why the rest of the world doesn't like basketball as much as you do.

You are as sad as KU's letter begging people to come to games. ROFL

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8005387)
Can we get at least one more post to reaffirm the lack of concern/caring from other schools?

You don't matter!

You ruined everything!

SPchief 10-18-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

huh?

Everything is ok folks. Move along, nothing to see here

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8005382)
Kind of like when KU did not stand with their MU brethren when the screwed Mizzou out of a bowl game a few years back?

Doing what is best for Mizzou, competing in a tougher conference is being a pussy?

You truly are a idiot.

Screwed?

MU had 2 losses. KU had 1. KU has a bigger brand. I really don't get what all the anger is about.

If KU would have lost I'd say you were right. But they didn't so I dunno man.

I'm already losing interest in what MU does.

DJ's left nut 10-18-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8005390)
It really isn't a big deal. A front runner like yourself will just act like he isn't as interested in sports in a few years when the conference blows up and you don't have a chair when the music stops.

Your big brother you were sucking off tried to go to the PAC but couldn't because they see how parasitic they are.

All the while you have been confused as to why the rest of the world doesn't like basketball as much as you do.

Yeah, but still less sad than when they were selling tickets on Groupon.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8005390)

Wake me up when all this happens.

I don't want to miss it.

DeezNutz 10-18-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005395)
Screwed?

MU had 2 losses. KU had 1. KU has a bigger brand. I really don't get what all the anger is about.

If KU would have lost I'd say you were right. But they didn't so I dunno man.

I'm already losing interest in what MU does.

Tell me more about your lack of interest, big brand boy.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8005400)
Tell me more about your lack of interest, big brand boy.

look at my first post in this exchange.

The LHN was the point.

Did you not see that?

DeezNutz 10-18-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005403)
look at my first post in this exchange.

The LHN was the point.

Did you not see that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005317)

Quote:

Palpable disinterest.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8005406)
Palpable disinterest.

Comparing the LHN with Sun Sports?

ok...you got me?

KcMizzou 10-18-2011 09:40 PM

This is one hell of a nasty breakup.

Frazod 10-18-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8005406)
Palpable disinterest.

LMAO

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MISSOURI!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MISSOURI AT ALL!

DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID MISSOURI? I SAID I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU MISSOURI!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MISSOURI AT ALL!!!! NEVER EVER EVER!!!!!

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE???????????????? :deevee:

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005398)
Wake me up when all this happens.

I don't want to miss it.

Sincerely Wickedson when talk of Missouri and A&M leaving the conference began.

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8005415)

Wickedson is home alone on Saturday night with nobody calling or texting but she is really happy with her situation.

KcMizzou 10-18-2011 09:43 PM

Missouri's just looking for attention. They need to feel important.

SPchief 10-18-2011 09:44 PM

paintienly waiting the it doesnt matter we're a basketball school post

Frazod 10-18-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8005415)

Well, if Wickedson keys my car, I'll egg her house.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:45 PM

lol, this is too fun.

really am gonna miss this

KcMizzou 10-18-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8005430)
Yet here you are posting about MU for the umpteenth time in this thread.

Your football program is a joke and will continue to be an embarrassment to whatever conference it ends up in. Don't worry, whatever team the Big 12 decides to invite to replace MU will still be beat your team every year just like all the other teams in the conference.

All time record in 3... 2...

SPchief 10-18-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8005436)

Don't forget the Orange Bowl man!

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8005430)
Yet here you are posting about MU for the umpteenth time in this thread.

Your football program is a joke and will continue to be an embarrassment to whatever conference it ends up in. Don't worry, whatever team the Big 12 decides to invite to replace MU will still be beat your team every year just like all the other teams in the conference.

And yet the all time KU-MU series sits at 55-55-9

A joke!

KcMizzou 10-18-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005433)
lol, this is too fun.

really am gonna miss this

You're gonna annoy the shit out of KSU fans.

Frazod 10-18-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8005438)
Don't forget the Orange Bowl man!

Backing into a BCS bowl is the greatest thing a team can accomplish! Didn't you know that?

SPchief 10-18-2011 09:49 PM

LMAO

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8005436)

I actually was gonna use "MU hasn't beat KU 3 times in a row in over 20 years"

but you beat me to it

Al Bundy 10-18-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8005442)

I am sure he already does.

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:49 PM

Kansas has been a complete non factor in any of these dealings because nobody cares about Kansas yet Wickedson has posted in this thread well over 300 times...only one person has posted in it more.

....but he doesn't care.

http://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gifhttp://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gif

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8005442)

KSU fans? Jayhawk fans don't like the guy.

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8005443)
Backing into a BCS bowl is the greatest thing a team can accomplish! Didn't you know that?

It's a fun trip.

I hope you get to experience it one day.

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:50 PM

"The idea is without Missouri the Big12 would need more than one replacement to bring value to its football contracts." http://bit.ly/qJlXmG

Bambi 10-18-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8005447)
Kansas has been a complete non factor in any of these dealings because nobody cares about Kansas yet Wickedson has posted in this thread well over 300 times...only one person has posted in it more.

....but he doesn't care.

http://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gifhttp://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gif

non factor is fine with me when the Big 12 has been so good to my school.

I don't know why I have to keep explaining that to you.

I really woulda thought you understood by now.

|Zach| 10-18-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8005452)
non factor is fine with me when the Big 12 has been so good to my school.

I don't know why I have to keep explaining that to you.

I really woulda thought you understood by now.

Tell me again how you don't care Mr. 326 posts.