ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Lonewolf Ed 11-07-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 11868014)
what did martin do? :shrug:

He celebrated a field goal, jumping up and down, and put himself on IR as a result. It's one of sport's biggest loser moments.

patteeu 11-07-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11868065)
He celebrated a field goal, jumping up and down, and put himself on IR as a result. It's one of sport's biggest loser moments.

And then there was Gus Frerotte, the Redskins QB who headbutted a wall and ended up having to go to the hospital.

Keep chugging along Viking warrior.

Buehler445 11-07-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11868065)

Oh yeah! ACL or something. That's ALMOST as embarrassing as his block when Romo fumbled the snap in the playoff game.

Lonewolf Ed 11-07-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 11868119)
And then there was Gus Frerotte, the Redskins QB who headbutted a wall and ended up having to go to the hospital.

Keep chugging along Viking warrior.

That made me laugh! Gus, Gus, Gus... what were you thinking, son?

Lonewolf Ed 11-10-2015 10:19 AM

I am going in for possible treatment today. Doc B sent me home last week since my white cell count was very low. I will have the blood draw first as usual, but no visit with the doc or the nurse practitioner, and go right up to the treatment room. Having this new schedule sucks since it means I will have treatment on the Tuesdays before Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, I pitched a stink over having to get the pump unhooked on Thanksgiving Day since I am the one who cooks the entire dinner. They relented and I will go in on Monday that week and have my pump unhooked on Wednesday instead.

If I don't have enough white cells today and have to skip the treatment again until next week, that might not be so bad since that would put me back on the original schedule. I will find out after 12:15 pm today.

threebag 11-10-2015 12:54 PM

You guys keep fighting your asses off. I lost my mom Sunday to lung cancer.

Lonewolf Ed 11-10-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 11874194)

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Cancer is just a hideous affliction. It's taken far too much from far too many.

New World Order 11-10-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear man. Prayers sent.

New World Order 11-10-2015 01:00 PM

Ed what is with the tags? I'm guessing your last name is Griswold?

srvy 11-10-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Prayers

Lonewolf Ed 11-10-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11874213)
Ed what is with the tags? I'm guessing your last name is Griswold?

Nope, not even close. I don't know what the tags are about; I didn't tag anything.

Lonewolf Ed 11-10-2015 03:18 PM

I am getting treatment as I type. My platelets are high enough at 128, but still low. The range is 150 to 400. Last week, I had a measly 83. I am lucky I didn't get sick. What sucks today is that I got started on the IV bags at 2 pm and it will take 4 hours or more. I am already starvin' and told my buddy Rod if he really cared, he'd schlepp a pizza over here for me.

Side note: the old man who just came out of the bathroom across the hall from me tore the hell out of it. Good God, I need more anti-nausea meds, stat! *urrrrfff* Cancel the pizza for now, Rod. Damn, that is just not natural. *gag*

New World Order 11-10-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11874570)
I am getting treatment as I type. My platelets are high enough at 128, but still low. The range is 150 to 400. Last week, I had a measly 83. I am lucky I didn't get sick. What sucks today is that I got started on the IV bags at 2 pm and it will take 4 hours or more. I am already starvin' and told my buddy Rod if he really cared, he'd schlepp a pizza over here for me.

Side note: the old man who just came out of the bathroom across the ahll from me tore the hell out of it. Good God, I need more anti-nausea meds, stat! *urrrrfff* Cancel the pizza for now, Rod. Damn, that is just not natural. *gag*

LMAO

threebag 11-10-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11874570)

Side note: the old man who just came out of the bathroom across the ahll from me tore the hell out of it. Good God, I need more anti-nausea meds, stat! *urrrrfff* Cancel the pizza for now, Rod. Damn, that is just not natural. *gag*

LoL, stay strong Ed don't breathe through your mouth.

Lonewolf Ed 11-10-2015 03:28 PM

I sicced a nurse on it and she had some spray. I walked down the hall with my IV tower and waited a while before coming back to my room. I was a bit wobbly on my feet, but I think the spray won the battle. My appetite took a huge hit but it will slink back eventually. I used to have colon cancer before they chopped it out of me, so I can sympathize to a point with that old dude, but at least my colon wasn't rotting!