ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto ***Official Car and Gearhead Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291377)

LiveSteam 04-14-2020 01:15 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_c_...w?usp=drivesdk

You wanna build this Lew Dog. Build it to your liking.
It belongs out in the AZ dessert.

Indian Chief 04-14-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14905451)
Car guys or ladies.

What's the reliability like of Jeep Wranglers, 2010 or newer? There's so many of them here and many with low mileage. The prices don't look horrible either, so what gives on that? It might be nice in AZ to have such a vehicle for some light off roading or just taking the sides down and cruising with a nice breeze.

Thanks
xoxo
Lewdog

Stay away from the 3.8, which was up to 2012 I believe. Go with the 3.6 Pentastar. Much better motor. Feel free to PM if you want to chat.

lewdog 04-14-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 14907366)
Feel free to PM if you want to chat.

Im not gay man!!!!!!!

LiveSteam 04-14-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 14906581)

lewdog 04-14-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 14906581)

Says I don't have access.

cooper barrett 04-14-2020 09:16 PM

I still want to lay out Jan from Toyota and verify that she is a squirter. Drive a Jeep on the streets? Not so much

LiveSteam 04-14-2020 09:55 PM

Grrr.

SuperChief 04-14-2020 10:19 PM

Lew, what's the deal with the Mustang and not liking it? I remember back a year or so ago in a Detailing thread (hell, maybe this thread) when you first got it and you were very excited.

SuperChief 04-14-2020 10:21 PM

I finally saved up enough and got into a car I had been eyeing for awhile now. It's a 2019 Dodge Charger SXT AWD. V6, black with dark gray striping on the hood, black interior. It's a beaut.

MIAdragon 04-15-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14907885)
Lew, what's the deal with the Mustang and not liking it? I remember back a year or so ago in a Detailing thread (hell, maybe this thread) when you first got it and you were very excited.

Dude that was YEARS ago and I bet he finally realized chrome wheels are best left in the HS parking lot.

MIAdragon 04-15-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14907888)
I finally saved up enough and got into a car I had been eyeing for awhile now. It's a 2019 Dodge Charger SXT AWD. V6, black with dark gray striping on the hood, black interior. It's a beaut.

Nice

lewdog 04-15-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14907885)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 14908086)
Dude that was YEARS ago and I bet he finally realized chrome wheels are best left in the HS parking lot.

I’ve owned the car 5 years now. She’s still fun. The wheels are still gay. I rarely drive it though and if I decided on getting a Jeep I’d probably sell it as I don’t need 4 cars for 2 drivers. Currently having 3 cars is enough. Just not sure I can let go of the Mustang though....

displacedinMN 04-15-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14908098)
I’ve owned the car 5 years now. She’s still fun. The wheels are still gay. I rarely drive it though and if I decided on getting a Jeep I’d probably sell it as I don’t need 4 cars for 2 drivers. Currently having 3 cars is enough. Just not sure I can let go of the Mustang though....

Wifes car
show car
everyday car

Yeah, that is enough. But you do need one that will carry a 2x4 or some sod.

I now own 4. It is a hassle.

SAUTO 04-15-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 14907366)
Stay away from the 3.8, which was up to 2012 I believe. Go with the 3.6 Pentastar. Much better motor. Feel free to PM if you want to chat.

didnt the 3.6 have head and timing chain issues?

Indian Chief 04-15-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14908146)
didnt the 3.6 have head and timing chain issues?

The head issue is a good point. I should amend my recommendation to avoid the early 3.6s, so 2012 & 2013 to be safe. After that they were fine. I've actually never heard of any widespread timing chain problems, or experienced it myself.

SuperChief 04-15-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 14908086)

You know, I think I even knew that. A year or so ago I started getting into cars/detailing more, and I went back through the WHOLE thread around that time :doh!:

Perineum Ripper 05-07-2020 01:51 PM

Anybody here have any knowledge about the newer Ford Expeditions? Momma wants a bigger SUV and it’s a toss up between the Expedition and Suburban. I know about the Suburban line but not much on newer Expedition

SAUTO 05-07-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14957665)
Anybody here have any knowledge about the newer Ford Expeditions? Momma wants a bigger SUV and it’s a toss up between the Expedition and Suburban. I know about the Suburban line but not much on newer Expedition

I might know a guy...

What year range ?

TrebMaxx 05-07-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14957665)

Before I buy a vehicle I like to read what owners have to say about them. Check this site out. https://www.expeditionforum.com/

stevieray 05-07-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14908098)

IIRC, didn't your FIL sell that to you at a really good price?

lewdog 05-07-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14958224)
IIRC, didn't your FIL sell that to you at a really good price?

Good Memory!

Yeah it was a fair price. It's got about $10k of modifications to it so you can hear she's not stock. Still very fun to drive and it's obviously in great shape. My 2 year old loves to hear it start and always talks about driving it. lol

Perineum Ripper 05-07-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14957988)
I might know a guy...

What year range ?

Probably 15 and newer, even though they cost too ****ing much.

Buehler445 05-07-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14958788)
Probably 15 and newer, even though they cost too ****ing much.

The good thing about ford is the problem is circled. :D

stevieray 05-07-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14958585)
Good Memory!

Yeah it was a fair price. It's got about $10k of modifications to it so you can hear she's not stock. Still very fun to drive and it's obviously in great shape. My 2 year old loves to hear it start and always talks about driving it. lol

so, it has a bit of sentimental value? I could relate.

I finally put dual exhaust on my elco, with a new rear upper and lower bushing kit and installed a rear sway bar.

Man, what a difference.

:rockon:

lewdog 05-08-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14958835)
so, it has a bit of sentimental value? I could relate.

I finally put dual exhaust on my elco, with a new rear upper and lower bushing kit and installed a rear sway bar.

Man, what a difference.

:rockon:

That car is pretty sweet. I remember some pictures of it awhile back.

Share another one when you get around to it. :thumb:

hometeam 05-09-2020 10:39 PM

So I have my Trans Am, methanol injected, big turbo, all that shit.

Me and the wife have been dailying a couple of Focus STs for about the last 2 years.

I got a wild hair on Wed and drove to Nashville on a whim and bought this~

https://scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram...cc&oe=5EE0E4AF

Of course the wife has decided her ST is no longer good enough and wants to get a blue one, so we will likely do that this week.

Anybody in the market for matching performance Blue his and hers Focus STs?

scho63 05-09-2020 11:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Question about custom paint jobs and body work:

PREFACE TO QUESTION:
I have an older 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS that I just love and paid only $2795 for it plus tax and dealer fees.

I've been sinking some money into it as I like no payments, the perfect interior with not a single cracked leather or split leather or cracked wood, plus the ride is great. EVERYTHING on it still works down to the fog lights and heated seats and it's got 159,XXX miles with a 32 valve Northstar engine.

Just had the A/C discharge hose done with a complete A/C system recharge that blows out ice cubes it's so cold, the expansion tank for my radiator, my tensioner and belt, front brakes and rotors, oil pressure sensor line and prior to purchase early last year the dealer had the torque converter replaced, coolant line replaced and transmission evaluated.

MY QUESTION:
I am really thinking about going all in and spending money to have the entire body worked on so every door ding, scratch and bumper scrap is gone. Additionally I want to CHANGE the color from a light tan/metallic to one in the green family, like a greenish gray that I had with my Jaguar.

How much are paint jobs these days along with body work prep?

There is no major body damage and probably around 12-15 dings. I don't want the cheapest and get shitty work but this ain't no 2020 Lamborghini either.

Any help appreciated.

Buehler445 05-09-2020 11:49 PM

It’s going to be high. Maybe worth more than the car.

scho63 05-09-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14962746)
It’s going to be high. Maybe worth more than the car.

That part I already realize......:LOL:

srvy 05-10-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14962714)

PREFACE TO QUESTION:
I have an older 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS that I just love and paid only $2795 for it plus tax and dealer fees.

I've been sinking some money into it as I like no payments, the perfect interior with not a single cracked leather or split leather or cracked wood, plus the ride is great. EVERYTHING on it still works down to the fog lights and heated seats and it's got 159,XXX miles with a 32 valve Northstar engine.

Just had the A/C discharge hose done with a complete A/C system recharge that blows out ice cubes it's so cold, the expansion tank for my radiator, my tensioner and belt, front brakes and rotors, oil pressure sensor line and prior to purchase early last year the dealer had the torque converter replaced, coolant line replaced and transmission evaluated.

MY QUESTION:
I am really thinking about going all in and spending money to have the entire body worked on so every door ding, scratch and bumper scrap is gone. Additionally I want to CHANGE the color from a light tan/metallic to one in the green family, like a greenish gray that I had with my Jaguar.

There is no major body damage and probably around 12-15 dings. I don't want the cheapest and get shitty work but this ain't no 2020 Lamborghini either.

Any help appreciated.

Earl Scheib 149.95

hometeam 05-10-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

PREFACE TO QUESTION:

MY QUESTION:

Any help appreciated.

You can get some guy to do it like shit in his garage for maybe 1500-2k. A real paintjob is 5-6k.

Forget it man.

Buehler445 05-10-2020 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14962749)
That part I already realize......:LOL:

Only thing to do is get bids.

Probably best to just keep working the guts. I’d be checking suspension and ignition components next. Be sure it’s got fresh fuel and air filters and run the girl.

If you want to shine it up a good coat of wax is your friend. If the headlights are cloudy there are some good restoration products out there.

I’d probably move a different direction than paint.

cooper barrett 05-10-2020 04:37 AM

Putting a spare Northstar in the carport for when it yanks the head bolts out would be very smart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14962778)
Only thing to do is get bids.

Probably best to just keep working the guts. I’d be checking suspension and ignition components next. Be sure it’s got fresh fuel and air filters and run the girl.

If you want to shine it up a good coat of wax is your friend. If the headlights are cloudy there are some good restoration products out there.

I’d probably move a different direction than paint.

lewdog 05-10-2020 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14962697)
So I have my Trans Am, methanol injected, big turbo, all that shit.

Me and the wife have been dailying a couple of Focus STs for about the last 2 years.

I got a wild hair on Wed and drove to Nashville on a whim and bought this~

https://scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram...cc&oe=5EE0E4AF

Of course the wife has decided her ST is no longer good enough and wants to get a blue one, so we will likely do that this week.

Anybody in the market for matching performance Blue his and hers Focus STs?

Man that’s ****ing awesome. Let us know how that treats you and full car pictures when you’re able.

Congrats.

MIAdragon 05-10-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

PREFACE TO QUESTION:

MY QUESTION:

Any help appreciated.

Jams and bay respray, you’re looking at an easy 10k. I can’t get anyone to shoot my 911 for under 10 and it’s not a color swap.

stevieray 05-10-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 14962955)
Jams and bay respray, you’re looking at an easy 10k. I can’t get anyone to shoot my 911 for under 10 and it’s not a color swap.

Paint has gotten expensive. Buddy of mine(long time body & paint) is convinced they are trying kill body shops. Said supplies are outrageous.

The Chroma base pearl paint for my Elco was 1k by itself.

Buehler445 05-10-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14962965)
Paint has gotten expensive. Buddy of mine(long time body & paint) is convinced they are trying kill body shops. Said supplies are outrageous.

The Chroma base pearl paint for my Elco was 1k by itself.

Yeah. Supplies have gotten high and the EPA has stuck their nose even in little shops. You can’t run cheap.

cooper barrett 05-10-2020 01:19 PM

Thereare great shops in the midwest who are not wanting your 16 YO daughter for a paint Job

Eveland Brothers,https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...px8wDXoECA4QCw

Gold Coast Auto Body have both painted cars for me for 5K -6K

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...px8wCnoECBEQCw

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 14962955)

IA_Chiefs_fan 05-10-2020 03:55 PM

A few months ago I started looking for an AWD passenger van to use as a Chiefs tailgater. I ended up driving to Wisconsin to pick up this 2014 Chevy Express van. It only had 26k on it so lots of life left. We've still got a lot to go but have a good start on the project. We're going for a Chiefs/A-Team theme.
Before you ask, the SS badging came on it and I'm removing it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f55e7c9c_c.jpgChiefs Tailgating van by Random Dude, on Flickr

Perineum Ripper 05-11-2020 08:00 AM

So Momma drive my mom’s Yukon yesterday. So I guess we are now going to get a Yukon on Suburban, the Expedition is completely out of the picture.

Sauto let me know when you open back up, my truck needs some new front end parts put on and I need another one if those burgers from the bar.

cooper barrett 05-11-2020 11:10 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/XY3hQtWZ/redz_rrear.pnghttps://i.postimg.cc/XY3hQtWZ/redz_rrear.png

painted where it sits at sunrise

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14963068)
Yeah. Supplies have gotten high and the EPA has stuck their nose even in little shops. You can’t run cheap.

FRCDFED 05-11-2020 12:33 PM

2018 Corvette ZO6 supercharged. Only 2600 miles. It's the 2LZ trim level with a few of the 3LZ trim options. Plus I've added a clear targa top.

ToxSocks 05-11-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

PREFACE TO QUESTION:

MY QUESTION:

Any help appreciated.

I wouldn't change the color of the car. The only way to do that right is to dismantle the car, take the doors off, fenders off, windows out, hood off, trunk lid off, remove all the rubber gaskets and seals etc, pull everything off the firewall, drop the engine etc.

Then strip it down, prime it and then paint it. You'll be $25K into that sort of project in no time.

And if you don't do it like that, in 1-2 years you'll be wishing you never changed the color. Rock chips, chips on the door, the elements, etc will cause the new paint to peel and chip off, revealing the original color underneath. You'll likely get over spray underneath the car and when the car gets on a lift, or if someone opens the hood etc it's going to be different colors. If the body shop didn't do a good job prepping the car, your new paint WILL start to flake off in a few years.

Keep the car its original color and yeah, expect to pay in the $4K-$6K range for a decent refreshed paint job.

If you got a hard-on for changing the color of the car, maybe consider a vinyl wrap.

lewdog 05-11-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14964826)
I wouldn't change the color of the car. The only way to do that right is to dismantle the car, take the doors off, fenders off, windows out, hood off, trunk lid off, remove all the rubber gaskets and seals etc, pull everything off the firewall, drop the engine etc.

Then strip it down, prime it and then paint it. You'll be $25K into that sort of project in no time.

And if you don't do it like that, in 1-2 years you'll be wishing you never changed the color. Rock chips, chips on the door, the elements, etc will cause the new paint to peel and chip off, revealing the original color underneath. You'll likely get over spray underneath the car and when the car gets on a lift, or if someone opens the hood etc it's going to be different colors. If the body shop didn't do a good job prepping the car, your new paint WILL start to flake off in a few years.

Keep the car its original color and yeah, expect to pay in the $4K-$6K range for a decent refreshed paint job.

If you got a hard-on for changing the color of the car, maybe consider a vinyl wrap.

Based on pricing shouldn’t he just be looking at a vinyl wrap anyway considering what a new paint job costs?

cooper barrett 05-11-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14964892)
Based on pricing shouldn’t he just be looking at a vinyl wrap anyway considering what a new paint job costs?

I love my wrap!

https://i.postimg.cc/NFz2gHZj/file018342.png

Yes it's a full wrap

displacedinMN 05-11-2020 04:49 PM

Guy in the neighborhood has a car with a chrome wrap.

It's cool. Said it was expensive.

cooper barrett 05-11-2020 05:03 PM

I did a carbon fiber wrap on a car (280Z) with clear coat cancer... came out great.

srvy 05-20-2020 02:53 PM

What is your opinion on Scotty Kilmer? His voice and hand gestures annoy me but was bored and started watching some of his channels. He has kinda grown on me. So 40 some years working out of trucks and Suburbans kinda find a lot of truth in this video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kxaw5NB9oQs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coach 05-20-2020 04:12 PM

Was just browsing around 2020 Chargers and was very disappointed that the R/T's does not have AWD.

I know the SXT and G/T does, but I'm not interested in those.

Bummer.

SAUTO 05-20-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 14981317)
Was just browsing around 2020 Chargers and was very disappointed that the R/T's does not have AWD.

I know the SXT and G/T does, but I'm not interested in those.

Bummer.

I've been looking at the hellcat chargers.

I think one is in my future. I'm going to have to go to four doors i think

Buehler445 05-20-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14981370)

No more Camaro?

Coach 05-20-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14981370)

Admittedly, I was also looking at those hellcats for either Charger or Challenger. But two big sticking points for me is the need for AWD, especially in winter season when snow is unpredictable, and the prohibitive cost of those vehicles.

I can make it work with a RWD, but it's a little more difficult to muster out of a packed/messy road, and I would probably have a better sense of security knowing that it was equipped with a AWD, that's all.

lewdog 05-20-2020 06:42 PM

I drove a RWD Mustang one Montana winter. For a visual of that driving experience I referred to that car as a “death sled.”

displacedinMN 05-20-2020 07:01 PM

I would not drive any of those in the winter.

hometeam 05-20-2020 08:12 PM

soooooo went and picked up another RS today.. This one original owner was Mat Farah of the smoking tire podcast and it was his personal car. Absolutely immaculate, and every part you need on it. Beautiful car.

I currently have two Focus RS, two Focus STs, my Trans Am, and a Harley sitting in the garage.

I think i might have a problem.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...42&oe=5EED6A20

lewdog 05-20-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14981680)
soooooo went and picked up another RS today.. This one original owner was Mat Farah of the smoking tire podcast and it was his personal car. Absolutely immaculate, and every part you need on it. Beautiful car.

I currently have two Focus RS, two Focus STs, my Trans Am, and a Harley sitting in the garage.

I think i might have a problem.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...42&oe=5EED6A20

Your income to debt ratio is probably terrible but that’s awesome on 2 RSs.

cooper barrett 05-20-2020 08:59 PM

any man with 4 Fords is certifiable even in MO

I miss my Focus SVT

hometeam 05-20-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14981701)
Your income to debt ratio is probably terrible but that’s awesome on 2 RSs.

I have 0 debt outside my cars. I own the TA and Harley, the two blue ones will be up for sale and gone. My DTI is like 11%.

As for Fords, I dont have a specific affinity for other Fords, if you ask me how to go fast im gonna tell you to throw a turbo LS at about anything.

That being said, STs are great cars, and these RS are next ****ing level drivers cars. Im so in love with em.

hometeam 05-20-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14981567)
I drove a RWD Mustang one Montana winter. For a visual of that driving experience I referred to that car as a “death sled.”

I sold a Mustang to a lady once who I still talk to from time to time, she was a teacher for the deaf and spent winters in Alaska on contract.

She put chains on that bitch and drove it all over Alaska for years~

cooper barrett 05-20-2020 09:58 PM

I was snowed in Jackson Hole in a 240Z, after a week I made a run for it, getting through the pass was a hair raising experience but the Z did well.

SAUTO 05-21-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14981497)
No more Camaro?

oh i've still got it, probably always will.

but my kid"s legs are getting long and they dont like to road trip it much anymore. they are finally in that stage where we can just take them most anywhere we go. truck isnt near as fun to drive lol.

SAUTO 05-21-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 14981545)
Admittedly, I was also looking at those hellcats for either Charger or Challenger. But two big sticking points for me is the need for AWD, especially in winter season when snow is unpredictable, and the prohibitive cost of those vehicles.

I can make it work with a RWD, but it's a little more difficult to muster out of a packed/messy road, and I would probably have a better sense of security knowing that it was equipped with a AWD, that's all.

ive got an ls3 camaro and i've driven it in everything and everywhere.

Buehler445 05-21-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14982071)
oh i've still got it, probably always will.

but my kid"s legs are getting long and they dont like to road trip it much anymore. they are finally in that stage where we can just take them most anywhere we go. truck isnt near as fun to drive lol.

That Yukon we bought with the 6.2 will shit and get. :D

I’m sure the newer motors are hotter yet.

One of my neighbors down south had some ridiculously souped up Grand Cherokee. My buddy change the oil in it and he said he accidentally barked the tires just moving it across the lot.

Buehler445 05-21-2020 10:09 AM

I’m not sure that’s not it.

https://cdn04.carsforsale.com/3/1030...1814034083.jpg

Buehler445 05-21-2020 10:16 AM

I don’t think that’s it. It only (LOL) has a 6.4L. I’m pretty sure the one I’m thinking of had twin turbos or something.

SAUTO 05-21-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14982223)
That Yukon we bought with the 6.2 will shit and get. :D

I’m sure the newer motors are hotter yet.

One of my neighbors down south had some ridiculously souped up Grand Cherokee. My buddy change the oil in it and he said he accidentally barked the tires just moving it across the lot.

oh my truck will roll right out, but its not the same LMAO.

only thing i dont like about the chargers is they are auto cars.

Buehler445 05-21-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14982235)

It’s not the same but it’s a viable substitute.

You might at least take a gander at some of those hopped up Grand Cherokees. I don’t know anything about them but it looks like they made a concerted effort to make race cars out of them

Coach 05-21-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14981567)

Yeah, I have driven RWD on winter season, and while it can work, it's just unnerving at times, especially if it gets slick.

I'd feel better on a AWD than RWD, from my own opinion/experiences.

Coach 05-21-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14982235)

Eh, I had my charger for 7 years and 3 months. Best decision I ever made. Only had one issue of the water pump blowing out, other than that, nothing else went sideways.

BigBeauford 06-17-2020 09:53 PM

Anyone have any opinions on the new Jetta GLIs?

eDave 06-17-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15025591)
Anyone have any opinions on the new Jetta GLIs?

I like it but it doesn't really distinguish itself. But a hell of a lot better than the Subaru in that class. Which is a shame and Subaru's don't seem to get the love they deserve.

BigBeauford 06-17-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15025595)
I like it but it doesn't really distinguish itself.

https://vehicle-photos-published.vau...fb/image-1.jpg

I think it should age nicely. Have been hearing great things about how they drive

eDave 06-17-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15025599)

I think it should age nicely. Have been hearing great things about how they drive

I looked further as I am in the market for a new ride myself. This, to me, is the best choice in the class. Car and Driver loves it.

VW's can be quite quirky, require A.D.D. level care, and provide less value.

BigBeauford 06-17-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15025600)
I looked further as I am in the market for a new ride myself. This, to me, is the best choice in the class. Car and Driver loves it. VW's can be quite quirky.

Definitely check out The Redline Review of it on YouTube. That guy is thorough with his car reviews.

eDave 06-17-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15025604)
Definitely check out The Redline Review of it on YouTube. That guy is thorough with his car reviews.

Na. That size class is for girls.

cooper barrett 06-17-2020 10:37 PM

VW's suck when it comes to resale value.

I see you in a Chrysler 200 I know,even FIAT thought it was a POS and removed it from the line up and didn't replace it.
But it would fit you perfectly.

Even a 3 year old 200 looks better than the VW
https://cars.usnews.com/static/image...gularfront.jpg

BigBeauford 06-18-2020 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 15025612)
VW's suck when it comes to resale value.

I see you in a Chrysler 200 I know,even FIAT thought it was a POS and removed it from the line up and didn't replace it.
But it would fit you perfectly.

Even a 3 year old 200 looks better than the VW
https://cars.usnews.com/static/image...gularfront.jpg

Chrysler vehicles might be the worst on the planet. So no.

eDave 06-18-2020 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15025770)
Chrysler vehicles might be the worst on the planet. So no.

I think Cooper thinks your are a shit person so you would prefer a shit car. I don't support that. I may be wrong but I've never found him to be a nice person.

hometeam 06-18-2020 06:12 AM

chrysler 200s, and all VWs are complete junk. Stay away

lewdog 06-18-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 15025777)
chrysler 200s, and all VWs are complete junk. Stay away

This. Hometeam is right.

Plus, total chick car.