ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   WTF is with Mahomes? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340319)

CoMoChief 10-17-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 15900880)
Who ****ing cares. It is grass and paint. To act as if this patch of painted grass is really something sacred in life. ROFL

Same people that care about this 10x10 patch of grass and paint are the same kind of **** sticks that will want to fight you in the stands.

The imagery looks bad until you know the whole picture. People like to jump to conclusions on the internet. We all are guilty of that.

If that was a designated place for the memorial, thus blocked off from people walking on it, and if Jackson Mahomes were to cross the barrier and walk on it while doing his gay tik tok shit, then I think WAS fans have a right to be upset.

However that doesn't appear to be the case, in fact just opposite, they were told to stand in that dedicated area as you can see others were standing in there too. Why? who knows, Redskins are a poorly ran football club from top to bottom and the entire thing was weird to begin with.

I mean, if Jackson were to act like an adult, not prance n dance and shoot tik toks all the time and draw attention to himself, he wouldn't stand out or be noticed and we're probably not talking about this right now.

But that's what he does for a living....be noticed. So he's going to act like a 5yr old and post it on the internet. You do you, Jackson.

Abba-Dabba 10-17-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15900899)
The imagery looks bad until you know the whole picture. People like to jump to conclusions on the internet. We all are guilty of that.

If that was a designated place for the memorial, thus blocked off from people walking on it, and if Jackson Mahomes were to cross the barrier and walk on it while doing his gay tik tok shit, then I think WAS fans have a right to be upset.

However that doesn't appear to be the case, in fact just opposite, they were told to stand in that dedicated area as you can see others were standing in there too. Why? who knows, Redskins are a poorly ran football club from top to bottom and the entire thing was weird to begin with.

I mean, if Jackson were to act like an adult, not prance n dance and shoot tik toks all the time and draw attention to himself, he wouldn't stand out or be noticed and we're probably not talking about this right now.

But that's what he does for a living....be noticed. So he's going to act like a 5yr old and post it on the internet. You do you, Jackson.

who ****ing cares

FloridaMan88 10-18-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15900831)
Jackson Mahomes needs to be castrated…. he literally TikTok danced on Sean Taylor’s 21

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I want to sincerely apologize for accidentally being on the Sean Taylor #21 at FedEx Field. We were directed to stand in that area and I meant absolutely no disrespect to him or his family.</p>&mdash; Jackson Mahomes (@jacksonmahomes) <a href="https://twitter.com/jacksonmahomes/status/1449908891647623168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Blame the shitfest Redskins franchise for reserving a small area directly on the #21 emblem for people to stand on.

The same Deadskins franchise that decided to "honor"/retire Sean Taylor's # with about five minutes notice to distract from Bruce Allen's e-mails/their workplace culture investigation... Sean Taylor was killed 14 years ago and they just "coincidentally" decided this week to retire his #.

Demonpenz 10-18-2021 12:15 AM

Mahomes runs and slides and runs for critical first downs really well.

carcosa 10-18-2021 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15900915)

YES!!!!

YayMike 10-18-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

This is when he is at his best. He hasn't done this the last few games because i believe his confidence was shaken. When he's releaxed, like in that second half, he sees the field SOOOOOO much better. He read man on 2 of those plays immediately and took off. He's still the best QB in the league guys....just a rough few weeks. He needs to settle down.

That being said.....someone other than Tyreek and Kelce needs to get the F open!!!!!!!!!

chiefzilla1501 10-18-2021 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 15900951)
This is when he is at his best. He hasn't done this the last few games because i believe his confidence was shaken. When he's releaxed, like in that second half, he sees the field SOOOOOO much better. He read man on 2 of those plays immediately and took off. He's still the best QB in the league guys....just a rough few weeks. He needs to settle down.

That being said.....someone other than Tyreek and Kelce needs to get the F open!!!!!!!!!

Can someone explain why Josh Gordon isn't getting more involved? I just don't get it. I know we were moving the ball in the second half but we need a third option and our other guys are proving way too unreliable. Only 9 snaps while our other WRs continue to have issues?

Chris Meck 10-18-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15900967)
Can someone explain why Josh Gordon isn't getting more involved? I just don't get it. I know we were moving the ball in the second half but we need a third option and our other guys are proving way too unreliable. Only 9 snaps while our other WRs continue to have issues?

Because this isn't Madden football. Reid's offense is notoriously complicated with multiple reads every play requiring the WR and QB to make the same read and then for the WR to make the correct route adjustment on the fly. It's why Mecole often looks clueless too.

Gordon is working into the offense, but this was always how it was going to go. He'll get a little more on his plate every week, but he was never just going to show up in the first few games and set the world on fire.

YayMike 10-18-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Only thing i can think of.. is he isn't up to speed on the playbook. He appeared to be in on mostly run plays because he is a really good blocker... except the time he didn't block for Tyreek on the WR Screen...

ChiTown 10-18-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15898855)
Why don’t you do us all a favor and use a lit stick of dynamite as a dildo?

Come on, Man! You know that move was specially designed for Billay…..

YayMike 10-18-2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15900968)
Because this isn't Madden football. Reid's offense is notoriously complicated with multiple reads every play requiring the WR and QB to make the same read and then for the WR to make the correct route adjustment on the fly. It's why Mecole often looks clueless too.

Gordon is working into the offense, but this was always how it was going to go. He'll get a little more on his plate every week, but he was never just going to show up in the first few games and set the world on fire.

Exactly.

Also, i'm glad Reid 'benched' Hill for a few drives after his DROP for the INT. It was the first time I saw some sort of accountability after a mistake. Did anyone notice if Hardman got benched for a bit after his fumble? I haven't re-watched the game yet.

Best22 10-18-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 15900980)
Exactly.

Also, i'm glad Reid 'benched' Hill for a few drives after his DROP for the INT. It was the first time I saw some sort of accountability after a mistake. Did anyone notice if Hardman got benched for a bit after his fumble? I haven't re-watched the game yet.

Hill got “benched” because of his injury. That’s why he was in the locker room. He slipped twice most likely due to injury

Marcellus 10-18-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 15901026)
Hill got “benched” because of his injury. That’s why he was in the locker room. He slipped twice most likely due to injury

Pretty clear that when he came back he was healthy enough to be playing. He was definitely sent a message in the first half regardless of what the media said the reasons were for Hill not being on the field.

You could tell by the way he acted once he got back on the field and his TD celebration.

Marcellus 10-18-2021 08:20 AM

Man we all say dumb shit on CP but Pete doubles down on stupid when it comes to football talk like very few posters.

LMAO

chiefzilla1501 10-18-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15900968)

I don't expect him to set the world on fire. There are simple ways to get him involved. It may take longer to incorporate him but Reid is also notoriously slow for introducing new WRs in his offense. Keep in mind Gordon excelled in Brad Childress' offense as a rookie. Way better than some of our receivers after several years in the offense.

I get it if we want to be careful with continuity. But we're talking about receivers game after game making very costly mistakes and being mostly ineffective past the line of scrimmage. Is Gordon that far behind that he can't pass that bar?

comochiefsfan 10-18-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Andy is loyal to his guys.

There's zero chance Gordon isn't better than Robinson or Pringle. But this is the same coach that had to wait until Daniel Sorensen was literally the worst defender in the league before benching him.

rabblerouser 10-18-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

I read that he's actually leading the league in YPC avg.

Molitoth 10-18-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15901030)
Man we all say dumb shit on CP but Pete doubles down on stupid when it comes to football talk like very few posters.

LMAO

Right?

I say stupid reactionary shit all the time in the Gameday chat...
"**** THIS ****ING TEAM" happens a lot. o:-)
but what happens there stays there and all is forgotten/forgiven.

To come here and say really stupid shit and dig your heals in is a little cray cray.

WilliamTheIrish 10-18-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15901030)

LMAO

Pete doesn't double down. He actually believes this tripe. When challenged in this thread to provide anything to prove PM II was full of himself, Petra began lashing out by saying

Oh yea!??? So you thought we would win by three scores you mouthbreather!

When you challenge Ree xrunn, as Pete is doing in this thread, for the title of trying to the most over emotional, edgy, chic on the board, you're just not understanding what you're watching.

O.city 10-18-2021 09:31 AM

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that when they stopped turning it over and doing dumb shit they looked like the elite all around football team we all thought they were.

petegz28 10-24-2021 12:21 PM

:popcorn:

chiefzilla1501 10-24-2021 12:32 PM

Enjoy the spotlight now. Takes balls to double down on this nonsense.

stumppy 10-24-2021 12:36 PM

QBR 27.8 for the first half. I don;t even know what to think about that.

petegz28 10-24-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15910638)
Enjoy the spotlight now. Takes balls to double down on this nonsense.

Dude has single handedly killed back-back drives with turnovers. He has 6 straight games with an INT. He is not right, for whatever reason. Regression to the mean, new Dad, coaching issues, who knows but the dude just is not what we are used to seeing.

493rd 10-24-2021 12:39 PM

Perhaps this is result of being anointed as the greatest QB in NFL history after 20 starts. And his crazy wife. And idiotic brother. Thanks for the SB Pat, but you need lots of help right now and clearly aren’t as great as we all thought.

Valiant 10-24-2021 12:39 PM

There are lots of problems on this team starting with Reid. This team plays slow and soft.

He doesn't hold coaches accountable, nor certain players. Eric and spags need fired.
Our defense has a lack of talent problem and we overpaid for some of it in this schemes. Spags does not adjust.
Same with Eric, why do we try for so many deep developing plays? Is it Eric, Andy or Patrick calling for these.

Our defense is so bad Patrick tries to score on every play and then multiplies the problems with the dumb mistakes. It is okay to just pick up a first down. Quit throwing into tight coverage. Quit with the throws deep to no one when getting sacked.

Chris Jones needs moved back to his original position.
Hitchens needs gone.
Clark needs gone.
Honey badger needs to not be resigned.
Both coordinators need released.

493rd 10-24-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 15910708)
There are lots of problems on this team starting with Reid.

He doesn't hold coaches accountable, nor certain players. Eric and spags need fired.
Our defense has a lack of talent problem and we overpaid for some of it in this schemes. Spags does not adjust.
Same with Eric, why do we try for so many deep developing plays? Is it Eric, Andy or Patrick calling for these.

Our defense is so bad Patrick tries to score on every play and then multiplies the problems with the dumb mistakes. It is okay to just pick up a first down. Quit throwing into tight coverage. Quit with the throws deep to no one when getting sacked.

Chris Jones needs moved back to his original position.
Hitchens needs gone.
Clark needs gone.
Honey badger needs to not be resigned.
Both coordinators need released.

This sounds about right.

TomBarndtsTwin 10-24-2021 12:41 PM

Mahomes is allowed to struggle. He’s been carrying this team since 2018. Dude needs a break.

He gets a mulligan. Most of the rest of this team can go **** themselves. Getting tired of so many others not pulling their weight.

Would be nice if SOMEONE could carry the torch for Pat for a bit, while he works through some struggles. Goodness knows he’s done it for this team for long enough . . . . .

carcosa 10-24-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 15910705)
Perhaps this is result of being anointed as the greatest QB in NFL history after 20 starts. And his crazy wife. And idiotic brother. Thanks for the SB Pat, but you need lots of help right now and clearly aren’t as great as we all thought.

No.

He's literally the best QB in NFL history after the first ~50 starts by virtually every measure.

This team has imploded, and Mahomes holds his share of the blame. But he's already a first ballot HOF lock and that's not at all an exaggeration. He's why we can hope for a fast turnaround even with so much going wrong. People like you simply don't deserve him.

petegz28 10-24-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15910730)
Mahomes is allowed to struggle. He’s been carrying this team since 2018. Dude needs a break.

He gets a mulligan. Most of the rest of this team can go **** themselves. Getting tired of so many others not pulling their weight.

Would be nice if SOMEONE could carry the torch for Pat for a bit, while he works through some struggles. Goodness knows he’s done it for this team for long enough . . . . .

I agree but in the Fire Spags thread there's a lot of blaming the O for the bad D.

493rd 10-24-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15910759)
No.

He's literally the best QB in NFL history after the first ~50 starts by virtually every measure.

This team has imploded, and Mahomes holds his share of the blame. But he's already a first ballot HOF lock and that's not at all an exaggeration. He's why we can hope for a fast turnaround even with so much going wrong. People like you simply don't deserve him.

People like me? You mean 30 year fans who’ve witnessed Chiefs QB ineptitude for the vast majority of my fandom? Like that? It’s not an indictment on Mahomes ability, or his previous greatness. The two are undeniable. I’m pointing out that Mahomes is still young, has a shit ton on his shoulders outside of football to live up to, and has been set up to fail with the Chiefs brass thinking this defense was up to task. I’m also pointing out that the league has in at least a few regards caught up to Andy and the Mahomes-led offense. Everything changed last year when the blueprint on how to beat this team went out for the entire league. Since week 14 of 2020, Mahomes leads the league in interceptions and it’s no coincidence. The struggle is real and I think what we’re seeing now from Mahomes is indicative of his play reverting to the mean. His trajectory was never sustainable.

carcosa 10-24-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 15910908)
People like me? You mean 30 year fans who’ve witnessed Chiefs QB ineptitude for the vast majority of my fandom?

I mean massive dipshits who whine constantly

Chitownchiefsfan 10-24-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15910822)
I agree but in the Fire Spags thread there's a lot of blaming the O for the bad D.

I mean the offense isn't doing much to help the defense out, but the offense didn't give up a 97 yard touch down drive that had multiple 3rd down situations.

Brochief 10-24-2021 01:05 PM

I always said she would be his downfall along with his crazy brother

493rd 10-24-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15910916)
I mean massive dipshits who whine constantly

Well that suggests that you pay attention to all of my whining, which means you must have lots of good examples. No need to turn on one another because of a football game. R-E-L-A-X

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2021 01:07 PM

16 picks in 16 games. Around 20 turnovers in that time....something is wrong

Red Dawg 10-24-2021 01:14 PM

Must be something in his personal life.

thebrad84 10-24-2021 01:48 PM

Dude should not have had a kid when he did.. it was incredibly selfish of him. He needed to wait until after year 15 or roughly 10 Superbowl wins, then he could have blown as many loads as he wants in to Brittany's baby chute for all I care.

King_Chief_Fan 10-24-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15911093)
Must be something in his personal life.

his baby momma and little brother are a distraction for sure

King_Chief_Fan 10-24-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan (Post 15910929)
I mean the offense isn't doing much to help the defense out, but the offense didn't give up a 97 yard touch down drive that had multiple 3rd down situations.

wait.. I thought Chiefs were all world on offense.
they couldn't score on a defense that was on par to Chiefs defense.
Offense gets a least pass than the d
We knew the d was going to suck

Bugeater 10-24-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebrad84 (Post 15911552)
Dude should not have had a kid when he did.. it was incredibly selfish of him. He needed to wait until after year 15 or roughly 10 Superbowl wins, then he could have blown as many loads as he wants in to Brittany's baby chute for all I care.

Holy shit. You are an embarrassment to the coveted Chiefsplanet Class of Sept 2005.

comochiefsfan 10-24-2021 02:17 PM

His swagger is completely gone.

The effortlessness he played with the last three years no longer there.

The fiery side line speeches and emotion on the field. Completely muted.

He looks like a deer in the headlights right now. Don't know what happened but this isn't the Patrick Mahomes that I remember.

DrunkBassGuitar 10-24-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Mahomes should have asked chiefsplanet posters if they were okay with him starting a family

TLO 10-24-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Wow...

bobbything 10-24-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15911813)
His swagger is completely gone.

The effortlessness he played with the last three years no longer there.

The fiery side line speeches and emotion on the field. Completely muted.

He looks like a deer in the headlights right now. Don't know what happened but this isn't the Patrick Mahomes that I remember.

My conspiracy theory is that he has been coached to be more like Alex Smith. This year I have seen more throw-always and balls at the feet of receivers since 2017. He’s “evolving” and becoming safer. And I hate it. Maybe defenses are playing us better, maybe guys aren’t getting open, but he bails far faster this year than I have ever seen, and I think it’s coaching.

Mennonite 10-24-2021 02:25 PM

Thebrad84 getting ready to mail the Mahomes family some complimentary season passes to The Haunted Mine Drop.

Calcountry 10-24-2021 02:25 PM

Its ok, they suck now. I’m very used to the Chiefs sucking. Most of my life they sucked. it is very easy to recognize and after two games this season it was obvious to me that they were not the same team remotely. Not my job to figure it out. thank you very much for crossing something off my bucket list before I die though, still enjoy the Super Bowl.

Coochie liquor 10-24-2021 02:52 PM

It seems strange that we see almost every other team across the league getting guys open, like wide open on so many plays. That used to be us, and now we’re relegated to dink and dunk with all the weapons we have? OL got abused today, Pat had no time. Where’s our high powered offense?

King_Chief_Fan 10-24-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcountry (Post 15911867)
Its ok, they suck now. I’m very used to the Chiefs sucking. Most of my life they sucked. it is very easy to recognize and after two games this season it was obvious to me that they were not the same team remotely. Not my job to figure it out. thank you very much for crossing something off my bucket list before I die though, still enjoy the Super Bowl.

I got to see 3 Chiefs SB....2 wins 50 years apart.
in another 50 ...well, I won't be here to see it

CasselGotPeedOn 10-24-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 15912011)
I got to see 3 Chiefs SB....2 wins 50 years apart.
in another 50 ...well, I won't be here to see it

Can't come soon enough...

thechiefsrback 10-24-2021 03:03 PM

tom brady destroying another franchise. that's 4 franchises that have done absolutely nothing since losing to tom brady in the superbowl.

Molitoth 10-24-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechiefsrback (Post 15912038)
tom brady destroying another franchise. that's 4 franchises that have done absolutely nothing since losing to tom brady in the superbowl.

You are just ****ing worthless. Can someone ban this turd?

GloryDayz 10-24-2021 04:51 PM

UGH!!! I was at the lake teaching all day, what happened?

Bugeater 10-24-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 15912084)
You are just ****ing worthless. Can someone ban this turd?

After a cursory glance at his posting history...why yes I think I will.

CoMoChief 10-24-2021 05:50 PM

Teams dont respect the Chiefs running game.

They respected it when Kareem Hunt was here.

petegz28 10-24-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15912453)

You have to run the ball more than 10 times a game to get teams to respect a running game.

Mecca 10-24-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15912460)
You have to run the ball more than 10 times a game to get teams to respect a running game.

It's also because a big run for us is 15 yards.

493rd 10-24-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15912453)

This.

Priest31kc 10-24-2021 06:12 PM

Tweet from John Kosko of PFF:

Mahomes:
In 2018-2019, he was elite in all 6 stable metrics and 4 of the 5 unstable metrics.

In 2020 things started slipping as he ranked elite in just 2 of the 6 stable metrics but still held strong in 4 of the 5 unstable metrics.

In 2021, he isn't elite in a single metric.

-King- 10-24-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 15912480)

Mahomes:
In 2018-2019, he was elite in all 6 stable metrics and 4 of the 5 unstable metrics.

In 2020 things started slipping as he ranked elite in just 2 of the 6 stable metrics but still held strong in 4 of the 5 unstable metrics.

Wtf is a stable metric?

comochiefsfan 10-24-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Mahomes:

Sounds about right unfortunately.

GloryDayz 10-24-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Mahomes:

That doesn't explain what happened? "What happened" is still a mystery...

louie aguiar 10-24-2021 06:33 PM

I thought he figured something out in the second half against WFT. Today was the worst game of Mahomes career. He’s become a turnover machine.

thebrad84 10-24-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15911795)
Holy shit. You are an embarrassment to the coveted Chiefsplanet Class of Sept 2005.

Well, yes I am, but I was mostly kidding so there's that..

thebrad84 10-24-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15911864)
Thebrad84 getting ready to mail the Mahomes family some complimentary season passes to The Haunted Mine Drop.

LMAO

BigChiefFan 10-24-2021 06:56 PM

New O-Line-The Development is going to take longer than 7 games
No Weapons outside of Kelce and Hill
Sub-Par Running Game
Britt Reid Situation-I’m sure that’s on Andy’s mind and possibly distracting his focus.

Megatron96 10-24-2021 06:57 PM

What happened is Mahomes is trying to do his best imitation of 2020 Carson Wentz. Turning the ball over at an historic rate to this point. Needs to pull his head out of his ass yesterday.

dirk digler 10-24-2021 07:01 PM

Pressing to much

Quote:

When the Chiefs began their second possession, the scoreboard showed that they trailed the Titans by 14 points. Mahomes acknowledged that he was impacted by such a daunting deficit despite having 45 minutes left in the game. Feeling the pressure, both from within himself and the Titans’ pass rush, Mahomes was sacked four times.

“I’ve just got to be better early in the game so we don’t get behind like we did,” Mahomes said. He added of the Titans’ defense: “They played the same coverages that they played (last week) against the (Buffalo) Bills. I didn’t execute. There were open guys you could see on the tablet (afterward). There’s pockets that were clean that I scrambled from. I have to be better.”

Calcountry 10-24-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 15912031)
Can't come soon enough...

I only got to see one but after 50 years of waiting I’ll be damned if I’m gonna give a shit the rest of my days when they can’t figure it out

petegz28 10-24-2021 07:31 PM

It would be nice if his girlfriend would grow up along with his brother.

comochiefsfan 10-24-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15912579)
Pressing to much

Those quotes scare me.

His confidence is rattled and that's not something that's easy to shake off.

It will be unforgivable if the Chiefs break this quarterback.

Tribal Warfare 10-24-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 15912567)
New O-Line-The Development is going to take longer than 7 games
No Weapons outside of Kelce and Hill
Sub-Par Running Game
Britt Reid Situation-I’m sure that’s on Andy’s mind and possibly distracting his focus.

Add Jackson Mahomes being a punk bitch too

lcarus 10-24-2021 07:53 PM

You can't really say his woman or his brother are distractions. They've been with him every step of the way as he became the #1 player in the NFL. But he has a bad game or two and now they're somehow a distraction? Yeah...not buying that one. Maybe being a new father has been more challenging than he expected but still doubt that has anything to do with anything.

I think it's more that A) his defense is dog shit awful and B) his offensive line is letting 3 and 4 man rushes through all the time and C) his receivers are letting the football bounce off their hands into the defense's hands and fumbling every other play and D) the playcalling hasn't been very good either

wachashi 10-24-2021 08:02 PM

He and the coaches need to work on the quick passing game, especially in these games where our offensive line can’t pass block consistently. It’s coaching, it’s game planning, but Mahomes needs to improve in that area for sure. You don’t need All World tackles if the quick game is well-timed and reliable. I think Mahomes has always been so deadly on the deep and intermediate throws, it just goes against his nature to look short first.

RocKhawks 10-24-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 15912712)
He and the coaches need to work on the quick passing game, especially in these games where our offensive line can’t pass block consistently. It’s coaching, it’s game planning, but Mahomes needs to improve in that area for sure. You don’t need All World tackles if the quick game is well-timed and reliable. I think Mahomes has always been so deadly on the deep and intermediate throws, it just goes against his nature to look short first.

I agree with this. God help me for saying this, but go back to some WR bubble screens. WR jet sweeps, quick slants, make the defense play up, then play long ball.

Raiderhater 10-24-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15912699)
You can't really say his woman or his brother are distractions. They've been with him every step of the way as he became the #1 player in the NFL. But he has a bad game or two and now they're somehow a distraction? Yeah...not buying that one. Maybe being a new father has been more challenging than he expected but still doubt that has anything to do with anything.

I think it's more that A) his defense is dog shit awful and B) his offensive line is letting 3 and 4 man rushes through all the time and C) his receivers are letting the football bounce off their hands into the defense's hands and fumbling every other play and D) the playcalling hasn't been very good either

Quit talking sense, this is the meltdown forum, damnit.

BryanBusby 10-24-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 15912712)

Look out. Got ****ing torched by stat humpers by saying this 2 weeks ago.

Tribal Warfare 10-24-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15912699)

Yes, you can Jackson has become a PR liability, and Britney has gotten better, but fatherhood could've taken his eye off of the prize. If you believe Mahomes is the problem, IMO it's due to the piss poor play out of the Tackles.

PAChiefsGuy 10-24-2021 08:28 PM

He looks awful out there. Our lack of production on offense this game was totally on him. Guys were open he was simply inaccurate. Very unlike him. I hope he bounces back next game because we need him w this shitty D of ours.

wachashi 10-24-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 15912726)
Look out. Got ****ing torched by stat humpers by saying this 2 weeks ago.

I’d love to hear what the count argument is. If you’re not able to consistently pass block for longer developing routes, you’ve got to try something else. Teams are daring Mahomes and this offense to be patient and in this game, he played right into their hands by holding onto the ball when the protection just wasn’t there. The defense magnified the problem by not getting a single stop in the first half. I’m sure that makes it really difficult to stay patient.