ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poop Robert Pattinson... is Batman. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322984)

sully1983 03-05-2022 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16175165)
Well, that ****ing rocked. Loved it. A nice combination of the basic elements of Batman with a little Seven and Fight Club thrown in. And what I really liked was what WASN'T in it. No super powers. No gods. No aliens. No spaceships. No magic. No mutants. And no ridiculously labyrinthian Nolan plot. The bad guys were just.... bad guys. After two decades of all the overwrought Marvel/Justice League crap, I found it to be completely refreshing.

Pattinson was rock solid as Batman. And the new Batmobile is awesome.

Looking forward to the next one already.

**** yeah man! Glad I'm not the only one that thought The Batman was a breath of fresh air.

I remember how goofy and stupid Batfleck vs Superman was (especially the laughably stupid montage of Batfleck dong push ups and lifting weights preparing to fight Superman ROFLROFL just so ****ing stupid)

Matt Reeves knocked it out of the park and I can't believe this awesomely justifiably dark/bleak/gritty movie could get a PG 13 rating. As you mentioned, it had elements of Se7en, Zodiac and hell even Saw in it. The opening scene completely threw me off guard (in a great way) and was so brilliantly well done.

sully1983 03-05-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 16174963)
This one I'll wait until it hits HBO Max to see it.

You would be making a big mistake to not experience this in theaters on the largest screen possible with booming theater speakers. The Batman theme in this gave me goosebumps whenever it was used.

also imo The Batman takes a gigantic shit all over the entire MCU.

I remember seeing the trailer for the Doctor Strange sequel and how goofy and silly it looked. fighting a giant cgi star fish. LMAO **** all that shit. The MCU is loaded with A list actors/actresses and they have yet to deliver any award worthy type of performance out of any of them. All the performances in MCU movies are all generic and feel so forced.

Spoilers for The Batman
Spoiler!

I'm also so relieved that Matt Reeves has zero plans on having Batman team up with other super heroes (like how he did in the awful failed flop Justice League ) I don't want to see Batman teaming up with Aquabro or that little twink looking Flash pussy. No thank you.

Also major kudos to Zoe Kravitz performance as Selina Kyle in this. She has been impressing me as of late (she was good in Big Little Lies and that new HBO movie called Kimi) She was fierce / strong willed all while being vulnerable at the same time. SO much better than Anne Hathaway's annoying try hard performance in The Dark Knight Rises .

Gravedigger 03-05-2022 10:39 AM

Another thing I forgot to mention was when he fired up the Batmobile for the first time, that entire scene was just amazing. The sound of the engines revving up, the blue flames, the look on character's faces. gave me chills. I really loved the car chase scene between Penguin and Batman, just really well done.

Frazod 03-05-2022 12:30 PM

That car was so badass. It was like the undead wraith version of the V8 Interceptor from Mad Max.

Frazod 03-05-2022 12:42 PM

One other thing I will mention - this is definitely not another origin story. Again, kind of refreshing. That's already been done to death. Everybody knows by now who Batman is and how and why he does what he does. The movie skims the surface of that somewhat, but just barely. Plus, it would have probably added at least another half hour to a movie that's already pretty long.

Batman is established. People know who he is. The signal is in place.

Sassy Squatch 03-05-2022 02:35 PM

Can't overstate how much I enjoyed the fact that they managed to portray a realistic "rookie" Batman. He ****s up, multiple times, but it never feels forced for the sake of the plot or takes away from his badassery.

Tribal Warfare 03-05-2022 02:56 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k-pqU_1Ipp4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Patinson voice over was the only cringeworthy facet of the movie. It reminded me of South Park's Cartman as the Coon

Frazod 03-05-2022 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16176234)
Can't overstate how much I enjoyed the fact that they managed to portray a realistic "rookie" Batman. He ****s up, multiple times, but it never feels forced for the sake of the plot or takes away from his badassery.

Very much so. When Bale was driving the Tumbler over rooftops, he had the same permascowl on his face that he always did. When Pattinson was driving through traffic with all the shit going on around him, he looked like he was going to piss himself. LMAO

Urc Burry 03-05-2022 10:39 PM

Blew away my medium expectations.. won’t put it over TDK after one watch. But it might get there for me. Easily above the other 2.

Gotham was dark and beautiful

Casting was on point.. up until the last cameo…. Trying not to judge off a minute clip, but didn’t feel right

The Emo Bruce worked for this one, but hoping to see a lighter side in the future

Barret 03-06-2022 01:29 AM

I just got back from seeing it. Really enjoyed it. They certainly went more "Detective" Batman and not super hero swing in from everywhere Batman. Do not get that 44 oz of soda if you have a small bladder. just saying.

One of the visuals that impressed me was when he had the Flare and was helping people out of the wreckage. Then he is walking them out and it is an over head shot of him "leading Gotham out of the darkness" So many other shots as well.

I think it was well worth spending money on it at a Theater.

mnchiefsguy 03-06-2022 03:01 AM

Mother ****ing masterpiece.

I am ****ing speechless.

The Batman that fans truly deserve. Best picture of the year so far and it is not even close.

Cheater5 03-06-2022 08:31 AM

For people who aren’t MCU or DC fanatics (I haven’t seen a super hero movie since...Iron Man in 2008. Oh wait— I did see Deadpool), will they enjoy it? You guys are talking it up quite a bit, and it’s raised my level of interest enough to consider dragging my wife to a theater.

I don’t look down my nose at super hero movies, they just aren’t for me. This clearly seems different, and allows viewers with little to no knowledge of backstories, etc. to enjoy. Probably a stand alone / one and done movie, I’d guess.

sully1983 03-06-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 16176794)
For people who aren’t MCU or DC fanatics (I haven’t seen a super hero movie since...Iron Man in 2008. Oh wait— I did see Deadpool), will they enjoy it? You guys are talking it up quite a bit, and it’s raised my level of interest enough to consider dragging my wife to a theater.

I don’t look down my nose at super hero movies, they just aren’t for me. This clearly seems different, and allows viewers with little to no knowledge of backstories, etc. to enjoy. Probably a stand alone / one and done movie, I’d guess.

I don't blame you for being burnt out from super hero comic book movies (the vast majority of them are safe, generic, forgettable assembly line crap) but The Batman is such a breathe of fresh air and is such a brilliantly done take on the character.
It is THAT good. I can't stress enough how entertaining it was. The plot was very well thought out & detailed and its long run time was used wisely in order to build character development and move the story along.

Definitely see this in theaters on the biggest screen possible with the most booming theater speakers imaginable (the score is sublime and whenever the Batman theme came up in different versions , I got goose bumps every time)

You won't see any stupid talking racoons in The Batman or any idiotic time traveling elements in The Batman or any type of stupid lame slap stick comedy in The Batman either (there is some really well done dark humor that was used in The Batman though. Mainly from Zoe Kravitz and Colin Farrell as the Penguin) Pattinson was ****ing awesome as Batman too.

The Batman is the best most entertaining film I've seen in theaters since Blade Runner 2049 (and that was all the way back in 2017)

See it while you can. I plan on seeing it again later this week.

sully1983 03-06-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16176121)
One other thing I will mention - this is definitely not another origin story. Again, kind of refreshing. That's already been done to death. Everybody knows by now who Batman is and how and why he does what he does. The movie skims the surface of that somewhat, but just barely. Plus, it would have probably added at least another half hour to a movie that's already pretty long.

Batman is established. People know who he is. The signal is in place.

Agreed. And you worded it way better than I could.:thumb:

WhawhaWhat 03-06-2022 02:50 PM

Really great movie. Just as much of a true detective type movie as it is a superhero movie. They did a great job of stringing the audience along for a long movie but keeping each step interesting and making you want to see the next clue.

Also great job casting this movie.

SAGA45 03-06-2022 10:03 PM

I could see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker existing in this Universe. It was that grounded and gritty. Although...

Spoiler!

Overall 10/10. Loved the music...borrows just enough from the Imperial March to still be awesome and not make you see Vader instead of The Batman.

SAGA45 03-07-2022 05:09 AM

This is GLORIOUS!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IcIlsP1Y7Ko" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Capt_Von_Trapp 03-07-2022 07:35 AM

I thought it was outstanding. Only minor quibble is that it could have been about 15-20 minutes shorter. Got a little flabby in the middle. But that’s minor. I know ‘Joker’ was a one off, but it feels like it could exist in The Batman’s universe.

BWillie 03-07-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 16177521)
I could see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker existing in this Universe. It was that grounded and gritty. Although...

Spoiler!

Overall 10/10. Loved the music...borrows just enough from the Imperial March to still be awesome and not make you see Vader instead of The Batman.

Thought the Nirvana inserts were fantastic, but I didn't like the imperial marchesque over and over. I thought the score was lacking in that area, to be honest. Definitely wasn't my guy Hans Zimmer's crew work.

I'm sure I'll find out I was the only one, but the actual created music for this was poor.

Tribal Warfare 03-07-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

He won't be in the sequel it would be too much of the same.

mkp785 03-08-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

I agree with most of this. That theme was awesome....but they over used it a bit imo.

Also, I hope that Phoenix can make an appearance as Joker in this universe. I thought I read somewhere that he's in Joker 2.

Rest of the casting was great. Colin Ferrell was unrecognizable and fantastic as Penguin and Zoe did a very good Catwoman.

Patterson was a different spin and unexpected Batman. I didn't expect him to pass out, though in his defense any normal person would be rocked by that bomb blast. Dano was also very good as Riddler. I'm surprised he hasn't been on more things, as he fantastic in There Will be Blood...holding his own with Daniel Day-Lewis.

Very good movie.

CoMoChief 03-09-2022 06:03 PM

Movie was good. Not great but good. It was kind of drawn out a bit, I don't mind a 3hr movie but it can't have a lot of slow spots. This movie tended to have quite a bit slow parts IMO.

Really the only character I had a problem with was Pattinson. He's a good actor. That's fine. I just don't think he was the right guy to play Batman/Wayne. Too skinny, don't like the whole Emo Bruce gimmick. I just get turned off real quick on that kind of shit. I had this feeling going into the movie so maybe I was a bit biased from the start.

The Batsuit just looked weird, namely the cowl. Said this before but it looks like something out of the movie Kickass.

The theme song played more times than a Peacock ad. Jim Gordon's only lines in the movie were "jesus christ".

Not too important, but the Batmobile was pretty half assed. A 60's Charger with a jet drive?? Cmon man...needs to be more unique to the character than that. I dont care if this is based off the year2 comic story or whatever.

6.5 to 7 out of 10 if I were to rank. I still think the Nolan trilogy and the 1st two Burton/Keaton Batman movies were better than this one.

BWillie 03-10-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 16182994)
Movie was good. Not great but good. It was kind of drawn out a bit, I don't mind a 3hr movie but it can't have a lot of slow spots. This movie tended to have quite a bit slow parts IMO.

Really the only character I had a problem with was Pattinson. He's a good actor. That's fine. I just don't think he was the right guy to play Batman/Wayne. Too skinny, don't like the whole Emo Bruce gimmick. I just get turned off real quick on that kind of shit. I had this feeling going into the movie so maybe I was a bit biased from the start.

The Batsuit just looked weird, namely the cowl. Said this before but it looks like something out of the movie Kickass.

The theme song played more times than a Peacock ad. Jim Gordon's only lines in the movie were "jesus christ".

Not too important, but the Batmobile was pretty half assed. A 60's Charger with a jet drive?? Cmon man...needs to be more unique to the character than that. I dont care if this is based off the year2 comic story or whatever.

6.5 to 7 out of 10 if I were to rank. I still think the Nolan trilogy and the 1st two Burton/Keaton Batman movies were better than this one.

I mainly agree with your points, except I think the movie was a bit better than 6.5 or 7. I give it an 8.5. Definitely not as good as the Nolan Batman trilogy but this seems better than any other Batman other than that.

If they plan to make many movies out of this, it's going to easy to get exhausted so to speak based on this style. I was really surprised that Selena Kyle/Catwoman character would kind of steal the show. I thought it was quite well done in that area.

mkp785 03-10-2022 03:20 PM

HBO is giving The Penguin character his own series....I'm down for this. He was a great spin on the villain and Colin can act when he feels like it.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...ax-1235200087/

WhawhaWhat 03-10-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkp785 (Post 16184471)
HBO is giving The Penguin character his own series....I'm down for this. He was a great spin on the villain and Colin can act when he feels like it.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...ax-1235200087/

Will be interesting if they bring in other side villains that are maybe not big enough for the movies. Mad Hatter, Deadshot, Azrael, etc.

Frazod 03-10-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

I loved the new Batmobile. May be my favorite of all time, surpassing the one from the '89 Burton movie. Like I said earlier, it reminded me of an undead version of the Mad Max car. Of course, I'm extremely partial to late 60s/early 70s muscle cars, and that's obviously the look they were going for.

Capt_Von_Trapp 03-11-2022 03:58 PM

This is hilarious

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Batman isn’t the first movie to divide audiences. 1992’s Batman Returns was a powder keg, especially for teen critics. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thebatman?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#thebatman</a> <a href="https://t.co/lv0o43HVId">pic.twitter.com/lv0o43HVId</a></p>&mdash; Found Footage Fest (@foundfootage) <a href="https://twitter.com/foundfootage/status/1501983213572534272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 03-11-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp (Post 16186232)
This is hilarious

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Batman isn’t the first movie to divide audiences. 1992’s Batman Returns was a powder keg, especially for teen critics. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thebatman?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#thebatman</a> <a href="https://t.co/lv0o43HVId">pic.twitter.com/lv0o43HVId</a></p>&mdash; Found Footage Fest (@foundfootage) <a href="https://twitter.com/foundfootage/status/1501983213572534272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That kid is a bitch.

Kman34 03-11-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16186267)
That kid is a bitch.

Yeah, they found a pussy to review it..

ToxSocks 03-11-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16186267)
That kid is a bitch.

LMAO

Easy 6 03-12-2022 12:20 PM

Went last night, its very good and obviously deserves all the praise its getting... Reeves clearly had his own distinct vision for that universe

While I still prefer Bale, Pattinson more than holds his own here, his angsty and tortured take definitely works

Dano was INCREDIBLE
Farrell was EXCELLENT

My only nitpick is how Batmans suit can now take multiple direct hits from machine guns and shotguns at very close range, I mean, come on now...

IMO it goes...

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Batman

And thats no slam to be sure, to make my top 3 is a definite compliment... I'll end up buying this for my personal collection

listopencil 03-12-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp (Post 16186232)
This is hilarious

That kid is now old enough that we could find him and beat his ass silly.

Hammock Parties 03-12-2022 05:19 PM

Stylistically, it was the best Batman movie we've gotten.

I felt like the characters/plotline didn't give us much to be interested in. Felt like a rehash of a lot of Batman tropes. Performances were great.

7.5/10. It ain't Nolan.

Capt_Von_Trapp 03-12-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16187900)
Stylistically, it was the best Batman movie we've gotten.

I felt like the characters/plotline didn't give us much to be interested in. Felt like a rehash of a lot of Batman tropes. Performances were great.

7.5/10. It ain't Nolan.

If anything it suffers because there’s been an over saturation of Batman the past 20-30 years. I think it’s a really great movie, but there’s only so many ways to keep doing these movies. What’s the next reboot in 5-10 years? A return to the camp 60s style?

ThaVirus 03-12-2022 08:33 PM

What stood out for me were the Batman theme they kept playing with the piano chords, the Batmobile reveal, and the hallway fight scene illuminated by machine gun fire.

Also, Zoe Kravitz. I would do some strange, strange things to her.

ThaVirus 03-12-2022 08:36 PM

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 03-12-2022 08:42 PM

One last thought:

Spoiler!

Archie Bunker 03-12-2022 10:14 PM

Fantastic flick

Wallcrawler 03-14-2022 08:29 AM

Really liked it, only gripe I had was the one that originated in the trailer.

He gets shot WAY TOO MANY ****ING TIMES.

Jesus Christ. He's a ****ing ninja in a Batsuit, not the ****ing Terminator.

ThaVirus 03-14-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16187485)
My only nitpick is how Batmans suit can now take multiple direct hits from machine guns and shotguns at very close range, I mean, come on now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16189768)

I actually didn't mind this. It's really the only way a superhero like Batman makes any sense. He is going to get shot. The suit itself looked pretty bulky, particularly in the torso. I think the shotgun blast to the belly at point blank range was a bit much but tanking small arms fire was fine by me.

Actually, if I was going to nitpick anything it'd be how loud his boots were lol that gang in the beginning scene heard him walking from like 20 yards away. Then he's somehow able to disappear while standing next to that cop in the Riddler's place.

This Batman seemed less polished ninja, more brash detective.

BWillie 03-14-2022 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16189768)

I actually don't think he was a ninja in the Reeves universe. Sounded like Alfred trained him, not the League of Shadows and Ras Al Ghul.

CoMoChief 03-15-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16185164)
I loved the new Batmobile. May be my favorite of all time, surpassing the one from the '89 Burton movie. Like I said earlier, it reminded me of an undead version of the Mad Max car. Of course, I'm extremely partial to late 60s/early 70s muscle cars, and that's obviously the look they were going for.

Really? The Burton one is iconic....personally I like Bale's Batmobile the best.

ToxSocks 03-15-2022 11:39 AM

Irritated that i still havent seen it yet. Trying to coordinate a group thing with friends and what not and it's dragging this out.

WhawhaWhat 03-15-2022 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16192756)
Irritated that i still havent seen it yet. Trying to coordinate a group thing with friends and what not and it's dragging this out.

I tried to do that on opening weekend and the same thing happened so I just went by myself.

BWillie 03-15-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Just go by yourself. Movies are one of the things where I feel like you don't really need to go with someone. I've never went to a movie by myself, but I definitely would.

Easy 6 03-15-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16190032)
I actually didn't mind this. It's really the only way a superhero like Batman makes any sense. He is going to get shot. The suit itself looked pretty bulky, particularly in the torso. I think the shotgun blast to the belly at point blank range was a bit much but tanking small arms fire was fine by me.

Actually, if I was going to nitpick anything it'd be how loud his boots were lol that gang in the beginning scene heard him walking from like 20 yards away. Then he's somehow able to disappear while standing next to that cop in the Riddler's place.

To each their own, but it strained my credulity to the breaking point

Even if the suit can withstand close in direct hits, the blunt force shock would leave our Caped Crusader incapacitated for a while... he's just a man after all

But I'm not gonna let that ruin the movie for me, still looking forward to adding this to my personal collection

Frazod 03-15-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 16192842)
I tried to do that on opening weekend and the same thing happened so I just went by myself.

I saw it by myself at a matinee the day after it opened. The wife was working, and besides, I figured she'd not be interested enough to sit through a nearly three hour long movie anyway.

GloucesterChief 03-15-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16190032)

If it is bird or buck shot a regular bullet proof vest will take a shot gun blast. You will be all sorts of welted and bruised up and probably be really sore but not dead and it will take you off your feet.

Heard a story of a security guard that got one right in the back while wearing a vest knocked him down and out. Said thankfully it did cause he was sure if he moved the guy that shot him would of taken off his head.

Hammock Parties 03-15-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16193259)
To each their own, but it strained my credulity to the breaking point

Even if the suit can withstand close in direct hits, the blunt force shock would leave our Caped Crusader incapacitated for a while... he's just a man after all

But I'm not gonna let that ruin the movie for me, still looking forward to adding this to my personal collection

The shotgun blast took him down before he injected himself with adrenaline or whatever the hell was in that syringe.

Easy 6 03-15-2022 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16193618)
The shotgun blast took him down before he injected himself with adrenaline or whatever the hell was in that syringe.

It wasn't just that scene, it was the club scene where his chest is getting lit up by machine guns from 20 feet away... I'm trying to enjoy this, leave me alone to my own thoughts damn you!!1

Wallcrawler 03-16-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16193618)

He got it from Logan, I assume. I laughed at this scene and I'm sure it wasn't their intent.

Same effect. Near the point of passing out, inject green shit, scream like a savage and go ham.

Logan did it better.

WhawhaWhat 03-16-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16194385)
He got it from Logan, I assume. I laughed at this scene and I'm sure it wasn't their intent.

Same effect. Near the point of passing out, inject green shit, scream like a savage and go ham.

Logan did it better.

I think that was Bane juice that was injected.

Wallcrawler 03-16-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 16194568)
I think that was Bane juice that was injected.

Nah if it was Venom he injected, he'd have hulked up and then lost his shit lol.

sully1983 03-16-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16194385)

Logan did it better.

Yeah it would have been much better and less goofy if Bruce Wayne was bite by a radioactive spider instead :LOL:LMAO

Pitt Gorilla 03-16-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

You were never going to watch it anyway, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14272882)
GTFO i aint watching that shit.

What a stupid decision. Women don't care about Batman, and men sure as **** don't care about Robert Pattinson.

sully1983 03-18-2022 06:34 AM

Planning on re watching this again in theaters sometime this weekend but this is great news I thought I'd share with all of you

Quote:

A tech glitch on the HBO website accidentally revealed the HBO Max and pay cable network’s premiere dates for the studio’s current blockbuster hit The Batman, which is set to bank a half-billion dollars worldwide by this weekend at the global box office.

The listing, which you can see below, has since been scrubbed, but we hear the dates of Tuesday, April 19 on HBO Max and Saturday, April 23 on HBO linear are legit. By the way, all of this makes sense: WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar has continually mentioned that for 2022 and until further notice, all Warner Bros theatrical releases will hit HBO Max 45 days after their debut in cinemas.
https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-bat...te-1234979652/

ThaVirus 03-18-2022 08:29 AM

It's crazy how quickly these movies are hitting streaming services these days.

Growing up, I always felt like you'd have to wait 6 months after theatrical release to get your hands on the DVDs.

Wallcrawler 03-18-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 16195760)
Yeah it would have been much better and less goofy if Bruce Wayne was bite by a radioactive spider instead :LOL:LMAO

Not sure what your point is here.

In an otherwise grounded film, (stupidass point-blank double barrel blast, and ultralightweight terminator titanium bulletproof batsuit aside) we have Bats taking a green vial at the point where he's almost out of it, injecting it, screaming like a savage, and going ham.

Now watch the final act of Logan.

If you cannot see the parallels, you're blind, reeruned, or being intentionally obtuse.

Maybe Reeves was a fan of the Logan film and its an homage of sorts.

It just didn't work for me.

Easy 6 03-18-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16199029)

In an otherwise grounded film, (stupidass point-blank double barrel blast, and ultralightweight terminator titanium bulletproof batsuit aside) we have Bats taking a green vial at the point where he's almost out of it, injecting it, screaming like a savage, and going ham.

If you cannot see the parallels, you're blind, reeruned, or being intentionally obtuse.

Its a lot easier for me to believe in some ultra strength adrenaline shot, than a fully bulletproof suit

Capt_Von_Trapp 03-24-2022 02:36 PM

Scene they cut with Joker.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They released the cut scene from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheBatman?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheBatman</a> where Barry Keoghan’s Joker is positioned similarly to Hannibal Lecter in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. <a href="https://t.co/v8lwWI41ag">pic.twitter.com/v8lwWI41ag</a></p>&mdash; Courtney Howard (@Lulamaybelle) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lulamaybelle/status/1507053120311812117?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6 03-24-2022 03:25 PM

Thats a great scene... hell it was a 3 hour movie, what harm is an extra 5 minutes?

Frazod 03-24-2022 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16213018)
Thats a great scene... hell it was a 3 hour movie, what harm is an extra 5 minutes?

THIS

Damn, that was incredible.

Easy 6 03-24-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16213244)
THIS

Damn, that was incredible.

Reeves could've eeeasily trimmed up some other scenes to make room for that, Keoghan absolutely killed it with his own spin... big shoes to fill, and he nailed it

sully1983 03-26-2022 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16199029)

and that's fine that it didn't work for you. (also I really enjoyed Logan a ton. Such a great send off for Hugh Jackman) but you do realize adrenaline shots are an actual thing irl right? I mean paramedics have been doing it a very long time now. Also, Batman's suit is heavily protected with the best armor money can buy (Bruce Wayne is a billionaire remember?)
And to compare The Batman to Logan (where he's being helped fight the bad guys with a bunch of little misfit mutant kids that all have super powers just doesn't work for me as a legit comparison imo.

sully1983 03-26-2022 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp (Post 16212840)
Scene they cut with Joker.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They released the cut scene from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheBatman?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheBatman</a> where Barry Keoghan’s Joker is positioned similarly to Hannibal Lecter in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. <a href="https://t.co/v8lwWI41ag">pic.twitter.com/v8lwWI41ag</a></p>&mdash; Courtney Howard (@Lulamaybelle) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lulamaybelle/status/1507053120311812117?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

INCREDIBLE scene!! :eek:
The dialogue exchange between Batman & the Joker was so well done as were the cinematography (where you can't quite make out just how revolting the Joker looks) So well written / acted and brilliantly done (especially the very end)

Could you imagine any of these villains that were featured in Reeves' The Batman existing in the MCU? LMAO Kevin Feige would probably piss his pants after watching that excellently done deleted sceneLMAO Feige sure as shit would have had major "creative differences" with Matt Reeves that's for sure. . .

Barry Keoghan is just such a great young hungry actor with raw energy and brings it strong in everything I've seen him in. He was one of the creepiest most disturbing characters I've seen in quite sometime in The Killing of a Sacred Dear.

I'm planning on seeing The Batman again sometime on Sunday because I need to see it again on the biggest screen I can get to.

Bowser 03-26-2022 08:23 AM

Finally getting around to seeing this today with the kiddo. Looking forward to this one!

BigCatDaddy 03-26-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Saw it tonight and this is pretty much where I'm at with it. I had high expectations going in and felt a bit let down. Loved the Riddler character and most of the rest hut Pattinson just isn't Batman material. Well below the Nolan movies but way better than Affleck shit. And can we not shit on old white guys in a movie for once?,JFC

sully1983 03-27-2022 12:01 AM

Matt Reeves and Pattinson's take on Bruce Wayne/Batman was actually pretty refreshing IMO. This Batman won't be featured in any kind of push up/ weight training montage and probably skips arm days all the time nor was he taught anything from the League of the Shadows. Pattinson portrayed Batman really well as the obsessed/no nonsense young detective of Gotham. .

You won't ever see this Bruce Wayne driving thru Gotham with a bunch of super models or making public appearances at political fundraisers (not to mention can barely crack a smile if ever) Absolutely loved how anti social and ****ed in the head Batman was.

His "batcave" looked like a worn down POS bomb bunker and he would always wear dark shades during the day (all while not giving a flying **** about how he looked) Hence the grungy look and brilliantly use of that Nirvana song.

Ditto on the batmobile. Thought it was awesome and fit well with Pattinson's "don't give a ****" portrayal of Batman.

BigRedChief 03-27-2022 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16192994)
Just go by yourself. Movies are one of the things where I feel like you don't really need to go with someone. I've never went to a movie by myself, but I definitely would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16193264)
I saw it by myself at a matinee the day after it opened. The wife was working, and besides, I figured she'd not be interested enough to sit through a nearly three hour long movie anyway.

I finally went and saw this today, by myself. Wife was at a girls retreat. Long ass movie but we’ll done.

MarkDavis'Haircut 03-27-2022 08:06 PM

Awful movie.

Holy crap. Just terrible. Nonsensical and idiotic.

BigBeauford 04-20-2022 07:26 AM

This movie could have been one for the ages, but there was enough subpar elements that I think will relegate it to being a short-lived part of superhero culture.

The cinematography is stunning and this might be the best version of Gotham we've gotten. Colin Ferrell steals the show, my god was he terrific. Batman's grounded capabilities was a nice change of pace from his usual "more tech than the CIA possess". The new Batmobile was much cooler than I thought it would be, and the highway chase scene was well done.

A few things bother me, namely the directional choice to make ever piece of dialogue a loud whisper. Speaking of the dialogue, there was nothing remotely special about the writing in this show. My excitement for this being a noir flick was tempered by the milquetoast dialogue and ho-hum chase of the Riddler's "mystery". It's clear this was a movie made for Zoomers, and I won't spoil who "the baddies" are. Dano, who is normally competent to terrific, was miscast here.

ToxSocks 04-21-2022 01:05 PM

I really liked it. Probably one of my, if not THE favorite Batman movie.

ToxSocks 04-21-2022 01:05 PM

I thought Pattinson played an excellent Batman, but a poor Bruce Wayne.

Kman34 04-21-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16255773)
I thought Pattinson played an excellent Batman, but a poor Bruce Wayne.

Exactly… He had that stupid Twilight look on his face without the mask. Bruce Wayne carry’s himself as a smart confident man not a whiny looking bitch…

ToxSocks 04-21-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 16255880)
Exactly… He had that stupid Twilight look on his face without the mask. Bruce Wayne carry’s himself as a smart confident man not a whiny looking bitch…

Yup

Frazod 04-21-2022 03:22 PM

I actually prefer Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't really care about how he's supposed to be portrayed. But a socially stunted and awkward Wayne makes more sense to me than a guy who can slip into slick playboy mode at will. The dude's clearly ****ed up or he wouldn't do Batman stuff.

Keaton's Batman wasn't all that dissimilar to Pattinson's - he just played an older Bruce who had learned to put on a happy face. But he was very quiet and reserved, and not flamboyant at all. Vicky Vale easily picked up on the fact that there was something really off about him.

sully1983 04-21-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16256037)
I actually prefer Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't really care about how he's supposed to be portrayed. But a socially stunted and awkward Wayne makes more sense to me than a guy who can slip into slick playboy mode at will. The dude's clearly ****ed up or he wouldn't do Batman stuff.

Keaton's Batman wasn't all that dissimilar to Pattinson's - he just played an older Bruce who had learned to put on a happy face. But he was very quiet and reserved, and not flamboyant at all. Vicky Vale easily picked up on the fact that there was something really off about him.

I gotta definitely agree. Pattinson's grungy "I don't give a shit what I look like" was a fresh take (and went perfectly with the use of Nirvana's "Something in the Way" being played in the background. Which was also fitting since he was an obsessed detective loner.

And the movie is called The Batman after all. Not "Good times with Bruce Wayne!". I'd much rather pay to see Batman solving a complex case full of mysterious riddles all while beating criminals into a bloody pulp until they can't move than say Bruce Wayne going on a boring date with Rachel Dawes or whoever the **** Marion Cotillard's character was (worse acting for a death scene ever ROFL. **** that shit.

Not to mention I really enjoyed the chemistry and exchanges between Pattinson & Zoe Kravitz in this. She was so much more likable than Anne Hathaway and the chemistry between Bale/Hathaway was pretty laughable in The Dark Knight Rises. You mean to tell me you're going to run away to Paris with a woman that set you up in a trap by giving you up to Bane?:spock: lol

Matt Reeves knocked it out of the ****ing park imo.

unlurking 04-21-2022 07:38 PM

Sure I'll get crap for this, but I hated it. Shut it off halfway through. Tried to be harsh and gritty, but just felt overly dark and whispery trash. Someone tell the director that sepia should not be a theme for a movie. Just couldn't get in to it. Emo-Batman was just horribad. Ranking Batman's I'd have to say it's the 3rd worst, just ahead of Batfleck and Kilmer (or ahead of what I haven't been able to black out of those two). And the take on the Riddler was just boring. Found myself looking at my phone whenever he came on the scene, Almost fast-forwarded through the scene with the DA and the bomb because of him.

Absolutely loved The Joker with Joaquin Phoenix and was hoping for more of that kind of character driven darkness. Obviously that was a mistake on my part.

Halfcan 04-21-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16255770)
I really liked it. Probably one of my, if not THE favorite Batman movie.

;) I agree- pretty badass.

While Marvel / Disney is going woke- DC seems like they might have figured out what fans really want.

staylor26 04-21-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 16255880)

That’s the point though.

He’s a “nocturnal animal”.

Bruce Wayne is his mask now, and he’s still learning how to be Bruce Wayne again, and he’s yet to realize the usefulness of Bruce Wayne to his overall goal.