ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Buzz 05-31-2015 03:55 PM

Nice trip, looks and sounds like you are enjoying yourself, good for you!

GloryDayz 05-31-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11526975)
17 more days, but I wish it was 30 more.

I know... Europe is a very, VERY cool place to be. Northern Italy, Scotland and Oslo....all places GloryDayz might retire...

Lonewolf Ed 06-01-2015 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11526986)
A good bit more than 2 whole weeks, you can pack a lot more memories into that much time.

But if you wanted to, whats to keep you from just staying over there for good... could you arrange for medical care?

Even though my maternal grandparents were born in Denmark and died here, I am still a foreigner in the eyes of the gubmint and not the right race or religion to get the free stuff. I'd have to apply for citizenship and work instead of coming in as a refugee and being handed welfare benefits on a platter.

Lonewolf Ed 06-01-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11528193)
I know... Europe is a very, VERY cool place to be. Northern Italy, Scotland and Oslo....all places GloryDayz might retire...

I do hope to visit Scotland someday soon, and hell, I will even try the haggis over there.

GloryDayz 06-01-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11528409)
I do hope to visit Scotland someday soon, and hell, I will even try the haggis over there.

Haggis anywhere is terrible but go anyway.

ChiTown 06-01-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11528409)

I'm spending a week in Glengarriff Ireland this coming July. Can. Not. Wait!

GloryDayz 06-01-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11528503)
I'm spending a week in Glengarriff Ireland this coming July. Can. Not. Wait!

Man, so jealous. I think I'd shred my passport after I got there!

ChiTown 06-01-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11528933)
Man, so jealous. I think I'd shred my passport after I got there!

I'd run out of money too fast playing golf while drinking Guinness and Jameson:evil:

GloryDayz 06-01-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11528937)
I'd run out of money too fast playing golf while drinking Guinness and Jameson:evil:

LOL, dumb post... :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nobody needs money to be happy there, you just have to be alive! And I'd only work of getting a new passport should all my thoughts be wrong...

Lonewolf Ed 06-02-2015 07:45 AM

My brother took my picture with Anna Longlegs today! I am 6'1" so when I figure out how in the hell to post them from this ipad, you can see how tall she is.

Lonewolf Ed 06-06-2015 11:39 AM

I got an email from my dad stating that he took my mom to the doctor with a very bad cough. It is not pneumonia, but the doc said she has a loud heart murmur. She just turned 93 on May 10th, so this could be bad.

In58men 06-06-2015 11:41 AM

93? She having a good life

Lonewolf Ed 06-06-2015 11:43 AM

Not so much now. She is senile and pretty much just sits in the kitchen and stares out the sliding glass door, and naps a lot.

C3HIEF3S 06-06-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11536405)
I got an email from my dad stating that he took my mom to the doctor with a very bad cough. It is not pneumonia, but the doc said she has a loud heart murmur. She just turned 93 on May 10th, so this could be bad.

You and your family are in my prayers, Ed.

One of my two great-grandmothers passed away this past November at the age of 98 from an infection. A great, long, healthy life she sure lived. It was the first time I went through an immediate family member passing away.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-06-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11536405)

Sorry to hear it, Ed.

Buehler445 06-06-2015 12:32 PM

Sorry about your mom, Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 06-11-2015 02:55 AM

My mother's check up went fine, oddly enough. My time is running out on my adventure and I am feeling a bit sad over that. The sun is out, at last, and I've even worked on my tan a bit. I had dinner with two friends last night, Steen and Nidal. Steen is a cop and his girlfriend Nidal is from Beirut. She made a delightful Lebanese dinner. Dessert was awesome, too. She scooped out cantaloupe halves and filled it with the pieces of cantaloupe, fresh Danish strawberries, and a chocolate-nougat ice cream. We had slices of watermelon on the side and it was great!

eDave 06-11-2015 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11544093)
My mother's check up went fine, oddly enough. My time is running out on my adventure and I am feeling a bit sad over that. The sun is out, at last, and I've even worked on my tan a bit. I had dinner with two friends last night, Steen and Nidal. Steen is a cop and his girlfriend Nidal is from Beirut. She made a delightful Lebanese dinner. Dessert was awesome, too. She scooped out cantaloupe halves and filled it with the pieces of cantaloupe, fresh Danish strawberries, and a chocolate-nougat ice cream. We had slices of watermelon on the side and it was great!

That kinda freaked me out man. Glad you had an excellent time and see the joy in things many of us don't see.

Lonewolf Ed 06-11-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11544097)
That kinda freaked me out man. Glad you had an excellent time and see the joy in things many of us don't see.

I could have worded that differently as I can see how some might have started seeing that as I was circling the drain! I feel pretty good, physically, and people in the Irish House told me I look a lot better than I did when I arrived, and even better than I did just a couple of weeks ago. I'll be feeling great just in time for more chemo and then I will have to deal with that mess again and all that comes with it. Ugh.

blake5676 06-11-2015 07:50 AM

What happened to that picture of Anna Long Legs you promised?!?

Lonewolf Ed 06-11-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 11544177)
What happened to that picture of Anna Long Legs you promised?!?

I have it here on my ipad, but can't load up from it. I may go to the library tomorrow and download it on the desktop computer, then post it. I'll try that and see what happens. She isn't here now, by the way... went to Greece with her boyfriend, and no doubt thong bikini bottoms and no tops.

Meatloaf 06-11-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11544188)
I have it here on my ipad, but can't load up from it. I may go to the library tomorrow and download it on the desktop computer, then post it. I'll try that and see what happens. She isn't here now, by the way... went to Greece with her boyfriend, and no doubt thong bikini bottoms and no tops.

Ed, buddy, don't do this to yourself! She prolly went to Greece to eat an olive......in a burka.

Lonewolf Ed 06-12-2015 03:14 AM

My brother is packed and ready to go, and will head to the airport in about 3 hours, then I am on my own for the rest of the trip. It's nothing I am not used to since I was on my own for entire trips until I turned my brother on to Denmark. He isn't Danish because we have the same dad and different moms. My mom is the Danish one.

Lonewolf Ed 06-12-2015 04:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope this works.

DaNewGuy 06-12-2015 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11545642)
I hope this works.

Damn my phone won't bring it up :( , have fun on the rest of your trip man

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-12-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11545642)
I hope this works.

Oh my goodness.

Lonewolf Ed 06-12-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11545671)
Oh my goodness.

You should see Gitte! She is a full 3 points higher on the 10 point scale than Anna, and Anna is hot!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-12-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11545721)
You should see Gitte! She is a full 3 points higher on the 10 point scale than Anna, and Anna is hot!

I WANT!

srvy 06-12-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11545721)

Dang Ed now we just got to see Gitte. We demand Gitte!

Enjoy it Ed its back to the real world shortly. You will get back in time for the heat and humidity and Mosquitoes and the 17 year cicada cycle. :)

http://i1.wp.com/boingboing.net/wp-c...size=276%2C155

GloryDayz 06-12-2015 05:58 PM

Very nice... Thought about shredding the passport yet?

Lonewolf Ed 06-13-2015 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11546470)
Very nice... Thought about shredding the passport yet?

A few times it has crossed my mind! I am at the cafe this morning and Gitte is here. I found out she is a student at Aarhus University, voted one of the top 10 most beautiful campuses in the world, and she studies philosophy. She could be a model easily. She is stunning and probably glows in the dark!

Lonewolf Ed 06-13-2015 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11546362)
Dang Ed now we just got to see Gitte. We demand Gitte!

Enjoy it Ed its back to the real world shortly. You will get back in time for the heat and humidity and Mosquitoes and the 17 year cicada cycle. :)

http://i1.wp.com/boingboing.net/wp-c...size=276%2C155

I am enjoying it, and it doesn't feel like a vacation to me. This is part of my real world. I am not looking forward to the heat and humidity in Olathe. Hell, it has been so cold here that when it tops 65, I start sweating. I am used to it over here now.

Easy 6 06-13-2015 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11544093)

That sounds killer, I've always wanted to try some home cooked ME food.

Lonewolf Ed 06-13-2015 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11547023)
That sounds killer, I've always wanted to try some home cooked ME food.

The main dish was so tasty. It was white rice, very lean ground beef, shredded chicken breast, sauteed cashews, and walnuts. I had seconds.

Easy 6 06-13-2015 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11547025)
The main dish was so tasty. It was white rice, very lean ground beef, shredded chicken breast, sauteed cashews, and walnuts. I had seconds.

Hell yeah.

Sorry to hear your journey is almost at an end, but theres always next year... as for me, heading off on a fishing trip to brand new grounds about an hour or so away. Some exciting possibilities down there, have a great day!

Lonewolf Ed 06-13-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11547026)
Hell yeah.

Sorry to hear your journey is almost at an end, but theres always next year... as for me, heading off on a fishing trip to brand new grounds about an hour or so away. Some exciting possibilities down there, have a great day!

I hope you catch a few big ones!

Lonewolf Ed 06-16-2015 10:00 PM

My time in Denmark is nearly over. I check out of the hotel this morning and sadly head to the airport soon.

Lonewolf Ed 06-17-2015 04:19 AM

I did not get as much sleep as I would have liked last night. Not only was the colon cancer making me go every hour, a damned seagull kept landing near my window and pitching a fit every hour or so. I wanted to strangle that rotten bird!! :mad:

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-17-2015 04:38 AM

Glad you had a fun trip, Ed.

GloryDayz 06-17-2015 06:41 AM

It was a great trip Sir, glad you shared it...

srvy 06-17-2015 08:01 AM

Must have been a blast. I sure had fun reading about it. Safe travels home Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 06-17-2015 10:56 PM

Chicago must hate KC. United cancelled my flight after saying it was merely delayed an hour and there are no vouchers for hotels, so here I sit in Elk Grove's Super 8 for 180 bucks, hoping the airline sees fit to send a plane to KC tomorrow at noon with my ass on it. They tried booking me on the 5:34pm flight and I said that was shit and no way. I pulled the cancer card, for all the good it did me. :mad:

GloryDayz 06-18-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11554239)
Chicago must hate KC. United cancelled my flight after saying it was merely delayed an hour and there are no vouchers for hotels, so here I sit in Elk Grove's Super 8 for 180 bucks, hoping the airline sees fit to send a plane to KC tomorrow at noon with my ass on it. They tried booking me on the 5:34pm flight and I said that was shit and no way. I pulled the cancer card, for all the good it did me. :mad:

O'hare is a seriously ****ed up place, and it's in the middle of Chicago that, other than short visits, generally blows. Go no further than their jack0ff mayor to see where the mentality begins.

And you flew from pure awesomeness to Shitsville, so it's hardly a surprise that Chicago/O'hare's crappiness was going to shine with the brightness of 10 suns!

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2015 06:42 AM

This is the first time I've had a flight cancelled in Chicago. It happened in D.C. in 2008 and I was stuck in the airport for about 18 hours.

GloryDayz 06-18-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11554371)
This is the first time I've had a flight cancelled in Chicago. It happened in D.C. in 2008 and I was stuck in the airport for about 18 hours.

You're lucky then... Woot....

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2015 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11554374)
You're lucky then... Woot....

On the flip side of the coin, I have only left on time ONCE out of O'Hare. KC just doesn't get any respect.

srvy 06-18-2015 08:05 AM

Damn Ed that blows and so does United Airlines. They couldn't get you on anther airline to KC or into St Lou then to KC? Also 180 bucks for a super 8 is the crime of the century.

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11554456)
Damn Ed that blows and so does United Airlines. They couldn't get you on anther airline to KC or into St Lou then to KC? Also 180 bucks for a super 8 is the crime of the century.

United couldn't do dick or diddly, but send me to Omaha and then I'd have to rent a car, and that flight left sat 7 am, so I'd have been in the airport all damned night anyhow. With tax, my room came to over 200 bucks. I shouldn't have flushed the toilet this morning...

WhawhaWhat 06-18-2015 08:10 AM

I was stuck in Midway last year for about 10 hours for a flight that finally left at about 10:30 PM. At least in O'Hare you're not afraid to stand next to the windows for fear of stray bullets.

srvy 06-18-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11554463)
United couldn't do dick or diddly, but send me to Omaha and then I'd have to rent a car, and that flight left sat 7 am, so I'd have been in the airport all damned night anyhow. With tax, my room came to over 200 bucks. I shouldn't have flushed the toilet this morning...

Once upon a time Airlines made things like this right. Canceling a flight that they booked you on is United's fault. I honestly dont understand why they couldnt get you a voucher for one the hotels they work with. When you get home I would sure call our write someone in the main headquarters of United and let them know why you wont be using the services again. They just might make it right.

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11554472)
Once upon a time Airlines made things like this right. Canceling a flight that they booked you on is United's fault. I honestly dont understand why they couldnt get you a voucher for one the hotels they work with. When you get home I would sure call our write someone in the main headquarters of United and let them know why you wont be using the services again. They just might make it right.

Since the Blackhawks won, hotels were sold out. United also claims that weather was the cause of the flight cancellation. They always say that since they can't be responsible then. Wankers.

srvy 06-18-2015 08:37 AM

Anyway welcome almost home Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2015 03:22 PM

I am at last back in Olathe. What an ordeal! Now I can put it behind me and focus on the trip that was, and what a trip it was!

Meatloaf 06-18-2015 06:26 PM

Welcome back, Ed!!!

Lonewolf Ed 06-18-2015 08:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
As promised, heeeeeeeeeere's Gitte!

Lonewolf Ed 06-19-2015 10:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
With my colon cancer, I could be club president! LMAO

Lonewolf Ed 06-20-2015 03:25 PM

As many of you know, I was stranded in Chicago since my flight was cancelled and I didn't get home until the next day. I just got an email TODAY, June 20, from United saying my flight on the 17th of June has been cancelled. Well, thanks so much for clearing up that mystery, United! I had NO clue why I was stuck in Chicago when the departure marquis read: FLIGHT CANCELLED. :cuss:

BigMeatballDave 06-20-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11558176)
As many of you know, I was stranded in Chicago since my flight was cancelled and I didn't get home until the next day. I just got an email TODAY, June 20, from United saying my flight on the 17th of June has been cancelled. Well, thanks so much for clearing up that mystery, United! I had NO clue why I was stuck in Chicago when the departure marquis read: FLIGHT CANCELLED. :cuss:

That is some top notch customer service. LOL

Lonewolf Ed 06-22-2015 03:16 PM

I resume treatments tomorrow morning, and I am feeling a bit apprehensive about that. I got used to being away from doctors, nurses, needles, and chemo bags in a hurry over in Denmark. I have my appointment at 8 am tomorrow where the nurse will jab the dreaded needle into my chest where it will set for 2 days, then Thursday I get the pump removed and the needle, and Friday I meet with the colon surgeon to discuss how he is going to filet me. I know it will be laproscopic, but in my head, I keep seeing myself gutted like a salmon. :(

Meatloaf 06-22-2015 03:26 PM

Hang in there, Ed, you've been through all of this before, so I'm sure you'll do just fine. As far as the laparoscopic thing goes, compared to what you've been through, that'll be a freaking walk in the park.

PS. If you get too anxious, just reflect on Miss Gitte......that should get you all squared away!

Lonewolf Ed 06-22-2015 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is Gitte and also Tanya and her sister! Aren't Danish girls purty??

Meatloaf 06-22-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11561255)

Sure are!!!

Lonewolf Ed 06-22-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11561261)
Sure are!!!

*sniffle* I miss them already. I was at the store today and saw several women in shorts whose legs looked like 50 lb sacks of chewed bubble gum. Bleh. Danish chicks wear tight black leggings and they wear them well!

Eleazar 06-22-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11561229)
I resume treatments tomorrow morning, and I am feeling a bit apprehensive about that. I got used to being away from doctors, nurses, needles, and chemo bags in a hurry over in Denmark. I have my appointment at 8 am tomorrow where the nurse will jab the dreaded needle into my chest where it will set for 2 days, then Thursday I get the pump removed and the needle, and Friday I meet with the colon surgeon to discuss how he is going to filet me. I know it will be laproscopic, but in my head, I keep seeing myself gutted like a salmon. :(

http://thoracicsurgery.stanford.edu/...-incisions.jpg

GloryDayz 06-22-2015 04:24 PM

Hang tough young man, we're all pulling for you...

C3HIEF3S 06-22-2015 04:26 PM

Praying for ya, Ed.

Easy 6 06-22-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Very nice... bet you're already planning the return trip.

BigMeatballDave 06-22-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

**** yes!

Lonewolf Ed 06-22-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11561551)
**** yes!

And I got a big hug from Tanya when I first arrived at the Irish House!

Buehler445 06-22-2015 08:33 PM

Hang in there bud. Cherish your time out of country. It would have been easy for you to be bad enough to miss it.

Lonewolf Ed 06-22-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11561810)
Hang in there bud. Cherish your time out of country. It would have been easy for you to be bad enough to miss it.

I am extremely happy and thankful that I got to go. If I had not been able to, I don't know what my mindset would be now, but I can promise you, it wouldn't be rosy and joyful. My spirit needed the recharge and my body needed the break. I actually feel better now than I have all year. Tomorrow, the chemo starts again, so I know I will be going downhill a bit.

Hootie 06-22-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Omg those girls are amazing

Lonewolf Ed 06-23-2015 06:50 AM

So far, so good. I got the needle in the chest and it was barely more than a mosquito bite. It's not even uncomfortable in my chest, which is what it usually feels like for 15 minutes or so. Nurse done good!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-23-2015 07:17 AM

Keep fighting, brother.

Lonewolf Ed 06-26-2015 12:04 PM

I consulted with the colon surgeon today and am now set for surgery on August 12th. He said I will be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days. Damn, I hate that part most of all. I won't be able to lift over 20 lbs. or thereabouts for 6 weeks and it will take 6 months for me to heal 100%. It's going to be a rough autumn and winter.

Buehler445 06-26-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11567672)
I consulted with the colon surgeon today and am now set for surgery on August 12th. He said I will be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days. Damn, I hate that part most of all. I won't be able to lift over 20 lbs. or thereabouts for 6 weeks and it will take 6 months for me to heal 100%. It's going to be a rough autumn and winter.

What are they doing? Are they taking out the infected part of your colon?

Meatloaf 06-26-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11567672)

Yeah, but you'll have ACTUAL football talk on CP to keep you company! Just think, REAL football insight provided in this forum to keep your fine mind occupied whilst your body heals.

Clearly, you can handle the chemo. I;m sure you'll handle the surgery nicely. Not sure you can handle this forum when Alex under throws Maclin for the umpteenth time....

Lonewolf Ed 06-26-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11567680)
What are they doing? Are they taking out the infected part of your colon?

Yes, he said about 10 cm of it.

Lonewolf Ed 06-26-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11567739)
Yeah, but you'll have ACTUAL football talk on CP to keep you company! Just think, REAL football insight provided in this forum to keep your fine mind occupied whilst your body heals.

Clearly, you can handle the chemo. I;m sure you'll handle the surgery nicely. Not sure you can handle this forum when Alex under throws Maclin for the umpteenth time....

That Alex part sounds like it might hinder my recovery!

Meatloaf 06-26-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11567796)
Yes, he said about 10 cm of it.

Get that silly little 10 cm outa there and then go find a nice Danish. I hear McClains Bakery has nice Danish! :p