ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV JURASSIC WORLD (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283195)

banecat 06-26-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13606683)
The right has fallen prey to the Fox News demagogue, much as the left has fallen into a CNN Trump hysteria trap.

I see a whole bunch of looking for something that isn't intended. Applying political implications to things that never intended to be political. That's the symptom of the disease known as politics. I think it's been a few weeks, maybe a month since i've last posted in D.C.

For a reason.

Are there movies that virtue signal? Of ****ing course. Has that ever NOT been the case? And is it a politically motivated, or is it a reflection of our culture?

See, and now you're going through DC withdrawals. Go and purge yourself in the DC. It's the only way

ToxSocks 06-26-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13606688)
See, and now you're going through DC withdrawals. Go and purge yourself in the DC. It's the only way

No thanks. Im doing my best to put that shit behind me.

vailpass 06-26-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13606691)
No thanks. Im doing my best to put that shit behind me.

In that case apologize for bringing this up in here and will now cease.

Just Passin' By 06-26-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13606675)
What a load of BS. Detox broke it down. Its the right wing seeing SJW everywhere in movies.

Does Hollywood slant liberal, of course. But, its been that way longer than you, me and our grandpa's have been alive. Thats nothing new. Taking umbrage when saw through the conservative bent is whats new.

You can't possibly be so ridiculous as to believe that nonsense.

O.city 06-26-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13606491)
Easy there mr. from-the-ghetto. Do you consider Variety to be a right leaning publication?
Here's a cut from their review:

...“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” is a liberal pulp message movie, yet it treats itself with even more sobriety. The dinosaurs, it turns out, have been targeted by Mills to be sold off to the highest bidder — yes, it’s the first cautionary dinosaur-trafficking movie — and at certain points you may find yourself ticking off the themes. Greed gone rampant among the globalized gilded class? Check. The sinister potential of genetic engineering? Check. The need to protect endangered species? Check. The privatizing of military action? Check. The eerie implications of cloning? Check. The danger of weaponized dinosaurs? Check.

I didn’t find any of this stuff especially “fun,” though the cast members certainly treat the political/genetic/social fodder as if it meant something. Chris Pratt tones down the dude factor and exudes a lean-and-mean sincerity...
https://variety.com/2018/film/review...tt-1202829194/

If you disagree with any of the points made feel free to enlighten us but don't cry about facts being pointed out just because it dims your virtue signals.

I would suspect you could go back and do similar breakdowns to a lot of older movies.

I think everyone is seeing what they want to or don't want to see.

BucEyedPea 06-26-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13602493)
Saw the sequel last night. Total crap.

I gettin' tired of sequels. Many aren't even as good as the first and after one sequel the rest are even worse.

ToxSocks 06-26-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13606724)
In that case apologize for bringing this up in here and will now cease.

Not necessary but i appreciate your kindness, good sir.

Just Passin' By 06-26-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13606740)
I would suspect you could go back and do similar breakdowns to a lot of older movies.

Given that the people behind the movies often acknowledge their positions, biases and actions, what you think is provably wrong.

ToxSocks 06-26-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13606796)
Given that the people behind the movies often acknowledge their positions, biases and actions, what you think is provably wrong.

I have no doubt that you can draw political parallels in every movie, tv show or song if you wanted to. Especially you.

O.city 06-26-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13606796)

Probably, wouldn't be the first time.

But in the end, it's a movie. One about dinosaurs. If you're getting political positions or drawing lines from it, well, maybe move on to something else with your time?

Just Passin' By 06-26-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13606817)
Probably, wouldn't be the first time.

But in the end, it's a movie. One about dinosaurs. If you're getting political positions or drawing lines from it, well, maybe move on to something else with your time?

Are you actively trying to be obtuse about this?

O.city 06-26-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13606845)
Are you actively trying to be obtuse about this?

No, not really.

What you're saying is true, that producers, whoever, are doing what you're saying.

I'm saying I'm not going to a Jurrasic Park movie for any kind of political take or impression. I'm going to see the dinosaurs and see what happens.

Prison Bitch 06-26-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13606376)
Can you identify the "Too much SJW" in JP Fallen Kingdom. My feeble mind is too indoctrinated to notice.

Come on dude. You didn't see the politics when they brought the Dino's to the border and Claire squealed "You can't separate Triceratops from their children!!!"

New World Order 06-26-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13606859)
Come on dude. You didn't see the politics when they brought the Dino's to the border and Claire squealed "You can't separate Triceratops from their children!!!"

ROFL

Please tell me this is true.

banecat 06-26-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13606876)
ROFL

Please tell me this is true.

Me too. I may actually go and see it now

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-26-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13605681)
Yes pretty much. Thats why im passing on this one. Just tired of them. They dont advance upon what you just said above. Not sure they can really?

They can't. They and similar films have exhausted those storylines. Don't create dinosaurs, yet people in these movies keep doing it. Dinosaurs aren't friendly, they are killers. I don't see man as the enemy (unless man is recreating these monsters). The scene in one of the sequels where it is revealed our "heroes" swiped the mercenaries' bullets leaving them defenseless against the dinosaurs was horrible but celebrated. Despite the fact those same mercenaries saved the heroes from the dinosaurs.

You are only going to see the theater at this point to watch dinosaurs do shit. So forget the high brow narrative and let dinosaurs wreck stuff.

And I am tired of the evil ex military/mercenary villain. It is cliche as hell. As if many scientists aren't in it for the cash as well.

ToxSocks 06-26-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13606859)

LMAO

Prison Bitch 06-26-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13606194)
But it's relevant to the movie, no? This SJW issue is RAMPANT in Hollywood right now (go venture into the Last Jedi thread if you dare for proof of this) and impacts the films being put out these days, imo. It's an issue worthy of being discussed in these threads.

I just think you don't like what he has to say about it.

Hollyweird and music are dominated by leftists and it's always been that way...and always will. Ever heard the phrase "pissin' in the wind?"

If you can't accept these spaces having liberal messages you'll have to go without. I just ignore them and enjoy them, at least the parts that I can. A world without movies and music would be shit.

Now, sports getting involved in politics? That's new. And it's a bumpy ride for Roger "shitstain" Goodell and his fellow leftists. They're jeopardizing their business model and that's a much better topic to debate than this.

Deberg_1990 06-26-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 13606912)
They can't. They and similar films have exhausted those storylines. Don't create dinosaurs, yet people in these movies keep doing it. Dinosaurs aren't friendly, they are killers. I don't see man as the enemy (unless man is recreating these monsters). The scene in one of the sequels where it is revealed our "heroes" swiped the mercenaries' bullets leaving them defenseless against the dinosaurs was horrible but celebrated. Despite the fact those same mercenaries saved the heroes from the dinosaurs.

You are only going to see the theater at this point to watch dinosaurs do shit. So forget the high brow narrative and let dinosaurs wreck stuff.

And I am tired of the evil ex military/mercenary villain. It is cliche as hell. As if many scientists aren't in it for the cash as well.

It’s the inherent flaw in this film concept. They can’t make anything with depth because all people really want to see are dinosaurs ‘wrecking shit’.

It is what is is. Which is fine if that’s what you like. Not my thing anymore

BucEyedPea 06-26-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 13606912)
They can't. They and similar films have exhausted those storylines....

Speaking of exhausted storylines, your last sentence would be a refreshing change for a storyline—scientists conniving for cash. Something like cash from taxpayers using some alarmist fear-inducing con game. Not something like a Frankenstein movie or a Doctor Moreau though.

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-27-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13607042)
It’s the inherent flaw in this film concept. They can’t make anything with depth because all people really want to see are dinosaurs ‘wrecking shit’.

It is what is is. Which is fine if that’s what you like. Not my thing anymore

I think the room for depth still exists but they aren't going about it in a good method because they have agendas.

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-27-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13607214)
Speaking of exhausted storylines, your last sentence would be a refreshing change for a storyline—scientists conniving for cash. Something like cash from taxpayers using some alarmist fear-inducing con game. Not something like a Frankenstein movie or a Doctor Moreau though.

Thanks.

I will try to put something together. It would be a refreshing change.

Deberg_1990 06-27-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 13608008)
I think the room for depth still exists but they aren't going about it in a good method because they have agendas.

It’s a limited premise and it’s been played out. Dinosaurs are a boring villain beyond creating mass destruction.

CoMoChief 06-28-2018 08:01 AM

I wasnt gonna see JPFK but I was convinced to go with a friend.

****in terrible movie....jfc

Just about as bad as the 2nd JP

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-28-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13608436)
It’s a limited premise and it’s been played out. Dinosaurs are a boring villain beyond creating mass destruction.

I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom but my brother did. He explained the plot. Utter stupidity. At least, the first movie was smart enough to contain the dinosaurs to an island.

Ebolapox 06-28-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13606740)

Lolz confirmation bias for the win/loss, news at 11

Ebolapox 06-28-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13606741)
I gettin' tired of sequels. Many aren't even as good as the first and after one sequel the rest are even worse.

Hot take (/1962)

Ebolapox 06-28-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Speaking of exhausted storylines, your lanst sentence would be a refreshing change for a storyline—scientists conniving for cash. Something like cash from taxpayers using some alarmist fear-inducing con game. Not something like a Frankenstein movie or a Doctor Moreau though.

ROFL

truly rich coming from a righty, scientists are overpaid/connive for cash... sure... how many PhD scientists are unemployed at the moment? Yeah, complex issue but ROFL, next you’ll tell me that CEO’s are underpaid

Bro; if scientists connived for cash they get mbas instead of phds

vailpass 06-28-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 13609218)
ROFL

truly rich coming from a righty, scientists are overpaid/connive for cash... sure... how many PhD scientists are unemployed at the moment? Yeah, complex issue but ROFL, next you’ll tell me that CEO’s are underpaid

Bro; if scientists connived for cash they get mbas instead of phds

Heavy flow month or just having a tough week?

007 06-28-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13606506)
This. For Christ's sake it's everywhere. I realize it will pass just like every other fad but it is currently at ridiculous proportions.

Who the hell is that in your avatar man.

vailpass 06-29-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13610296)
Who the hell is that in your avatar man.

Evan Rachel Wood. Dolores in WestWorld.
Ginger minge extraordinaire.

banecat 06-29-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13610996)
Evan Rachel Wood. Dolores in WestWorld.
Ginger minge extraordinaire.

I love her. She never responds to any of the letters that I write to her

Prison Bitch 06-29-2018 09:23 PM

My kids have all the toys now and won't stop talking about it. Bug me everyday to take them again.

From that standpoint it's a success. Who cares what dorks like us think about "plot holes". By the way has any movie not had a plot hole or two?

BigRedChief 07-02-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13608436)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13609016)
I wasnt gonna see JPFK but I was convinced to go with a friend.

****in terrible movie....jfc

Just about as bad as the 2nd JP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 13609177)
I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom but my brother did. He explained the plot. Utter stupidity. At least, the first movie was smart enough to contain the dinosaurs to an island.

And yet, it’s made $935 million so far.

007 07-03-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13614046)

meh, I don't put much stock in those number anymore when you consider the Transformers franchise.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/f...rs#tab=summary

Hammock Parties 07-03-2018 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13614046)

$ never indicates film quality.

Solo is a better movie than either Jurassic World flick.

YoungTed 07-03-2018 05:18 AM

I have watched a movie last week and I am disappointed.

BigRedChief 07-03-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13614102)
meh, I don't put much stock in those number anymore when you consider the Transformers franchise.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/f...rs#tab=summary

I understand. I'm not equating a Billion$ at the box office = quality. That would be stupid. Being a bad movie is usually a given with these movies.

My point was that even though the movie may suck, they are going to keep making them because they make a Billion$. Transformers, Dinosaurs, Super Heroes, Fast and Furious, The Rock movies are licenses to print money. Executives who green-light version 12 of these movies will still be making money.

I'm sometimes guilty of indulging their cash crush. I like seeing the special effects on the big screen. I have good theaters to chose from and usually go to the cheap time. But, unlike some others who post in the media center forum, I never expect more than good special effects with these type of films. They are what they are.

JD10367 07-04-2018 12:58 PM

OK, I just saw this movie and don’t get all the hate. It’s not “Citizen Kane” by any means but it’s nowhere near as bad as TFA or TLJ or any of the Transformers movies. At least it’s consistent with the style and messages of the previous movies, and doesn’t go totally off the rails like the last two Star Wars films. The special effects were good, the acting was nowhere near as horrible as people are saying, I happen to think Bryce Dallas Howard is very easy on the eyes so she was nice to look at, Chris Pratt was Chris Pratt (I don’t know what people were expecting there)... I’d give it a 6 1/2 out of 10, and I’ve certainly seen much worse movies.

WhawhaWhat 07-05-2018 02:29 PM

Was there anything redeeming about any of the characters in Jurassic World? That was the biggest problem with me. It's a disaster film where I couldn't care less if anyone dies. I literally couldn't wait until Claire died but they didn't do that either.

Rausch 07-07-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13616682)
Was there anything redeeming about any of the characters in Jurassic World?

No.

The hero values the most vapid and psychopathic female in the world and no character has an arc.

I take it back - the woman who got eaten by 3 creatures did. But...well...

Baby Lee 07-09-2018 01:34 PM

Mild NSFW [ie, still clean enough for youtube]

But the title alone is worth it.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D_hOlIC7wso" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 07-09-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13604386)
I always thought she looked kinda weird, like back in the Lady in the Water days. I've warmed up to her look now though. I'd say she's pretty attractive. She was even in a Black Mirror episode and looked pretty fat but I still thought she was pretty good looking.

Lawd hammercy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3ab382db3c.jpg

vailpass 07-09-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13621006)

:D I can see where that would appeal to you guys who like the full-size back side.

BigRedChief 07-09-2018 11:39 PM

Passes $1 BILLION in less than a month.

Halfcan 07-11-2018 09:51 AM

I will give it 3 stars out of 10.

This was the poorest script writing for a movie since...ever. CGI crap fest. This was so bad it should make the Franchise go extinct.

Glad we went on $5.00 night- but still felt ripped off. Bryce Howard is the absolute worst actress I have ever seen. I guess she got the part because she can have her leg torn up by an Endocraptor and still run up three flights of stairs, climb through a window and scale up a roofline and try and save the day with a laser pointer-LOL Next time your leg is shredded-just hold a rag on it to stop the bleeding and you will be fine.

Dumbest plot ever, horrible acting and so many holes in the script a T Rex could run through it. If you have not wasted your money on this- Don't. There is nothing new and most of the movie is implausible and boring with one-dimensional characters spewing the same cliche's we have seen a hundred times.

A blood transfusion for a raptor-LMAO So dumb.

You know the acting is bad when you are rooting for the dinosaurs to kill them.

This movie made Batman VS. Superman look like a Classic.

TERRIBLE!

BigRedChief 07-11-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13623535)

This was the poorest script writing for a movie since...ever. CGI crap fest. This was so bad it should make the Franchise go extinct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13621894)
Passes $1 BILLION in less than a month.

Billion$ says make more please.:)

Hammock Parties 07-11-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13616682)
Was there anything redeeming about any of the characters in Jurassic World? That was the biggest problem with me. It's a disaster film where I couldn't care less if anyone dies. I literally couldn't wait until Claire died but they didn't do that either.

Who cares?

The point of the movie is to watch dinosaurs doin' stuff.

That's the point of every ****ing Jurassic Park movie.

****ing nimrods.

BWillie 07-16-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Glad we went on $5.00 night- but still felt ripped off. Bryce Howard is the absolute worst actress I have ever seen. I guess she got the part because she can have her leg torn up by an Endocraptor and still run up three flights of stairs, climb through a window and scale up a roofline and try and save the day with a laser pointer-LOL Next time your leg is shredded-just hold a rag on it to stop the bleeding and you will be fine.

Dumbest plot ever, horrible acting and so many holes in the script a T Rex could run through it. If you have not wasted your money on this- Don't. There is nothing new and most of the movie is implausible and boring with one-dimensional characters spewing the same cliche's we have seen a hundred times.

A blood transfusion for a raptor-LMAO So dumb.

This movie made Batman VS. Superman look like a Classic.

TERRIBLE!

If you didn't know it was CGI, you wouldn't know it was CGI.

BigRedChief 07-17-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Dumbest plot ever, horrible acting and so many holes in the script a T Rex could run through it.

Who goes to a dinosaur movie or doesn't go based up on the acting or script?

kepp 07-17-2018 09:21 AM

I saw it last week with the wife. It was mind bottlingly awful. I don't see this type of movie for the acting, but when the acting is THAT bad, its hard not to notice.

BigRedChief 07-18-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 13632170)
I saw it last week with the wife. It was mind bottlingly awful. I don't see this type of movie for the acting, but when the acting is THAT bad, its hard not to notice.

Yet. somehow its passed $1.2 billion and will pass Blank Panther for the 2 highest money making movie this year before its done. Only Infininty War with its $2 billion+ will make more this year.

Just like "The Rock" movies, no matter how bad they are, they are a license to print money for the studios.

FYI, the Rock made $124 million as an actor last year according to Forbes.

Just Passin' By 07-18-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13634085)
Yet. somehow its passed $1.2 billion and will pass Blank Panther for the 2 highest money making movie this year before its done. Only Infininty War with its $2 billion+ will make more this year.

Just like "The Rock" movies, no matter how bad they are, they are a license to print money for the studios.

FYI, the Rock made $124 million as an actor last year according to Forbes.

The Rock has had his share of movies that underperformed or bombed for the studios.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/...or&id=rock.htm

Also, the first Jurassic trilogy showed big drops from one movie to the next.

Prison Bitch 07-22-2018 07:23 PM

Can't understand why cp hates this movie. Man alive they're sooo much better than the originals. The scene where the island is faling to the volcano and they're all rushing into the sea - how can you not say that's great filmmaking?

"Well um durr, it was a whodunit with a special effect focus with a blah blah blah". Who gives a shit? What possible plot would you find interesting?

My 8 year old has dragged me to it 3x now. (Thank you Cinemalr for $5 matinee prices). Carries his toy Jurassic Dinos in and holds them during the movie. Funny how 40 year old losers think they're entitled to A Few Good Men or something

BWillie 07-30-2018 01:15 PM

Reasonably good movie. Lots of good dino fights. I was disappointed by the lack of Jeff Goldblum. He better be in it in a huge way in the 3rd installment.

Prison Bitch 07-30-2018 01:24 PM

Goldblum should be visously killed off. After being ass raped by a triceratops

Saw r again 3rd time sat. These JW are so sweet. They're entertaining as hell.

BWillie 07-30-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13650497)
Goldblum should be visously killed off. After being ass raped by a triceratops

Saw r again 3rd time sat. These JW are so sweet. They're entertaining as hell.

He's a weird annoying dude, but I just want to see him for nostalgic reasons. Chris Pratt owns, though.

Prison Bitch 07-30-2018 04:09 PM

He certainly does