ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs "All-star" officiating crew for Rams-Chiefs game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318945)

displacedinMN 11-20-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13906566)
And he took off his helmet while in the middle of the field in front of a ref and no call. That's a 15 yarder

Duane Rudd Agrees

Eleazar 11-20-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13906772)
I am not a conspiracy theorist and really the only game that I have a major problem with was the Pats game. There is no way in hell you can go through an entire NFL game, one where holding happens on every play, and not get a single penalty.

I just want consistency and fairness, either it call it for both teams or don't call it all.

Guess what? The chiefs didn't get called for holding in the New England game either.

In fact, there were only 7 accepted penalties in that game, TOTAL. It was a pretty clean game. That was our least penalized game of the season, and it was theirs too. We had 5 and they had 2. That's not an outlandish difference.

Does the fact that the most penalized team in the league also only had 5 penalties in that game tell you something? The crew swallowed their whistles for most of it.

Yeah, I get that people remember John Madden saying that holding happens on every play, but show us all the holds, and then show us the same types of holds from the same games that were called on the Chiefs. Obviously, no one can do that for the Pats game, because it didn't happen.

Nobody ever does this because the arguments about massive NFL conspiracies to keep the Chiefs - the team with the biggest young star player who is tearing up the league and driving TV ratings, mind you - down where they belong, are all based on "Well if we got more than them it wasn't fair!"

It's like talking to little kids. His piece of cake is bigger than mine. No fair.

dlphg9 11-20-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13906855)
Yeah, we're supposed to believe that the NFL has these refs out there cheating and fixing games to supposedly increase NFL profits, while they pay them peanuts for a part-time gig less than 20 days out of the year. Makes sense, right?

They make 173,000 a year lol

DJ's left nut 11-20-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13906573)
So the Chiefs lost last night because of the officials?

The tight officiating on the DBs early in the game absolutely changed how our CBs played, yes.

Nelson and Scandrick are physical corners. They're not guys who are going to run with Woods or Cooks; they're guys who are going to succeed by getting into their bodies and muddying them up.

You have a crew out there that's willing to let physical play slide and Nelson and Scandrick will be MUCH more effective. That's how they've been effective all season; crews just don't call games that tight. This crew felt the need to play to their 'All-Star' status, IMO. They felt the need to call this game extremely tight, especially in the secondary. They wanted to be noticed, IMO.

That was especially damaging for our #2 and #3 CBs, IMO. Fuller, OTOH, has the physical skills to run with guys and I think he played a much more effective game than the other 2.

I think the outcome would've absolutely been different had the game been called differently. I also think the game would've been much different had basic shit like false starts from Havenstein been called.

So yes, the officiating was absolutely a factor in the outcome of the game. The sole determining factor? No, probably not. But another brick in the wall for sure.

staylor26 11-20-2018 02:03 PM

Somebody mentioned it last night, but it sure is funny how we raerely get illegal contact, defensive holding, or PI with the weapons we have.

I guess teams are just doing THAT good of a job against the toughest group to cover in the league.

:rolleyes:

Eleazar 11-20-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13906910)
Somebody mentioned it last night, but it sure is funny how we raerely get illegal contact, defensive holding, or PI with the weapons we have.

I guess teams are just doing THAT good of a job against the toughest group to cover in the league.

:rolleyes:

Chiefs opponents have been called for 5 DPIs and 4 defensive holdings, which is higher than league average.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 02:07 PM

We have the best skill players in the NFL, so duh...

staylor26 11-20-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13906918)
Chiefs opponents have been called for 5 DPIs and 4 defensive holdings, which is higher than league average.

Given the fact that we’re 8th in passing attempts and we have a ridiculous set of weapons and a QB that make you defend the entire field this means jack shit. It’s not surprising we’d have more than the league average. If we didn’t, then it would be REALLY obvious.

Eleazar 11-20-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13906925)
Given the fact that we’re 8th in passing attempts and we have a ridiculous set of weapons and a QB that make you defend the entire field this means jack shit. It’s not surprising we’d have more than the league average.

They got more than us. Most not have been fair. Conspiracy!

RunKC 11-20-2018 02:15 PM

Nobody can hold Tyreek. He’s so ****ing fast you can’t even get hands on the guy.

staylor26 11-20-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13906928)
They got more than us. Most not have been fair. Conspiracy!

Go **** your mother pillowbiter

I don’t think there’s a grand conspiracy, but I also am not naive enough to believe it was a just a big ****ing coincidence that the home team in a big market got biased officating from a last min All-Star ref crew while the media played up the “rallying around the community” narrative after the tragedies they’ve suffered.

You couldn’t write this shit up any better the way everything played out. Me and Detoxing literally called this happening in the GDT before the game. I guess it’s all just on big ****ing coincidence though like I said.

DJJasonp 11-20-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13906892)
Guess what? The chiefs didn't get called for holding in the New England game either.

In fact, there were only 7 accepted penalties in that game, TOTAL. It was a pretty clean game. That was our least penalized game of the season, and it was theirs too. We had 5 and they had 2. That's not an outlandish difference.

Does the fact that the most penalized team in the league also only had 5 penalties in that game tell you something? The crew swallowed their whistles for most of it.

Yeah, I get that people remember John Madden saying that holding happens on every play, but show us all the holds, and then show us the same types of holds from the same games that were called on the Chiefs. Obviously, no one can do that for the Pats game, because it didn't happen.

Nobody ever does this because the arguments about massive NFL conspiracies to keep the Chiefs - the team with the biggest young star player who is tearing up the league and driving TV ratings, mind you - down where they belong, are all based on "Well if we got more than them it wasn't fair!"

It's like talking to little kids. His piece of cake is bigger than mine. No fair.

It's not so much volume, but timing, as it relates to penalties.

Technically, New England had zero penalties (since neither were consequential, and therefore, we declined them).

The penalty yards in that game were 58 - 0

All you have to watch is last year's New England playoff game versus JAX to see and understand how timing of flags is WAY more important than volume.

(Same for PITT/JAX and DEN/LAC this pas weekend)

DJ's left nut 11-20-2018 02:33 PM

The Rams got more favorable officiating last night; no real way to argue it. The league office had to get involved to flip two plays that were just blatantly wrong.

If you want to say that the refs buckled under the weight of the home crowd, that's fine. I'm not saying their motives were malevolent or there was some sinister fix in. The replay offices aren't prone to being influenced by the crowd since they aren't there so they were ultimately able to get those calls right. But that doesn't mean that the officials on the field weren't and I believe they absolutely were.

Combine that with their predisposition towards living up to the 'All-Star' status and getting themselves involved in the game early, and I think the officials absolutely impacted that football game.

Let's go ahead and shelve the 'all-star' crews, M'kay, NFL?

TribalElder 11-20-2018 02:43 PM

Today the sports talk people were absolutely jerking off to the fire victim rally performed by the mighty rams

we never had a chance once they moved that game in my opinion

Also, whitlocks show got blocked today for girls soccer ROFL

they didn't want to hear about officiating issues on tv LMAO

Beef Supreme 11-20-2018 03:46 PM

Did the ref wink at Goff after ****ing us over? You damn right he did.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6227051-v...creamed-at-him

Imon Yourside 11-20-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13906758)
"Didn't see it" Fish and Cochise in unison...

Not surprising at all, at the forefront of wrong on just about everything.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2018 04:18 PM

Here's that block in the back call:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love the design but block in the back is frustrating <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JacobsEyeInTheSky?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JacobsEyeInTheSky</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ag8uYfwf4H">pic.twitter.com/Ag8uYfwf4H</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1065001636786053120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tell me that's not ticky tack as ****. Harris does a really nice job getting into the second level and getting right into the chest of Barron, who's a damn athletic linebacker (former safety). He initiates contact and takes him out of the hole. Barron, while engaged, turns his body. Harris had started finishing his block as Barron rotates and then tries to disengage.

The 'All Star Crew' felt the need to make their presence known in that game but the block had no bearing on the play. Harris had sealed that lane and Barron turned. Jacobs comes down hard on Harris in that clip and I think he's just wrong. That's a common occurrence on those 2nd level blocks and the fact that Barron made a bizarre rotation away from the run rather than try to fight through the block shouldn't yield a penalty on Harris. Barron effectively took himself out of the play through that little maneuver and was rewarded for it.

It was a weak-ass call on our first offensive play of the game. It turned a 17 yard run into a 10 yard loss and effectively killed the drive.

The refs set a tone for that game early and it was NOT one that was favorable for the Chiefs on the road. That's unfortunate.

Easy 6 11-20-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13907177)
Not surprising at all, at the forefront of wrong on just about everything.

This is how guys like Cochise and Fish act about everything, not just football

They like to envision themselves lording over everyone from on high, omniscient... they're two of the biggest ****ing windbags on this board

displacedinMN 11-20-2018 04:21 PM

Calishaw on Around the Horn just said he is not a fan of 'all star' crews in the playoffs.
Should be best crews for playoff games.

O.city 11-20-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13907186)
Here's that block in the back call:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love the design but block in the back is frustrating <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JacobsEyeInTheSky?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JacobsEyeInTheSky</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ag8uYfwf4H">pic.twitter.com/Ag8uYfwf4H</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1065001636786053120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tell me that's not ticky tack as ****. Harris does a really nice job getting into the second level and getting right into the chest of Barron, who's a damn athletic linebacker (former safety). He initiates contact and takes him out of the hole. Barron, while engaged, turns his body. Harris had started finishing his block as Barron rotates and then tries to disengage.

The 'All Star Crew' felt the need to make their presence known in that game but the block had no bearing on the play. Harris had sealed that lane and Barron turned. Jacobs comes down hard on Harris in that clip and I think he's just wrong. That's a common occurrence on those 2nd level blocks and the fact that Barron made a bizarre rotation away from the run rather than try to fight through the block shouldn't yield a penalty on Harris. Barron effectively took himself out of the play through that little maneuver and was rewarded for it.

It was a weak-ass call on our first offensive play of the game. It turned a 17 yard run into a 10 yard loss and effectively killed the drive.

The refs set a tone for that game early and it was NOT one that was favorable for the Chiefs on the road. That's unfortunate.

That was ticky tack. ****.

Staylor, you were right.

staylor26 11-20-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13907195)
That was ticky tack. ****.

Staylor, you were right.

Thank you we’re friends again :D

Deberg_1990 11-20-2018 05:47 PM

That fumble and TD they had to review and overturn was horseshit. I mean, how do you miss the call on that to begin with? It’s was very obvious Mahomes arm was going forward. It wasn’t even close to a fumble.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13907352)
That fumble and TD they had to review and overturn was horseshit. I mean, how do you miss the call on that to begin with? It’s was very obvious Mahomes arm was going forward. It wasn’t even close to a fumble.

The officials were rattled by the crowd.

It wasn't malevolent but it was incompetent and it was to our detriment.

Imon Yourside 11-20-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13907371)

It wasn't malevolent but it was incompetent and it was to our detriment.

Like the female ref in the Browns game picking up the flag for illegal block in the back when it obviously happened. The crowd boo'd so loud they picked it up and announced there is no penalty for illegal block in the back cuz crowd r pissed.

staylor26 11-20-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13907376)
Like the female ref in the Browns game picking up the flag for illegal block in the back when it obviously happened. The crowd boo'd so loud they picked it up and announced there is no penalty for illegal block in the back cuz crowd r pissed.

That bitch was being influenced by the Browns sideline all ****ing game.

stevieray 11-20-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13907371)

Expound, please.

RunKC 11-20-2018 06:17 PM

I think that was a block in the back and I have no idea why Harris would do that since his initial block took Barron out of the play?

As for the Tyreek flag, I don’t see a problem there bc he was looking right at the defender when he did it.

Last thing was when Andy got heated over the Chris Jones tip. I don’t expect the officials to get that one very often. That did not look like a tipped ball in live action. Perfect use for the challenge flag to change the call.

What pissed me off the most were a few non calls:

The false start non-call on Whitworth was bullshit.
Suh should have had a personal foul called on his ass for that bullshit punch/headlock.
Peters should have been called for taking his helmet off.
There was a DL who was held like a mother****er on one of Goff’s big plays right in front of the refs. It was right in the middle of the field. Think it was Xavier Williams who was held.

ghak99 11-20-2018 06:18 PM

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fthealmightypaco%2Fposts%2F10156998574429835&width=500 " width="500" height="292" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Randallflagg 11-20-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 13907416)
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fthealmightypaco%2Fposts%2F10156998574429835&width=500 " width="500" height="292" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Well.... at least someone watched the same game that I did..... :)

DJ's left nut 11-20-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13907392)
Expound, please.

They let a pro Rams crowd encourage them to make calls in favor of the home team. They got caught up in the moment. It happens often in basketball but occasionally in football. 100,000 seat stadium and a game devolving into a trackmeet....yeah the crowd got to them.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 06:27 PM

That and games are steered a certain way to achieve a desired result

stevieray 11-20-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13907422)
They let a pro Rams crowd encourage them to make calls in favor of the home team. They got caught up in the moment. It happens often in basketball but occasionally in football. 100,000 seat stadium and a game devolving into a trackmeet....yeah the crowd got to them.

:shake:

stevieray 11-20-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13907427)
That and games are steered a certain way to achieve a desired result

...big gains negated.

srvy 11-20-2018 06:48 PM

The NFL sure does some stupid stuff. Now the teams that get that regular crew considered not worthy for the marquee monday night game what are they to think lol. Those teams this weekend should refuse the shit crew that wasn't considered good enough.

BlackOp 11-20-2018 06:59 PM

Once the match-up left Mexico...The NFL decided to make it a home tribute game for the victims. Once this was decided, they put together a hand-picked crew to ensure the game had the desired outcome. There was no reason to put a custom crew together...and the first time they have ever done it. Suspicious?

They manufactured a football game into some Hollywood "feel good" story with a happy ending.

I called this shit from a mile away...and it played exactly like i said.

Chiefs got the hurricane Katrina treatment...coupled with two LA teams in the post-season hunt.

I've never seen that amount of flags thrown against a visiting team...to start a game, in 40+ years of watching football. It was very "off"....the refs came out of the gate ready to bury the Chiefs. It not a coincidence that KC was the #1 scoring team in the 1st quarter...refs didn't waste any time getting LA a 13-0 lead.

The refs are going to be in a state of confusion in that Sunday night Chargers/Steelers game...they wont know who to cheat for. My guess is the Chargers...we might actually witness the Steerlers o-line get a holding call.

philfree 11-20-2018 07:16 PM

Did we every get another angle on the long pass completion by the Rams that lead to their next to last TD? You know the one where it looked like the ball hit the ground.

GloryDayz 11-20-2018 07:20 PM

This all-star crew is what had me change the channel ~4 minutes into the game.

Rain Man 11-20-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 13907494)
Did we every get another angle on the long pass completion by the Rams that lead to their next to last TD? You know the one where it looked like the ball hit the ground.

Yeah. It hit the ground.

philfree 11-20-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13907521)
Yeah. It hit the ground.

I was looking for some confirming video evidence. That's a huge blown call.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13907435)
:shake:

Insightful of you.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13907472)
Once the match-up left Mexico...The NFL decided to make it a home tribute game for the victims. Once this was decided, they put together a hand-picked crew to ensure the game had the desired outcome. There was no reason to put a custom crew together...and the first time they have ever done it. Suspicious?

They manufactured a football game into some Hollywood "feel good" story with a happy ending.

Chiefs got the hurricane Katrina treatment...coupled with two LA teams in the post-season hunt.

I've never seen that amount of flags thrown against a visiting team...to start a game, in 40+ years of watching football. It was very "off"....the refs came out of the gate ready to bury the Chiefs. It not a coincidence that KC was the #1 scoring team in the 1st quarter...refs didn't waste any time getting LA a 13-0 lead.

The refs are going to be in a state of confusion in that Sunday night Chargers/Steelers game...they wont know who to cheat for. My guess is the Chargers...we might actually witness the Steerlers o-line get a holding call.

Spot on. As usual.

Spott 11-20-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13907472)

We win this game easily if it was played in Mexico City.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13907189)
This is how guys like Cochise and Fish act about everything, not just football

They like to envision themselves lording over everyone from on high, omniscient... they're two of the biggest ****ing windbags on this board.

Searching their posts proves your statement as fact, logic is sound.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13907567)

Or in Kansas City.

Imon Yourside 11-20-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13907576)
Or in Kansas City.

Or in London.

Bugeater 11-20-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Can't help but wonder if that's why the NFL conveniently ignored the condition of the field in Mexico City until less than a week before the game.

OH GEE NO TIME TO FIX IT GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO MOVE THE GAME TO LA

Red Dawg 11-20-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

I agree. The entire broadcast was for LA relief funds.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13907593)
Can't help but wonder if that's why the NFL conveniently ignored the condition of the field in Mexico City until less than a week before the game.

OH GEE NO TIME TO FIX IT GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO MOVE THE GAME TO LA

You kidding me?

People are gullible as **** if they think there wasn't enough time to resod that field.

stevieray 11-20-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13907558)
Insightful of you.

that was disappointment in the crew, not disapproval of your explanation.

my apologies..

GloryDayz 11-20-2018 09:41 PM

If the NFL wants to clear things up, NFL officials need to be dealt with publically.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13907676)
If the NFL wants to clear things up, NFL officials need to be dealt with publically.

Give them each Haglunds..

dj56dt58 11-20-2018 09:59 PM

If we get hma the crowds need to be as intimidating as ever..the officials need to fear for their lives or they will **** KC over in the post season too just like last year

GloucesterChief 11-20-2018 10:00 PM

If that was an all-star crew then 90%+ for the refs need to be sacked.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 10:06 PM

That was an embarrassing quarter of football. Basically a flag on EVERY play against KC. I've never seen anything like it

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13907676)

Umm...the NFL doesn't want to clear anything up, but they do want to remind you that season tickets for your favorite team will go fast, so start saving now.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13907708)
That was an embarrassing quarter of football. Basically a flag on EVERY play against KC. I've never seen anything like it

Well...the Chiefs are the first team to score 50 points and lose, so it was a game full of "finding new and unusual ways to achieve the same result."

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13907702)

Unless they did exactly as their employer (and the voice in their earpieces) instructed them to do.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 13907699)
If we get hma the crowds need to be as intimidating as ever..the officials need to fear for their lives or they will **** KC over in the post season too just like last year

Wasn't it Cleveland/Jax where the refs got pelted with beer bottles, batteries, and random whatever because of their awful officiating?

Stay classy, Cleveland.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-20-2018 10:18 PM

The all star crew was brought in to make sure this poor smog breathers went home happy. No doubt about it.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13907731)
The all star crew was brought in to make sure this poor smog breathers went home happy. No doubt about it.

The Porn Star Crew.

Sucking off LA while ****ing the Chiefs in the ass, porn-style.

DJ's left nut 11-20-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13907667)
that was disappointment in the crew, not disapproval of your explanation.

my apologies..

{Tips cap}

-King- 11-20-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13907422)

I agree 100%. They got slightly better as the game went on but the first quarter was ****ing terrible. I'm not even one to complain about refs.

I think that's why getting HFA will be so important. If officials can be swayed by Rams fans, just think of what a rocking Arrowhead crowd will do to them. They'll be scared to death to bullshit us.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 11-20-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13907702)

Officiating will always be terrible. That's what happens in a game played as fast and as complex as football. Add in their own biases, and things like home crowds and you get what we have today. No matter who they hire, it will always be bad. The only thing we can hope for is that officiating is bad across the board.
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13907771)
I agree 100%. They got slightly better as the game went on but the first quarter was ****ing terrible. I'm not even one to complain about refs.

I think that's why getting HFA will be so important. If officials can be swayed by Rams fans, just think of what a rocking Arrowhead crowd will do to them. They'll be scared to death to bullshit us.
Posted via Mobile Device

They were swayed by the NFL and the "LA Agenda", don't get it twisted.

The league manipulates calls to favor a specific outcome.

The refs didn't get 'swept up by the RamzFanz mass hysteria'

They did what the voice in those earpieces told them to do.

Don't forget that.

rabblerouser 11-20-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13907775)
Officiating will always be terrible. That's what happens in a game played as fast and as complex as football. Add in their own biases, and things like home crowds and you get what we have today. No matter who they hire, it will always be bad. The only thing we can hope for is that officiating is bad across the board.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're rationalizing the manipulation.

suzzer99 11-21-2018 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13907782)
They were swayed by the NFL and the "LA Agenda", don't get it twisted.

The league manipulates calls to favor a specific outcome.

The refs didn't get 'swept up by the RamzFanz mass hysteria'

They did what the voice in those earpieces told them to do.

Don't forget that.

I don't think Goodell ever had to tell them anything. They just knew what was expected of them, and what they'd better do if they want to remain on the "all star" crew.

I still want to know how that all star status is designated. If Goodell has any input over ref promotions or perks, it's a clear chance for him to wield influence - again without ever even saying it out loud.

Did Goodell get the ref fired earlier this year (another unprecedented move)? Nothing sends a message like firing someone every now and then.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13907827)
I don't think Goodell ever had to tell them anything. They just knew what was expected of them, and what they'd better do if they want to remain on the "all star" crew.

I still want to know how that all star status is designated. If Goodell has any input over ref promotions or perks, it's a clear chance for him to wield influence - again without ever even saying it out loud.

Did Goodell get the ref fired earlier this year (another unprecedented move)? Nothing sends a message like firing someone every now and then.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...oodell-2013-10

Goodell the Dictator always got something up his sleeve.

Quote:

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs says NFL commissioner Roger Goodell "had a hand" in the power outage that delayed the Super Bowl for 34 minutes last February.

The Ravens were up 28-6 in the third quarter when the lights at the Superdome in New Orleans went out. The 49ers went on a furious comeback when play resumed, narrowing the gap to 28-23 before Baltimore pulled away for good.

Suggs told ESPN that the blackout was a ploy:

"I was like Vegas, parlor tricks, you know what I mean? I was like, ahh, Roger Goodell, he never stops, he always has something up his sleeve. He just couldn't let us have this one in a landslide, huh?
"I thought he had a hand in it. Most definitely, he had a hand in it."
Officials said a shoddy relay - a device designed to protect the building from a power failure - caused the outage.

Suggs isn't the first Raven to call it a conspiracy.

Last month ESPN's Ray Lewis told an NFL Films documentary that it can't see how the blackout wasn't pre-planned:

"... You cannot tell me somebody wasn't sitting there and when they say, 'The Ravens (are) about to blow them out. Man, we better do something.' ... That's a huge shift in any game, in all seriousness. And as you see how huge it was because it let them right back in the game."

The main takeaway here is that players don't trust Goodell. Since he became commissioner he has had an antagonistic relationship with players. When they view him as dictator who abuses his own power, conspiracies like this are going to inevitably pop up.

HemiEd 11-21-2018 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13906939)
Go **** your mother pillowbiter

I don’t think there’s a grand conspiracy, but I also am not naive enough to believe it was a just a big ****ing coincidence that the home team in a big market got biased officating from a last min All-Star ref crew while the media played up the “rallying around the community” narrative after the tragedies they’ve suffered.

You couldn’t write this shit up any better the way everything played out. Me and Detoxing literally called this happening in the GDT before the game. I guess it’s all just on big ****ing coincidence though like I said.

Yep, and don't forget to be nice so Santa can bring you some nice things down the chimney for Christmas.

HemiEd 11-21-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13907722)
Umm...the NFL doesn't want to clear anything up, but they do want to remind you that season tickets for your favorite team will go fast, so start saving now.

Oh and don't miss out on the 25% off on all NFL gear with free shipping that ends today, everyday, as there is a new sale everyday. Get it now before it is all gone.

007 11-21-2018 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13907919)
Oh and don't miss out on the 25% off on all NFL gear with free shipping that ends today, everyday, as there is a new sale everyday. Get it now before it is all gone.

I see I'm not the only one getting tired of those emails. LMAO

HemiEd 11-21-2018 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13907921)
I see I'm not the only one getting tired of those emails. LMAO

ROFL You would think they would take a break for a few days just to create some kind of legitimacy to the sales.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13907919)

ROFL

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13907922)
ROFL You would think they would take a break for a few days just to create some kind of legitimacy to the sales.

I don't think the NFL even cares about creating the illusion of legitimacy, on any level.

RunKC 11-21-2018 09:17 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My favorite part was the crew spotting the ball at the 12 for the <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chiefs</a>’ final drive after the ball had been returned to the 15, plain as day. Who needs three yards when you’re trying to get into FG range late? <a href="https://t.co/N8b83ekRKL">https://t.co/N8b83ekRKL</a></p>&mdash; Mike Sando, ESPN.com (@SandoESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/1065259020821221376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I looked back on the DVR and this is 100% true. What in the ****?

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13908104)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My favorite part was the crew spotting the ball at the 12 for the <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chiefs</a>’ final drive after the ball had been returned to the 15, plain as day. Who needs three yards when you’re trying to get into FG range late? <a href="https://t.co/N8b83ekRKL">https://t.co/N8b83ekRKL</a></p>&mdash; Mike Sando, ESPN.com (@SandoESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/1065259020821221376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The NFL doesn't respect its fans enough to count that high.

The guy in the earpiece told the ref to spot it there.

Amazing, how NY will buzz in and call for a review or even flat out overturn bad calls that go against their agenda, but somehow, in the most hyped regular season game EVER, with no other distractions and the entire football world watching...NY office lets ALL THIS SHIT go uncalled.

How would any reasonable, free-thinking adult NOT think this shit is rigged, is what I need to know.

staylor26 11-21-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

They also gave us a terrible spot on one of Tyreek’s catches. He clearly got the 1st and they spotted him a full yard short. We converted, but that was another potential ****ening.

Like I said, it was the worst/most biased officiating I’ve ever seen in my life.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Agree with us yet?

BryanBusby 11-21-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13908214)
Agree with us yet?

But but but Andy Reid!

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13908146)

Like I said, it was the worst/most biased officiating I’ve ever seen in my life.

Um...that playoff game vs Titans was pretty biased.

"Forward progress" being the most egregious example.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13908215)
But but but Andy Reid!

ROFL

Andy went full Reidtard at the precise moment the Chiefs needed him to not go Full Reidtard.