ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please delete my account... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74626)

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M
Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.

Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.

Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.

ROFL You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

Seriously ... I'm curious to know why all of the back lash.

MM
~~:shrug:

I'm_hoping_the_key_board_problem_will_be_fixed_today,_at_which_time_I_will_respond_to_this.

Just_too_much_to_say_with_this_type_of_posting_technique.

Otter 11-10-2003 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays.

Denise,

Give it a break.

I could make you look foolish if I posted the whole exchange between me and Tac0. But you know what, its none of your business.

All you know about the situation is exactly what he wants you to know and your playing right into his hands.

But on another level I think you just need a reason to practice your "I am woman, hear me roar" charade.

By the way if it makes you feel better to kick me while I'm down, by all means, pile on. ZZZ

MrBlond 11-10-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Thank you, Jim.

And in light of the fact that Otter admitted that he used the term to get a reaction knowing full well that Taco has been pubically sensitive to the use of his heritage it is disingenuous to turn around and claim lack of intent after the fact.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs (oddly enough, Otter is not even the worst so it's amusing to see him come under fire) or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...

Racial slurs happen almost daily on the planet? I'm missing them.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Thank you, Jim.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...

She_complains_about_how_bad_this_place_is_yet_she_continues_to_show_up.:rolleyes:

chief52 11-10-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Thank you, Jim.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...

Because individuals on this board may act in one way or another...racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women...does not mean the board has lost its sense of decency IMO. The words written by each individual are totally their thoughts, not the thoughts of the board. The VAST majority of the individuals on this board are decent and polite. You are always going to find rogue individuals in any large group.

Logical 11-10-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
You do realize your vague references are generally lost on the majority, kind of like Dennis Miller. Unlike Miller, at least you are funny.

:shake: Bagging on Dennis Miller is a crime, easily one of the three funniest men in entertainment.

Simplex3 11-10-2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

Actually, considering that it was only 40 years ago that stuff like that was happening, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people still around that remember that. Maybe not on this BBs considering that a vast majority on here are white men, but there are still plenty of people left who can remember it.

Those who do remember would tell you that reverse discrimination is as bad as the original. The people in society today advocating the reverse discrimination program (affirmitive action) never experienced true discrimination.

Quote:

ROFL You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most.

Here's your problem, summed up in one paragraph. Blacks not being involved in something is NOT necessarily discrimination. I'm not racist or discriminatory, I hate everyone equally. However, I don't hang out with any black people. So, I must be a racist by your standards. PS, how many white actors on "The Hugelys", Damon Wayon's show, etc. Not very many. They must be racist, too.

Quote:

How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

12.5% of NFL head coaches are black. Blacks make up 15% of the US population. If you add one more black head coach in the NFL you would have 15.625% which would be over-representation. Do you really want quotas? Close to 70% of the players in the NFL are black. We better start firing a bunch of them and get some expensive program to help improve white's football skills...

Quote:

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO
I do wonder, why all of the white backlash lately? Seriously ... in the last 40 years minorities have made great strides, and now that they're finally getting some power, the white male is suddenly the victim? Why is that? Do some of you feel threatened? Is it that now that the tables are turned you see the problems with racism and exclusion and don't like it? Is it that now that you're the target of jokes and being treated differently that it's not okay anymore? Or is it simply the double standard?

MM
~~:shrug:.

How about the white guys who are passed up every year for medical school for a lesser qualified black? What about law school? For every less-achieving student that is let in under some program, a higher achieving student is left out. How about the contracts white small business owners don't get because of the tax breaks the customer can get by hiring minority owned small businesses? We didn't fight it until now because 1) we were being a bunch of pussies, exactly what the culture was telling us to be and 2) it has swung too far the other way, they're no longer equal they're superior. Until affirmitive action is killed whites ARE discriminated against.

BIG_DADDY 11-10-2003 12:05 PM

Quote:

Where did I say that it didn't make me PC? Must've missed that.

Then I guess you should've had thicker skin, right? I mean, it shouldn't matter what someone calls you--you should just ignore it.

ROFL You're kidding me, right? How many TV shows on national networks feature whites as the main or only characters (i.e. Friends)? Most. How many coaches in the NFL and MLB (the two biggest sports), are white? A HUGE majority. How many CEO's of Fortune 500 companies are white? Almost all of them.

I agree that affirmative action (job quotas, school quotas, etc.) are ridiculous and should be done away with. But a white guy trying to play the victim is way off IMHO.

MM
~~:shrug:

I still bet not one person on this BB has been subject to that.

As far as me having thicker skin goes I do, remember.

As far as TV goes give me a break. Nobody is more PC than TV. They are the ones that feel it's OK to promote the gay agenda and crack white jokes. If I was from outter space and watched TV I would think that 25% of the males on this planet are gay for gods sake. As far as coaches go or Fotune 500 companie everyone is going to pick the person they feel is best qualified. I don't hear you bitchen about needing more white running backs. The most qualified people should always get the job. On that same note my last employer gave me a promotion to regional director and had to take it back from me because there was a women that was threatening to sue them if she wasn't promoted before me because she hired me. He told me they knew I had outperformed her BIG TIME since being in the company but they had no women that high up in the company and fighting a lawsuit from her could prove costly. I told him not to worry about and do what he had to. I didn't cry about it and play the victim, it's just the way it was. If I wanted to change things I should work for myself. That's exactly what I do now.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:10 PM

Man this thread seems like a white pride convention.

edit /K edit /K edit/K

ROYC75 11-10-2003 12:20 PM

Can't believe you guys are still letting this thing harp along.......

Let it go, so many people, so many opinions.

the Talking Can 11-10-2003 12:20 PM

the notion that white people are victims in this country and minorities are oppressors is simply beyond absurdity..waaaay beyond absurd, but its been the Gospel as preached by Flush Rimbaugh...it is usually found very close to the belief that poor people oppress rich people...bedrock conservative principles...

Mark M 11-10-2003 12:20 PM

You know, all I was trying to do in the thread was say that it's sad when racism is tolerated, no matter whom it's directed towards.

Instead, I basically get flamed, essentially told that the white man is being oppressed and given meaningless stats (um, having 12% of coaches in the NFL means nothing when there are only 32 teams, Simplex3. If you think that's truly representative, then I feel for you).

But I've learned a lot about some of the people on this BBs. Thanks for the insight.
<DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaporizerMan
Man this thread seems like a white pride convention.

J/K J/K

shouldn't there be another k and a few less j's? ;)

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:23 PM

Okay now let's all drink our sleepytime tea.

I know I'm ready for a nap.

Mark M 11-10-2003 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
the notion that white people are victims in this country and minorities are oppressors is simply beyond absurdity..waaaay beyond absurd, but its been the Gospel as preached by Flush Rimbaugh...it is usually found very close to the belief that poor people oppress rich people...bedrock conservative principles...

Considering the nature of this BBs, that shouldn't be too surprising ...

MM
~~:shake:

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlond
Racial slurs happen almost daily on the planet? I'm missing them.

I said racial slurs or obscene remarks regarding women...the word b*tch is thrown around here like it's 'and'. And often not even in response to me...go figure. :hmmm:

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:26 PM

Quote:

shouldn't there be another k and a few less j's? ;)

Look up

ndbbm 11-10-2003 12:26 PM

Everyone's gotta be so judgemental....fuck sake. It's noone's fuckin business but their's.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndbbm
Everyone's gotta be so judgemental....fuck sake. It's noone's fuckin business but their's.

I agree.

Wanna join me for a cup of sleepytime tea?

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can

Don't_attack_the_minorities_in_any_way_shape_or_form,_but_by_all_means_the_hate_mongering_Conservati ves_are_fair_game.

Get_a_life_hypocrite.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

I agree.

Wanna join me for a cup of sleepytime tea?

You are a man inviting another man for sleeptime tea?

OK. ;)

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 12:32 PM

As far as I can tell from reading some of the ridiculous crap on this thread, at least part of the uproar over the use of racial slurs stems from Taco's mother being called a "Mexican whore".

The last time I checked, a Mexican whore can move to another country and be a whore there...becoming a Canadian whore or a Hungarian whore, or whatever.

If anything, the "whore" part of the insult is worse than the "Mexican" part. I'd much rather be born in Chihuahua than suck cock for a living.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
Don't_attack_the_minorities_in_any_way_shape_or_form,_but_by_all_means_the_hate_mongering_Conservati ves_are_fair_game.

Get_a_life_hypocrite.

Why not? They are a bunch of candyasses anyway. ATleast 70% of conservative males either look like Mary fuggin Poppins or their ass looks like 10 packs of chewed bubblegum. Not that I look at conservative asses though

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 12:33 PM

BTW, would you fuggers stop using underscores between your words? It's stupid.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
Because individuals on this board may act in one way or another...racial slurs or obscene name calling geared towards women...does not mean the board has lost its sense of decency IMO. The words written by each individual are totally their thoughts, not the thoughts of the board. The VAST majority of the individuals on this board are decent and polite. You are always going to find rogue individuals in any large group.

Agreed. I stand corrected. My observation was more based towards the mods allowing the crap to stand vs. the number of folks actually making the remarks.

Thank you for pointing out the err in my statement.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

You are a man inviting another man for sleeptime tea?

OK. ;)

Not really. But he is welcome to some if he likes.

KCTitus 11-10-2003 12:37 PM

Yes, Ive learned that the indoctrination is working and if two or more people agree that a word is a 'hate' word, it is regardless of word (it could be 'flatulent') and the speaker of said word is a racist.

I find most ironic is the jubilation of Denise in this thread given that in the past after any one of her numerous insults thrown peoples way the response: 'It's not an insult unless you 'choose' to accept it'.

My initial point was pretty much in agreement with that sentiment...'dont let it affect you', but for that I get labeled because I dont toe the PC line.

Do I care...nope. I know this is how the game is played.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:37 PM

Quote:

Not really. But he is welcome to some if he likes.

Thanks for the clarification. Besides having a few Imperial Wizards here we also have a few homophobes. We don't want you to be avoided like the plague. ;)

MrBlond 11-10-2003 12:37 PM

Quote:

Thank you, Jim.

Not much else to say on this subject since this board has pretty much lost it's sense of decency when it comes to using racial slurs (oddly enough, Otter is not even the worst so it's amusing to see him come under fire) or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board and unless it's pointed out or complained about it stays. The 'PC defense' defense is used as a cover for stuff to stay...

Quote:

"Racial slurs...or obscene name calling geared towards women. Almost daily you can see one or the other on the board..."
Now, I admit that you are called a "dumb bitch" too much. I probably have called you that myself. If it offended you I apologize. Name calling just doesnt offend me. Call me a dumb bastard and I'd laugh.

but to say that racial slurs are a regular occurance on chiefsplanet is wrong.

Thats the typical liberal argument though. Throw these claims out there. Don't worry about proof.

"Hey, racist comments are posted on this board every other day. It looks like a KKK convention in here. Of course with the conservative nature of the board what did you expect?"

Again, please find me 10 racists posts that were ignored out of the over 1 million in the archives.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 12:39 PM

Quote:

Why not? They are a bunch of candyasses anyway. ATleast 70% of conservative males either look like Mary fuggin Poppins or their ass looks like 10 packs of chewed bubblegum. Not that I look at conservative asses though

Ah_the_hypocrisy_of_the_truly_hate_filled_left.

You_do_realize_that_what_you_said_akin_to_saying_that_all_blacks_look_alike.

Or_all_blacks_look_like_gorillas.

Mark,
this_is_why_the_backlash_from_the_white_male_population_is_occurring._Hypocrisy_will_kill_the_PC_cro wd_in_the_end.

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 12:40 PM

A MEXICAN WHORE CAN MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND STOP SCREWING FOR CASH. THEREFORE "MEXICAN WHORE" IS NOT A RACIST TERM.

KCTitus 11-10-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

"Hey, racist comments are posted on this board every other day. It looks like a KKK convention in here. Of course with the conservative nature of the board what did you expect?"

It's right out of the playbook...I guess that's supposed to silence those that disagree with them.

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the clarification. Besides having a few Imperial Wizards here we also have a few homophobes. We don't want you to be avoided like the plague. ;)

:doh!:

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
BTW, would you fuggers stop using underscores between your words? It's stupid.

The_space_bar_is_not_responding.

I_assure_you_that_is_the_only_reason_for_the_underscores.

Pennywise 11-10-2003 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
(it could be 'flatulent')

Isn't that another way of saying you busted ass?

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 12:43 PM

Quote:

A MEXICAN WHORE CAN MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND STOP SCREWING FOR CASH. THEREFORE "MEXICAN WHORE" IS NOT A RACIST TERM.

ROFL

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:44 PM

Quote:

I find most ironic is the jubilation of Denise in this thread given that in the past after any one of her numerous insults thrown peoples way the response: 'It's not an insult unless you 'choose' to accept it'.

It's true. If I accepted the insults hurled towards me I'd be a basketcase. I don't accept them. There are some remarks that are just so over the top I'll acknowledge them if only to spotlight the posters ignorance or racism or vulgarity...I think Taco chose this course. The insulter ADMITTED HE CHOSE a particular remark in order to illicit a particular response. He got that response but he is upset because the response was exposed to others vs. kept in the closet.

KCTitus 11-10-2003 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyWise
Isn't that another way of saying you busted ass?

LOL!

Abba-Dabba 11-10-2003 12:45 PM

Quote:

Ah_the_hypocrisy_of_the_truly_hate_filled_left.

You_do_realize_that_what_you_said_akin_to_saying_that_all_blacks_look_alike.

Or_all_blacks_look_like_gorillas.

Mark,
this_is_why_the_backlash_from_the_white_male_population_is_occurring._Hypocrisy_will_kill_the_PC_cro wd_in_the_end.

I trying to get the middle voters. Never know when poor white guys with confederate flags on their pickemup trucks might come in handy.

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 12:47 PM

Quote:

It's true. If I accepted the insults hurled towards me I'd be a basketcase. I don't accept them. There are some remarks that are just so over the top I'll acknowledge them if only to spotlight the posters ignorance or racism or vulgarity...I think Taco chose this course. The insulter ADMITTED HE CHOSE a particular remark in order to illicit a particular response. He got that response but he is upset because the response was exposed to others vs. kept in the closet.

I'm confused about one thing:

Why in the world would Taco want everyone to know that his mother is a whore? I just don't get it.

redbrian 11-10-2003 12:51 PM

You do know that tacofan is out there laughing his head off. He is unable to garner a response from football smack so this is his only means of disrupting the board.

Mr. Kotter 11-10-2003 12:51 PM

This is really getting STUPID....and the thing is being blown way out of proportion. The transgressor shouldn't have done what he did, but the "victim" is laughing his ass off that after our team goes 9-0...we allow ourselves to be sucked into this, rather than spend our time and energy talking Football... :rolleyes:

How about we move on...and those of you who wish to beat this to death, consider CP's advice to John Tait...

"STFD and STFU!"

In other words, let's move on....sheesh all ready! :cuss: If you really wanna wallow in this crap, be my guest...it's your right...but think about it.... :harumph:

KCTitus 11-10-2003 12:52 PM

Not playing the word game, Denise, sorry...you either give credence to the speaker or you dont. To infer intent or even find it relevant lends credence.

I know you disagree or will find a new hair to split or maybe just call me a Nazi or something. Fine.

Pennywise 11-10-2003 12:52 PM

Quote:

It's true. If I accepted the insults hurled towards me I'd be a basketcase. I don't accept them.

:deevee: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnh.

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbrian
You do know that tacofan is out there laughing his head off. He is unable to garner a response from football smack so this is his only means of disrupting the board.

I wonder if he would find my mental image of a reerun in a Broncos sombrero giving head for crack in a dirty Tijuana alley humorous?

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Why in the world would Taco want everyone to know that his mother is a whore? I just don't get it.

ROFL

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Now, I admit that you are called a "dumb bitch" too much. I probably have called you that myself. If it offended you I apologize. Name calling just doesnt offend me. Call me a dumb bastard and I'd laugh.

but to say that racial slurs are a regular occurance on chiefsplanet is wrong.

Thats the typical liberal argument though. Throw these claims out there. Don't worry about proof.

Again, please find me 10 racists posts that were ignored out of the over 1 million in the archives.

Mr. B, you are focusing on one over the other. My point was that they both are wrong. And as far as racist posts go...

not always are they directed towards individuals on the board but in general about a particular group of people in general. Try reading any thread on Muslims or lately the French and see if you don't find a few offensive remarks geared at an entire group of people based on the actions of a few who are often times not even representative of the entire group.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

I wonder if he would find my mental image of a reerun in a Broncos sombrero giving head for crack in a dirty Tijuana alley humorous?

ROFL

Damn_you_are_on_a_role_right_now.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

Not playing the word game, Denise, sorry...you either give credence to the speaker or you dont. To infer intent or even find it relevant lends credence.

I know you disagree or will find a new hair to split or maybe just call me a Nazi or something. Fine.

So I if start calling you a child molester or serial rapist you will ignore it? Simply because it's not true you will just allow the comment to stand?

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

Because if T_aco gets enough people on this board cry that the remark was racist (when it actually wasn't) instead of obscene, then they have detracted from the fact that TJ was a puss and didn't handle the situation correctly.

Seems like it is working like a charm with some people.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Mr. B, you are focusing on one over the other. My point was that they both are wrong. And as far as racist posts go...

not always are they directed towards individuals on the board but in general about a particular group of people in general. Try reading any thread on Muslims or lately the French and see if you don't find a few offensive remarks geared at an entire group of people based on the actions of a few who are often times not even representative of the entire group.

WTF_is_wrong_with_being_offensive_to_the_French?

Again_if_we_are_not_PC_enough_for_you_why_do_you_continue_to_show_up?

Lzen 11-10-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

As far as I can tell from reading some of the ridiculous crap on this thread, at least part of the uproar over the use of racial slurs stems from Taco's mother being called a "Mexican whore".

The last time I checked, a Mexican whore can move to another country and be a whore there...becoming a Canadian whore or a Hungarian whore, or whatever.

If anything, the "whore" part of the insult is worse than the "Mexican" part. I'd much rather be born in Chihuahua than suck cock for a living.

ROFL

KCWolfman 11-10-2003 01:00 PM

BTW - Fair warning. This thread has run it's course. You can continue to post on it, but I am moving to the new forum Phil created for such issues.

If you wish to continue the banter it is in T-aco's Butt Forum, but will continue to remain unlocked.

Too many of you have side saddled the issue and decided it needed to be politicized and generalized to fit many more situations here than the current one.

Fact is that Otter made an obscene remark in private - it was not racist. TJ decided to attempt to make it a public racist issue. Both were reprimanded for their childishness. TJ cried because he wanted more attention so he took his ball and went home. That is the end of the facts. From there, the speculation is rampant and generally incorrect on both sides.

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

as far as racist posts go...

It's a shame that a small number of Mexican whores can tarnish the image of Mexican women everywhere.

Listen up people: Not ALL Mexican women are whores!

Some give it up for nothing.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 01:02 PM

Quote:

WTF_is_wrong_with_being_offensive_to_the_French?

Again_if_we_are_not_PC_enough_for_you_why_do_you_continue_to_show_up?

same_reason_you_show_up_with_annoying_keyboard_problems!

MrBlond 11-10-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:

No, no, no. Now you are trying to revise your statement that I have clearly and in bold print quoted.

You said that racial or obscene name calling towards women happen almost every day on the chiefsplanet.

You say that your point was that these types of posts are wrong. But you used deliberate false information to make your argument.

BTW, France isnt a race.

Otter 11-10-2003 01:05 PM

Can this thread please be locked, I think its ran its course.

If anyone wishes to beat me up further for a snippet of a month-long conversation of a situation you otherwise no nothing about and is none of your business, send me a smoke signal.

Stop letting this guy play you, its pitiful.

Lzen 11-10-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

What's that? Your internet browser will only allow you to go to www.chiefsplanet.com?

:rolleyes:

Clint in Wichita 11-10-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Because it's not really a big deal to you, but it does give you something to chatter about if you pretend to care?

redbrian 11-10-2003 01:08 PM

So mememe it’s ok to call the conservative white guys a bunch of grand wizards, an offensive racial stereo type if there ever was one.
If your going to talk the talk you had best walk the walk and remove all racial stereo types from your discourse.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 01:11 PM

Quote:

That_makes_no_sense.

But_then_again_you_never_do.

If_you_don't_like_the_way_the_board_is_run,_or_my_keyboard_problems,_the_solution_is_simple,_leave.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

So mememe it’s ok to call the conservative white guys a bunch of grand wizards, an offensive racial stereo type if there ever was one.
If your going to talk the talk you had best walk the walk and remove all racial stereo types from your discourse.

No not all. I didn't say that, you are. Not all the conservative white guys on this board post racist or sexist remarks. Some do pretty regularly.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 01:18 PM

Quote:

Because it's not really a big deal to you, but it does give you something to chatter about if you pretend to care?

Nope, check the history of this argument. I've taken TJ's side on this since the original 'person of Hispanic heritage' debacle. He's made it clear he finds those remarks to be insulting and will expose the user as a racist. So to use them by choice and then pretend that there was a lack of intent is comical.

Rausch 11-10-2003 01:18 PM

Quote:

For the record, I may be a hateful b@st@rd but I'm not a racist. France is not a race. France is not a religon. France is not of only one ethnicity. If one is to say that one is racist to call the french "frogs" then one is likely talking about the majority group in that country.

Which currently is white people. Which I am. So I'd be using an ethnic slur (if I was at all, which I'm trying to point out I'm not) against my own people. I also, unfortunately, am assured of a VERY small amount of frog blood in my own person.

2nd, this comment:

Quote:

Try reading any thread on Muslims or lately the French and see if you don't find a few offensive remarks geared at an entire group of people based on the actions of a few who are often times not even representative of the entire group.

shows your double standard and hipocracy. You do the same thing when you talk about the military, our own government, or republicans. You use words that slander the whole and not the ignorance of the few. You, YOURSELF, as much or more than anyone are guilty of this.

3rd, I hate the frogs. I don't ho-hum around. I don't hate french Americans, because they are Americans, and to me that's all that matters. I hate the french, their long standing philosophy regarding warfare and international diplomacy, and the way they relate with both their allies and their enemies. I despise them. A nation. A mentality that permiates an entire culture of people of all races and religons that seems to validify being unwilling to fight at anytime for anything.

That's my opinion. You don't have to agree. Heck, you have every right to call me out or even call me names (with respect to the terms of use on this BB) and that's fine. But try and be accurate.

Racism is racism. Sexism is sexism. I descriminate based on a percieved mentality they posess that spans all sexes, colors, and religons, and is not due to being one of those groups. It may be hate, but it is not an "ism" other than Nationalism.

Phobia 11-10-2003 01:20 PM

Quote:

Agreed. I stand corrected. My observation was more based towards the mods allowing the crap to stand vs. the number of folks actually making the remarks.

Thank you for pointing out the err in my statement.

Have you ever tried to moderate a site which has 2500+ posts per day? I'm not searching for infractions. Sorry, I don't have time to babysit. If there is a problem with a post appearing on this site, every single one of them have a convenient "report this post to a moderator" button. USE IT.

BIG_DADDY 11-10-2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

You know, all I was trying to do in the thread was say that it's sad when racism is tolerated, no matter whom it's directed towards.

Instead, I basically get flamed, essentially told that the white man is being oppressed and given meaningless stats (um, having 12% of coaches in the NFL means nothing when there are only 32 teams, Simplex3. If you think that's truly representative, then I feel for you).

But I've learned a lot about some of the people on this BBs. Thanks for the insight.
<DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">

Nobody was flaming you dude. BTW, wou don't want see stats that's just logic plain and simple? I don't see you complaining about there not being enough BB players that are white of FB players. Why do you only defend coaching, shouldn't you be fair and evaluate everything?

Affirmative action is nothing more than legal discrimination. Discrimination will always be here as long as people are different, that is my only point. As far as toleration goes I'm not really sure what Otter said so I am not really in a position to discuss whether it was out of line. To say you gained insight is the most ridiculous thing I have ever scene you post at the planet. My girl is half filipino. My girlfreind before her was all mexican. Neither of them was racially sensitive. I just think people like playing the victim too much. JMO

Talking Can,

I listed some of the things I went through. If you want to say that is absurd you can but it doesn't change the facts.

redbrian 11-10-2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

So in this statement you are not calling anyone on this board an Imperial Wizard? Sure looks like your using an offensive racial stereo type to me.

Rausch 11-10-2003 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Have you ever tried to moderate a site which has 2500+ posts per day? I'm not searching for infractions. Sorry, I don't have time to babysit. If there is a problem with a post appearing on this site, every single one of them have a convenient "report this post to a moderator" button. USE IT.

I post a lot on here, and wouldn't want to do anthing to make this BB less enjoyable. If I, warn me like you would anyone, and be sure and point out what it was I said that was unacceptable. I might protest, but until there is some finality to the decision I won't repeat it.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 01:24 PM

Quote:

You do a good job and the observation was not meant as an insult. It was rather a point reflecting the permissive nature of certain words or attitudes on the board being allowed here.

memyselfI 11-10-2003 01:25 PM

Quote:

So in this statement you are not calling anyone on this board an Imperial Wizard? Sure looks like your using an offensive racial stereo type to me.

Check the context...it was in reference to Vapor's remark about a white convention. Not a direct label of any particular person.

Phobia 11-10-2003 01:28 PM

Quote:

You do a good job and the observation was not meant as an insult. It was rather a point reflecting the permissive nature of certain words or attitudes on the board being allowed here.

This site is 100% community driven. If the community doesn't voice any displeasure, we can't make a judgement if we don't see the post. In this case, "fat mexican whore" was used. I'm sorry, but I can't possibly know Otter's intent with that phrase regardless of history, so I'm leaving it alone because it's not blatantly racist in nature. "person of Hispanic heritage" was also used during this controversy and the individual using that word was immediately slammed and warned that the next infraction would result in banishment.

See y'all later tonight.

Raiderhater 11-10-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Or_better_yet,_just_don't_show_up.:D

ROYC75 11-10-2003 01:29 PM

Hey now, If ya ask me, I would tell you all are NUCKING FUTS ! :D

redbrian 11-10-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

Check the context...it was in reference to Vapor's remark about a white convention. Not a direct label of any particular person.

:spock: Nice try no ones buying it.
You used derisive language on the board and are being called on it.
Either you use it and don’t protest its use or you don’t use it at all and are free to protest, this is pure black and white and can’t have it both ways.

Rausch 11-10-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

I did not call names in my post directed towards you, and would appreciate a response as soon as convenient.....

memyselfI 11-10-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
I did not call names in my post directed towards you, and would appreciate a response as soon as convenient.....

What do you want me to say. You expressed your opinion. I read it. You said that my observations about conservatives are similiar in nature. You said that my remarks about the government and military are as well. I'll grant you the remarks about the government and the military as they are entities for which I do speak using a singular voice as an institution.

However, I do not believe that bigoted or racists conservative males on the board are in any way representative of the conservative right at a whole. I think they happen to represent some of the worst that the 'right' has to offer but I do not believe the entire movement is nearly that nasty, or bigoted, or despicable at all. And I reject your implication or assertion that my view of that handful of folks is widespread of ALL conservatives.

Mark M 11-10-2003 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Nobody was flaming you dude. BTW, wou don't want see stats that's just logic plain and simple? I don't see you complaining about there not being enough BB players that are white of FB players. Why do you only defend coaching, shouldn't you be fair and evaluate everything?

Affirmative action is nothing more than legal discrimination. Discrimination will always be here as long as people are different, that is my only point. As far as toleration goes I'm not really sure what Otter said so I am not really in a position to discuss whether it was out of line. To say you gained insight is the most ridiculous thing I have ever scene you post at the planet. My girl is half filipino. My girlfreind before her was all mexican. Neither of them was racially sensitive. I just think people like playing the victim too much. JMO

First of all, the stats are being misused. I could say that my workplace is fair because half of the people are minorities, but if I only work with 5 people that's not saying a whole helluva lot.

Second, no one is stopping a white guy from playing FB or BB. If they're good enough, they get a job. Owners and collegiate ADs, on the other hand, are keeping competent, worthy minorities from coaching jobs. Not because they are necessarily racist, but because there's a "good 'ol boy network" going on. How else does Dennis Erickson get another job in the NFL when he sucked total ass the first time around? How the fucking hell does Schottenheimer still have a job? Why did Detroit make up their minds before even interviewing anyone else? Of course, I'm sure you'll say I've been brainwashed by the media, or that I'm PC, or however else you want to justify it.

Third, I agree that Affirmative Action doesn't work. Read my post a few pages ago and you'd have seen that.

Fourth and last, what I've "scene" on this BBs in this thread is ridiculous. White men crying about how they're soooo mistreated is the most pathetic thing I've ever "scene" in this place, and has shown me a lot about a few of its members.

I already knew that raiderhader was a sexist piece of crap. Hell, he's lucky my wife didn't kick his ass at Gators during the 37 Forever weekend. (BTW, it's called respect, Jamie. It's too bad you have none for women. No wonder you're a virgin--and if you talk to all women the way you did that Friday, you better get used to it.)

I already knew some here think it's okay to throw racial insults around--afterall, people are just "too sensitive" nowadays. I mean, racism is okay as long as it's not the poor, oppressed white man experiencing it.

This thread takes the ****ing cake.

See ya.

MM
~~:shake:

redbrian 11-10-2003 01:44 PM

(Squiggle squiggle}
I did not call all of the white conservatives, members of the KKK, only a select unnamed group of this board are Imperial Wizards.
So see that’s ok and if you found this to be an insult, well that’s your problem and not mine.
Signed mememe

conjureman 11-10-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

This site is 100% community driven. If the community doesn't voice any displeasure, we can't make a judgement if we don't see the post. In this case, "fat mexican whore" was used. I'm sorry, but I can't possibly know Otter's intent with that phrase regardless of history, so I'm leaving it alone because it's not blatantly racist in nature. "person of Hispanic heritage" was also used during this controversy and the individual using that word was immediately slammed and warned that the next infraction would result in banishment.

See y'all later tonight.

Moi?..."intent", is the key word here! For clarification, I used that term in response to a TJ thread about Elizabeth Smart a few mos. back. My intent, (as was apparent to TJ), was to draw a parallel between the absurdity of his post, and the absurdity of "racist remarks"! He knew the intent-even still I apologised to him in a PM, but instead he chose to play the wounded victim. I've been guilty of being thin-skinned too, but if someone made clear their intent voluntarily...well, let's just say that draws into question his sincerity--- & summed up quite nicely IMO Phil!

Rausch 11-10-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

What do you want me to say. You expressed your opinion. I read it. You said that my observations about conservatives are similiar in nature. You said that my remarks about the government and military are as well. I'll grant you the remarks about the government and the military as they are entities for which I do speak using a singular voice as an institution.

However, I do not believe that bigoted or racists conservative males on the board are in any way representative of the conservative right at a whole. I think they happen to represent some of the worst that the 'right' has to offer but I do not believe the entire movement is nearly that nasty, or bigoted, or despicable at all.

Fair enough...

I'm also curious of your definitions of racism and bigotry.

Websters defines a big as:

One entry found for bigot.

Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1661
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

Obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his/her own opinions and prejudices. According to websters you, and me, and most on this BB are bigots. Only the degree varies.....