ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Just What Would a Three-peat Mean to the Chiefs/NFL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352750)

Eureka 03-16-2024 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17444322)
It prettt much equalizes SB 55 bc Brady and Belichick were never that dominant

Some might say they were the most dominant Coach/QB combo.

GabyKeepsMeWarm 03-16-2024 11:26 AM

If we did pull off the "Pat Trick", Mahomes would have a playoff record of either 19-3 or 18-3, plus the four rings in his seven seasons as a starter. I have considerable doubt anyone would ever better, or equal that kind of start to a career.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-16-2024 11:58 AM

It would be the greatest feat in team sports history. Look at the roster turnover since Ring 1

Tribal Warfare 03-16-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 17446414)
Some might say they were the most dominant Coach/QB combo.

Thanks to cheating

DJay23 03-16-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedinTexas (Post 17446381)
It raises some of the questions I posed in another thread about dynasties. When does a dynasty begin? When does it end? The Patriots missed the playoffs entirely in the 2008 season. They went 3 seasons without winning a playoff game from 2008-2010. They went 10 seasons without winning the Super Bowl with only 2 Super Bowl appearances in the middle of their run.

If we're supposed to think of the Patriots as having a single dynasty rather than 2 separate dynasties, then that would give credence to claims like Buffalo having a dynasty in the early 90s even though they never won the Super Bowl, or Minnesota in the late 60s and 70s.

The term "dynasty" is too loosely defined for these purposes.

Right about the dynasty definition. Since there is not an agreed upon metric for that, everyone has their own definition. But if you aggregate all of the conversations about dynasties over the years, you usually hear the 60s Packers (if you lump the NFL championships pre Super Bowl...which I think confuses things too much so I leave them out of Super Bowl dynasty talk), the 70s Steelers, the 80s Niners, the 90s Cowboys, the 00s Patriots (or if you prefer the 00s and 10s Patriots), and now the 20s Chiefs.

Early 70s Dolphins went to 3 straight, had an undefeated season and won back to back. They would be next on my list, just didn't run the success long enough.

I mostly lump the the Patriots 2 dynasties into one because it is the same coach and QB combo for that entire stretch. That's an unprecedented aspect to their run like winning 2 back to back for the Steelers, or 3 in a row would be for the Chiefs.

ChiefRocka 03-16-2024 12:52 PM

Much easier to win a best of 7 team playoff sport. 3 in a row Superbowl wins is the stuff of Legends. Think about the recognition the Bills get for losing 4 straight...

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-16-2024 01:39 PM

Was just watching a Nostradamus video about events to occur in 2024-2025 and it had two main events. Putin will fall into ill health an then a cryptic vision that the red warriors will slay the 3rd dragon.

That can only mean one thing.

WilliamTheIrish 03-16-2024 01:44 PM

I don’t have any great faith in it happening.

By that I mean a 3peat shutting the mouths of synaptically challenged, hydrocephalic, troglodyte doubters on this forum that WERE CERTAIN the back to back wouldn’t happen.

Can’t wait to see what thread will start on opening day this season.

RedinTexas 03-16-2024 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17446655)
Was just watching a Nostradamus video about events to occur in 2024-2025 and it had two main events. Putin will fall into ill health an then a cryptic vision that the red warriors will slay the 3rd dragon.

That can only mean one thing.

And when we seek we shall lobbeth the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch onto our enemies and smite them. When we lobbeth the Holy Hand Grenade we shall count to three.

RINGLEADER 03-16-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 17445060)
Florio's head if KC performs the Pat Trick.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/nNfU7XBuHzr44" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/gifnews-gif-gifnews-explodinghead-collegestudents-college-studies-scanners-nNfU7XBuHzr44">via GIPHY</a></p>

Pat Trick.

I ran to the trademark office but alas, someone filed for it a month ago.

RaidersOftheCellar 03-16-2024 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 17446612)
Much easier to win a best of 7 team playoff sport. 3 in a row Superbowl wins is the stuff of Legends. Think about the recognition the Bills get for losing 4 straight...

Imagine how pissed 49ers fans will be if KC beats them again next year. They’ll be the new Bills.

trndobrd 03-17-2024 08:25 AM

Chiefs third consecutive Super Bowl = overtime hours by the NFL competition committee to avoid a 4th.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-17-2024 09:15 AM

A three-peat would solidify Mahomes, Reid, and Veach as the best trio of QB\HC\GM in NFL history. Individual accolades could be debated for all three, but there would be no denying that's the best trio assembled in history.

Three-peat for the three headed monster!

gordonelloyd 03-18-2024 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 17447399)
Chiefs third consecutive Super Bowl = overtime hours by the NFL competition committee to avoid a 4th.

I think this is the true test of whether a team is so dominant, it is the all-time great. Does the rest of the league have to fundamentally change the rules to keep them in check.

I think that is only happened once in sports history. In the 1950s, the Montréal Canadiens were unstoppable. Especially their power-play. So the league change the rules. You no longer kept the power-play for the whole penalty. But only until you scored. That was a huge change. I wonder what a similar change in the NFL would be. And if the Chiefs would be seen as dominant enough to require it.

Bump 03-18-2024 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17446547)
It would be the greatest feat in team sports history. Look at the roster turnover since Ring 1

there's a few common denominators though, one being the primary reason why this is happening.