ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Hollywood Brown unhappy with Baltimore offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334771)

Jewish Rabbi 11-03-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294745)
Exactly!

Its called being objective.

The guy was MVP last season and voted #1 player by those actually playing the game and you want to call me a Ravens fan because i think he is a good QB? **** outta here.

Please watch your language

DeepPurple 11-03-2020 09:29 AM

Knowing Harbaugh since I've seen on TV or in person every Ravens game ever played since their beginning in 1996. He very competive, even though Joe Flacco came in with him in 2008, he had no problem cutting him and moving on.

If Ravens fail to make the playoffs or Lamar is one and done in the playoffs for the third year in a row, I see them trading with Miami, who likes to deal and who owns the Texans first round pick, and taking Trevor Lawrence from Clemson. If Lamar beats the Steelers in Pittsburgh Thanksgiving night and goes deeper into the playoffs this year, then it's another year with Lamar and some coaching changes.

BTW, the Ravens dominated the Steelers until the fourth quarter, and only lost by 4 points. Lamar gave up a pick six on the third play of the game and another pick gave the Steelers a very short field of only 20 yards leading to another TD. Otherwise Ben didn't throw for more than 25 yards until the fourth quarter comeback. If he hadn't made those two stupid throws, outcome would of been different.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11-03-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 15294983)
Knowing Harbaugh since I've seen on TV or in person every Ravens game ever played since their beginning in 1996. He very competive, even though Joe Flacco came in with him in 2008, he had no problem cutting him and moving on.

If Ravens fail to make the playoffs or Lamar is one and done in the playoffs for the third year in a row, I see them trading with Miami, who likes to deal and who owns the Texans first round pick, and taking Trevor Lawrence from Clemson. If Lamar beats the Steelers in Pittsburgh Thanksgiving night and goes deeper into the playoffs this year, then it's another year with Lamar and some coaching changes.

BTW, the Ravens dominated the Steelers until the fourth quarter, and only lost by 4 points. Lamar gave up a pick six on the third play of the game and another pick gave the Steelers a very short field. Otherwise Ben didn't throw for more than 25 yards until the third quarter comeback. If hadn't made those two stupid throws, outcome would of been different.

How would a trade with Miami land them Trevor Lawrence? That makes no sense at all!

TribalElder 11-03-2020 09:36 AM

As they keep choking in big games I expect more teammates to start to turn on Lamar

Bearcat 11-03-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294712)
Why don't you post his rushing stats and scores of games as well?

He's not a conventional QB so keep that in mind when posting his stats.

That's like saying, forget the .180 batting average and all of the strikeouts, be sure to show all of the times they got on base by drawing walks... they aren't a conventional hitter, but a good hitter.

I doubt anyone is arguing Lamar isn't a great athlete or a great running back, but I'm not sure how anyone could weigh those equally with his ability as a passer when determining if he's a good QB.

Not to argue semantics and what 'unconventional' means.... but, even if you add his 411 rushing yards and assume all other QBs have zero yards and TDs rushing, he's still outside of the top 20 in yardage and outside of the top 10 in touchdowns. And again, that's before adding back in every other QBs rushing yardage and touchdowns.

O.city 11-03-2020 09:47 AM

He struggles to consistently throw the ball. Call me crazy, but I don't really want my Qb to struggle with that.

Bearcat 11-03-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15295044)
He struggles to consistently throw the ball. Call me crazy, but I don't really want my Qb to struggle with that.

Yeah, this is me whenever I watch him.... and that's generally been in big games either in the playoffs or that are televised out here, when he can't hit the broad side of the barn. And then every once in a while he'll make a nice pass (there was one this past weekend that looked like a Mahomes sidearm flick of the wrist).... every once in a while.

Great athlete though... it took the Chiefs 3+ quarters to stop over-pursuing on the rush whenever he was dropping back to pass, and just contain him in the pocket. And after that, it's more or less about figuring out the option-like running plays.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="4668760" data-share-method="host" data-width="40%" data-aspect-ratio="1.8863636363636367"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/the-office-office-ellie-kemper-sorry-not-sorry-idk-gif-4668760">I Don't Get It! I'm Sorry, I Just - I Don't Get It - The Office GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/theoffice-gifs">Theoffice GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

crispystl 11-03-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15293720)
I think he wrote an article about this conflict in last month's Economist.

-Scurries away to thumb through Economist collection....

DeepPurple 11-03-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 15295001)
How would a trade with Miami land them Trevor Lawrence? That makes no sense at all!

Miami still has their own first round, Texans aren't exactly playing good, they're 1 and 6 and their head coach was fired. If the pick is not high enough, then they'll trade with someone else. The only ones that might be higher is the Jets or Jacksonville, and are the Jets going to give up on Sam Darnold that quickly. Jacksonville might be the one to go for a QB and land Lawrence if someone else doesn't.

tyecopeland 11-03-2020 10:22 AM

No way the ravens let Lamar go.

rabblerouser 11-03-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294745)
Exactly!

Its called being objective.

The guy was MVP last season and voted #1 player by those actually playing the game and you want to call me a Ravens fan because i think he is a good QB? **** outta here.

No, we call you a dumb****. And it's for a lot of reasons, but also because you think Lamar is a good QB.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11-03-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 15295110)
Miami still has their own first round, Texans aren't exactly playing good, they're 1 and 6 and their head coach was fired. If the pick is not high enough, then they'll trade with someone else. The only ones that might be higher is the Jets or Jacksonville, and are the Jets going to give up on Sam Darnold that quickly. Jacksonville might be the one to go for a QB and land Lawrence if someone else doesn't.

You made it sound like Baltimore was going to trade Jackson to Miami and end up with Trevor Lawrence. We all know that's not going to happen.

rabblerouser 11-03-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15295123)

I know.

But if they want to win a Super Bowl, they trade him to...New England?

I'm trying to think of somewhere in the league where Jackson would be considered a serious upgrade...

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11-03-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15295143)
No, we call you a dumb****. And it's for a lot of reasons, but also because you think Lamar is a good QB.

He's not a very good judge of quarterbacks, he also thought Alex was a good quarterback too, remember?

JakeF 11-03-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15295123)

Eventually they will

The primary job of a Quarterback is to throw the ball. If he can't do that then eventually it's unacceptable. Look at all the other running/trick quarterbacks. Unless the QB can throw the ball along with his runs the league adjusts and the QB fails.

I imagine in 2 years there will whispers of the Ravens moving on from Lamar.