ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dental experiences with O.City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327128)

DJ's left nut 12-05-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14635783)
It's just part of the routine. Honestly.

I say the same 3 or 4 conversation starters to every patient. Then we talk about something else to pass a few seconds, then I check them out then off we go.

You just like to floss shame.

Side note - my dentist got a whizz-bang water scraper thing about 4-5 years ago and asked me if I wanted to use that instead of the metal pick. Oh hell yes, I'll try anything instead of that damn metal pick.

I love it; high pitched whir I can ignore well enough and nowhere near as much agony. They get the last few spots they couldn't hit with the metal one but I don't have a screaming headache and bloody mouth anymore.

But now I specifically have to ask them to use it. They don't mention it and my wife doesn't even realize they have it. They do - it exists and they're happy to fire it up if I ask them to. Is there any reason why it seems to have fallen out of favor or do you figure this particular office just had enough patients who didn't like it that it's not at the front of their mind.

O.city 12-05-2019 04:05 PM

Ultrasonic scaler.

My hygienist uses it on every patient. I hate the sound of it, it's right by my office so I hear it all the time I'm in here on CP.

O.city 12-05-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14635787)
"How is everything going? Do anything interesting for vacation this year?"

"Have any interesting trips planned?"

"How is the family?"

"Epstein didn't kill himself."

Pretty much.

O.city 12-05-2019 04:13 PM

Update.

Inmate starting sobbing loudly, apparently he wasn't as tough as he thought. Got him on some antibiotics and will see him in a week. He's a sissy, he was numb, just didn't like pressure.

BlackHelicopters 12-05-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14635819)
Update.

Inmate starting sobbing loudly, apparently he wasn't as tough as he thought. Got him on some antibiotics and will see him in a week. He's a sissy, he was numb, just didn't like pressure.

Heh

O.city 12-05-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 14635821)
Heh

Oh well. Had him numb, was stabbing him with a probe, didn't feel anything. Starting elevating, eyes got real wide and he started crying.

Another day.

displacedinMN 12-05-2019 04:26 PM

What if the dentist does not like their dentist???

ptlyon 12-05-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14635825)
Oh well. Had him numb, was stabbing him with a probe, didn't feel anything. Starting elevating, eyes got real wide and he started crying.

Another day.

Imagine the shower episodes

ptlyon 12-05-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14635836)
What if the dentist does not like their dentist???

"Quit telling me to take better care of my teeth"

New World Order 12-05-2019 04:35 PM

I like these Dentistry updates

OnTheWarpath15 12-05-2019 06:19 PM

This thread is awesome and cringeworthy at the same time.

TAKE A ****ING BLADE AND JAM IT IN THERE UNTIL IT DRAINS OR YOU HIT BONE.

Soothing ****ing words to read the day before a dentist appointment.

BlackHelicopters 12-05-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14636016)
This thread is awesome and cringeworthy at the same time.

TAKE A ****ING BLADE AND JAM IT IN THERE UNTIL IT DRAINS OR YOU HIT BONE.

Soothing ****ing words to read the day before a dentist appointment.

Can’t speak for O. But draining pus with a 15 blade was great fun. Girls love it also.

candyman 12-05-2019 06:59 PM

I brush only once a day (thoroughly though, probably a good 5 minutes no joke) and floss maybe twice a month. When I get my teeth cleaned I dont exactly enjoy it but I dont consider it to be painful either. Am I just a badass or genetically gifted?

TwistedChief 12-05-2019 07:01 PM

It’s amazing that someone who knows so much about gums and gingivitis has so many questionable takes on the Chiefs.

It’s like learning Mahomo is a Greek shipping magnate or UChieffyBugger is Gary Glitter.

TribalElder 12-05-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 14634672)
I was in a bowling team called The Amish Mafia. I think that would suffice for a good band name.

did you say The Amish Mafia

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DuPvn_vxbh8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL