ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325064)

Mecca 09-13-2019 07:58 AM

I'd probably do it for the 2, we have basically nothing under contract next year back there and if we got a guy at the back of the 2nd that could do what Fitzpatrick does at his level we'd all be going nuts about how we stole him.

TambaBerry 09-13-2019 08:03 AM

this would be such a great trade for us regardless what pick we give up. Him and Thornhill both are interchangeable you could do so many different looks with the safeties we have and bringing this guy in

Chris Meck 09-13-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14444561)
Fitzpatrick makes the most sense from the perspective of wanting to pay Mahomes and Jones soon. That’s harder if you go with PP.

Idk I think it’s a Veach move all day long.

I think so too. Our all-world QB is 24 years old. We're going to be in this SB hunt every season for the next decade plus if we play our cards right.

**** winning one ****ing SB, I want SEVEN. However many ends up being one more than the Bradys.

The way you do that is not high priced free agents. It's cheap, controllable talent.

htismaqe 09-13-2019 08:05 AM

They can’t just keep trading away 1st round picks. You guys need to stop getting your hopes up.

Chris Meck 09-13-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14444570)
this would be such a great trade for us regardless what pick we give up. Him and Thornhill both are interchangeable you could do so many different looks with the safeties we have and bringing this guy in

I agree, and creating confusion with multiple looks is a big part of this scheme I think. We're not seeing it yet, but by all accounts that's the plan.

O.city 09-13-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14444577)
They can’t just keep trading away 1st round picks. You guys need to stop getting your hopes up.

You’d have to be confident you could get a high pick back for Jones if you tagged and traded him

Chris Meck 09-13-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

But they can. And if it's for cheap young talent, they should.

If we pick #32, is that REALLY even a first round player? Maybe, maybe not. It's at best a 50/50 bet.

A player like Fitzpatrick has shown he's a good player at the NFL level, is young, and under control for multiple seasons on a rookie deal.

He's more like a 80/20 bet.

It's much better odds that he helps you win.

staylor26 09-13-2019 08:10 AM

I don’t think it has to be a 1st though.

Albright said they’ll likely settle for a 2nd and the 49ers pick should be a decent one.

htismaqe 09-13-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14444587)
But they can. And if it's for cheap young talent, they should.

If we pick #32, is that REALLY even a first round player? Maybe, maybe not. It's at best a 50/50 bet.

A player like Fitzpatrick has shown he's a good player at the NFL level, is young, and under control for multiple seasons on a rookie deal.

He's more like a 80/20 bet.

It's much better odds that he helps you win.

Of course. In a perfect world, one in which they hadn’t just gave away a first for Frank Clark.

Chris Meck 09-13-2019 08:10 AM

Look, I get not wanting to trade all your high picks away. If it backfires, you end up with a team devoid of quality talent.

However, if you're picking last in the round, you will have a hard time re-stocking anyway.

IF you're trading picks for good young talent that's already proven at the NFL level, it's actually a better bet.

htismaqe 09-13-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14444591)
I don’t think it has to be a 1st though.

Albright said they’ll likely settle for a 2nd and the 49ers pick should be a decent one.

If they can do that, I’d do it in a heartbeat. I don’t see it happening.

Hammock Parties 09-13-2019 08:11 AM

I would absolutely give a 2nd right now.

I might even throw in a 5th round pick since he's already proven more than a raw draft pick.

htismaqe 09-13-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14444593)
Look, I get not wanting to trade all your high picks away. If it backfires, you end up with a team devoid of quality talent.

However, if you're picking last in the round, you will have a hard time re-stocking anyway.

IF you're trading picks for good young talent that's already proven at the NFL level, it's actually a better bet.

It’s not about me wanting to, it’s more about whether or not they will. I just don’t see it.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-13-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Why not?

Fitzpatrick essentially is a 1st at this point, year 2 of his contract as a top 10 pick.

Dunerdr 09-13-2019 08:13 AM

would you trade dee ford the oft injured one trick pony for minkah fitz who played at an apparent high level in multiple positions as a rookie?

well **** i sure would.