ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

BossChief 03-19-2019 09:54 AM

The Seattle Seahawks select TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Perfect fit for that offense.

Sorry, DJ.

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 10:04 AM

The Baltimore Ravens select Devin Bush LB Michigan

CoMoChief 03-19-2019 10:13 AM

Houston Texans select DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia

BossChief 03-19-2019 10:30 AM

3 picks in a row I bet DJ was hoping would fall

The Franchise 03-19-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14168044)
3 picks in a row I bet DJ was hoping would fall

I don't think DJ is a huge fan of Baker.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 10:32 AM

Ferrell, Hock and Bush all coming off stung.

But I never expected Hock to fall because there's been too much chatter on the board about him. I really thought Ferrell might, though. And I couldn't have convinced myself to take Bush because O.City is an asshole.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 10:35 AM

But man, there are some nightmare scenarios unfolding here. I sure hope some teams are higher on the WR options than they're being viewed in this draft. N'Keal Henry would've surely gone off the board by now and I honestly wonder if Butler would've as well.

O.city 03-19-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168050)
Ferrell, Hock and Bush all coming off stung.

But I never expected Hock to fall because there's been too much chatter on the board about him. I really thought Ferrell might, though. And I couldn't have convinced myself to take Bush because O.City is an asshole.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/2BksXCPD3bSyQ" width="480" height="365" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/90s-no-2BksXCPD3bSyQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

O.city 03-19-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168066)
But man, there are some nightmare scenarios unfolding here. I sure hope some teams are higher on the WR options than they're being viewed in this draft. N'Keal Henry would've surely gone off the board by now and I honestly wonder if Butler would've as well.

I had thought about this kind of scenario playing out this morning in the real draft, what the Chiefs would do.

I know you hate trading out of the first, but shit, what the hell can you do?

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

you know what to do lock up that one position

The Franchise 03-19-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

The CP Mock Draft is always an interesting vehicle because you may not be drafting for the Chiefs....but you're letting players fall in the back of your mind in hopes that they'll be there for the Chiefs. A good majority of GMs are stupid.

staylor26 03-19-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14168073)
you know what to do lock up that one position

Yup, I think I know who you’re referring to.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14168072)
I had thought about this kind of scenario playing out this morning in the real draft, what the Chiefs would do.

I know you hate trading out of the first, but shit, what the hell can you do?

The exact opposite.

When Ferrell and Hockenson were sitting there at 17, I'd have been on the horn with the Giants, Vikings and Titans to get up there and get my guy.

The answer is not to sit back and let the board fist you. I even almost made a post this morning after SNR took Williams that the Chiefs are furiously working the phones looking to secure their man.

I hate sitting back at the end of the 1st. If you don't like the lay of the land, fight on better ground. Move up and get your guy.

O.city 03-19-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168183)
The exact opposite.

When Ferrell and Hockenson were sitting there at 17, I'd have been on the horn with the Giants, Vikings and Titans to get up there and get my guy.

The answer is not to sit back and let the board fist you. I even almost made a post this morning after SNR took Williams that the Chiefs are furiously working the phones looking to secure their man.

I hate sitting back at the end of the 1st. If you don't like the lay of the land, fight on better ground. Move up and get your guy.

I don't want to sacrifice those picks to move up for a guy. I'm not doing it.

It works for a QB. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem to work out.

The Franchise 03-19-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168183)
The exact opposite.

What are you willing to give up? A 2nd this year and a 2nd next year?