ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Star Wars TV & Film Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314310)

ScareCrowe 12-14-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15389273)
I don't know anything about the upcoming story just yet. They hired several different writers for the Film version, all of which were discarded in favor of a Disney+ TV series, then dumped all of those scripts once The Mandalorian began airing because the overall theme of the series was too similar (instead of The Mando protecting Grogu, it was Obi Wan protecting Luke).

I don't think they should concern themselves with what was said in A New Hope. There was an implication that Vader and Obi Wan hadn't seen each other in quite some time but whether that was 20 years or 10 years (which is when the series is reportedly set) or even 5 years, they should just go with whatever makes the story work.

One line of dialog that they'll never get past is that Obi Wan states "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic... before the dark times... before the Empire", which was contradicted by Palpatine when he said "I will not allow this Republic, which has stood for 1,000 years...".

I just want a great story and hope we see at least one lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Vader, regardless of that dialog. They could pull the old "From a certain point of view" to make up for the time that had passed between their last encounter and their most recent encounter.

Honestly the only bit of dialogue that would be upset by them facing in that time period would be at the beginning of the lightsaber battle, Vader references the fact that the last time they fought he was a learner & now he (Vader) is the master.

However given that in the prequels they made Anakin a member of the council & he had taken an apprentice in the clone wars series. So it's hard to argue that Anakin was still just a learner when he fought Obi Wan as he was already considered a Jedi master, had already taken an apprentice & was on the council.

Frazod 12-14-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15397339)
Load of shit. Kylo was the only good thing about the sequels. Way better than Hayden's shit-tier prequels.

He sucked balls. An emo toddler with force powers. He was as bad a villain as Nero in Star Trek.

Again, I don't blame the actor. He was the victim of bad stories and bad directing.

I pretty much hate VII through IX as much as I do I through III. They're all bad movies. The only good, truly enjoyable Star Wars movies made since the 80s are Rogue One and Solo.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15397458)
He sucked balls. An emo toddler with force powers. He was as bad a villain as Nero in Star Trek.

Again, I don't blame the actor. He was the victim of bad stories and bad directing.

I pretty much hate VII through IX as much as I do I through III. They're all bad movies. The only good, truly enjoyable Star Wars movies made since the 80s are Rogue One and Solo.

Exactly.

There was nothing "cool" or "calculating" about Kylo Ren.

He continually acted like a spoiled child and had zero control of his emotions. His "redemption" was about as a dumb as possible.

Buehler445 12-14-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 15397386)
Honestly the only bit of dialogue that would be upset by them facing in that time period would be at the beginning of the lightsaber battle, Vader references the fact that the last time they fought he was a learner & now he (Vader) is the master.

However given that in the prequels they made Anakin a member of the council & he had taken an apprentice in the clone wars series. So it's hard to argue that Anakin was still just a learner when he fought Obi Wan as he was already considered a Jedi master, had already taken an apprentice & was on the council.

He would have been just a learner in the ways of the Sith.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15397458)

That's what he was SUPPOSED to be.

He was never supposed to be Darth Vader.

Kylo was a believable character. Anakin was complete trash.

Frazod 12-14-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15397470)
Exactly.

There was nothing "cool" or "calculating" about Kylo Ren.

He continually acted like a spoiled child and had zero control of his emotions. His "redemption" was about as a dumb as possible.

It's really amazing how badly Jar Jar Abrams bumbled Star Wars and Star Trek. I've learned to hate that ****er the same way I do David Lynch.

Frazod 12-14-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15397629)
That's what he was SUPPOSED to be.

He was never supposed to be Darth Vader.

He was a punk ass bitch. I guess that's believable. Lord knows there's no shortage of punk ass bitches in the world. Doesn't change the fact that he was an absolutely awful villain.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15397648)
He was a punk ass bitch. I guess that's believable. Lord knows there's no shortage of punk ass bitches in the world. Doesn't change the fact that he was an absolutely awful villain.

That's the thing though - he was never intended to be.

He was intended to be a problem child.

It was a well executed character, both in terms of writing and acting, and the only reason to watch any of those stupid movies.

I can't say the same for Anakin at any point, except in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Frazod 12-14-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15397656)
That's the thing though - he was never intended to be.

He was intended to be a problem child.

It was a well executed character, both in terms of writing and acting, and the only reason to watch any of those stupid movies.

I can't say the same for Anakin at any point, except in the Clone Wars cartoon.

And that goes back to Jar Jar Abrams.

VII was basically a rehashing of the original movie with a whiny child as the bad guy, a girl as Luke, and Han Solo as Kenobi. There is NO reason to it. And sadly it's the best of the three.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15397629)

133 episodes of The Clone Wars animated series disagrees.

ScareCrowe 12-14-2020 04:25 PM

IMO this is the best thing Kylo Ren ever did.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FaOSCASqLsE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 12-14-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15397777)
133 episodes of The Clone Wars animated series disagrees.

He was fine in the Clone Wars.

Frazod 12-14-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 15397827)
IMO this is the best thing Kylo Ren ever did.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FaOSCASqLsE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was just thinking about this earlier. 100% agree.

DaneMcCloud 12-16-2020 08:54 PM

This should have been in the movie...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Rise of Skywalker concept art featuring Darth Malak, Revan, and Nihilus <a href="https://t.co/psUZuTfdJT">pic.twitter.com/psUZuTfdJT</a></p>&mdash; Star Wars Holocron (@sw_holocron) <a href="https://twitter.com/sw_holocron/status/1339383474751463425?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lawrenceRaider 12-17-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15397688)
And that goes back to Jar Jar Abrams.

VII was basically a rehashing of the original movie with a whiny child as the bad guy, a girl as Luke, and Han Solo as Kenobi. There is NO reason to it. And sadly it's the best of the three.

At least it actually felt like a SW movie, even if they had to plagiarize IV to do it.