ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Michael Vick - Chiefs QB Coaching Intern (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308929)

ChiefAshhole1056 07-25-2017 10:24 PM

I always was under the impression the offense with Pat would look much more like the days when Vick was running it opposed to how it is current day with Alex. Plenty more jet screens and playactions going deep. I'm here for it.

Nickhead 07-26-2017 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12973728)
If I was Vick i'd look into barber college.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lFLRr0qIUGM/hqdefault.jpg

Nickhead 07-26-2017 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12973970)
Aussies lick. Don't get an Aussie.

why do you think i moved down under? oh, wait, you are talking about dogs. :D

Reerun_KC 07-26-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12974203)
why do you think i moved down under? oh, wait, you are talking about dogs. :D

:clap:

Reerun_KC 07-26-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12974103)
No but he beat his pregnant girlfriend

So he beat his girlfriend and his wife?

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-26-2017 06:48 AM

Oh no , per KCCHIEFS.com :

As Vick’s desire was to work with young quarterbacks, he’ll obviously have that opportunity this summer with the Chiefs’ first-round pick, Patrick Mahomes, who much like Vick during his playing days, put up video-game like numbers in college.

Mahomes is absorbing everything Vick tells him like a sponge.

“He’s giving us tips that he learned when he was with Reid and the Eagles, talking about the drops and how you want to time them up,” Mahomes explained of what Vick has gone over after just one day of camp. “I mean, he had one of the best seasons in NFL history in this offense, so you just listen to everything he says.”

New World Order 07-26-2017 07:03 AM

I want to see Mahomes do this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTAiypz60dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 07-26-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12974227)

As Vick’s desire was to work with young quarterbacks, he’ll obviously have that opportunity this summer with the Chiefs’ first-round pick, Patrick Mahomes, who much like Vick during his playing days, put up video-game like numbers in college.

“He’s giving us tips that he learned when he was with Reid and the Eagles, talking about the drops and how you want to time them up,” Mahomes explained of what Vick has gone over after just one day of camp. “I mean, he had one of the best seasons in NFL history in this offense, so you just listen to everything he says.”

hopefully Pat doesn't listen to EVERYTHINNG he says.

Rasputin 07-26-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12974227)

Cool I bet he can learn a lot from M Vick and also help with the playbook.

staylor26 07-26-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12974032)
What is he going to learn?
Vick never learned, evolved to play from the pocket.
He didn't run as much under Reid, but he never became a guy that could go through progressions.
One read, check down or run was the game plan.

I don't see how he helps Doc Mahomes.

He did his time and has, by all accounts, been a model citizen since.

I think it's a little ridiculous to assume that there's absolutely nothing to learn from him. I don't even think the guy is going to be a good coach, but he definitely has to have some insight after playing in this offense and having success.

stumppy 07-26-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12974233)
Cool I bet he can learn a lot from M Vick and also help with the playbook.

Exactly.
It's not like Vick is there to teach PMII to play like he did. He's there to carry out the coaches training/coaching program. If any of you think AR is just going to turn him loose with PMII and not supervise it you're smoking crack.

milkman 07-26-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12974237)
I think it's a little ridiculous to assume that there's absolutely nothing to learn from him. I don't even think the guy is going to be a good coach, but he definitely has to have some insight after playing in this offense and having success.

Anything that Vick might bring can be learned from someone who has a better understanding of those things.

Breaking down film, making reads, working in the pocket. the things that Mahomes needs to work on are all things that Vick only has a remedial understanding.

Titty Meat 07-26-2017 07:52 AM

Mahomes will learn more from Kafka than Vick.

Rasputin 07-26-2017 08:23 AM

As a wise man once said "We'll be fine"

Chiefnj2 07-26-2017 09:13 AM

Vick is only around for three weeks. Part of a diversified training program.