ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

ToxSocks 02-01-2024 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17379235)
Taylor plays a fantastic game and we get a clip of him losing a single rep - "Bosa is gonna be a problem!!!"

Oh just **** right off...

Words right out of my mouth

philfree 02-01-2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17379260)
The shit he did last week should really worry folks. If he's reading the pressure and getting the ball out quick like that, there's just no answer.

Its as though you took the best parts of Rodgers and Brady and combined them into a single guy. A guy who will process you to death but if you make a mistake and anything breaks down, he'll be more than happy to cut your throat over the top as well.

This is next level football he's playing right now.

If he can repeat his performance against Spags and the Chiefs D remains to be seen but if he's getting the ball out quick we just need to get our hands up and bat that shit down.

CupidStunt 02-01-2024 10:41 AM

Since when has any edge rusher been a particularly big problem for this offense? Reid is a genius at scheming around that. Bosa played and even had a sack when we damn near hung a 50 burger on them in their house.

And yeah, it's a dumb, cherry-picked clip anyway. Taylor is a good pass-blocker when he's not getting targeted like crazy.

staylor26 02-01-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17379299)
If he can repeat his performance against Spags and the Chiefs D remains to be seen but if he's getting the ball out quick we just need to get our hands up and bat that shit down.

Ummm he's talking about Mahomes...

ToxSocks 02-01-2024 10:45 AM

I mean, we can get real deep into the X's and O's and matchup advantages and such but....

It's pretty damn simple:

Mahomes vs a struggling 49ers Defense that Reid and Co have figured out

OR

Brock Purdy vs the Chiefs Defense that's cranked it up a notch from their #2 ranking this postseason.

Yeah...so....i know where i'd put my money.

duncan_idaho 02-01-2024 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 17379302)
Since when has any edge rusher been a particularly big problem for this offense? Reid is a genius at scheming around that. Bosa played and even had a sack when we damn near hung a 50 burger on them in their house.

And yeah, it's a dumb, cherry-picked clip anyway. Taylor is a good pass-blocker when he's not getting targeted like crazy.

Maxx Crosby on Christmas Day is really the only pass rusher who has single-handedly wrecked KC. And that was more than just him overwhelming them.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2024 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17379311)
I mean, we can get real deep into the X's and O's and matchup advantages and such but....

It's pretty damn simple:

Mahomes vs a struggling 49ers Defense that Reid and Co have figured out

OR

Brock Purdy vs the Chiefs Defense that's cranked it up a notch from their #2 ranking this postseason.

Yeah...so....i know where i'd put my money.

I can't in good faith take a short, inexperienced, noodle-armed QB to do anything against Spags defense.

He'll need to be shitting tiffany cufflinks in this game with timing, smarts and accuracy.

Tall order against the best DC in football.

ToxSocks 02-01-2024 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17379316)
I can't in good faith take a short, inexperienced, noodle-armed QB to do anything against Spags defense.

He'll need to be shitting tiffany cufflinks in this game with timing, smarts and accuracy.

Especially with the pressure of having to keep up with Mahomes as he methodically picks that defense apart.

FringeNC 02-01-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17379315)
Maxx Crosby on Christmas Day is really the only pass rusher who has single-handedly wrecked KC. And that was more than just him overwhelming them.

I think Donovan Smith has been pretty decent since returning from injury. Probably better than OBJ last year. That Morris game against Oakland was ugly.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-01-2024 10:52 AM

Re: DI's last post

Shanahan run game is the poster child for a scheme that tries to isolate CBs and make them tackle on the edge.

Chiefs are the worst team in the league to do that to.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2024 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17379322)
Especially with the pressure of having to keep up with Mahomes as he methodically picks that defense apart.

Yeah I think Shanahan will help him there. They keep running the ball no matter what.

I expect the Chiefs to give up rushing yards in this game. We're down two starting DL.

The red zone and third down will be our path to victory.

At the end of the day this is just a worse version of the Eagles team from last year though, and our defense is on another plane.

And Mahomes isn't hurt. And Rice is a ****ing badass. And Kelce is healthy. And our tackles aren't slow plodding pieces of shit.

We're winning.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-01-2024 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17379316)

It will depend on the 50 50 trash hero balls...like the joke of a pass Aiyuk caught.

philfree 02-01-2024 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17379303)
Ummm he's talking about Mahomes...

Oh, well then never mind then.:doh!:

Yeah if Mahomes maintains his Playoff Mahomes performance the 9ers are in trouble.

duncan_idaho 02-01-2024 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17379328)
Re: DI's last post

Shanahan run game is the poster child for a scheme that tries to isolate CBs and make them tackle on the edge.

Chiefs are the worst team in the league to do that to.

Yeah, exactly.

Chiefs have:

1. Big DEs who set the edge against the run well and are trying to win with power, not speed

2. The ability to create interior presssure

3. Physical LBs who can run, are good coming downhill and to the sideline

4. Physical DBs who fight through WR blocks and tackle well

That's like, items 1-4 of what you need to be effective against the Shanahan offense.

FringeNC 02-01-2024 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17379267)
I keep having a lot of the same feelings I had going into Buffalo.

I felt like we could score whenever we needed against Buffalo but Buffalo has a couple of weapons that could give us trouble in Kincaid and Cook.

SF is very similar to Buffalo in that regard, but a little better. Kittle is a little better than Kincaid, CMC better than Cook, their WR duo is better than Buffalos as a complementary threat. Their defense is also bad but a little better than Buffalo's (in the condition it was in).

Now Buffalo had Allen who played very well and that serves as a bit of an equalizer. If Purdy can have a career game and be at/near the level Allen was, we're going to have trouble. Because at that point they're Buffalo but better.

But if I just put a 'representative' performance in there for Purdy - that's not going to be good enough.

Purdy has a bit of mobility and can throw on the move, but he's nothing like Josh Allen. Josh Allen is just scary to play. Even with those weapons the 49ers have, they don't scare you like Josh Allen scares you.