ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The 10pm thread (archived) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155926)

Bugeater 01-08-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
Huard quizá el hijo de Dios. El mece no sólo el país pero la ciudad. Yo lo vi abre para fusiles y rosas. La piedra rodante dijo que él preparó el camino para el metallica

Huard perhaps the God's son. The mece not only the country but the city. I saw it it opens for rifles and roses. The rolling stone said that he prepared the way for the metallica

Demonpenz 01-08-2007 01:08 AM

it's if your robbing a bank and your pants fall down don't shoot hostigages because come on life is funny

el borracho 01-08-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I got a seal of excellence on my high school diploma for foreign language (Spanish). I've forgotten most of it.

I was a half of a credit shy of getting a seal of excellence in business eduation too. I took typing instead of keyboarding.

Typing is probably more useful where you are but... everyone should learn at least one foreign language.

Demonpenz 01-08-2007 01:09 AM

Riffles and roses! lol guns and roses

luv 01-08-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
It's pretty funny translating stuff into Spanish, and then translating it back.

I started with:

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too, because, come on, life is funny.

En espanol:

Si usted roba un banco y ustedes son pantalones se caen, pienso que debe reírse bien y dejar a la risa de rehenes también, porque, venga en, la vida es graciosa.

Then translated back into English:

If you steal a bank and you are trousers they fall down, I think that he must laugh well and stop to the laugh of hostages also, because, it avenges in, the life is graceful.

Basic words can translate differently depending on the sentence. You try to translate a sentence as a whole, literally, and who knows what you might get.

Demonpenz 01-08-2007 01:10 AM

I am just glad i learned latin

Sam Hall 01-08-2007 01:11 AM

They told us in high school that we needed two years of spanish to enroll in a four-year college. What a crock that turned out to be.

Bugeater 01-08-2007 01:11 AM

Caray Carl! :cuss:

luv 01-08-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Typing is probably more useful where you are but... everyone should learn at least one foreign language.

Eh. I sucked at typing too. I got extra credit for that class by helping the teacher grade papers for her Intro to Business class (which I had aced the year before).

KurtCobain 01-08-2007 01:12 AM

damn taco bell never tasted finer.

Bugeater 01-08-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
They told us in high school that we needed two years of spanish to enroll in a four-year college. What a crock that turned out to be.

I took two years of Spanish and I'd still couldn't speak it to save my life.

Sam Hall 01-08-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

I took two years of Spanish and I'd still couldn't speak it to save my life.

same here

Demonpenz 01-08-2007 01:14 AM

Intro to business lol what the hell do you do in that class. Ok guys you want to spend less than you take in. Class dismissed!

Demonpenz 01-08-2007 01:14 AM

I can understand some spanish because I hear it all the time at work.

el borracho 01-08-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

It's pretty funny translating stuff into Spanish, and then translating it back.

Yep. It is funny when you read what it actually says and pretty funny when you realize what the person had wanted to say. Online translations are pretty easy to spot because they are very literal and have trouble deciding which word to use when a word has two meanings in one language and multiple words for the various meanings in the other language.