ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

GloryDayz 09-23-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11750945)
Man, this is hitting me hard. I just threw up a lot, for the third time today, and it really burned. I wonder if I should ring the doc?

They get paid a lot to answer your questions and concerns, and more information is always good on their side...

Lonewolf Ed 09-23-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 11750959)
I would. Certainly time to adjust something.

I read my instruction sheet and it said to call if I puke 4 to 6 different sessions in 24 hours. So, I am at 3.

GloryDayz 09-23-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11750993)
I read my instruction sheet and it said to call if I puke 4 to 6 different sessions in 24 hours. So, I am at 3.

Re-watch the Chiefs Indy game, or just the second half, you'll get the medical attention you seek...

Lonewolf Ed 09-23-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11751040)
Re-watch the Chiefs Indy game, or just the second half, you'll get the medical attention you seek...

I don't think I have the endurance to survive that!

cdcox 09-23-2015 08:18 PM

Ed, thanks for sharing. I've been following your journey. Your positive attitude is a real inspiration.

One of my coworkers had knee surgery in July. A couple of weeks ago, he got a growth on that knee. No big deal at first, then is started getting tender and sore. Turned out to be a very rare and aggressive form of cancer that loves to head for the lungs. We were all worried for him. Monday he got the good news that the cancer was confined to his knee. They are going to carve it up again, look for cancer free margins, radiate him and hopefully he will be good to go.

Stay strong. Octoberfest keeps really well. Sock a couple of sixes away and it will be waiting for you when you are ready.

Easy 6 09-23-2015 09:09 PM

Said it before and I'm gonna say it again... hair grows back, dookie and puke can be cleaned up, and aches eventually subside.

Easy for me to say, I know.

But theres only ONE "Fast Eddie," and that guy can handle anything... because he has too many things left to do.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

Lonewolf Ed 09-23-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11751094)
Ed, thanks for sharing. I've been following your journey. Your positive attitude is a real inspiration.

One of my coworkers had knee surgery in July. A couple of weeks ago, he got a growth on that knee. No big deal at first, then is started getting tender and sore. Turned out to be a very rare and aggressive form of cancer that loves to head for the lungs. We were all worried for him. Monday he got the good news that the cancer was confined to his knee. They are going to carve it up again, look for cancer free margins, radiate him and hopefully he will be good to go.

Stay strong. Octoberfest keeps really well. Sock a couple of sixes away and it will be waiting for you when you are ready.

I hope he gets even better news and that cancer is killed off and he gets back to normal. Please feel free to relate anything to him you have seen me post if you think it will help. Having a massive support group is crucial!

Lonewolf Ed 09-23-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11751295)
Said it before and I'm gonna say it again... hair grows back, dookie and puke can be cleaned up, and aches eventually subside.

Easy for me to say, I know.

But theres only ONE "Fast Eddie," and that guy can handle anything... because he has too many things left to do.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

Thanks, brother!

Buehler445 09-23-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11750945)
Man, this is hitting me hard. I just threw up a lot, for the third time today, and it really burned. I wonder if I should ring the doc?

**** the instructions. Call that dude. The worst case scenario you interrupted sexy time with his wife. You'd hate to be late to the party on addressing a major medical issue. There is a lot of shit going on in your body. There are times to be tough and push through. I don't think chemo is one of those times.

Buehler445 09-23-2015 11:05 PM

Stay safe big man.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-24-2015 02:16 AM

Good morning, Ed. Sorry to hear about the body fluid fiesta. I guess Sacc would call it the "golden era" of treatment.

In any event, I'm still praying for your health.

Lonewolf Ed 09-24-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11751618)
**** the instructions. Call that dude. The worst case scenario you interrupted sexy time with his wife. You'd hate to be late to the party on addressing a major medical issue. There is a lot of shit going on in your body. There are times to be tough and push through. I don't think chemo is one of those times.

I didn't hurl again after the third session. I ate some chicken noodle soup and jello. The annoying thing now is when I drink water, I get the hiccups. I just got up to take some meds, one of which I have to avoid dairy for 2 hours, so it will be a late breakfast for me. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are normal parts of my breakfast, so I will wait. Hopefully, everything stays down today. I get the pump removed at 4:45 pm and will tell the nurse about my vomiting sessions.

rabblerouser 09-24-2015 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11751618)

THIS

GloryDayz 09-24-2015 07:28 AM

I threw out a prayer for you this morning. Have a great day and fight on...

Lonewolf Ed 09-24-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11751774)
I threw out a prayer for you this morning. Have a great day and fight on...

Thanks. I feel pretty good today and am about to make breakfast. I can take some steroid med with it, but no anti-nausea ones. I put down two of those a few hours ago. It's strange, I have not throw up from eating; it has been hours after eating that I did. The first time was 16 hours after dinner. So, it is the chemo poisoning that was getting to me. I hope I don't puke in the cancer center today since I get my pump off at 4:45 pm. Or maybe it would serve 'em right!