ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338036)

htismaqe 05-25-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15686156)
And the Chris Jones contract looked like it wouldn't get done even the day before it actually got done. If the Veach really wants Julio and they have a trade structure agreed to, he'll figure out how to make the Mathieu extension work. He'll give in a little to some of Mathieus demands and play less hardball to get it done.

The Chris Jones deal was much farther along than where Matthieu is now. I don't agree with your statement at all.

-King- 05-25-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15686159)
The Chris Jones deal was much farther along than where Matthieu is now. I don't agree with your statement at all.

How do you know that lol

htismaqe 05-25-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15686158)
I'm not convinced the Chiefs want to extend him.

It certainly appears that they're not inclined to pya him what he currently wants.

At his age, it's not inconceivable that they'd prefer not to extend him to huge money.

htismaqe 05-25-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15686160)
How do you know that lol

Because there was all kinds of smoke about Jones' new deal leading up to his new deal.

Everybody knew it was going to get done.

Conversely, every report we have on Matthieu is that they're not even close to agreeing to terms.

You seem willing to ignore reality, so it's really not worth discussing further.

Kiimo 05-25-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15686123)
No, I get what you and ht are saying and I agree.

If we're talking a second round pick and a $15 mil. cap hit, the Chiefs simply cannot do that.

But for a 3rd and some salary cap offset (get him under $10 mil. this year), plus a depth WR (DRob?), then I think the juice might be worth the squeeze in that scenario . . . . . .

I would say if that is the cost someone else would jump in front of us with a better offer.

Hell they may get a second from draft-rich team

BossChief 05-25-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15685917)
I want Julio too. I think he'd make an excellent addition if Veach can wave a magic wand and just make it all work somehow.

But i'm also a realist, so i just got done watching Mecole Hardman's 2020 highlights as i fully expect him to be our #2 WR.

Even in a perfect world where Mecole plays to his potential...the injury risk is still there for he and Tyreek.

If either of them go down, this is one of the worst WR corps in the AFC.

htismaqe 05-25-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15686175)
Even in a perfect world where Mecole plays to his potential...the injury risk is still there for he and Tyreek.

If either of them go down, this is one of the worst WR corps in the AFC.

You could say that about a lot of teams.

It's the same thing with the offensive line argument. How many teams are 4 deep at every position? NONE.

staylor26 05-25-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15686182)
You could say that about a lot of teams.

It's the same thing with the offensive line argument. How many teams are 4 deep at every position? NONE.

Exactly.

Rausch 05-25-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15686164)
Conversely, every report we have on Matthieu is that they're not even close to agreeing to terms.

I'm kind of surprised by that.

He seemed to really like it here and Veach seemed to really want him. I know it all changes come contract time and hardball is played by all but I wouldn't have expected it to be difficult...

htismaqe 05-25-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15686198)
I'm kind of surprised by that.

He seemed to really like it here and Veach seemed to really want him. I know it all changes come contract time and hardball is played by all but I wouldn't have expected it to be difficult...

Matthieu wants to be the highest-paid safety in the league and he's probably earned it, to be honest. He's definitely top 3.

From the Chiefs side though, he's not getting any younger, he's undersized, and he's had a few injury problems.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-25-2021 03:21 PM

Mathieu can hit the market to see if other teams are willing to pay what he's looking for. Nothing wrong with that.

Rainbarrel 05-25-2021 03:22 PM

Julio should work a deal with the Falcons. To get moved next season when the cap is not ****ed. If health is not an issue.

ForeverIowan 05-25-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15686159)

There was radio silence between Chris Jones and the Chiefs for MONTHS and Jones was even threatening to hold out. There was a lot of speculative trade talk surrounding Jones right up until his extension was announced. You are so far offbase with the above.

If Veach wants to get the freaking Mathieu extension done it will happen within a matter of hours.

The below article of "Chiefs and Chris Jones have never been further apart" was posted on July 5th. Jones' extension was finalized a week later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....as-city-chiefs

htismaqe 05-25-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 15686216)
There was radio silence between Chris Jones and the Chiefs for MONTHS and Jones was even threatening to hold out. There was a lot of speculative trade talk surrounding Jones right up until his extension was announced. You are so far offbase with the above.

If Veach wants to get the freaking Mathieu extension done it will happen within a matter of hours.

ROFL

ForeverIowan 05-25-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15686217)
ROFL

You are literally pulling shit out of your ass.