ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

chiefscafan 03-29-2017 08:33 AM

Lot of searching here if not for season ending injury would've been selected earlier

The Tennessee Titans select Eddie Jackson, S/CB, Alabama

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 08:52 AM

Elway was on the john but everything went smoothly so he's ready to make his pick.

The Broncos realize they're swapping floor for ceiling here as there are a few picks on the board that represent more 'sure things' at this juncture. This feels like it might be about 20 picks too early but I don't think Denver gets another shot at this cat if they don't take him here.

Denver takes, Derek Rivers, DE/OLB, Youngstown State

I feel like this will hurt my 'score' as I don't know that he'll go this early; probably a 4th rounder. But I'm smarter than 32 NFL general managers and front offices so **** those guys. If I were running the show, this is who I'd take. The tools, man. Just so many tools. Spent some time with his hand on the ground so he has a few hand-fighting tools that some edge rushers won't have at this stage in the draft. It also means he could slide in-line for sub packages in Nickel and Dime formations. He has the athleticism to operate in space and be viable in coverage as well.

This kid has so much upside that it's scary. More likely to be a washout in 3 years than anything special, but at least the ability to be special is there.

kccrow 03-29-2017 09:14 AM

The Seattle Seahawks select Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte

DJ's left nut 03-29-2017 09:58 AM

One pick away from another opportunity for everyone to call Boss Chief an asshole (and for Hoover to get oddly irritated over a fake draft pick).

Still some awfully nice players on the board.

The Franchise 03-29-2017 10:00 AM

I hope he goes kicker.

Titty Meat 03-29-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12802034)
One pick away from another opportunity for everyone to call Boss Chief an asshole (and for Hoover to get oddly irritated over a fake draft pick).

That was hilarious.

Hoover 03-29-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

I've been hitting refresh all morning!

LOL

FYI: Ole Hoov is in the midst of a local issue for a client so he's a little on edge. I basically attack everything that walks in my office.

Sfeihc 03-29-2017 10:21 AM

BossReach is doing a fine job as CHIEFS GM but this draft is as loaded as any in recent memory.

Dorsey and Co. could easily walk with 4 starters from this draft.

RealSNR 03-29-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12802008)
The Seattle Seahawks select Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte

You smell of sweaty buttholes

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-29-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Meh... I wasn't a fan of either the Mahomes or the Williams pick. Mahomes just isn't worth that 1st round pick IMO. But that's debatable.

Personally, would have gone Barnett, Charlton, Watt, King, White or even Jarrad Davis in the 1st. Having watched Williams play quite a bit for Bama - (I'm a pseudo Bama fan since the wife is from Mobile and forces me to watch their games) - he's about as overrated as you can get. 2nd round pick was much more displeasing. I'd have DAMNED SURE picked Quincy Wilson. But that's just me, and probably why i'm not in here drafting for one of these teams. lol

The 3rd round pick was OK, but nothing to get excited about. I like Marcus Williams, but probably not enough to take him there. The only way he makes up for passing on Wilson earlier is by taking the other guy at DB that might still be available with the comp pick.

staylor26 03-29-2017 11:35 AM

The New Orleans Saints select Joe Mathis, DE/OLB, Washington

I'm going to double down on pass rushers to end the Saints woes in that department once and for all. Mathis is one my biggest sleepers in the draft.

The Franchise 03-29-2017 11:38 AM

And the Chiefs are on the clock.

BossChief 03-29-2017 11:41 AM

In the 3rd round of the 2017 CP mock, The Kansas City Chiefs select Rasul Douglas, CB, WV he only ran a 4.58 40, but Peters ran a 4.53 and has done just fine. Kid lead college football with 8ints and has superb ball skills. Kinda reminds me of Browner. He's a big corner, too. 6'2" 210. 1 year guy, but very talented. Big press corner.

Fire away.

The Franchise 03-29-2017 11:44 AM

2027. LMAO This kid is what....10 now?

O.city 03-29-2017 11:44 AM

Yuck.

Boss, I hope I get to pick for the chiefs in a year or 2, after this draft they're gonna have top 10 picks