ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So, what’s this Sneed trade gonna end up being? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352689)

Red Dawg 03-16-2024 03:38 PM

Veach knows what the team needs going forward. He's the GM with 3 rings. He knows what Andy, Spags and Mahomes needs to keep winning down the road. He put Sneed on the trade block so STFU about paying him on the tag. If he wanted to do that he would have used a different tag.Clearly that's not what he thinks is best.

Sofa King 03-16-2024 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 17446782)
I don’t think we will be signing any other starter caliber player in FA.

We have 9 draft picks and only are really missing a starter at LT and depth at RB and OT. Why would we sell out to get $19.8M in space at this point of FA?

Future years aren’t relevant since Sneed would just walk or be tagged and traded at the end of the year. The cap limit is also probably going to raise by another $15m+ in 2025.

I know he’s publicly said he’d play on the tag but I’d speculate the scenario where we trade him for a 3rd doesn’t have as much to do with immediate cap space as it does his agent pushing against him playing on a tag behind the scenes. I am hoping he ends up staying and playing on it.

We only have 7 picks and it's always likely he'll use some to trade up

RunKC 03-16-2024 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 17446340)
Do you really think he’s gonna trade him for a 3rd? The chiefs would get a 3rd next year from him simply leaving as a free agent.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let me explain this plainly:<br><br>1. Read up on how comp picks happen. Chiefs could cancel the comp pick very easily in free agency.<br><br>2. There is no guarantee Sneed gets one of the top free agent contracts in the NFL in one year.<br><br>3. He didn’t even win all pro last year! <a href="https://t.co/kat9MTM5Wb">https://t.co/kat9MTM5Wb</a></p>&mdash; Conner Christopherson (@Conner_DKC) <a href="https://twitter.com/Conner_DKC/status/1769075143614345565?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 16, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 03-16-2024 04:00 PM

I really wish people would **** off on this comp pick bullshit. If I have a choice between a 3rd this year and a comp pick next year....I'm taking the 3rd this year. It's guaranteed.

Sassy Squatch 03-16-2024 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17446827)
I really wish people would **** off on this comp pick bullshit. If I have a choice between a 3rd this year and a comp pick next year....I'm taking the 3rd this year. It's guaranteed.

Feel the same way about folks using the Panthers being a dog shit organization and getting their faces ****ed once again as justification for a 3rd round pick being about what we should expect. **** that nonsense, those reeruns getting fleeced for Burns should have next to nothing to do with our trade negotiations, and a 3rd and chaffe is ****ing dog shit for Sneed.

KingPriest2 03-16-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 17446782)
I don’t think we will be signing any other starter caliber player in FA.

We have 9 draft picks and only are really missing a starter at LT and depth at RB and OT. Why would we sell out to get $19.8M in space at this point of FA?

Future years aren’t relevant since Sneed would just walk or be tagged and traded at the end of the year. The cap limit is also probably going to raise by another $15m+ in 2025.

I know he’s publicly said he’d play on the tag but I’d speculate the scenario where we trade him for a 3rd doesn’t have as much to do with immediate cap space as it does his agent pushing against him playing on a tag behind the scenes. I am hoping he ends up staying and playing on it.

We have 7 picks not 9

MahomesMagic 03-16-2024 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17446832)
Feel the same way about folks using the Panthers being a dog shit organization and getting their faces ****ed once again as justification for a 3rd round pick being about what we should expect. **** that nonsense, those reeruns getting fleeced for Burns should have next to nothing to do with our trade negotiations, and a 3rd and chaffe is ****ing dog shit for Sneed.

Yeah, they were offered much more for Burns the year before but decided they wanted to get ripped off this year.

Their stupidity should not be our standard.

Monticore 03-16-2024 04:11 PM

Quote:

I think the comp would kick in the year after next , at the end of the third , vs a third in the middle of the round this year and maybe a pick in the middle round next year .

xztop123 03-16-2024 04:11 PM

Third seems a little low.

I think spags doesn’t agree w that compensation. I think he likes sneed a lot. Thinks he’s a top press man corner in league

YontsRBake 03-16-2024 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17446816)
We only have 7 picks and it's always likely he'll use some to trade up

I was mistakenly counting the 2 late round traded picks.

If we packaged, I’d imagine it would be for a LT. Beyond LT, we don’t really have any needs beyond taking a WR and RB with the other picks. Why would we need $19.8m at this point of the off-season? Most of our final 53 is likely already currently on the roster.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-16-2024 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 17446841)
Third seems a little low.

I think spags doesn’t agree w that compensation. I think he likes sneed a lot. Thinks he’s a top press man corner in league

Theres a discrepancy between what Sneed thinks he's worth and what other teams think he's worth. And Veach clearly thinks his value is a 2nd this year and no less, and if he doesn't get what he wants we likely just have him play on the tag.

BossChief 03-16-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

It’s tough because it’s hard to put everything into the 3-peat basket. The difference you’re talking about also gives us that extra year with a total shutdown guy across from McDuffie.

In today’s NFL, having 2 straight up unicorn erasers at CB is priceless.

We’re chasing history here.

I think there’s more to this.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-16-2024 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17446848)
Theres a discrepancy between what Sneed thinks he's worth and what other teams think he's worth. And Veach clearly thinks his value is a 2nd this year and no less, and if he doesn't get what he wants we likely just have him play on the tag.

It's the best thing for the 3peat. Next year FA is going to be nightmare material if we can't trade Sneed however.

Second thought... it might be a nightmare either way. We need these picks to replenish what we'll lose for the 4peat.

493rd 03-16-2024 04:29 PM

If Sneed plays 24’ with the Chiefs I’ll be thrilled and also very surprised. Regardless of what happens at least we’ll know it was the right decision because that’s what Brett Veach does.

RunKC 03-16-2024 04:34 PM

Quote:

Another reason a 3rd this year is better than the comp pick: the comp pick could be roughly pick 99-102. 20 spots lower than 82 this year.

But again I’d be pissed if we didn’t get a 2