ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280244)

Fish 10-28-2022 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16559965)
New adaptation of All Quiet on the Western front is coming in to rave reviews (95% RT). Excited to watch.

Trailer looks really good...

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qFqgmaO15x4" title="All Quiet on the Western Front | Official Teaser | Netflix" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 10-28-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16560766)
Elvis was excellent and I loved the way they did the whole movie. Hanks was incredible in his role.

Accidentally thumbs downed while scrolling

ThaVirus 10-29-2022 09:24 PM

Barbarian was.. interesting.

MarkDavis'Haircut 10-29-2022 10:20 PM

Was excited for the newest Gawain and the Green Knight movie.

The completely inaccurate casting ruined the film.

The quest for the great Arthurian movie continues.

Fish 10-29-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16563386)
Barbarian was.. interesting.

I thought that didn't come out yet? Is there a bootleg copy out? Checking now.

EDIT: Yup. Downloaded in under a minute. Google Fiber ****s.

ThaVirus 10-30-2022 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16563471)
I thought that didn't come out yet? Is there a bootleg copy out? Checking now.

EDIT: Yup. Downloaded in under a minute. Google Fiber ****s.

It's on HBO Max as well.

Post your thoughts on it once you've watched..

KCUnited 10-30-2022 07:11 AM

The Stranger on Netflix is really well done.

Creepy crime thriller set in Australia.

Buehler445 10-30-2022 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16563598)
The Stranger on Netflix is really well done.

Creepy crime thriller set in Australia.

Yeah, I recommended it to a dude looking for cop dramas that now no longer exist.

But I’m guessing you have to bring a bit of a mood to watch it. It definitely has a distinct tone.

Buehler445 10-30-2022 07:27 AM

The inheritance is a good watch. I was expecting not much of anything at all but it’s really good. You have to suspend disbelief a bit for the initial premise, but it did a good job of not being too obvious.

Lilly Collins (who is underrated hot AF IMO) and Simon Pegg both delivered excellent, really inspired performances.

And the production and writing were really tight. I’d really recommend it.

KCUnited 10-30-2022 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16563614)
Yeah, I recommended it to a dude looking for cop dramas that now no longer exist.

But I’m guessing you have to bring a bit of a mood to watch it. It definitely has a distinct tone.

While far from a comedy, I got a pretty good chuckle out of the opening scene where dude is jogging in place in the aisle of a bus when people are trying to sleep given the events in sports this week.

Hammock Parties 10-31-2022 09:02 AM

watched Communion last night

LMAO

Frazod 10-31-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16563434)

1981's Excalibur. That's pretty much the end of it.

BigBeauford 10-31-2022 06:24 PM

All Quiet on the Western Front is a very effective anti-war movie for sure.

Stryker 10-31-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16560997)
Trailer looks really good...

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qFqgmaO15x4" title="All Quiet on the Western Front | Official Teaser | Netflix" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the movie I am most interested in! LOVE the WWI theme! :thumb:

Stryker 10-31-2022 08:26 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hf8EYbVxtCY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 10-31-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16567506)

c'mon, first knight is a good romp

great score and great final battle/death scene

Frazod 11-01-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16568025)
c'mon, first knight is a good romp

great score and great final battle/death scene

Seen it once. Barely remember it. So I really can't discuss it intelligently, except to say if it was even remotely close to Excalibur I'd be able to.

Pepe Silvia 11-01-2022 12:43 PM

I’m waiting for a good new movie to come out, can anyone recommend anything?

BigBeauford 11-01-2022 01:01 PM

For those who have seen it, I think I still give 1917 the edge over AQOTWF. I think 1917 is just a marvelous use of cinematography and story focus. It's what makes cinema the best way to tell a story.

the steam 11-01-2022 01:05 PM

Combat scenes in this movie are awesome!

Just Passin' By 11-01-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16563434)

Not a fan of Excalibur, then?*

*Asking again because Frazod's post didn't generate a response from you.

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-01-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 16570218)
Not a fan of Excalibur, then?*

*Asking again because Frazod's post didn't generate a response from you.

Haven't seen it yet.

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-01-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16567506)

I will have to check it out.

Arthur would play better as a TV series. The films try to stuff too much into a short time period. Of course, no one could do it justice today. They would ruin it with inaccurate casting and themes.

Frazod 11-01-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16570224)
Haven't seen it yet.

You've never seen Excalibur? Wow. I guess I sometimes forgot not everybody's old. :D

It's one of the great movies that came out when I was in high school. Alien, Empire Strikes Back, Excalibur, Conan the Barbarian, American Werewolf in London, Blade Runner and Star Trek II are the standouts. I guess you could also add Return of the Jedi to the list, although I saw it month after I graduated.

As for Excalibur, you should watch it at your first opportunity. While it's not perfect, it is a fantastic movie with a great score and awesome battle scenes. Look for Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson and Gabriel Byrne in early supporting roles. Also, nice side boob shot of young(ish) Helen Mirren, who played Morgana. But the best performance was by Nicol Williamson, who played Merlin - a scenery chewing lunatic who absolutely stole the show. And much like Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn from Game of Thrones, Williamson and Mirren had previously dated and hated each others' guts. But unlike GoT, where Headey and Flynn famously refused to have any scenes together, Williamson and Mirren did, and their real life contempt for each other really made their scenes together that much better.

mr. tegu 11-02-2022 05:15 AM

All Quiet on the Western Front is really good. Very intense. They don’t hold back on the realities of trench warfare and do a pretty good job of showing the stark contrast between the soldiers on the front lines compared to more senior officers in their estates or headquarters. I never did see 1917 for some reason so I can’t compare it to that.

Coogs 11-02-2022 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16569302)
I’m waiting for a good new movie to come out, can anyone recommend anything?

If you like murder-mystery type movies, Where the Crawdads Sing is pretty good. Set in the backwoods of North Carolina back in the 1960's.

BigBeauford 11-02-2022 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16570868)
All Quiet on the Western Front is really good. Very intense. They don’t hold back on the realities of trench warfare and do a pretty good job of showing the stark contrast between the soldiers on the front lines compared to more senior officers in their estates or headquarters. I never did see 1917 for some reason so I can’t compare it to that.

I won't spoil it for you, but the "thing" 1917 does, it does incredibly well. I thought it was the best movie that year, better than Parasite.

scho63 11-03-2022 03:47 PM

Any see The Banshees of Inisherin yet?

Buehler445 11-05-2022 07:38 AM

So I hadn't heard of it. I must have missed it when it came out, but Man on a Ledge is a decent watch. I didn't see a lot of it coming (although I'll admit I was doing FSA reports through most all of it.

Coochie liquor 11-16-2022 09:45 PM

Just finished watching Don’t Worry Darling. Was a really weird movie. But… I plan on watching it 200000 more times simply for Florence Pugh. Jesus she is impossible to take your eyes off. Stunningly beautiful!

Nickhead 11-19-2022 12:45 AM

Q?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Q6005GJsDw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EPodolak 11-19-2022 01:31 AM

Saw "The Menu" last night. Felt like A24 (it's not), but a demented and funny satire of fine dining.

Coochie liquor 11-19-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 16570875)
If you like murder-mystery type movies, Where the Crawdads Sing is pretty good. Set in the backwoods of North Carolina back in the 1960's.

Just added it to my list! Sounds very promising!

luv 11-21-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 16612706)
Saw "The Menu" last night. Felt like A24 (it's not), but a demented and funny satire of fine dining.

We saw it Saturday and LOVED it. If you work in the food industry, have ever worked in the food industry, or know someone who works in the food industry, especially fine dining, you have to go see this.

sd4chiefs 11-26-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 16612706)

If you like deeply disturbing movies this one is for you.

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-26-2022 01:21 PM

The Menu is a prime example of the depravity of modern society. What a meaningless film.

EPodolak 11-26-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16627076)
The Menu is a prime example of the depravity of modern society. What a meaningless film.

Hmm, I'd argue it's a silly movie *about* the depravity. It's satire.

As for "meaningless", to each their own.

BigRichard 11-26-2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 16627101)
Hmm, I'd argue it's a silly movie *about* the depravity. It's satire.

As for "meaningless", to each their own.

Exactly... It was a great movie. We went and saw it last night and I think there was about 10 other people in the theater watching it. My wife leaned over at one point to tell me to quit laughing my ass off. The scene where they give the guy in the chicken coop his prize... I just about lost it.

Fish 11-30-2022 10:24 PM

LMAO........

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DuWEEKeJLMI" title="Cocaine Bear | Official Trailer [HD]" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 11-30-2022 10:30 PM

ROFL

And this guy, to boot -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y-YC3jUV-O4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 12-07-2022 09:57 AM

So I'm not normally a subtitle guy, but this looks awesome. 2 part 3 Musketeers that isn't campy? Where do I sign up?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MmSMeJQRpBs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 12-07-2022 04:58 PM

That looks pretty dark and heavy. I'll be checking that out.

And I would sit and listen to Eva Green narrate an entire 1000 page tax law book if she read it in French. Preferably dressed provocatiely, if not just butt ass naked.

Buehler445 12-07-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16652685)

And I would sit and listen to Eva Green narrate an entire 1000 page tax law book if she read it in French. Preferably dressed provocatiely, if not just butt ass naked.

Definitely.

I'd win wars for a longing look from Eva Green.

Kiimo 12-07-2022 05:04 PM

Where is the Avatar thread?

They screened it yesterday to rave reviews from legit sources.

I'm actually mad because I don't want to like or see the new Avatar but I'm hearing it's way better than the first.

ThaVirus 12-07-2022 05:16 PM

I ****ing love Avatar. It's simple but enjoyable and incredible to look at. I love the setting and the characters are likeable enough.

I don't know why everyone hates it so much.

Baby Lee 12-07-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16652685)

Holy shit, I'm too old for this kind of epiphany.

The connection between friends and enemies.

Friend in French is un ami. Or des amis if plural.

And Latinate negation is to put a- or an- as a prefix [metabolic versus anabolic, sexual versus asexual].

So does enemy have roots in an-ami? Is in not friend?

Edit - appears to be so, and should have been more obvious to me. More directly enemy has roots comparable to the distinction between 'amicable' and 'inimical' - ie, helpful versus not-helpful --> harmful . . . friend --> enemy

Iconic 12-09-2022 08:31 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UKCmefQdplI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dunno if it has been mentioned but just got done watching this. Absolutely amazing. Felt like I had been donkey kicked in the face by truth bombs by the end of it. If you got the time to handle all the ****ed up shit within you for a day and heal long term... this is worth a watch.

Baby Lee 12-09-2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16656182)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UKCmefQdplI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dunno if it has been mentioned but just got done watching this. Absolutely amazing. Felt like I had been donkey kicked in the face by truth bombs by the end of it. If you got the time to handle all the ****ed up shit within you for a day and heal long term... this is worth a watch.

Jonah Hill is immortal for being in the most sublime paparazzi photo ever, encapsulating so much more about the era than could have been captured purposefully. One day it will hang in the Louvre.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EESGkvDW...jpg&name=large

Fish 12-10-2022 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16656336)
One day it will hang in the Louvre.

LMAO

Frazod 12-10-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16652730)
I ****ing love Avatar. It's simple but enjoyable and incredible to look at. I love the setting and the characters are likeable enough.

I don't know why everyone hates it so much.

You mean Dances With Blue Aliens?

Avatar reminds me of the old joke about a bodybuilder who starts stripping down in front of the girl he just picked up. He rips off his shirt, flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he strips off his pants, again flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he peels off his underwear and she says "four tons of raw dynamite with a two inch fuse!"

Or the description of Nuke from Bull Durham - a million dollar arm with a ten cent head.

Or a lavishly decorated package under the Christmas tree that you drool over for weeks that ends up containing a pack of Bic razors.

That's Avatar. The special effects were visionary; stunning; amazing. The first 20 minutes or so were, for me, the closest thing I've experienced in the theater to the joy and wonder I felt the first time I saw Star Wars as a kid. But after that... ****. The story was an unoriginal, plagiaristic bore, utterly predictable and frankly pathetic. It's like they spent untold millions on the visuals and minimum wage on the script. I walked out of the theater annoyed and insulted. I have zero desire to see the sequel. Absolutely zero. Cameron can kiss my ass. If he wants to do another movie ripping on the evils of rich white men, he should try an autobiography.

KCUnited 12-10-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16656182)

I watched this the other night. While I'm mostly indifferent with this kind of stuff and the "I love you man", "I love you too man" stuff is way outside of my comfort zone, there were some tools shared that I took away.

Going through a longer than anticipated recovery from an injury earlier this year, identifying and facing your "X" hit home. There's definitely some value in watching this even if your not depressed.

Kiimo 12-10-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16656336)
Jonah Hill is immortal for being in the most sublime paparazzi photo ever, encapsulating so much more about the era than could have been captured purposefully. One day it will hang in the Louvre.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EESGkvDW...jpg&name=large

What am I missing here

Baby Lee 12-10-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16656719)
What am I missing here

Look closer at the mochaccino

Buehler445 12-10-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16656754)

Shit.

Never hold that bitch by the lid. Ever.

Pepe Silvia 12-10-2022 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16656792)
Shit.

Never hold that bitch by the lid. Ever.

Especially when they put it on loose half the time.

Pepe Silvia 12-10-2022 05:19 PM

I just watched Olivia Wilde’s new movie “Don’t Worry Darling.” It was meh but Florence Pugh sure was nice to look at.

BigRichard 12-10-2022 08:34 PM

Wife and I watched Barbarian tonight... definitely has a few WTF moments... pretty good movie for the most part. I did have a huge problem with the "In no way shape or form am I going down there again... welp... I am going down there again moment."

BigRichard 12-10-2022 08:37 PM

My mom, my wife and I all watched All Quiet On The Western Front a couple of weeks ago. When it got done we all pretty much looked at each other and all said... that was a depressing movie. It was good... but very depressing.

blake5676 12-10-2022 09:35 PM

Anybody wanna drop their White Lotus finale predictions down in here before tomorrow?

Who’s floating in the ocean and who put them there?

This show is so good…really was unsure a second season could be as good as the first but I think I like it even better. Mike White is killing it again IMO.

blake5676 12-10-2022 10:19 PM

And I definitely posted this in the wrong thread. What a moron.

EPodolak 12-10-2022 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 16657467)
Anybody wanna drop their White Lotus finale predictions down in here before tomorrow?

Who’s floating in the ocean and who put them there?

This show is so good…really was unsure a second season could be as good as the first but I think I like it even better. Mike White is killing it again IMO.

Would you say it's a Must Watch Series even?

(...but yeah I agree the show works.)

Buehler445 12-10-2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16657423)
My mom, my wife and I all watched All Quiet On The Western Front a couple of weeks ago. When it got done we all pretty much looked at each other and all said... that was a depressing movie. It was good... but very depressing.

I love WWI shit. But I’ve postponed that one because I’m guessing you need to be in the mood.

srvy 12-10-2022 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16656487)
You mean Dances With Blue Aliens?

Avatar reminds me of the old joke about a bodybuilder who starts stripping down in front of the girl he just picked up. He rips off his shirt, flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he strips off his pants, again flexes his muscles and says "two tons of raw dynamite!" Then he peels off his underwear and she says "four tons of raw dynamite with a two inch fuse!"

Or the description of Nuke from Bull Durham - a million dollar arm with a ten cent head.

Or a lavishly decorated package under the Christmas tree that you drool over for weeks that ends up containing a pack of Bic razors.

That's Avatar. The special effects were visionary; stunning; amazing. The first 20 minutes or so were, for me, the closest thing I've experienced in the theater to the joy and wonder I felt the first time I saw Star Wars as a kid. But after that... ****. The story was an unoriginal, plagiaristic bore, utterly predictable and frankly pathetic. It's like they spent untold millions on the visuals and minimum wage on the script. I walked out of the theater annoyed and insulted. I have zero desire to see the sequel. Absolutely zero. Cameron can kiss my ass. If he wants to do another movie ripping on the evils of rich white men, he should try an autobiography.

ROFL

We must protect the Pee PolesROFL

If I see that trailer one more time during football I am going to explode.

Bowser 12-11-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16656754)

I was going to say the all black outfit, quasi-annoyed look under a 75% beard, arm tats, and ear pods.

Kiimo 12-12-2022 07:34 PM

That coffee is not as large as I thought lol that was like an optical illusion

BigRichard 12-13-2022 08:30 PM

Just got done watching Peele's Nope... WTF. I would say a 5 out of 10 on that. Wife didn't care much for it either.

BigRichard 01-05-2023 11:28 AM

This looks pretty good...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P3GHUy-sAzU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 01-07-2023 11:39 AM

I enjoyed Nope

It was a bit scattered but felt like something new and the cinematography was superb. Soundtrack is fire too.

stumppy 01-08-2023 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16711369)
This looks pretty good...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P3GHUy-sAzU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Getting a major "What We Do in the Shadows" vibe.

ThaVirus 01-29-2023 07:31 AM

The Menu was pretty weird. Not really my style of movie.

That cheeseburger did look amazing though.

Buehler445 02-01-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16769643)

Yeah, I'm just finishing it up. It was weird AF. And yes, I would have housed that cheeseburger.

markdis 02-03-2023 05:27 AM

You People on Netflix - 7/10. Romantic comedy which turned out to be pretty funny. We watched it with out new 4k projector and it gave this movie even more charm. I wanted to have one of those devices for quite some time and recently read couple of articles on Projectors Land. It helped me to make my final decision and must admit it was a very good choice.

BigBeauford 02-03-2023 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16769643)

I really enjoyed The Menu, even if Nicholas Hoult's character made it hard to suspend my disbelief because he was too one dimensional in his cultishness.

Buehler445 02-03-2023 10:00 AM

I watched Whip It. Hadn't ever heard of it before. I was like whatever I'll just kick it on while I'm knocking shit out in the office. It was pretty danged good.

As unlikeable as Ellen (at the time) Page became, she (at the time) was really good in this. So was Drew Barrymore, who've I've never thought was very good...in anything. It was a pretty shallow role, but she made me laugh every time. Plus she directed it, and from a directorial perspective, it was pretty solid.

Don't go in expecting much, but if you get a chance, it's worth a look.

mlyonsd 02-03-2023 01:44 PM

A Man Called Otto was good. Wife and I both liked it.

ToxSocks 02-03-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markdis (Post 16786588)
You People on Netflix - 7/10

Watched this the other night with the wife. Surprisingly funny, though i doubt a lot here will like it because "The Message". If you're the type that gets bent out of shape over making fun of Karens and the such, this might not be for you.

BigRichard 02-05-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 16787147)
A Man Called Otto was good. Wife and I both liked it.

It was a really good movie. Both my wife and I loved it but I had to roll my eyes at

Spoiler!

Rausch 02-11-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 16720866)
Getting a major "What We Do in the Shadows" vibe.

There will be deep cuts. This isn't Cage's first go round with the vampire genre. Plenty of comedy to mine there...

ThaVirus 02-11-2023 11:05 PM

M3gan was enjoyable enough but nothing special. It’s more one that I’d recommend to a preteen who is just getting into horror.

ToxSocks 02-17-2023 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16799350)
M3gan was enjoyable enough but nothing special. It’s more one that I’d recommend to a preteen who is just getting into horror.

Surprisingly better than i thought it'd be. It was clever enough and didn't take itself too seriously. There was surprisingly good character depth.

Not a true horror movie, but fun enough for a date night or a popcorn night with the kids or something.

Better than you'd initially think it would be, i'd say.