ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328152)

FringeNC 01-28-2024 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17371623)
Below Mahomes’ personal level of untouchable greatness.

I’d put the follow QB’s… just in the AFC… over Lamar.

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
CJ Stroud
Suckbert
Trevor Lawrence
Aaron Rodgers

Yep. Josh Allen is so much better than Lamar Jackson. Would a single GM take Jackson over Mahomes or Allen?

farmerchief 01-28-2024 06:03 PM

Jackson is a great athlete and a great runner, but, he still hasn’t learned to throw passes that need to be caught at critical times!

BlackHelicopters 01-28-2024 06:04 PM

Jackson choked on his own cum.

PunkinDrublic 01-28-2024 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17371548)
I'd probably give Zay Flowers some credit here.

I was really proud of the refs for the taunting call. It seems like we never get those, and as the play ended I was shouting at the TV screen to call it. I'm delighted that they did.

For that one drive yes but Lamar had time after time to bring the Ravens back into the game with a TD and he choked. You can’t tell me a lot of those bad throws weren’t Lamar pressing.

FloridaMan88 01-28-2024 06:12 PM

Lamar can’t operate and run an actual NFL offense.

Today all of his production was off broken plays.

Can’t win a playoff game with that style of play.

Buehler445 01-28-2024 06:12 PM

Hard for me to hate on him too much. If Mahomes didn’t exist he’d be headed to Vegas to gangrape the 9ers or Detroit again.

But MOTHER**** the Mahomes haters

ThaVirus 01-28-2024 06:13 PM

He’s still a good QB and exceptional football player.

He’ll need to shake that playoff monkey off his back, though.

007 01-28-2024 06:13 PM

Skip will paint a picture of Lamar almost single handedly brought his team back and outplayed mahomes. It will be comical.

KC_Connection 01-28-2024 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17355927)
Force him to throw the ball on late downs from the pocket and I'll take my chances. Has never not been the case.

And Spags did that. Lamar isn't winning any game where he has to pass to win it.

The guy is getting gifted an MVP just because he had the good fortune of being on the most complete team in the league this year.

KC_Connection 01-28-2024 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 17371722)
Yep. Josh Allen is so much better than Lamar Jackson. Would a single GM take Jackson over Mahomes or Allen?

Josh Allen has been the 2nd best QB in football for several years now. Ever since Rodgers started declining.

smithandrew051 01-28-2024 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17371929)
He’s still a good QB and exceptional football player.

He’ll need to shake that playoff monkey off his back, though.

He answered my question from earlier this week.

He’s Russell Westbrook and not Steph Curry.

Exciting player and incredible athlete, but has a play style that doesn’t translate to postseason success.

He’s not a guy who has broken the trend and proven that you can win another way. If you look at the list of the QBs with the most rushing attempts in a season, it’s guys like Jackson. Regular season stat whores who don’t win when it matters.

DRM08 01-28-2024 06:18 PM

ESPN QBR grades for this Playoff matchup:

Mahomes 91/100
Lamar 43/100

Lamar was fortunate to avoid a couple more turnovers on interception type of passes or his grade would be even lower. I counted 4-5 turnover worthy plays by Lamar. Zero turnover worthy plays by Mahomes.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2024 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14750458)
Lamar Jackson should be converted to WR. Bill Polian had it right all along.

He's one of the 5 worst throwing quarterbacks in the sport. If I needed someone to make an accurate pass with my life in the line of COURSE I'd skip Jackson and take Ma......tt Moore.

Or Henne. Or Chase Daniel. Or another dozen backups in this league and evidently at least two wide receivers.

I don't need to shit on Lamar Jackson to build up Mahomes any more than I need to shit on Todd Blackledge to support Len Dawson or you to prove how awesome Rainman is. Rivals need to be in the same general tier of each other and these guys shouldn't even be playing the same position.

Lamar Jackson sucks and will never win shit in this league.

Evergreen comment

Hayneplane 01-28-2024 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17371934)
And Spags did that. Lamar isn't winning any game where he has to pass to win it.

The guy is getting gifted an MVP just because he had the good fortune of being on the most complete team in the league this year.

That MVP is going to feel pretty hollow when you are hanging around Vegas after doing the Pro Bowl skills challenges instead of preparing for the Super Bowl and knowing you got totally outplayed in the big moments.

KC_Connection 01-28-2024 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17371952)
ESPN QBR grades for this Playoff matchup:

Mahomes 91/100
Lamar 43/100

Lamar was fortunate to avoid a couple more turnovers on interception type of passes or his grade would be even lower. I counted 4-5 turnover worthy plays by Lamar. Zero turnover worthy plays by Mahomes.

Ravens could have and probably should have lost the game by 20. Lamar Jackson was terrible.