ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Report: Sneed likely to stay with Chiefs and play the tag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352752)

Jerm 03-18-2024 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17448991)
It's a big gamble. But if he stays healthy and plays close to 2023, he'll probably get 3x$22M from someone.

If he does go that route it will speak volumes that he's confident in his knee.

I don't see any team paying a what would be 29 year old CB 22 mil. a season...if he didn't get it this offseason, it ain't happening.

Sassy Squatch 03-18-2024 03:40 PM

LMAO Of course, Sneed is another guy with a nobody for an agent. It's almost always the case when players are being a bit nonsensical

staylor26 03-18-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17449140)
LMAO Of course, Sneed is another guy with a nobody for an agent. It's almost always the case when players are being a bit nonsensical

Of course.

Just look at the Tyreek trade. Even though he's obviously a difficult agent to deal with, he's a pro.

Sassy Squatch 03-18-2024 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17449143)
Of course.

Just look at the Tyreek trade. Even though he's obviously a difficult agent to deal with, he's a pro.

The only other NFL player his agent represents is Donald Parham.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-18-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17449146)
The only other NFL player his agent represents is Donald Parham.

This really helps clarify the situation.

How goddamn annoying.

O.city 03-18-2024 04:09 PM

They're trying to make a name and he's trying to get the bag. Worked out for Jones.

Rausch 03-18-2024 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17449128)
I don't see any team paying a what would be 29 year old CB 22 mil. a season...if he didn't get it this offseason, it ain't happening.

In a year with an extra 30 mil of cap room I have no doubt someone would.

Problem is there's that AND the draft picks they have to give up.

DJ's left nut 03-18-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17449143)
Of course.

That's how we know we've reached peak absurdity. The wheel has come all the way back around and now Drew Rosenhaus is being held out as a paragon of professionalism.

FAIRLY, I might add.

That annoys me somehow.

Sassy Squatch 03-18-2024 04:19 PM

Starting to wonder if the Chiefs have even discussed potential draft compensation yet with other teams. I'm assuming before they start hammering that out they get to talk a bit with Sneed and his agent to figure out if there's even a deal to be made.

Rausch 03-18-2024 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17449200)
Starting to wonder if the Chiefs have even discussed potential draft compensation yet with other teams. I'm assuming before they start hammering that out they get to talk a bit with Sneed and his agent to figure out if there's even a deal to be made.

The rumors changed quickly.

First it was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, then a ton of teams wanted him and someone might give a first, then the Colts were supposed to be all but done and just needed to hammer out contract details....now there's no interest?

Eh, this seems all over the place.

Chief Roundup 03-18-2024 05:44 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/05ipO1LAX_s?si=Zy04mI_qYx_PMW1C" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Dawg 03-18-2024 05:55 PM

Basicly 610 said his demands are to be the highest paid corner and a few teams were interested but his price is more than they will do. Compensation wasn't the issue, his contract was. Said also KC is fine with him playing on the tag but no contact talk has been had all all. They mentioned his knee being and issue.

Balto 03-18-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 17449261)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/05ipO1LAX_s?si=Zy04mI_qYx_PMW1C" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think people need to REALLY listen to what is said.

Schefter said that the "Chiefs" and "Colts" have not discussed. We know that KC gave Sneed and his agents permission to go find a trade/new contract.

I believe that Sneed/Agents are doing just that and while Sneed/Agents have talked with the Colts about contracts that the two teams fronts office have not discussed compensation just yet because no agreement on a contract has been made......THUS making what Schefter is saying true BUT also what the other reports are saying true!

Veach will talk comp with a team once Sneed/Agents work out the contract.

Why Not? 03-18-2024 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balto (Post 17449277)

Schefter said that the "Chiefs" and "Colts" have not discussed. We know that KC gave Sneed and his agents permission to go find a trade/new contract.

I believe that Sneed/Agents are doing just that and while Sneed/Agents have talked with the Colts about contracts that the two teams fronts office have not discussed compensation just yet because no agreement on a contract has been made......THUS making what Schefter is saying true BUT also what the other reports are saying true!

I think you’re overthinking this. That would be a risky way to do business. Say Sneed and the Colts agree to a deal. A huge deal. But Veach decides to nix it because the Colts will only give a 3rd instead of a 2nd (just as an example). That makes both clubs look really bad to future players in similar situations. There assuredly is conversations between Sneed’s people and other teams but I don’t think they do the contract before comp is settled on.

DJ's left nut 03-18-2024 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 17449296)
I think you’re overthinking this. That would be a risky way to do business. Say Sneed and the Colts agree to a deal. A huge deal. But Veach decides to nix it because the Colts will only give a 3rd instead of a 2nd (just as an example). That makes both clubs look really bad to future players in similar situations. There assuredly is conversations between Sneed’s people and other teams but I don’t think they do the contract before comp is settled on.

There's no other way to do it. He gave Sneed permission to seek a trade - that's GOING to yield contract dialogue. Of course Sneed has talked to teams about terms.

Ultimately there's just a lot of moving parts and so far the gears are grinding.

I'm done watching it. If something gets done, it gets done. If not, he'll be back on the tag. Chiefs appear to have done their due diligence and that's all I can ask.

suzzer99 03-18-2024 06:28 PM

I'm sure there are ways for the Colts to gauge the Chiefs' acceptable trade compensation without having official talks, just to make sure they're in the ballpark before they try to hammer out a contract with Sneed.

Chief Roundup 03-18-2024 06:53 PM

Quote:

Other than the other "reports" state that the Chiefs and Colts have agreed on compensation and that Sneed's contract requests are what is holding up the trade.
Can't have it both ways.

ku_jhawk23 03-18-2024 07:46 PM

Quote:

"Reports" were a 3rd this year and a 3rd day next year......that would only be possible if the teams were talking, so no....it isn't both true....one is bull shit.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-18-2024 08:03 PM

Sneed is taking a huge risk playing on the tag with a busted knee. He should have traded top dollar with higher guarantees. He agents are screwing him over. His value will drop as he gets closer to 30.

irafreak 03-18-2024 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17449410)
Sneed is taking a huge risk playing on the tag with a busted knee. He should have traded top dollar with higher guarantees. He agents are screwing him over. His value will drop as he gets closer to 30.

I agree. These damn agents...

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2024 08:39 PM

Colts "beat writers" (don't want to offend the cpers that are fanboys of the twitter tards) look like huge liars or idiots

New World Order 03-18-2024 08:47 PM

Quote:

PRETTY RICKEY!!!!!

In58men 03-18-2024 09:00 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: The Kansas City <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> remain comfortable with star cornerback L&#39;Jarius Sneed staying in KC next season. <br><br>27-year-old Sneed is coming off a career season.<br><br>(Via <a href="https://twitter.com/DMRussini?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DMRussini</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAthletic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheAthletic</a>’s ‘The Football Show Podcast’) <a href="https://t.co/zjTPYigJMI">pic.twitter.com/zjTPYigJMI</a></p>&mdash; MLFootball (@_MLFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1769918616391086300?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TambaBerry 03-18-2024 09:05 PM

Sneed really wants to stay in KC so he is probably asking for a lot knowing they will say no. This way if a team agrees it's a win win. He either comes back to KC or gets a ton of money

Why Not? 03-18-2024 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17449301)
There's no other way to do it. He gave Sneed permission to seek a trade - that's GOING to yield contract dialogue. Of course Sneed has talked to teams about terms.

Ultimately there's just a lot of moving parts and so far the gears are grinding.

I'm done watching it. If something gets done, it gets done. If not, he'll be back on the tag. Chiefs appear to have done their due diligence and that's all I can ask.

No doubt there would be discussions between the team and the agents of the player (Sneed in this case) but I have serious doubts that a deal would be 100% finalized without the compensation being agreed to or at least discussed between the two teams. But I agree with you. I don't really care anymore. He gets traded, cool, I trust BV to get the best deal we could get. If not, see ya next year, Sneed.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-18-2024 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 17449447)
Sneed really wants to stay in KC so he is probably asking for a lot knowing they will say no. This way if a team agrees it's a win win. He either comes back to KC or gets a ton of money

It's the "this is what'll take to get me away from away KC" asking price. I always knew he seemed nice like that.

Chiefshrink 03-18-2024 10:15 PM

We deserve nothing less than a first round pick PERIOD! Shut down corners are not a dime dozen.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2024 02:09 AM

Terrible offers. Keep him and 3 peat

Danguardace 03-19-2024 02:25 AM

Still think chiefs are crazy for not locking him up for 3 years given the Cornerback room is essentially all on rookie deals over that time span

Red Dawg 03-19-2024 03:56 AM

Koviev report is wrong. Draft picks aren't the problem. His asking price is. That's 610 and 810 saying so from inside.

RINGLEADER 03-19-2024 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 17449501)
Still think chiefs are crazy for not locking him up for 3 years given the Cornerback room is essentially all on rookie deals over that time span

This is how I come down on it really. How often do you get the opportunity to have two shut down guys (and another couple really good CBs to go along with a group of mostly young and really good safeties) locked up for 3 more seasons. I say pay the man or play him on the tag if his demands are unrealistic.

Gravedigger 03-19-2024 07:42 AM

We likely won't get any resolution on this until closer to Draft Day, if the Chiefs really want that cap space back then they'll play it loose and see how the board unfolds for other teams and rough agreements that were talked about will be there for a quick deal should players get picked. Hopefully we don't get too late into round 2 before we make that deal so it's a risk, but worst case scenario they'll keep him and fill through the draft.

emaw1979 03-19-2024 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 17449541)
This is how I come down on it. How often do you get the opportunity to have two shut-down guys (and another couple of really good CBs to go along with a group of mostly young and really good safeties) locked up for 3 more seasons? Pay the man or play him on the tag if his demands are unrealistic.

I'd love for the Chiefs to offer him a 3/4-year deal at 17 per. I think that is more than reasonable and higher than projections. He'd be a fool to turn that down and gamble. He's an ACL injury away from 18.8 and the vet minimum, and his knee is already giving him issues. He wants to be here, and he's either trying to control that with unrealistic contract demands, or he's got terrible agents that are making a 45-60 million gamble with his future.

VAChief 03-19-2024 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 17449468)
We deserve nothing less than a first round pick PERIOD! Shut down corners are not a dime dozen.

You are not getting a 1st rounder for a corner with suspect knee issues who likely is also going to cost you 20 mil per year. If we got a mid 30's to mid 40s second round pick I think it was worth it considering the depth we have in the DB room, anything less, I'm okay holding on to him and paying him the franchise tag. It will limit what else we can do this year, but hopefully the draft will fall our way for OT and WR .

If he would have brought a second round pick in the 30's or 40's we could likely get Morgan at OT and maybe still get one of the WR's that fell a bit, or use the two 2nd round picks to move up if needed.

O.city 03-19-2024 08:22 AM

Why would he take 17 mil a year when the tag pays 19.5?

DJ's left nut 03-19-2024 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17449583)

If he could get $36 million in guarantees over the first 2 years, it's not necessarily a no-brainer, but it's awfully defensible.

Risk $4 million (presuming he was looking to get $40 million in those first 2) to lock in an additional $16? That's probably worth considering.

I suspect he's looking at the 2/$44 million that Johnson got in his first 2 years as a baseline, though. Johnson's deal, at $19 million per, looks pretty nice. But it's frontloaded with lower salaries in years 3 and 4. He actually gets $44 million in total cash and guarantees in the first 2 seasons. And I suspect that's where the "Sneed wants $22 million/yr" stuff is coming from.

He wants a deal on par with Johnson's at the beginning of the contract. I don't think he has any real argument to surpass that contract, but maybe he's digging in on the structure over the first 2 seasons.

Red Dawg 03-19-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

17 times 3 is more than 19.8 times 1. If he gets a 3 year deal next year then that's more. If he gets injured at 28 years old, which is likely with his knee problem it's less. He's gambling..

emaw1979 03-19-2024 08:34 AM

Quote:

Why did Holywood Brown accept 1 year at 7-8 mil (11 with incentives) when he could have had a lot more than that?

And regarding LJ....why wouldn't he? He's got a bum knee and his value will never be higher. The Chiefs will never offer him 22 per or whatever he has been asking, and if he wants to play for the Chiefs, he will play at their price or make a 50 million dollar gamble on the tag that his knee holds up, and he replicates his fantastic season. 68 Mil at 4 years > 19 in one and praying.

Dunerdr 03-19-2024 08:34 AM

If his asking price is the problem for teams with Qb's on rookie deals its certainly a part of why he's not staying.

Dunerdr 03-19-2024 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaw1979 (Post 17449590)
Why did Holywood Brown accept 1 year at 7-8 mil (11 with incentives) when he could have had a lot more than that?

And regarding LJ....why wouldn't he? He's got a bum knee and his value will never be higher. The Chiefs will never offer him 22 per or whatever he has been asking, and if he wants to play for the Chiefs, he will play at their price or make a 50 million dollar gamble on the tag that his knee holds up, and he replicates his fantastic season. 68 Mil at 4 years > 19 in one and praying.

Because Hollywood was probably offered in the 13-15 market multi year and wants to try to reset his value with the best coach and QB.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-19-2024 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 17449501)

This, I don't really understand what the problem is. Not only is the cornerback room dirt cheap, but after Reid's contract is up next year you're probably looking at two low round rookie contracts starting at safety as well with Connor and Cook. So you have literally everyone in the entire secondary on rookie deals except Sneed. Then when McDuffie comes due, you can move on and pay him.

All that said, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. From an outsider's perspective it seems like a very easy problem to solve, but who knows what they have planned. Just have to trust them, they've more than earned it.

Shields68 03-19-2024 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17449588)
17 times 3 is more than 19.8 times 1. If he gets a 3 year deal next year then that's more. If he gets injured at 28 years old, which is likely with his knee problem it's less. He's gambling..

Reports are he is aking to be the highest paid CB. Thats an average of 21 million a year. No way he drops to 17. That would barely get him in the top 10.

If your signing him you need to start 3 years for around 20 million. Tack on a fourth that is voidable which ups it to a 20+ or close to the 21. the fight will be about whether you caan void year 3 and what type of cap hit your looking at for year 3 and 4 if a team needs to walk away.

I just do not think the Chiefs are going down the above road. But maybe some other team might.

Wallcrawler 03-19-2024 08:54 AM

The knee thing is overblown to me.

This was in a story last August.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preseason hand wringer
The alarming trend about this issue is that is has been going on for the past two months, which leads to concern that it will be a lingering problem throughout the season.

Sneed missed some TC practices and pre season games for some knee swelling. No surgical procedures have been needed. And as far as chicken little's fear in the above quote, Sneed was so hampered by this knee injury that "plagued him all season" that he was just the best corner in football and the only td he surrendered was a rabbit out of the anus of Josh Allen in the divisional round.

What was it, 92 targets 1td?

Next off, who knows Sneed's body better than him? Don't we think this guy is smart enough to take a contract he can get if he feels like is knee is suspect?

If he's willing to play on the tag, then he's not worried about his knee. If he's not worried, then nobody else should be either.

You'd see him refuse the tag, hold out for the guaranteed contract.

He got a nice break from TC and preseason due to some timely knee swelling and had the year of his life.

O.city 03-19-2024 08:59 AM

What does refuse the tag mean? He doesn't have a choice.

He can not sign it, hold out and not get paid, not show up.

He may in fact do that. We don't know yet.

MIAdragon 03-19-2024 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 17449607)
Reports are he is aking to be the highest paid CB. Thats an average of 21 million a year. No way he drops to 17. That would barely get him in the top 10.

If your signing him you need to start 3 years for around 20 million. Tack on a fourth that is voidable which ups it to a 20+ or close to the 21. the fight will be about whether you caan void year 3 and what type of cap hit your looking at for year 3 and 4 if a team needs to walk away.

I just do not think the Chiefs are going down the above road. But maybe some other team might.

He can "ask" whatever he wants. The market says what he's worth and it's less than he's asking.

MIAdragon 03-19-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17449619)

Caving to Jones last year may have set a bad precedent. We shall see.

wazu 03-19-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 17449626)
Caving to Jones last year may have set a bad precedent. We shall see.

Yeah. It may have led to back-to-back championships, but at what cost?!

MIAdragon 03-19-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17449630)
Yeah. It may have led to back-to-back championships, but at what cost?!

No, no it did not.

Shields68 03-19-2024 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 17449622)
He can "ask" whatever he wants. The market says what he's worth and it's less than he's asking.

Sure and most of the guys in the past play under the tag, then become a FA.

Few if any say gee my agents say they can get 20-21 per year and have a 1 year deal close to 20 ever say, you know lets just except 3 for 17. i'n fact I have a hard time ever recalling a player who had a tag on him agreeing to a contract average per year that is less then the tag number.

Agents do not like to admit they were that off base instead they will say "play this year, next year they will have a hard time tagging you again. A team will give us what we want, when there is no draft pick involved."

kysirsoze 03-19-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 17449634)
No, no it did not.

:spock:

BigRedChief 03-19-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 17449622)

After the debacle of the Indy contract coming soon, I'm going to have to take all "news" of this whole Sneed situation as suspect. Maybe he wants to be the highest paid, maybe its BS.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2024 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17449619)

And that 19.5 million isn't guaranteed UNTIL he signs the tag.

As far as I know, he hasn't. If he doesn't and July gets here, the Chiefs COULD (likely wouldn't, but could) rescind it. And he's now in the FA market post-draft and with teams that don't have a ton of money left to spend.

He's not gonna **** around and not sign the tag.

O.city 03-19-2024 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17449707)
And that 19.5 million isn't guaranteed UNTIL he signs the tag.

As far as I know, he hasn't. If he doesn't and July gets here, the Chiefs COULD (likely wouldn't, but could) rescind it. And he's now in the FA market post-draft and with teams that don't have a ton of money left to spend.

He's not gonna **** around and not sign the tag.

Yeah, I'd guess he signs it and shows up.

Who knows though.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-19-2024 10:30 AM

I really hope we don't end up doing the rescind thing. That eats ass. No positives really at this stage in the offseason.

If you gotta restructure Jawaan just bite that bullet.

penguinz 03-19-2024 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17449612)
The knee thing is overblown to me.

This was in a story last August.

Sneed missed some TC practices and pre season games for some knee swelling. No surgical procedures have been needed. And as far as chicken little's fear in the above quote, Sneed was so hampered by this knee injury that "plagued him all season" that he was just the best corner in football and the only td he surrendered was a rabbit out of the anus of Josh Allen in the divisional round.

What was it, 92 targets 1td?

Next off, who knows Sneed's body better than him? Don't we think this guy is smart enough to take a contract he can get if he feels like is knee is suspect?

If he's willing to play on the tag, then he's not worried about his knee. If he's not worried, then nobody else should be either.

You'd see him refuse the tag, hold out for the guaranteed contract.

He got a nice break from TC and preseason due to some timely knee swelling and had the year of his life.

Complete BS. He was a 4th rd pick. Playing on the tag is all about $. He will make his current career earnings in only a few games.

Nothing to do with how he feels about his knee.

dlphg9 03-19-2024 12:41 PM

Basically anything that happens is ok with me.

He plays here on the tag, then great!
He gets traded for a 2nd, also great!
He gets signed long term, yay!

Not great

Gets traded for a late 3rd. That'll suck.

Danguardace 03-19-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17449948)
Complete BS. He was a 4th rd pick. Playing on the tag is all about $. He will make his current career earnings in only a few games.

Whilst I'm sure 20m is nice for 1 season I'm sure he thinks this contract should net him 50-60 in guarantees. I would be pissed if I were him.

dlphg9 03-19-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 17449959)
Whilst I'm sure 20m is nice for 1 season I'm sure he thinks this contract should net him 50-60 in guarantees. I would be pissed if I were him.

He can be pissed, but he's gonna play and he's gonna make substantially more money than he's ever made before.

Shields68 03-19-2024 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17449948)

Yep, if he wanted to he could be set for life with just under 20 mil. No way he does not play. Now if his hammy is a little tight, the knee a little sore does he still take the field is the question?

Wallymo 03-19-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 17450142)
Yep, if he wanted to he could be set for life with just under 20 mil. No way he does not play. Now if his hammy is a little tight, the knee a little sore does he still take the field is the question?

If he wants to earn a bigger contract than the tag, he's gotta take the field. If the question is his durability, Sneed will need to answer it definitively.

In58men 03-19-2024 09:35 PM

He’s a legit source.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tennessee <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Titans</a> and Sneed have talked over the past 24 hours, per source. Wouldn’t call that possibility dead yet. <a href="https://t.co/JT6F8JE0Cj">https://t.co/JT6F8JE0Cj</a></p>&mdash; Brad Stainbrook (@StainbrookNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/StainbrookNFL/status/1770258407787835525?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2024 09:40 PM

These "sources" seem to be coming from their ass after scarfing down chili cheese Burrito from taco bell

The Franchise 03-19-2024 09:40 PM

Matt Verdarame said that he turned down a 4 year, $80 million dollar deal.

The Franchise 03-19-2024 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17450744)
These "sources" seem to be coming from their ass after scarfing down chili cheese Burrito from taco bell

Which still has more value than anything you post.

In58men 03-19-2024 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17450746)

He must want to win and is wanting the Chiefs to give him something similar or the guaranteed money is off. We really just don’t know.

Guaranteed money is the BIGGEST road block in contract negotiations

pugsnotdrugs19 03-19-2024 09:48 PM

Quote:

That’s insane unless he just really really does not want to leave.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-19-2024 09:49 PM

If it’s Tennessee, the package is gonna be a ‘24 4th (106) + ‘25 2nd IMO

Aka the Marcus Peters deal

Not awful, but not much juice this year. They don’t have a 3. Don’t see them giving up pick 38.

In58men 03-19-2024 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17450757)
That’s insane unless he just really really does not want to leave.

There’s a lot that goes into play with contracts. Maybe that team isn’t giving the guaranteed money he wants or maybe there’s too many incentives being implemented where it’s giving him doubts.

Bottom line is we don’t know the actual structure of these “contracts” being offered.

In58men 03-19-2024 09:53 PM

Quote:

Wait? He’s under the franchise tag. Maybe the Chiefs didn’t like what they were getting in return?

staylor26 03-19-2024 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17450759)

Not awful, but not much juice this year. They don’t have a 3. Don’t see them giving up pick 38.

I'd take it over a 3rd this year.

I could realistically see the Titans finishing bottom 5 and that pick being 33-38 overall.

The Franchise 03-19-2024 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17450762)
Wait? He’s under the franchise tag. Maybe the Chiefs didn’t like what they’ were getting in return?

It was from an interview that Matt V did.

1. The Titans were very interested in Sneed early in the process.

2. The Lions and Colts were interested but have since moved on.

3. Sneed is sticking to his asking price of $22+ million AAV because he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league.

4. The Chiefs and at least one team had agreed to the parameters of a trade but Sneed turned down 4 years and $80 million.

5. There are concerns about Sneed's knee but they aren't major concerns that have stopped teams from making offers.

BigRedChief 03-19-2024 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17450759)

**** that. I’d bring him back and go all in for the 3 Peat.

smithandrew051 03-19-2024 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17450765)

I could realistically see the Titans finishing bottom 5 and that pick being 33-38 overall.

Yeah, it would be a nice package for 2, 3, 4 years from now.

Undoubtedly makes us worse next year (compared to keeping Sneed on the tag).

I can make an argument for either scenario. The safe call is to accept that trade offer and keep playing the long game.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-19-2024 10:09 PM

Nobody wants to trade with us and I'm good with it. Veach's wizardry is no longer the best kept secret in the league.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2024 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17450773)
**** that. I’d bring him back and go all in for the 3 Peat.

I don't haaaaaate that?

The 2nd could really be hugely valuable in 2025. But equally critical is that the cap space could net the veteran OT, DE and potentially WR (OBJ) that we could still use to round out the rest of the roster. And it could be done in a way that doesn't push money into future seasons.

It's nothing approaching ideal. But it's not awful.

smithandrew051 03-19-2024 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17450792)
I don't haaaaaate that?

The 2nd could really be hugely valuable in 2025. But equally critical is that the cap space could net the veteran OT, DE and potentially WR (OBJ) that we could still use to round out the rest of the roster. And it could be done in a way that doesn't push money into future seasons.

If the Chiefs make that trade and 3-peat anyway, I can’t imagine the frustration from the rest of the league.

BossChief 03-19-2024 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17450765)

This

BigRedChief 03-19-2024 10:56 PM

Quote:

I don't haaaaaate that?

I would have thought that one of the best corners in the game would fetch a 1st or at worse, a second rounder. All
Of the remaining options are not even approaching ideal. ;)

DJ's left nut 03-19-2024 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17450800)
I would have thought that one of the best corners in the game would fetch a 1st or at worse, a second rounder. That’s nothing approaching ideal. ;)

Just not how it typically works for anything other than QBs, WRs and pass rushers.

The fact that the most valuable CB on the market signed a deal for just a hair over what Jerry !@#$ing Jeudy got kinda tells you how much the league values them.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it's where the league is. You're just not going to get a massive return for the privilege of paying a guy unless that guy scores touchdowns or sacks quarterbacks.

O.city 03-20-2024 06:55 AM

Quote:

I don't haaaaaate that?

What DE or OT is out there now that could be had?