ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Indiana Jones 5: First Details (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338387)

Tribal Warfare 05-20-2023 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16951976)
you're full of shit

Crystal Skull has 77% critics approval and 53% audience on RT

Sure-Oz 05-21-2023 08:56 AM

https://twitter.com/smcolbert/status...SHcZb00WA&s=19

Hammock Parties 05-21-2023 09:00 AM

boom

flawless victory

Tribal Warfare 05-21-2023 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16952619)
boom

flawless victory

So 20% liked it out of 29 people thus far. This film was debuted amongst handpicked media members for better reviews.

Just Passin' By 05-21-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16952619)
boom

flawless victory

It's at 52%, and critics normally love the woke/grrrl power bullshit. This movie should have started out with a score in the 80s. That it didn't is a bad sign.

Tribal Warfare 05-21-2023 08:12 PM

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ind...ial_of_destiny

It's down to 50% again

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-21-2023 09:58 PM

This is the Last Jedi all over again. Clay will white knight for the film and then months later realize it was not good and start trashing it.

BigBeauford 05-22-2023 07:16 AM

https://www.ign.com/articles/indiana...destiny-review

"We didn’t realize how good we had it with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Jesus.

EDIT: SPOILERS

BigRichard 05-22-2023 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16953441)

Jesus.

You should probably mark that with some spoilers. I stopped reading as it was starting into the plot.

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16953289)
This is the Last Jedi all over again. Clay will white knight for the film and then months later realize it was not good and start trashing it.

I've never trashed the Last Jedi. It's still my favorite of the ST.

Jar Jar Abrams is 100% to blame for the ST abomination.

DJ's left nut 05-22-2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Jesus.

Aw man - is it gonna really commit the GREATEST sin of the TLJ? Are they really gonna just make the central theme of the movie "Hey, your childhood heroes all ended up miserable husks just waiting to die as they aged..."

There was a lot about TLJ that sucked. But that was the absolute worst part - everyone that 'won' in the movies you loved, pretty much lost from that point forward.

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16953620)
Aw man - is it gonna really commit the GREATEST sin of the TLJ? Are they really gonna just make the central theme of the movie "Hey, your childhood heroes all ended up miserable husks just waiting to die as they aged..."

There was a lot about TLJ that sucked. But that was the absolute worst part - everyone that 'won' in the movies you loved, pretty much lost from that point forward.

Reviews do not indicate that at all.

Zebedee DuBois 05-22-2023 09:24 AM

I will wait until it shows up in one of my streaming services to watch Geriatric Jones.

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-22-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Jesus.

Movie is doomed on arrival.

DJ's left nut 05-22-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16953668)
Reviews do not indicate that at all.

The spoilers do.

staylor26 05-22-2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16953852)
The spoilers do.

Clay is very naive when it comes to Disney butchering IPs.

AdolfOliverBush 05-22-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Jesus.

Not surprising. Indy is getting the "Luke Skywalker Treatment", and there is a Mary Sue waiting in the wings to replace the sad, broken-down old guy.

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 11:54 AM

pretty much every review says it's better than crystal

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 12:02 PM

everything about this is awesome - new trailer!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/deacRH_uoJc" title="Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Steal" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AdolfOliverBush 05-22-2023 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16953881)

That's an incredibly low bar, considering Crystal Skull was nearly unwatchable.

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 16953912)
That's an incredibly low bar, considering Crystal Skull was nearly unwatchable.

that's not remotely true LMAO

****ing idiots

AdolfOliverBush 05-22-2023 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16953914)
that's not remotely true LMAO

****ing idiots

Oh come on, it was ****ing horrible. Especially if you are old enough to have seen Raiders in a theater.

<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/2xpm" width=480 height=270.000 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://gifer.com">via GIFER</a></p>

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 12:13 PM

I loved that scene, personally. It doesn't remotely make the film "unwatchable." You're talking like it was Attack of the Clones bad, and even that was watchable.

AdolfOliverBush 05-22-2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16953926)
I loved that scene, personally. It doesn't remotely make the film "unwatchable." You're talking like it was Attack of the Clones bad, and even that was watchable.

I'd watch AOTC twice before sitting through Crystal Skull again.

Cheater5 05-22-2023 12:18 PM

https://fandomwire.com/80-year-old-h...nes-franchise/

Quote: "If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones, and if catastrophe is a film, it must be Indiana Jones 5."

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 12:26 PM

Friday June 30, 1 PM.

Can't wait!

Mephistopheles Janx 05-22-2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16953881)

Buddy... that is such a low ****ing bar to hurdle. Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties is a better movie than Crystal.

Sassy Squatch 05-22-2023 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 16953874)
Not surprising. Indy is getting the "Luke Skywalker Treatment", and there is a Mary Sue waiting in the wings to replace the sad, broken-down old guy.

Are you ****ing serious? If they went back to that formula AGAIN after how ****ing shit The Last Jedi was they're deliberately trying to destroy the IP.

AdolfOliverBush 05-22-2023 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16953988)
Are you ****ing serious? If they went back to that formula AGAIN after how ****ing shit The Last Jedi was they're deliberately trying to destroy the IP.

I'm judging by the review posted above, but it has the makings of a total train wreck.

I think those assholes actually believe their way of writing and making movies is fine, and that audiences are the real problem.

BigRichard 05-22-2023 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 16954019)
I'm judging by the review posted above, but it has the makings of a total train wreck.

I think those assholes actually believe their way of writing and making movies is fine, and that audiences are the real problem.

It seems like they just don't get it. I still say the Hans Solo movie would have done awesome at the theaters had they not put out that shit show movie prior to it. Everyone basically said **** anything Star Wars at that point.

I thought the Hans Solo movie was actually pretty good and followed what a Star Wars movie should have been all along.

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 01:41 PM

score is on point

https://jwfan.com/?p=14814&fbclid=Iw...ELFT8evQmPPtmg

Comments on the score (from film reviews)

Quote:

“Just hearing John Williams’ score, yet another variant on the heroics and theatrics of the original, makes anyone of a certain age feel that everything is momentarily right with the world.” (Deadline)

“Composer John Williams’ familiar-sounding but comforting score only helps to make this nostalgic film feel right at home with the others in the franchise”.(Next Big Picture)

“John Williams is nearly as pivotal to the franchise as Harrison Ford and contributes another rambunctious, busy score. There are several new melodies alongside returning favorites and the music has been mixed in at an appreciable level of volume so that it is not drowned by the sound effects.” (ScreenAnarchy)

“A returning John Williams remains a saving grace, providing grand musical motifs and familiar tunes at just the right moments.” (IGN)

“This is all set to what is said to be John Williams’ final score before retirement, which frankly stands as one of the most elating scores of his late career.” (Discussing Film)

AdolfOliverBush 05-22-2023 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16954071)
It seems like they just don't get it. I still say the Hans Solo movie would have done awesome at the theaters had they not put out that shit show movie prior to it. Everyone basically said **** anything Star Wars at that point.

I thought the Hans Solo movie was actually pretty good and followed what a Star Wars movie should have been all along.

The lesson should be that you can't make a successful Han Solo movie without a young Harrison Ford. I'd rather see a 100% CGI 30-year-old Ford than some kid who looks nothing like him...or the shriveling 80-year-old he actually is.

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-22-2023 02:19 PM

Quote:

They do get it. They just don't care. They want to push their agendas.

DJ's left nut 05-22-2023 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16953871)
Clay is very naive when it comes to Disney butchering IPs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16953926)

I mean, credit to Clay, the guy's as loyal as a labrador retreiver.

"You kicked me in the face???! Oh well, I probably deserved it. Do it again!"

{wags tail}

When he decides he loves any part of a thing, he loves the whole of it. And with every fiber of his being.

DJ's left nut 05-22-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

Solo took such a bad beat.

That was a genuinely enjoyable movie that just got caught up in the shitshow of Kathleen Kennedy.

BigRichard 05-22-2023 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16954213)
I mean, credit to Clay, the guy's as loyal as a labrador retreiver.

"You kicked me in the face???! Oh well, I probably deserved it. Do it again!"

{wags tail}

When he decides he loves any part of a thing, he loves the whole of it. And with every fiber of his being.

Clay right now with the Indy movie.
[IMG]<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/W6kzpR1qVNCIU" width="480" height="314" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/funny-dog-W6kzpR1qVNCIU">via GIPHY</a></p>[/IMG]

mnchiefsguy 05-22-2023 03:07 PM

I want the Indy movie to be good, but I have very low expectations.

InChiefsHeaven 05-22-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 16954264)
I want the Indy movie to be good, but I have very low expectations.

That's where I am. Clay's enthusiasm is infectious, but I've been burned...ALOT...

...I'm taking an awful risk Clayder...this had better work...

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 03:40 PM

It's James Mangold. He doesn't miss.

PERIOD.

Just Passin' By 05-22-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16954307)

PERIOD.

Depends on how you're defining "miss", I guess.

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-22-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16954307)

PERIOD.

Mangold didn't have the lead direction. Kennedy did.

Mephistopheles Janx 05-22-2023 07:08 PM

Big oof

https://i.imgur.com/S2wrIeN.png

Hammock Parties 05-22-2023 07:16 PM

we have over a month lmao

BigBeauford 05-23-2023 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16954508)

It belongs in a trash can.

Gravedigger 05-23-2023 07:03 AM

I think a great deal of the issues comes with not picking a successor to Indy. They tried with Shia LeBouf but then that movie was panned, Shia went a little crazy, and so that entire movie's build up was panned. You can always claim hindsight, but I wouldn't have put my franchise's fate in the hands of an actor who's main movie credits included Michael Bay's Transformers franchise. I could see the promise there, but that's a big risk to take for a beloved franchise.

Now they are introducing a new female with a sidekick and she's supposed to be very Indiana Jones-like so we'll see how that performance pans out, but I doubt with the reviews the way they are that they're signing her up for a new trilogy anytime soon.

The other major issue is the time spent making a new movie between The Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean having three movies in a decade, to going another 19 years between TLC and KotCS is just too much wasted time, for whatever reason. They should've made a movie in the 90s and early 2000s to keep the franchise from going stale. Whether that's on George, Harrison, Steven, or some other executive call it makes it so Crystal Skulls flub after 20 years really put a nail in the coffin.

I'll still go see it, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I don't care about it's box office numbers like the movie studios do, at this point it's all about Harrison Ford and how Indiana Jones is portrayed, because if this is the last movie that gets made with Harrison in the role, then you have 2 great movies, 2 bad movies, and whatever you think of Temple of Doom in the middle.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-23-2023 07:45 AM

Rumor is it's a steaming turd, Clay. Enjoy!

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-23-2023 08:56 AM

They didn't need to keep the franchise going.

It ended beautifully with the third movie.

Bowser 05-23-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16955116)

They literally rode off into the sunset at the end, to boot.

KC_Lee 05-23-2023 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16955116)

South Park was way ahead of the curve.

Spoiler!

Bowser 05-23-2023 12:27 PM

Posting just to torture Clay if nothing else

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/asDEyW7WzOU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 05-23-2023 12:28 PM

he hasnt seen the movie

half the people who have seen it liked it

just go ahead and side with the shitty half, you losers

Bowser 05-23-2023 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 16955235)
South Park was way ahead of the curve.

Spoiler!

ROFL

Bowser 05-23-2023 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16955475)
he hasnt seen the movie

half the people who have seen it liked it

just go ahead and side with the shitty half, you losers

I'm holding out hope, but I'm not going to be floored if it turns out to be garbage. As you've said, James Mangold hasn't missed much in his directorial efforts.

Fish 05-23-2023 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16955474)
Posting just to torture Clay if nothing else

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/asDEyW7WzOU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brutal.

Indian Chief 05-23-2023 12:46 PM

What's the bar for this? Better than Crystal Skull? Because I'm seeing that idea thrown about.

Hammock Parties 05-23-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 16955514)
What's the bar for this? Better than Crystal Skull? Because I'm seeing that idea thrown about.

90% of reviews say it's better than crystal skull

i have a feeling the verdict on this movie will be reached by reactions to the third act, which by all accounts is a swing for the fences

that's certainly refreshing to hear after the boring slop of the third act in crystal and the rehashed garbage in rise of skywalker

speaking of films you all ****ing hate, last jedi currently sits at 91% on RT, but suddenly we're using RT here to determine a film's fate

in short, **** you guys, wait a month AND DON'T POST ANY ****ING SPOILERS

BigRichard 05-23-2023 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16955519)
90% of reviews say it's better than crystal skull

i have a feeling the verdict on this movie will be reached by reactions to the third act, which by all accounts is a swing for the fences

that's certainly refreshing to hear after the boring slop of the third act in crystal and the rehashed garbage in rise of skywalker

speaking of films you all ****ing hate, last jedi currently sits at 91% on RT, but suddenly we're using RT here to determine a film's fate

in short, **** you guys, wait a month AND DON'T POST ANY ****ING SPOILERS

Audience score is where it is at... 42% for Last Jedi... I will wait on this one till some audience scores come out.

Hammock Parties 05-23-2023 01:00 PM

if the third act lands and phoebe isn't rey 2.0 we're gonna have a damn good time

Sassy Squatch 05-23-2023 01:08 PM

Just read a plot synopsis.

Spoiler!

DJ's left nut 05-23-2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16955557)
Just read a plot synopsis.

Spoiler!

That's really the best way to treat cherished Intellectual Property, right? Characters that have been loved for decades.

Just...shit on 'em. Make sure that what you learn, 30 years after you cheered for the good guys to win, was that none of it matters and everyone hates themselves in the end.

Just a home run approach, really.

KCUnited 05-23-2023 01:43 PM

They needed to adopt the British detective series model where the protagonist is some dusty librarian looking old guy with halitosis yet is idolized by his colleagues and community for his tenure of brilliance.

DJ's left nut 05-23-2023 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16955631)
They needed to adopt the British detective series model where the protagonist is some dusty librarian looking old guy with halitosis yet is idolized by his colleagues and community for his tenure of brilliance.

4 years in that dusty old British detective turns into Jason Bourne, though.

Or was that JUST Sherlock?

Hammock Parties 05-23-2023 02:02 PM

https://i.redd.it/npyh0cezeh1b1.jpg

KCUnited 05-23-2023 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16955649)
4 years in that dusty old British detective turns into Jason Bourne, though.

Or was that JUST Sherlock?

I was thinking mostly frumpy throughout

https://i.imgur.com/OUKRTwI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vLYJmdC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AosTWe1.jpg

Sassy Squatch 05-23-2023 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16955610)
That's really the best way to treat cherished Intellectual Property, right? Characters that have been loved for decades.

Just...shit on 'em. Make sure that what you learn, 30 years after you cheered for the good guys to win, was that none of it matters and everyone hates themselves in the end.

Just a home run approach, really.

I don't get it. It's really not that hard to sideline a beloved character respectfully instead of what Disney keeps doing.

Hammock Parties 05-23-2023 02:14 PM

https://i.redd.it/vigqnwuluz0b1.jpg

BigBeauford 05-23-2023 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16955673)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Epic. All of it. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheRiseofSkywalker?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheRiseofSkywalker</a> is a terrific finale that is just stuffed with so much of everything. Action, adventure — answers!! — humor, heart, love, and grit. I spent the entire second half with tears in my eyes - a wonderful way to end the Skywalker story <a href="https://t.co/K2NhHSGWzM">pic.twitter.com/K2NhHSGWzM</a></p>&mdash; Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) <a href="https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1206820552582684672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties 05-23-2023 02:41 PM

https://i.ibb.co/hRDg4Vr/whogives.png

Hammock Parties 05-23-2023 02:41 PM

FRENCHMEN LOVE IT

Quote:

Liberation: "Stunning fifth installment in the saga, James Mangold's film brings its hero out of retirement to face a threat from the past. With Harrison Ford, as a good old star as we do more."

Le Figaro: "This fifth and final film, lively and lively, brings to a brilliant close a legendary saga that began 42 years ago with Raiders of the Lost Ark, signed by the creative duo George Lucas and Steven Spielberg."

Le Monde: "At 300 million dollars (against 18 for the first episode), Mangold could have afforded to miss the funeral, but he gets away with it with honors."

Le Parisien: "We saw the new Indiana Jones... and we loved it. Spectacular, funny and very spirited, he made us capsize."

20 Minutes: "History and history intertwine in a very funny way and the superb action scenes often give way to beautiful moments between the characters. We even wiped away a little tear from time to time."

Premiere: "If the film never reaches the heights of Steven Spielberg's first three in terms of action and comic timing, James Mangold elegantly appropriates Indiana Jones, between great spectacle and very clever modernization of the legend. "

Le Point: "The 5th film in the saga partially redeems the disappointment of the previous one and the aging myth regains color."

La Voix du Nord: "Credible or not, it's jubilant. (...) However, this generosity also has its downside. A litany of references to the saga that turns into self-quotation, even copying."

Sud Ouest: "Spectacular, funny... A sometimes implausible farewell but one that has panache."

Just Passin' By 05-23-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16955673)

Paid shill

Tribal Warfare 05-23-2023 09:09 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/Hnf5SfvN/20230523-220308.jpg

BigRock 05-24-2023 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16955538)
if the third act lands and phoebe isn't rey 2.0 we're gonna have a damn good time

Spoiler the entire third act is Indy yelling "MOMMY I'M SORRY I STOLE FROM NATIVES" while Phoebe pegs him.

KCUnited 05-24-2023 06:24 AM

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Plunger

Sassy Squatch 05-24-2023 06:54 AM

Oof. Seeing a lot of reviews that make me believe the plot synopsis I read was legit. Welp, on the bright side this may finally be what gets KK ousted, although I doubt anyone that would replace her does any difference

HC_Chief 05-24-2023 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16956274)
Oof. Seeing a lot of reviews that make me believe the plot synopsis I read was legit. Welp, on the bright side this may finally be what gets KK ousted, although I doubt anyone that would replace her does any difference

Should have happened YEARS ago; she is utterly incompetent. KK must have pictures, video, and DNA evidence on Disney execs...

AdolfOliverBush 05-24-2023 11:35 AM

It's going to be pure shit. An embarrassing ending to a once-great franchise, and an insult to anyone with a functional brain.

DJ's left nut 05-25-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16955667)
I was thinking mostly frumpy throughout

https://i.imgur.com/vLYJmdC.jpg

Broadchurch was so good.

I'm an admitted David Tenant stan and Olivia Coleman is a fantastic actress

Just Passin' By 05-25-2023 06:40 PM

One man's take, spoilerish though not anything like a full review, and Hammock should definitely not read this:

Cheater5 05-26-2023 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 16959118)
One man's take, spoilerish though not anything like a full review, and Hammock should definitely not read this:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/p4cqQ...giphy.gif&ct=g

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-26-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 16956375)
Should have happened YEARS ago; she is utterly incompetent. KK must have pictures, video, and DNA evidence on Disney execs...

You don't understand. She is doing what she wants to do and her brand of beliefs are in vogue.