ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Loki Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335568)

Bowser 10-05-2023 10:18 PM

Season 2 launched.

That was wild with a ton of rapid-fire shit, and I think there are a load of easter eggs easily missed in there. There is an after credit scene.

Spoiler!

arrowheadnation 10-06-2023 02:18 AM

Damn that was a good start to the season. I definitely recommend watching one of those nerd explanation videos on YouTube like new rockstars. He pointed out a few things that I either didn’t notice or went over my head. Can’t wait for episode two!

DJ's left nut 10-06-2023 01:24 PM

What in the ****?

Okay, so Imma have to watch that 3 more times to figure anything out at all.

I just don't watch these shows closely enough for stuff to get this deep into the weeds. I'm trying to eat lunch and play games on my phone while Loki flips off one-liners here, fellas.

This time traveling multiverse stuff is just gonna make my head hurt.

ChiliConCarnage 10-10-2023 11:46 AM

I liked the scenes with OB, Mobius, and Loki. Great cast and interactions
Owen Wilson still cracks me up. Even though he's very much himself

I'll check out a "nerd video" as someone recommended as I'm sure I missed most stuff. It felt like it just threw in a new judge & general w/o much explanation

Bowser 10-13-2023 11:40 PM

That felt like they skipped something, likely intentionally. I had to check and make sure I was watching episode 2 and not 3.

They cram pack these episodes full of easter eggs and hints at what's to come. New Rockstars are mad scientists with the way they break this shit down.

arrowheadnation 10-14-2023 11:03 PM

So that General Dox (the Scottish chick that was breast feeding her grown son on game of thrones) basically just leapfrogged Thanos on the body count tally right?

Bowser 10-14-2023 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 17169363)
So that General Dox (the Scottish chick that was breast feeding her grown son on game of thrones) basically just leapfrogged Thanos on the body count tally right?

Well, were those universes she pruned? If so, then absolutely.

dlphg9 10-15-2023 07:54 PM

Quote:

Dude TVA had surpassed Thanos body count pretty damn early in their creation.

dlphg9 10-15-2023 07:55 PM

It's crazy how much this show outclasses all of the other Disney+ series. This is good shit.

Raiderhater 10-15-2023 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17167846)
That felt like they skipped something, likely intentionally. I had to check and make sure I was watching episode 2 and not 3.

They cram pack these episodes full of easter eggs and hints at what's to come. New Rockstars are mad scientists with the way they break this shit down.

Haha! Same here. Glad to know it wasn’t just me.

BleedingRed 10-16-2023 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17171401)
It's crazy how much this show outclasses all of the other Disney+ series. This is good shit.

Acting,

Mobius/Loki interaction is some of the best acting I've seen. Their chemistry on screen is amazing. The both have range, and depth.

ThaVirus 10-16-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I think B-15 was like “she’s killing billions” as they’re pruning multiple timelines.

In my head I’m thinking she’s probably killing trillions if each one is an entire universe.

KC_Lee 10-16-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17172223)
Acting,

Mobius/Loki interaction is some of the best acting I've seen. Their chemistry on screen is amazing. The both have range, and depth.

Yep, this was what I was going to say. Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson have great chemistry and their scenes are top notch.

Plus, Loki feels like it's integral to the current MCU more so than any of the movies or current shows.

BigRichard 10-16-2023 12:00 PM

Does anyone have any interest in the new Marvels movie coming out. I know I have 0 interest in it.

KC_Lee 10-16-2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17172506)
Does anyone have any interest in the new Marvels movie coming out. I know I have 0 interest in it.

Very, very, very little. Will wait until it comes on Disney +.

Bowser 10-16-2023 05:42 PM

Quote:

Low interest.

I did see a recent trailer that hinted at Thor making an appearance. But after Love and Thunder, I'm not sure if even Thor showing up would be good enough.

Fish 10-16-2023 07:26 PM

Quote:

Pffffft.

007 10-17-2023 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 17172274)
Yep, this was what I was going to say. Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson have great chemistry and their scenes are top notch.

Plus, Loki feels like it's integral to the current MCU more so than any of the movies or current shows.

This ep almost felt as if they were pimping Tom for 007.

KC_Lee 10-18-2023 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 17174520)
This ep almost felt as if they were pimping Tom for 007.

Saw him in the limited series 'The Night Manager', he would make a great Bond or the recurring villain in thr next Bond series.

Bowser 10-18-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 17174965)
Saw him in the limited series 'The Night Manager', he would make a great Bond or the recurring villain in thr next Bond series.

Underrated show

dlphg9 10-18-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

No and my lack of interest is pretty much directly tied to the Ms. Marvel character. Do not give a shit about her. Cool let her have a Disney + show, but no reason for her being in this movie.

Bowser 10-19-2023 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17173083)
Low interest.

I did see a recent trailer that hinted at Thor making an appearance. But after Love and Thunder, I'm not sure if even Thor showing up would be good enough.

I'm thinking it's not going to be Thor that shows up to help out, but Valkyrie that shows up for more grrrll boss power super kick ass fun time.

arrowheadnation 10-19-2023 11:35 PM

Another good…and very strange episode. The Loki tv show might actually be able to salvage the whole Kang saga.

Spoiler!

A Salt Weapon 10-20-2023 12:04 AM

This show is getting deep, really curious to see where it goes.

BWillie 10-20-2023 08:25 AM

Tom Hiddleston is great

Tribal Warfare 10-22-2023 11:40 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Loki?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Loki</a> Season 2 producer Kevin Wright has opened up about Episode 3&#39;s Balder the Brave reference:<br><br>“Had that happened in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MultiverseOfMadness?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MultiverseOfMadness</a>, we probably wouldn’t have done it…” Full quote: <a href="https://t.co/6kMp1mnk3E">https://t.co/6kMp1mnk3E</a> <a href="https://t.co/wnnC4ungh5">pic.twitter.com/wnnC4ungh5</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1716324084810711345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 23, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

listopencil 10-23-2023 08:05 AM

So, I assumed Miss Minutes' secret was

Spoiler!

or is that too obvious?

dlphg9 10-23-2023 10:37 PM

This show is kick ass.

KC_Lee 10-24-2023 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 17185097)

Spoiler!

or is that too obvious?

Spoiler!

Bowser 10-24-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

or is that too obvious?

Not too obvious, really. And

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 10-25-2023 07:45 PM

I’m loving the stuff with HWR/Kang.

Feels like they’re actually building toward something in the MCU again and that’s piques my interest, unlike the other shit they’re pumping out these days.

BleedingRed 10-26-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17189677)
I’m loving the stuff with HWR/Kang.

Feels like they’re actually building toward something in the MCU again and that’s piques my interest, unlike the other shit they’re pumping out these days.

yup,

everyone should know by now foreplay is very important

arrowheadnation 10-26-2023 04:20 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

or is that too obvious?

Spoiler!

arrowheadnation 10-26-2023 10:15 PM

Holy crap that was riveting. Can’t wait til next week!

A Salt Weapon 10-26-2023 11:38 PM

Well that ended unexpectedly

007 10-28-2023 08:38 PM

What the ****?

Bowser 10-29-2023 10:30 AM

We're going to need more Kang variants

https://i.imgflip.com/2ni5xi.jpg

GloucesterChief 10-29-2023 10:33 AM

It is too bad that Johnathan Majors is apparently a piece of shit because the man has range.

Bowser 10-29-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 17194446)
It is too bad that Johnathan Majors is apparently a piece of shit because the man has range.

Yeah, he did well as Victor Timely.

Did you ever watch Quantumania? How was he in that?

KC_Lee 10-29-2023 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17194462)

He was good, played a great baddie, the rest of the movie was dreck.

KC_Connection 11-01-2023 10:38 AM

Feels like Miss Minutes has to be the most evil villain in the entire MCU at this point.

staylor26 11-01-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17194462)

Eh his perfomance as Timely in this series was kind of cringe. The stuttering was annoying, and felt more like a Simple Jack.

But he was good in Quantamania, and Loki S1. I just think some of these variants are going to be cringe/annoying.

I'm enjoying S2 so far though.

GloucesterChief 11-01-2023 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17202705)
Eh his perfomance as Timely in this series was kind of cringe. The stuttering was annoying, and felt more like a Simple Jack.

But he was good in Quantamania, and Loki S1. I just think some of these variants are going to be cringe/annoying.

He was good in Creed 3 as well.

DJ's left nut 11-01-2023 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17202705)

I have a bit of an odd theory about them making him a little goofy. It comes back to stunt casting.

I don't know much (anything) about the comic book arcs, but I'd bet any amount of money that it ain't a black guy in the comic books, right? No worries - they didn't focus on him being black as a character trait or anything.

Buuuuuuut...now you have a brilliant scientist in the 1800s who's, I guess, generally accepted? I mean he's out there in public giving these presentations. He seems respected if a bit goofy.

So how do you sell this character as being able to exist in this time period without completely suspending all disbelief? Well - you make him non-threatening. And you make him a little goofy so that people aren't exactly thinking about him as being out of place in that era.

I mean you can't exactly have him playing Damian Anderson. You can't have him playing He Who Remains. Because lets be honest here, that guy gets lynched in 18XX.

I dunno - it's hairbrained and a bit out there. I don't even know if I put much stock in it. But I'm not sure what purpose the character choice served.

Raiderhater 11-02-2023 08:21 PM

Just finished tonight’s episode - here is what I’m trying to wrap my mind around…

WTF is Marvel/Disney doing with all of these other shows not named WandaVision? I mean, Hawkeye wasn’t bad, but it was nothing special, a passing of the torch story. Falcon and the Winter Soldier had great potential but was ultimately a waste. MoonKnight fizzled out pretty quick. She Hulk, eh, maybe I’ll give it a pass because the very origin of how that story came to be in the comics means it should never be taken serious, but that begs the question: why spend the money on a series? Ms Marvel I’ve not watched and not planning to from the reviews I’ve read on it here. Secret Invasion was a dud.

So the question is: was all the big money for writing spent on WandaVision and Loki? Are those the only two shows that anyone at M/D cares about? Loki took a very solid first season and to this point is absolutely killing it in the second. It just obvious that while these two series are part of advancing a larger story like the other series, they are doing so with serious thought and care. I just don’t understand how you take two series and throw all kind of TLC into them and sleepwalk through all the others. And maybe that is not by design, maybe those in charge of those other stories had a vision that they thought fit the world created to this point and were just mistaken. I don’t know. What I do know is that the difference in storytelling between WV and Loki and all the others is a night and day difference.

Also, as a heads up, I started typing this out as the credits started rolling, and as I am busy putting my thoughts to digital paper I let them run all the way through, past all of the foreign language credits to the VERY end… there is a short end of credit audio piece within the last 10-15 seconds or so. It made no sense to me but, it is there. Frankly it frustrates me, because now I feel like I need to go back and check the very end credits of all the other various Marvel series episodes.

UteChief 11-02-2023 09:42 PM

To Raiderhater: I’m wondering if they sleep walked through the other series just to get content on their streaming platform. I do think there has been a change to quality over quantity based upon changes made to the Daredevil Reborn showrunners. Only time will tell.

GloucesterChief 11-02-2023 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17205410)
To Raiderhater: I’m wondering if they sleep walked through the other series just to get content on their streaming platform. I do think there has been a change to quality over quantity based upon changes made to the Daredevil Reborn showrunners. Only time will tell.

Apparently they just got a script and directors with no showrunners or show bible to make sure the shows were internally consistent.

KingPriest2 11-02-2023 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 17205412)
Apparently they just got a script and directors with no showrunners or show bible to make sure the shows were internally consistent.

This might shed light on the issues

https://variety.com/2023/film/featur...ng-1235774940/

KingPriest2 11-02-2023 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17205410)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XCIdBhWl_I0

Might shed light

KC_Connection 11-02-2023 11:24 PM

Tonight's episode was easily the best of the season. Also the first one in S2 that really got back into the story that S1 was telling about Loki's self growth/development as a character (which is what grounded this show from the beginning).

arrowheadnation 11-03-2023 03:14 AM

I wonder if the finale is already long (like well over an hour)? Because I feel like tonight’s episode should have just been part of the finale. To me, it just felt like a filler/set up episode so they could get to the full allotment of 6. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed it though.

KingPriest2 11-04-2023 04:55 PM

Loki God of Stories

I predict Loki sacrifices himself and then become Loki God of Stories Where he can manipulate time

arrowheadnation 11-09-2023 03:27 PM

Finale is tonight! Gotta wonder if this is the series finale or if we'll get a season 3. Also wondering if Kang the Conqueror makes an appearance.

Bowser 11-09-2023 06:06 PM

Finale? I had built up my head canon to believe the show was going through the end of the month.....

Getting old sucks, lol

Bowser 11-09-2023 09:16 PM

So.........yeah

I have questions

arrowheadnation 11-09-2023 11:13 PM

Damn…you ever watch a movie or show and when it ends, you “know” that you just saw something freaking epic, but you don’t exactly know why? I’m gonna need a Rockstar explanation like ASAP. Not gonna lie, there were points during that episode where I thought, “F yeah, the MCU is BACK!” Wow.

Here is how I understood it.
Spoiler!

Jamie 11-10-2023 05:16 AM

My understanding of the ending is
Spoiler!

As a whole I think I'd put Loki up there with No Way Home and GOTG 3 as the best Marvel stuff since Endgame. I don't know if it could have worked as a movie (or two?) but I wonder if it should have been, just for the sake of putting their best foot forward. And significance too, I guess it's hard to say without knowing where things are going, but it feels like Loki will have more relevance to what's coming than Multiverse of Madness or Quantumania.

BigRedChief 11-10-2023 08:54 PM

OMG I just saw something so special. That was amazing TV.

Tom deserves an Emmy for that episode alone. Unbelievable they could pull that off from where the Marvel universe was and now, possibilities are endless.

BigRedChief 11-10-2023 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 17217364)
Damn…you ever watch a movie or show and when it ends, you “know” that you just saw something freaking epic, but you don’t exactly know why? I’m gonna need a Rockstar explanation like ASAP. Not gonna lie, there were points during that episode where I thought, “F yeah, the MCU is BACK!” Wow.

Here is how I understood it.
Spoiler!

I know. This is the best Disney TV they have ever done.

ThaVirus 11-10-2023 09:28 PM

How’s that for character development? The most selfish character in the continuity makes the most selfless sacrifice he could have made. Loki is a ****ing badass.

Glorious purpose indeed.

ThaVirus 11-10-2023 09:32 PM

I never gave two shits about Loki or Hiddleston prior to this series but now I think they’re both ****ing awesome. They did such a great job.

Unfortunately I knew they’d have to sideline him somehow as soon as he started to perfect his time slipping powers. He was far too OP by the end of that finale.

I do wonder what sort of influence he’ll have over the timelines, if any.

A Salt Weapon 11-10-2023 10:07 PM

That was incredible.

arrowheadnation 11-11-2023 12:14 AM

Explained

https://youtu.be/yLa7j3MMLhA?si=TbTj8CO3xFSDs4l2

Tribal Warfare 11-11-2023 02:55 AM

Loki God of Stories

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 03:38 AM

Very good ending to this series, particularly these last two episodes. Given that they stuck the landing, I'd rank the series overall up there with anything done in the MCU.

Also, with Loki's control of the timelines now it felt like they ended that in a way that they can write Jonathan Majors' characters out of the MCU going forward if they have to as well.

ThaVirus 11-11-2023 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 17218423)

Ahhhhhh, I see. So this guy here has a theory that God of Stories Loki will handpick heroes from different timelines to destroy Kang in the Secret Wars. That is a great theory.

If you’ve ever read Secret Wars, the multiversal war was a big part of it. The big issue is what they call “incursions” which are basically just inverses colliding and wiping each other out. By the end of the story, all but one universe is wiped out. I’m guessing that’ll be the end goal for the MCU too in order to clean up these timeline shenanigans.. and what better way to introduce beloved properties than by plucking their established counterparts from other timelines and bringing them to the main MCU timeline?

If that does end up being the case, I wonder which heroes will be kept from this main timeline..

You have to imagine Spider-Man and Doctor Strange will stick around. Thor is iffy with Hemsworth’s new diagnosis. Deadpool seems to be going strong so I’d imagine they’ll keep him somehow. Seems like they’ve got a hard-on for Captain Marvel.

They’ve also spent 10+ years building this continuity so I wouldn’t be shocked if they just make this universe we’ve been watching the sole surviving reality and just plop some others like FF4, X-Men, Beta Ray Bill, maybe Miles Morales, etc. from other realities into this one and roll from there.

ChiliConCarnage 11-11-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17218445)
Also, with Loki's control of the timelines now it felt like they ended that in a way that they can write Jonathan Majors' characters out of the MCU going forward if they have to as well.

I watched the last episode last night. This was my first thought as it was wrapping up too. Pretty dang good, especially if they did rewrite it to possibly eliminate HWR's if needed.

I agree with someone earlier who said Majors seems to be a very good actor. I don't know a lot about his legal troubles. I guess we'll see how they play out.

It felt like that may wrap up the Loki series then which is too bad as it's been very enjoyable.

ThaVirus 11-11-2023 04:41 PM

How would this ending help them write out Majors? Loki destroyed the loom, which allows the Kang variants to run amok and start their multiversal war.

I mean, it’s Disney. They could write Majors out in a million different ways and still make billions. I just don’t see how people think this ending would make that easier in any way.

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 17219050)
I watched the last episode last night. This was my first thought as it was wrapping up too. Pretty dang good, especially if they did rewrite it to possibly eliminate HWR's if needed.

I agree with someone earlier who said Majors seems to be a very good actor. I don't know a lot about his legal troubles. I guess we'll see how they play out.

It felt like that may wrap up the Loki series then which is too bad as it's been very enjoyable.

I think he's a great actor so it would be unfortunate to lose him from the saga. But if he gets convicted of something, you'd have to think he's gone.

And I think at least this variant Loki's story is almost certainly done. It's too bad because it's might be the best thing the MCU has done this decade, but it is always better to go out on a high than dragging something out unnecessarily.

GloucesterChief 11-11-2023 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17219123)
How would this ending help them write out Majors? Loki destroyed the loom, which allows the Kang variants to run amok and start their multiversal war.

I mean, it’s Disney. They could write Majors out in a million different ways and still make billions. I just don’t see how people think this ending would make that easier in any way.

Kang is like the easiest character to actor swap. Just have another actor be Kang and say they are a variant.

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17219123)

Well they wrote it in such a way as to completely close HWR's story. Timely wasn't gifted the handbook as a child and HWR no longer controls the timelines at the end of time because of Loki.

That makes it easier to get rid of Majors if they have to. There were no cliffhangers here.

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 17219125)
Kang is like the easiest character to actor swap. Just have another actor be Kang and say they are a variant.

Exactly.

ThaVirus 11-11-2023 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 17219125)

Right.l that’s why I don’t understand when people say this ending made it easy.

It was already easy lol they literally showed a stadium full of Kangs and one of them was like some lizard alien looking dude. Sylvie is a female Loki variant, we’ve seen frog Thor variants, an Indian Spider-Man, and an alligator Loki variant.

With infinite realities they could have written Majors out at any time.

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17219130)
Right.l that’s why I don’t understand when people say this ending made it easy.

It was already easy lol they literally showed a stadium full of Kangs and one of them was like some lizard alien looking dude. Sylvie is a female Loki variant, we’ve seen frog Thor variants, an Indian Spider-Man, and an alligator Loki variant.

With infinite realities they could have written Majors out at any time.

You don't see that not ending this series on a cliffhanger in the greater saga with Majors' HWR character doesn't make it easier for them to just cut him out? There is nothing hinging on him at all now.

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 04:54 PM

https://www.insider.com/loki-season-...lained-2023-11

Quote:

The 'Loki' season 2 finale may have just solved Marvel's Jonathan Majors problem

The "Loki" season two finale may have changed everything for Marvel's multiverse and its Jonathan Majors problem.

Since 2021, the multiverse has been the next big venture for the MCU, and Majors was expected to be the franchise's new big bad, playing the time-traveling villain, Kang the Conqueror.

In March, that plan hit a stumbling block when Majors was arrested in connection with a domestic dispute. The actor's management, PR firms, and multiple projects subsequently dropped him.

Marvel Studios has yet to issue a definitive statement on Majors' future in the MCU, but the actor appeared in the latest season of "Loki," which was filmed prior to his arrest.

Should Marvel need an out from Majors playing the MCU's next big villain, Thursday's "Loki" season two finale could be the solution.

In the episode, Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston, decides to take matters into his own hands after a season of trying to keep the multiverse functioning without pruning — destroying — entire timelines.

After gaining new abilities from his time-hopping adventures, Loki takes control of the multiverse with his bare hands, and he now sits at the end of time, holding the multiverse together for the rest of his existence.

Here's why this plot development could solve the MCU's Majors problem.

There is a small hint in the finale that indicates that the new multiverse may be a little different with Loki in charge.

Earlier in season two, the show established that Victor Timely created the Time Variance Authority and its machinery after learning from a TVA handbook he received as a child. That handbook came from the TVA itself, which caused a slightly confusing chicken-or-egg situation.

In the finale, we return to the scene with young Timely, but he doesn't receive the book this time. Of course, Timely is just one of many Kang variants — versions of Kang from different timelines — but this scene at least indicates some changes to the timeline under Loki's guardianship.

It may be a bit of a cop-out, but Marvel could use this opportunity to erase the "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" post-credits scene that introduced all the Kang variants.

With Loki now in charge of the multiverse, they could easily explain that Kang wasn't able to gain as much power as he did pre-Loki.

The finale wouldn't completely erase the events of "Quantumania," because the battle between Kang and Ant-Man appears to be referenced in the final moments of the episode between Mobius, played by Owen Wilson, and B-15, played by Wunmi Mosaku.

In the scene, Mobius says that there is only one Kang variant threat in a "616-adjacent realm," which could be a reference to the Quantum Realm. That Kang was defeated just like the Kang in "Quantumania."

If "Quantumania" Kang is the only variant on their radar, that could mean the larger Kang threat is neutralized for now.

If Marvel chooses to part ways with Majors, the "Loki" finale paves the way for a few different solutions to replace him as the MCU's big bad in the upcoming "Avengers" movies.

Considering that Loki is seemingly now in control of the multiverse and has already started meddling with Kang variants like Timely, Marvel could use this as a pretext to explain recasting Majors.

"Why does Kang look different?"

"Because Loki's trying to keep the timeline free from chaos, and this variant comes from a brand-new timeline."

Alternatively, Marvel could downsize Kang's role altogether and shift to a new villain to antagonize the Avengers in 2027's "Secret Wars."

Say hello to everyone's favorite Latverian dictator, Doctor Doom.

Variety recently reported that Marvel bosses discussed making the "Fantastic Four" baddie the MCU's new villain during a company retreat in September.

Granted, this could still cause a bit of a headache because, before "Secret Wars," the heroes of the MCU are first expected to assemble in 2026's "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty."

If Marvel does switch things up, that movie may need a new title and overall direction.

But with the Fantastic Four soon set to join the MCU in their own movie in 2025, their adventure could serve as a launching pad to set up Doctor Doom as the villain of the 2026 and 2027 "Avengers" movies.

Watch this space.
Seems I'm not the only one with this take unsurprisingly.

ThaVirus 11-11-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17219135)
You don't see that not ending this series on a cliffhanger in the greater saga with Majors' HWR character doesn't make it easier for them to just cut him out? There is nothing hinging on him at all now.

How did it not end on a cliffhanger? The Kang variants are on the loose; they even discussed that in the final scene at the new TVA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17219145)
https://www.insider.com/loki-season-...lained-2023-11

Seems I'm not the only one with this take unsurprisingly.

This article is saying it would be easier to write out Kang. I’m saying it was always easy to write out Majors.

Two totally different arguments.

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17219158)
How did it not end on a cliffhanger? The Kang variants are on the loose; they even discussed that in the final scene at the new TVA.

Loki's story is done (at least this variant). Most importantly for Majors going forward, HWR's story is done. The stories of all the other characters in this show...all done. For me, this was the furthest thing from a cliffhanger they could have written. There was closure here, which was something I didn't expect at all considering past MCU shows.

Quote:

I’m saying it was always easy to write out Majors.
And it gets even easier when HWR's story was effectively closed here.

ThaVirus 11-11-2023 05:46 PM

Ok, you’re not getting it..

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17219226)
Ok, you’re not getting it..

I would suggest it is vice versa.

KC_Connection 11-11-2023 05:55 PM

https://www.slashfilm.com/1444038/lo...s-marvel-kang/

Quote:

Does The Loki Season 2 Finale Make It Easier To Replace Jonathan Majors As Marvel's Kang?

For six whole episodes, fans have had to wait with baited breath to see how the Kang-sized shadow at the center of "Loki" season 2 might complicate an already unenviable and possibly untenable situation. Ever since the news first came down that actor Jonathan Majors had been accused of assault, both Marvel Studios and the moviegoing public alike have remained in a state of suspended animation. Obviously, nothing is more important than the safety of the alleged victim and ensuring that nobody in Majors' circles is ever put at risk.*(The assault case, which a judge refused to dismiss despite the attempts of Majors' legal team, will move to trial on November 29, 2023.)*From a business perspective, however, the choice to gamble practically the entirety of the next phase on the threat of Kang looks worse and worse in retrospect.

But just as it seemed like season 2 would make an even bigger mess of things, awkwardly doubling down on Majors' Kang in a way that would be all but impossible for Marvel to extricate itself from, the ending of the season 2 finale shook things up. Although the villain appears prominently throughout the episode as Loki (Tom Hiddleston) flashes back to the events of the season 1 finale, the ultimate conclusion turns out to be about finding a way to remove Kang from the equation altogether. And as Loki took up his new "throne" at the end of time and lived up to his godlike title by weaving the timeline threads together in a makeshift temporal loom of his own, fans slowly realized the door may be open for a Kang-less future, after all — or, at least, one without Majors' involvement. The following theories explain how.

This first one's as straightforward as it gets. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has already established the idea of different actors playing the same role — not just through the recasting of Edward Norton's Bruce Banner after "The Incredible*Hulk" or Terrence Howard after "Iron Man 2," but also through the multiverse itself. After John Krasinski's cameo as an alternate-universe Reed Richards in "Doctor*Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" and the, uh, bloody way that appearance ultimately went down, Marvel now has a built-in excuse to recast any character as they see fit.*This includes getting out from under the looming specter of Majors' Kang.*Just pin it on the multiverse!

Now that He Who Remains is officially dead, the "Loki" finale depicts the remaining members of the Time Variance Authority as shockingly unconcerned about the leftover threat of Kang's variants. Near the end, Hunter B-15*(Wunmi Mosaku) and Mobius (Owen Wilson) almost nonchalantly discuss the events of "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania," casually alluding to the fact that Kang the Conqueror was "dealt with" and not even worth the TVA lifting a pinky to intervene. This almost feels like a tacit admission that having the franchise's pint-sized heroes thoroughly kick Kang's butt in his very first big-screen appearance didn't exactly establish him as much of a threat. In that case, debuting a completely different Kang who replaces these weaker variants with superior ones of his own feels like a no-brainer.

Sure, there's the pesky issue of that "Quantumania" post-credits stinger, which established the Council of Kangs and thousands of variants who look exactly like Majors ... but that's one MCU continuity error I*have zero issue overlooking.

Stick with me here. Who's to say that Kang has to be considered the next Thanos-level supervillain, anyway? Sure, I*know, "Avengers:*Kang Dynasty" would need a slight title update, but it's not like Marvel's never done that before. So what if "Loki" season 2 just made it so that Kang need not even factor into the future of the franchise at all and instead pivot to a completely different character?

The obvious replacement would be someone like Dr. Doom, whom Marvel obviously has the rights to following Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox. Intriguingly, it appears that this possibility has already been discussed by higher-ups, according to previous /Film reporting. As the franchise gears up for the introduction of both the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, wouldn't this be the perfect time for Kevin Feige to do what he does best and adjust on the fly? Contrary to popular belief, the MCU didn't come into being as a fully-formed, pre-planned phenomenon. If the early movies had flopped, Loki never would've been the main villain of "The Avengers." (Rumors posit that honor would've gone to Red Skull instead, wildly enough.) Nothing's stopping Feige from pulling a similar move here.

The less-obvious solution could be hiding in plain sight, at least according to another fun theory. Critic Alan Sepinwall suggests one "crackpot" idea: Folks, meet Loki Who Remains. I know, everybody loves his redemption story and season 2 certainly ended on a satisfying note ... but what if Marvel decided to restore its original antagonist to all his villainous glory? Having essentially become the new He Who Remains, Loki would be an easy option to take up Kang's mantle. Controversial? Sure. Fun? You bet.

Only time will tell how Marvel ultimately addresses its Kang problem.
Found another person who isn't getting it.