ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329772)

RunKC 03-27-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14872224)
The Detroit Lions select Joshua Uche, DE, U of M.

Interesting note: Charles Robinson did an AMA on reddit this week and someone asked him about underrated players.

He said he talks with a scout who has told him about 3 guys who will be studs in the league during the pre-draft process. These were viewed as underrated players in recent years.

Robinson said that same scout told him this year that Uche is the underrated player that will be a huge stud.

staylor26 03-27-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14872701)
Interesting note: Charles Robinson did an AMA on reddit this week and someone asked him about underrated players.

He said he talks with a scout who has told him about 3 guys who will be studs in the league during the pre-draft process. These were viewed as underrated players in recent years.

Robinson said that same scout told him this year that Uche is the underrated player that will be a huge stud.

I honestly don’t think there’s a huge gap between Baun and Uche. Daniel Jeremiah was talking about how low key good he was in the SB game after he rewatched. I think I need to do the same tonight.

Direckshun 03-27-2020 08:06 PM

The Chargers select Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State.

KurtCobain 03-27-2020 08:15 PM

The Colts are very hyped up for number 75. They have two prospects identified as solid picks and are becoming very optimistic that they will land one of them.

Rain Man 03-27-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 14872484)
I assume you guys have been doing this years and I know it’s for fun-ish, but out of curiosity how often do nail the pick dead on , especially the Chief picks.

I like your picks so far rainman, position wise anyways I don’t watch college ball so don’t know the kids enough.

I've only done it a few times, but I think there's so much variability that it would be rare to nail a pick outside maybe the first five to ten picks. But maybe it happens.

DrRyan 03-27-2020 08:23 PM

Taking over as the 3rd Cardinals GM in the last month and looking to continue saving the midget franchise QB from back to back seasons with the most sacks in the league

The Cardinals select Matt Hennessy, OL, Temple

Aaron Donald and the 9ers D line won the battle for this pick over several other options.

DJ's left nut 03-27-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14872786)

There's my alternative.

Higher risk than a lot of guys but has legitimate 3-down ability.

Typical late 2nd round pick - 1st round talent with some flags. I think Baun and Igbinoghene would be a hell of a 1/2 but Delpit and Harrison would bring hellacious athleticism to this D.

KurtCobain 03-27-2020 08:31 PM

I really like the idea of Delpit/Harrison.

RealSNR 03-27-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14872786)

Was waiting for somebody to finally make this pick

staylor26 03-27-2020 09:20 PM

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

TE1 finally comes off the board to a team that’s been searching for a TE for quite some time.

RealSNR 03-27-2020 09:34 PM

Cleveland was hoping Malik Harrison would have lasted a couple more picks, but the silver trophy also has the potential to play all 3 downs in the pros.

The Cleveland Browns select Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming

staylor26 03-27-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14872916)
Cleveland was hoping Malik Harrison would have lasted a couple more picks, but the silver trophy also has the potential to play all 3 downs in the pros.

The Cleveland Browns select Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming

Honestly, I like Wilson better. He’s significantly better than Harrison in coverage being a former safety and has a nose for the football.

KurtCobain 03-27-2020 09:43 PM

The Colts select Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton.

RealSNR 03-27-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14872918)
Honestly, I like Wilson better. He’s significantly better than Harrison in coverage being a former safety and has a nose for the football.

I think Wilson is a better tackler, but I really love the range that Harrison plays with. Plays really loose for his size, so I think he has a much higher ceiling. Both are pretty good LB prospects for the 3rd round, though.

staylor26 03-27-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14872932)
I think Wilson is a better tackler, but I really love the range that Harrison plays with. Plays really loose for his size, so I think he has a much higher ceiling. Both are pretty good LB prospects for the 3rd round, though.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Harrison, just feel like what we need is a coverage LB and Wilson fits that better. Overall as prospects they’re pretty ****ing close either way and their nfl.com draft grades are reflective of that (6.34,6.33), so I’d be happy with either one.

Rain Man 03-27-2020 10:38 PM

The doors to the drafting arena open with a flash of light and smoke. A flashy red Mercedes drives slowly down the aisle, its right turn signal blinking. The car comes to a stop at the podium, and out steps ... Joe Newman.

Who's Joe Newman, you ask?

It's believed that he's the oldest man in Florida at age 107: https://www.today.com/news/107-year-...rcedes-t173340

https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newsc...d.fit-560w.jpg

He climbs to the podium.

"Central Florida is a diverse place," he says in measured tones. "I represent Sarasota as a location of Buccaneers fans, and of course I represent Florida's strong senior citizen base."

"As a senior citizen, I have a strong interest in the welfare of other elderly people. So I was asked to introduce the next pick, who will be responsible for protecting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' senior citizen quarterback. With the 76th pick in the 2020 NFL draft - wow, can you believe it's 2020? I never thought I'd see 2020. But anyway, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Lucas Niang, OT, TCU."

"TCU? Now you want to talk about a good football player, let me tell you about a guy from TCU named Sammy Baugh. He thew for 25 touchdowns in 1947. 25 touchdown passes! Can you believe it? I was 34 years old at the time, and I listened to every one of his games on the radio. He played defense too, and he punted. But I see they're telling me to leave the stage now, so I'd better go. Meet me at 4:00 for dinner if you'd like to hear more about Sammy Baugh."

He gets into his flashy Mercedes and slowly drives out of the arena.

KurtCobain 03-27-2020 10:48 PM

God bless Joe Newman.

Rain Man 03-27-2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14873023)
God bless Joe Newman.

He's got a nice car, too, and if you read the article he's still scoring with the chicks. I'm impressed.

RealSNR 03-27-2020 10:57 PM

That old fart stole my pick!

RunKC 03-27-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14872712)
I honestly don’t think there’s a huge gap between Baun and Uche. Daniel Jeremiah was talking about how low key good he was in the SB game after he rewatched. I think I need to do the same tonight.

Could be right. Speaking of, scouting director runkc has a prospect in mind for our Chiefs that nobody (that I’ve seen) is talking about here but is apparently getting big time buzz.

Fits Spags system to a “t”.

kc rush 03-28-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

I assume you guys have been doing this years and I know it’s for fun-ish, but out of curiosity how often do nail the pick dead on , especially the Chief picks.

I like your picks so far rainman, position wise anyways I don’t watch college ball so don’t know the kids enough.

I don't follow college ball that closely either. I enjoy seeing who these guys pick and why.

Most come back and do a post draft analysis on how they did. How close their pick was to the actual pick. An "I picked him at 12 and he went at 10" type of thing.

Chargem 03-28-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Nailing the picks is pretty hard after the top 10, because there are always guys that go much higher or much lower than expected every year so the pick Burt Veach will have to make won't be from the exact same pool of players that Rainman had to choose from.

Marco Polo 03-28-2020 09:52 AM

Horseface is taking value over need at this point and had to search names multiple times because he's shocked this player is still on the board.

The Denver Broncos select Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

KurtCobain 03-28-2020 10:59 AM

It's Saturday, boys. Let's get this ball rolling.

chiefscafan 03-28-2020 11:29 AM

Chargem I’ll admit over the years I’ve had my share of slip ups the only chief I knew bout before anyone else did was Tanough Passagnon. I drafted him kind of late in our draft because I loved his height and athleticism. I was super excited when the chiefs drafted him.

chiefscafan 03-28-2020 11:31 AM

Hmm great talent available at this point I think the cowboys will end up with a great player five guys I’m thinking bout right now shocked they are still there.

Hoover 03-28-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14873236)
Nailing the picks is pretty hard after the top 10, because there are always guys that go much higher or much lower than expected every year so the pick Burt Veach will have to make won't be from the exact same pool of players that Rainman had to choose from.

I think the real use for this exercise is to better understand teams, their needs, and the players. While this is entertaining, especially in times like this, its also an incredible way to prepare for the draft it self. I'm not a huge college football watcher as I stick mostly to the Big 10, and after I started doing this watching the drafts with my buddies is crazy. Their like how do you know that dude? I just say I take this shit seriously. But usually is someone here drafting a guy I think goes way too early but they were right. LOL

The Franchise 03-28-2020 12:25 PM

I see we’ve reached the portion of our draft where chiefscafan talks about how every player he drafts as a “steal”. Shouldn’t be too long before he talks about how he drafted Chris Johnson.

chiefscafan 03-28-2020 01:37 PM

Well I did lol jk franchise sorry bored I’m a bartender so obviously I got time on my hands :(

Hey I admitted I’ve screwed up but I was early on tanogh would’ve been earlier production but Sutton was an idiot. Obviously Spags saw something in him I think he’s gonna continue to grow. However I have blown some I thought Geno Smith was the next great QB ��

RealSNR 03-28-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14873457)
It's Saturday, boys. Let's get this ball rolling.

Clock shuts off on the weekend. People can keep it moving if they want, but there's no pressure.

Rain Man 03-28-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14873775)
Clock shuts off on the weekend. People can keep it moving if they want, but there's no pressure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ex2r86G0sdc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefscafan 03-28-2020 08:57 PM

So I guess no one made picks today

BossChief 03-28-2020 09:37 PM

The Atlanta Falcons select Chase Claypool, TE/WR, ND

chiefscafan 03-28-2020 09:53 PM

Boss good pick

TambaBerry 03-29-2020 07:04 AM

The New York Jets select Troy Pride Jr CB ND

Chargem 03-29-2020 07:23 AM

So who do we think got the biggest steal of the draft so far? I think its either Wirfs or Higgins.

Hoover 03-29-2020 08:41 AM

I think it's Wirfs dropping to 15. But that Higgins pick did make me groan a bit.

RunKC 03-29-2020 09:59 AM

The Las Vegas Raiders select Terrell Burgess CB Utah

RunKC 03-29-2020 10:07 AM

Raiders will surely be trying to replicate some of the offensive tricks the Chiefs do to try to score more points. They also don’t have much of a return threat so this is a great pick for them.
They get the most versatile player in the draft.

The Las Vegas Raiders select Lynn Bowden WR Kentucky

Chief Northman 03-29-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14875044)
Raiders aren’t done at corner. They get a guy who might miss the first half of the season, but is a first rd value if he was healthy.

Mullen, Henderson and Hall are a legit corner room.

The Las Vegas Raiders select Bryce Hall CB Virginia

He was selected at pick #64.

Pick again.

RunKC 03-29-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14875060)
He was selected at pick #64.

Pick again.

Edited with new pick

TambaBerry 03-29-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14874926)
I think it's Wirfs dropping to 15. But that Higgins pick did make me groan a bit.

The way the draft fell I should have taken him with the Jets pick

chiefscafan 03-29-2020 11:07 AM

So do I wait?

DrRyan 03-29-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 14875132)
So do I wait?

Definitely. All other teams are allowed to pick but you are in double super secret quarantine.

chiefscafan 03-29-2020 11:14 AM

The Dallas Cowboys select Raekwon Davis , DT/DE, Alabama

Cowboys need run defender and pass rusher. While they signed McCoy and Powe for the middle they still need someone to groom. Davis if he had come out of after his sophomore season would’ve been a top 15 pick. Injuries have lowered his stock so cowboys get lucky and find a young talent with a humongous upside.

chiefscafan 03-29-2020 11:20 AM

Ok fire away what do u think bout this pick

RealSNR 03-29-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 14875139)

Cowboys need run defender and pass rusher. While they signed McCoy and Powe for the middle they still need someone to groom. Davis if he had come out of after his sophomore season would’ve been a top 15 pick. Injuries have lowered his stock so cowboys get lucky and find a young talent with a humongous upside.

I mean, you drafted Tua over Burrow, so it's a bit tainted with the fact that you're a Bama homer.

But it is a nice pick. I had a pipe dream that Davis would last to the Packers, but I wasn't counting on it

Marco Polo 03-29-2020 12:19 PM

After three straight picks on offense, Horseface goes back to the basics and focuses on strengthening the D.

The Denver Broncos select Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech.

I'm really starting to hate how good this Broncos draft is and hope this doesn't happen next month.

Chargem 03-29-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 14875139)

I definitely thought he was a 2nd rounder so think you got good value there.

RealSNR 03-29-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 14875206)
After three straight picks on offense, Horseface goes back to the basics and focuses on strengthening the D.

The Denver Broncos select Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech.

I'm really starting to hate how good this Broncos draft is and hope this doesn't happen next month.

I will nearly guarantee they won't get one of the top 4 OTs at 15. They will need to trade up if they want one of those guys.

TambaBerry 03-30-2020 06:34 AM

I'm sorry guys I'm picking now

TambaBerry 03-30-2020 06:37 AM

The Los Angeles Rams select Akeem Davis gaither app state LB

Sfeihc 03-30-2020 06:39 AM

The Detroit Lions select Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan.

The Franchise 03-30-2020 07:36 AM

The Buffalo Bills select Jon Greenard, DE/OLB, Florida

Marco Polo 03-30-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14876373)
The Buffalo Bills select Jon Greenard, DE/OLB, Florida

Damn. I was wanting him for my next Broncos pick.

Marco Polo 03-30-2020 08:16 AM

New England loves drafting QBs in mid-rounds to develop and keep or then trade for future assets. This QB isn't heralded as a franchise QB but is smart, mitigates mistakes, and is a fit in the Patriot way. At worst, he will be a serviceable backup.

The New England Patriots select Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia.

Hoover 03-30-2020 08:43 AM

Great pick for them.

RealSNR 03-30-2020 08:52 AM

Dudes, somebody has to input all this shit into the OP. So help me out, here. Write your picks the correct way so I only have to copy/paste

1. Put in the commas. If Tyreek Hill has time to use commas when he texts, you have time during a goddamn pandemic to type them in yourself.

2. Write out the schools like they would show up on the screen during the actual NFL draft. Don't get cute and call Ohio State "THE Ohio State." Don't call Miami "The U." Etc.

3. Sometimes people are using common abbreviations. Please don't. A couple like "LSU" are fine, where there is no other common college or university that uses that acronym. But "OSU" for Ohio State doesn't work, because that could also be Oklahoma State. Somebody earlier said "U of M". That's cute and all, but every ****ing "M" state calls their university the "U of M." Minnesota. Michigan. Montana. Maryland. Okay, Missouri doesn't for theirs, but you get my point. And besides that, when have you ever seen a draft pick show up on the screen as "U of M"? Never? Cool, then never do it here.

Just use some common sense, please. You've all seen the NFL draft on TV before. Just do what they do. I shouldn't have to take you through a goddamn class in NFL draft nomenclature.

Is it that big of a deal? No, but it's annoying that I'm not able to copy/paste straight into the OP like every 4th or 5th pick.

The Franchise 03-30-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14876468)
Dudes, somebody has to input all this shit into the OP. So help me out, here. Write your picks the correct way so I only have to copy/paste

1. Put in the commas. If Tyreek Hill has time to use commas when he texts, you have time during a goddamn pandemic to type them in yourself.

2. Write out the schools like they would show up on the screen during the actual NFL draft. Don't get cute and call Ohio State "THE Ohio State." Don't call Miami "The U." Etc.

3. Sometimes people are using common abbreviations. Please don't. A couple like "LSU" are fine, where there is no other common college or university that uses that acronym. But "OSU" for Ohio State doesn't work, because that could also be Oklahoma State. Somebody earlier said "U of M". That's cute and all, but every ****ing "M" state calls their university the "U of M." Minnesota. Michigan. Montana. Maryland. Okay, Missouri doesn't for theirs, but you get my point. And besides that, when have you ever seen a draft pick show up on the screen as "U of M"? Never? Cool, then never do it here.

Just use some common sense, please. You've all seen the NFL draft on TV before. Just do what they do. I shouldn't have to take you through a goddamn class in NFL draft nomenclature.

Is it that big of a deal? No, but it's annoying that I'm not able to copy/paste straight into the OP like every 4th or 5th pick.

I’ll try to help when I can. Editing the header on mobile ****ing sucks a dick. If I see someone’s post is wrong....I’ll edit it so it’s easy to copy and paste.

staylor26 03-30-2020 09:29 AM

Couple of guys still available that would give the Chiefs an A+ from me for the first 3 rounds.

RealSNR 03-30-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14876524)
I’ll try to help when I can. Editing the header on mobile ****ing sucks a dick. If I see someone’s post is wrong....I’ll edit it so it’s easy to copy and paste.

It's cool. If all you've got is your phone at that moment, it's going to take you a lot longer to edit things than it will take me. If everybody just types their picks in the right way, things will be gravy.

Sfeihc 03-30-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14876468)

Sorry, not sorry.

Chargem 03-30-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14876327)
The Detroit Lions select Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan.

Another guy I was very much expecting to be a second rounder.

KurtCobain 03-30-2020 03:48 PM

Gotta get the Saints a new weapon.

Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida

Rain Man 03-30-2020 08:18 PM

Gabriel's a pretty cool name. I like Gabrielle for a woman too, but I don't like it when she shortens it to Gabby. I've known two guys named Gabriel in my life. One was in high school with me and he had a mustache in 9th grade. The other one was an Argentinian guy who got drafted into the army during the Falklands War.

Chief Northman 03-30-2020 08:38 PM

I know we get 12 hrs between picks, but if we are going to have to wait 7-8 hours at a time for a pick, the real draft will be done before this one...

Let’s go boys!

Hoover 03-30-2020 09:08 PM

This is why its stupid to basically stop over the weekend. Takes forever to get everything back up and going again.

RealSNR 03-30-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14877803)
This is why its stupid to basically stop over the weekend. Takes forever to get everything back up and going again.

We were doing great in the morning, then we hit a snag in the afternoon/evening when the baton couldn't get passed off.

We'll be fine. We had an insane first week, where we basically churned out 2 rounds in 3 days.

Chargem 03-31-2020 04:41 AM

Ironically, I PM'd some picks to RunKC last night to try and keep this moving...

RunKC 03-31-2020 07:30 AM

had some unexpected shot yesterday but I’m back. I’ll have my pick momentarily

RunKC 03-31-2020 07:38 AM

Vikings select Javaris Davis CB Auburn

staylor26 03-31-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14878173)
Vikings select Javaris Davis CB Auburn

Didn’t Chargem send you his picks? If so, you should post it because you’re after him again. Then we can really get this thing rolling today!

RunKC 03-31-2020 07:52 AM

Per PM, here is Chargem’s pick:

Houston Texans select Bradley Anae, Edge, Utah

staylor26 03-31-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14878207)
Per PM, here is Chargem’s pick:

Houston Texans select Bradley Anae, Edge, Utah

**** that was my perfect Chiefs pick.

Hoover 03-31-2020 08:54 AM

So does this guy know he's back on the clock....

RunKC 03-31-2020 09:29 AM

Raiders get a steal here in a guy I really like. Need an interior rush to try to stop Mahomes and this guy will help. This guy has 20 career college sacks in 2.5 years as a starter.

Raiders select James Lynch DL Baylor

RunKC 03-31-2020 09:33 AM

Jerry Jeudy
CJ Henderson
Terrell Burgess
Lynn Bowden
James Lynch

Great draft for the Raiders. Now if they can get a QB..

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 10:10 AM

With the #92 pick, the Baltimore Ravens select Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida

With Judon’s long term future in Baltimore a question mark, Zuniga can be insurance as a pass rusher from the OLB position, or possibly rotate with Jaylon Ferguson at Rush.

Hoover 03-31-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14878428)
With the #92 pick, the Baltimore Ravens select Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida

With Judon’s long term future in Baltimore a question mark, Zuniga can be insurance as a pass rusher from the OLB position, or possibly rotate with Jaylon Ferguson at Rush.

I liked him for my Philly pick coming up

Rain Man 03-31-2020 10:45 AM

(Veach writes a name on his card, then ponders. He marks it out and writes another name. Then he marks that one out and draws a big arrow next to the first name again.)