ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Week 3: Let's talk about the Ravens (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325123)

Deberg_1990 09-21-2019 12:03 PM

How do the Chiefs shutdown Lamar Jackson? Do you try to take away his run game or passing game?

chiefforlife 09-21-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14465553)
How do the Chiefs shutdown Lamar Jackson? Do you try to take away his run game or passing game?

Yes...

52decleetzu 09-21-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14465387)
The Chiefs ran for 113 in the opener. Historically, their running game has been very good under Andy Reid.

One game and suddenly we don't have a running game LMAO

I bet we pile up 200 yards rushing just because no one is expecting it this week. ROFL

Are you drunk this early in the day? Jesus Christ. Just gonna run all over this Ravens defense with 3rd and 4th stringers huh? LOL. Last time Ravens gave up 200 yds rushing was 2012 right after Ray Lewis got hurt. 8 years ago. Ravens average about 95 yds rushing allowed per game since 2012. They definitely "won't be expecting" that running game though just another trick Reid has up his sleeve.

Chargem 09-21-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

The answer is obviously the run game on early downs, he won't be able to cope with third and long passing downs so just gotta not get gashed in the run game

Chargem 09-21-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 52decleetzu (Post 14465560)
Are you drunk this early in the day? Jesus Christ. Just gonna run all over this Ravens defense with 3rd and 4th stringers huh? LOL. Last time Ravens gave up 200 yds rushing was 2012 right after Ray Lewis got hurt. 8 years ago. Ravens average about 95 yds rushing allowed per game since 2012. They definitely "won't be expecting" that running game though just another trick Reid has up his sleeve.

I mean, you have a really valid point and Clay is usually wrong about everything, but sometimes "when was the last time..." isn't a great argument against the Chiefs. When was the last time a QB had four touchdowns in a quarter?

smithandrew051 09-21-2019 12:57 PM

I’m really curious about the Ravens defense. They were good last year, but Mahomes still put 27 on them with a few oddities in that game (right after the Hunt situation, Tyreek hobbled, no Watkins, etc).

With Jimmy Smith out and no elite pass rusher, I don’t see them containing Mahomes. We haven’t seen much creativity from Reid yet, so this may be the game. Mahomes doesn’t just force the ball down the field. He’ll take what’s there when he needs to.

A big game from Kelce wouldn’t surprise me at all.

KChiefs1 09-21-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCauley (Post 14465324)
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the weather?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6310b96e07.jpg

Kiimo 09-21-2019 12:59 PM

Seems like the second half is where the passing happens

Halfcan 09-21-2019 01:19 PM

Looks like a lot of lightning in that weather chart. They won't be out there during a lightning storm. When I have been at games with that kind of weather- they made the fans move out of the seats to the concourse. Maybe they flex it back to a 6 pm start?

Halfcan 09-21-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

You smash him and make him fumble if he tries to run- make him pay for it.

When he drops back to pass- you get pressure up the middle. Knock the piss out of him until he starts getting happy feet and throws interceptions.

Megatron96 09-21-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14465672)
Looks like a lot of lightning in that weather chart. They won't be out there during a lightning storm. When I have been at games with that kind of weather- they made the fans move out of the seats to the concourse. Maybe they flex it back to a 6 pm start?

Just out of curiosity, which team would be more effected by a rain delay?

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 01:36 PM

I’d love if they’d just move it back right now TBH. It’s clearly gonna storm.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14465691)

Well KC went through it in preseason, so they have experience.

smithandrew051 09-21-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14465696)

Agreed. I think both teams would appreciate that so they can adjust their routines now.

RunKC 09-21-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

I’d like to see it moved to 3 but I’m not sure how that would work with CBS.

neech 09-21-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14465691)

The Ravens want to just end the game and go home, and the Chiefs are already home. So I'd say the Ravens.

Priest31kc 09-21-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

This. When's the last time something like that happened though?

But yeah if theres going to be lightning around from 10 to 5, they should push it back. Dont they have to leave the field for atleast 30 minutes if there's even just one lightning strike around?

KChiefs1 09-21-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14465672)

I’d say a 4pm kickoff.

neech 09-21-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14465393)
If anything, Baltimore should be concerned. We don’t know if their QB can handle it. He already struggles with accuracy as it is.

Plus Lamar Jackson has small hands like BRC.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-21-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14465697)
Well KC went through it in preseason, so they have experience.

and we came out flat as hell that game.

Halfcan 09-21-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 14465710)
This. When's the last time something like that happened though?

But yeah if theres going to be lightning around from 10 to 5, they should push it back. Dont they have to leave the field for atleast 30 minutes if there's even just one lightning strike around?

Yes, I have been to at least 2 games where they made us leave the stands- both against the Patriots, pre Brady.

One was a flood and we were drinking on the concourse for over an hour.

Halfcan 09-21-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14465707)
I’d like to see it moved to 3 but I’m not sure how that would work with CBS.

True- Fouts has to take his Metamucil and get ready for bed by dark.

Halfcan 09-21-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

They will play through the rain- to the point of flooding- but they don't mess around with lightning or tornado weather.

They can't risk the safety of all of us and the teams.

Titty Meat 09-21-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14465365)
Consider who the Ravens have played so far. Miami(fire sale team) and AZ(rebuild with rookie mini-Vick that will eventually get hurt in due time). The national sports press has been pimping Lamar like he has been 'born again' and there are no longer any issues with his throwing or reading defenses. NOT !!!! You don't correct your throwing and inability to read defenses in just one off season. Doesn't happen that quickly.

Greg Roman has just done a great job using "QB Gorilla Duct Tape"(ethnic slur NOT intended whatsoever but that is really good duct tape and why I used that brand;)) to make Lamar's game look ALL Pro but like I said consider the teams he has played against so far. Wait till he goes against a really good defense. He will be Lamar "on the run again missing easy wide open receivers" I assure you.

It's just too bad he won't be going against a good defense this weekend, sad to say.:(

And what great teams have we played? I get it though we can just show up and win because were the Chiefs.

Football talk ****ing sucks on this board now. If it's not the Chiefs everyone else sucks. Got it.

RealSNR 09-21-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14465766)
And what great teams have we played? I get it though we can just show up and win because were the Chiefs.

Football talk ****ing sucks on this board now. If it's not the Chiefs everyone else sucks. Got it.

I don't think anybody is calling the Ravens a shitty team. Many people are acknowledging that the game was super close last year and this might be the time we don't escape from the Ravens, especially without Tyreek.

I think some people, however, don't believe Lamar Jackson has arrived yet and a lot of the perceived strides he's made have come due to playing the ****ing Dolphins. I'm not quite in that category. I think he has improved, definitely, but I also think he's definitely got a better cast of offensive weapons around him this year. He's still a bit of a gimmick QB who caught a really shitty team napping in week 1.

I'm more afraid of Hollywood Brown doing to our defense what we do to other teams with Tyreek (force deep coverage and take attention away from other parts of the field) than I am Lamar Jackson putting the team on his back and outscoring Mahomes.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14465766)

And for you it’s usually the other way around so...?

Titty Meat 09-21-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14465826)
I don't think anybody is calling the Ravens a shitty team. Many people are acknowledging that the game was super close last year and this might be the time we don't escape from the Ravens, especially without Tyreek.

I think some people, however, don't believe Lamar Jackson has arrived yet and a lot of the perceived strides he's made have come due to playing the ****ing Dolphins. I'm not quite in that category. I think he has improved, definitely, but I also think he's definitely got a better cast of offensive weapons around him this year. He's still a bit of a gimmick QB who caught a really shitty team napping in week 1.

I'm more afraid of Hollywood Brown doing to our defense what we do to other teams with Tyreek (force deep coverage and take attention away from other parts of the field) than I am Lamar Jackson putting the team on his back and outscoring Mahomes.

Oh I dont think they are really a 500 yard a game offense but Jackson is definitely improved which is problematic. If they cant shut down the run were gonna have some issues.

Titty Meat 09-21-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14465836)
And for you it’s usually the other way around so...?

Not really. I wasnt the one losing my shit at Veach for not getting Ramsey.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14465846)
Not really. I wasnt the one losing my shit at Veach for not getting Ramsey.

Well you would have been had NE lit us up in the playoffs. Which is still possible, albeit much less likely without Brown.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-21-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14465736)
Yes, I have been to at least 2 games where they made us leave the stands- both against the Patriots, pre Brady.

One was a flood and we were drinking on the concourse for over an hour.

I love drinking in the rain. You can literally just piss your pants and nobody knows any better.

Titty Meat 09-21-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14465860)
Well you would have been had NE lit us up in the playoffs. Which is still possible, albeit much less likely without Brown.

Um no dumbass did you even bother reading what I said in the thread? I said if we dont pressure Brady and give free releases to their WRs it doesnt matter who we have at corner.

RealSNR 09-21-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14465841)
Oh I dont think they are really a 500 yard a game offense but Jackson is definitely improved which is problematic. If they cant shut down the run were gonna have some issues.

Lamar seems more comfortable with the short passing game than he did last year. Again, it's hard to tell whether it's mostly because he's a better player or due to playing the Dolphins and Cardinals. The reason why I'm skeptical is because he seriously struggled with those throws last year. Inconsistent as hell. Except when he played one team--- the Bob Sutton Chiefs. Then he practically couldn't miss!

He looks good this year, but he's also played shitty teams. One assumes our defense is better than last year (at least the run defense, anyway) so I'm thinking Lamar doesn't dink and dunk us to death. I think if we lose to the Ravens, it's because the defense has a let-down from allowing only 10 points in Week 2, and the defense breaks down and lets the Ravens have too many big plays. Oh, and Erving sucks, too. That's another concern.

Megatron96 09-21-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14465868)
I said if we dont pressure Brady and give free releases to their WRs it doesnt matter who we have at corner.

That right there is the number 1 reason I believe we need to acquire Jalen Ramsey, or a CB that is essentially just like him. He plays a very physical game, loves to mix it up at the line, and has the speed and quickness to run with just about any WR in the league. Certainly anyone the Patriots have right now. And that's ultimately who we are trying to beat. Having an ace like that take away a Phillip Dorsett or Josh Gordon (if he's still around in 10 weeks) gives our defensive line a bit more breathing room to get home.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14465868)
Um no dumbass did you even bother reading what I said in the thread? I said if we dont pressure Brady and give free releases to their WRs it doesnt matter who we have at corner.

Really went out on a limb there, ka-doos to ya.

Chieftain 09-21-2019 03:28 PM

There is no way we lose at home to Lamar Jackson. Not happening. The guy won't even be in the league two years from now.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 03:28 PM

Andy and Pat are going to take what the defense gives just as they did last week. Light boxes will mean more work for LeSean and Darwin.

But we’ve gotta be able to pick up 4 consistently. The negative runs are going to be more problematic in what looks like super shitty weather.

Titty Meat 09-21-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14465900)
Really went out on a limb there, ka-doos to ya.

Not as good as your argument that the Chiefs will win because they are the Chiefs. reerun.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14465917)
Not as good as your argument that the Chiefs will win because they are the Chiefs. reerun.

Find that post in this thread somewhere. Please.

Keep doing you, Billay.

Tribal Warfare 09-21-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14465906)
Andy and Pat are going to take what the defense gives just as they did last week. Light boxes will mean more work for LeSean and Darwin.

But we’ve gotta be able to pick up 4 consistently. The negative runs are going to be more problematic in what looks like super shitty weather.

More Cover 0 looks, blitzing on Erving's side so expect a moving pocket towards Schwartz

pugsnotdrugs19 09-21-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14465934)
More Cover 0 looks, blitzing on Erving's side so expect a moving pocket towards Schwartz

I’m not sure they go Cover 0 often now that Earl is there. Feel like Cover 1 is more likely, along with majority zone.

Coochie liquor 09-21-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14465638)

Is that a weather forecast or is it predicting the amount of tears Ravens fans will be crying hourly? Could be either.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-21-2019 04:14 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don’t be surprised if Ravens play rookie OLB Jaylon Ferguson tomorrow. They could use fresh legs to chase around QB Patrick Mahomes.</p>&mdash; Mike Preston (@MikePrestonSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikePrestonSun/status/1175529268593483776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR 09-21-2019 08:05 PM

Bullshit, Nick. Lamar is a better thrower than Michael Vick? You're full of ****ing shit.

Did you ****ing watch him last year? Did you watch Michael Vick EVER?

Vick had an impressive gun. Jackson isn't a noodle arm, but he's not Vick. Did you watch Vick during the Andy Reid years?

Idiot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2SvxtSDR9xQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BossChief 09-21-2019 08:24 PM

Hardman is gonna go for 140 and 2 scores tomorrow. Book it

DRM08 09-21-2019 08:29 PM

Sad news leaking on TTU forums. EJ Holub apparently passed away today. RIP to one hell of a Red Raider and one hell of a Chief.

KCUnited 09-22-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee414 (Post 14451679)
Greetings.

Looking forward to Sunday’s game.

Contrary to a previous post, we Ravens fans are not “terrified” of playing the Chiefs. What we ARE is realistic enough to see both sides of the coin, and recognize that Mahomes is an extraordinary talent who will, most likely, burn the Ravens D on more than one occasion. We are not overly impressed with the KC running game, and T.Hill being out is a W for Baltimore.
Kelce & Watkins and a developing Robinson and Hardman mitigate Hill’s absence to a point, but he will certainly be missed.

There seems to be a dismissive, uninformed thought process on this board regarding Lamar Jackson. Understand that this is NOT the same player y’all saw last year. True, games against MIA & AZ may not be the test that KC will be, but I ask you: do you believe that a) KC has the D to shut down Jackson’s running? And b) if that is the chosen route, do you really believe the KC D can control M. Andrews and M. Brown?

LOL, stay down bitch, with you're running back posing as a QB.

JakeF 09-22-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14464360)
Ravens:
Very physical, which we have a hard time dealing with.
Scrambling QBs generally kills us
I think the Ravens are healthier than us
Better defensive coaching

Chiefs:
We have Mahomes
We have tons of speed
Better offensive coaching
We have Mahomes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14464385)
Scrambling QBs generally killed Sutton’s defense. We’ll see how Spags has the team prepared for it.

Scrambling QB still killed us.

Luckily Jackson passing wasn't as good as advertised. The Ravens killed themselves when they stopped running the ball in the 1st half.

RedRaider56 09-23-2019 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14466312)
Sad news leaking on TTU forums. EJ Holub apparently passed away today. RIP to one hell of a Red Raider and one hell of a Chief.

Yep, sad day indeed for fans of both teams.

KChiefs1 09-23-2019 08:07 AM

Week 3: Let's talk about the Ravens

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14466312)

What?!?!?!?!?

I had my heroes as a kid...Lenny, Otis, Buck, Willie, Bobby but EJ was always one that brought a smile to my face when he was interviewed. Always a big smile & a country twang wearing his cowboy hat.

RIP

eDave 09-23-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14470632)
LOL, stay down bitch, with you're running back posing as a QB.

He was nice though.

KChiefs1 09-23-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14460262)
Earl Thomas is a dumbass.

Good, I hope he plays deep all game so the middle of the field will be wide open.

Tired of all the Raven hype. Looking forward to smoking these guys.

Earl doubling down.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...chiefs-rematch

Quote:

The Baltimore Ravens couldn't keep Patrick Mahomes from exploding once again, giving up 23 straight points to the reigning NFL MVP in the second quarter. Ultimately, the Ravens fell 33-28 to the highflying Kansas City Chiefs.

After the loss, Ravens safety Earl Thomas was resolute that a rematch was coming.

"We're going to see them again," he said, via the Baltimore Sun. "And this tape is going to be everything to me."

The Chiefs aren't on the Ravens' schedule the rest of the way, meaning if Thomas' rematch is to happen, it'd come in the playoffs if both teams make it that far.

When Thomas and the rest of the Ravens' staff looks at the film, they'll be kicking themselves for missed opportunities. Several penalties cost Baltimore points, including a horse-collar tackle by Matthew Judon that set up K.C.'s first TD. The Ravens' D also had a bust on an 83-yard touchdown from Mahomes to Mecole Hardman

"Defensively, I thought there were a couple of plays I wish we could have back. A couple of penalties I wish we could have back as well," said safety Tony Jefferson, whose pass-interference penalty wiped out a third-quarter interception by Brandon Carr. "But at the end of the day, we've got to play better, play more sound, play more fundamentally sound. It's Week 3, so get back to the drawing board 2-1, and I still think we're in great shape. I still have faith in everybody in our locker room, and we just go from there."

There are some things the Ravens could look at and know they did well, including harassing Mahomes early and forcing three punts to open the game. But that's the danger in facing the Chiefs and Mahomes: at any moment they can explode and relegate all the positive work to ruins.

If there is a playoff rematch, Thomas & Co. know they'll have to be better to take down Mahomes. Merely good isn't good enough.

eDave 09-23-2019 08:18 AM

Chiefs opposition talking points. Been there, done that.

New World Order 09-23-2019 08:21 AM

"There are some things the Ravens could look at and know they did well, including harassing Mahomes early and forcing three punts to open the game"

Huh? Colquitt punted twice. One of them was in the fourth quarter.

Frosty 09-23-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14472281)

Quote:

"We're going to see them again," he said, via the Baltimore Sun. "And this tape is going to be everything to me."
Heh. Ravens D got destroyed with the Chiefs not having Williams, Fisher and Hill. If they are at full strength in the play-offs, good luck with the "tape".

KChiefs1 01-02-2020 03:07 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...dfcd371e16.jpg

Coochie liquor 01-02-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14690377)

That’s gonna backfire on Harbaugh and his analytical team.