ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323939)

keg in kc 02-18-2021 10:13 PM

All the rights for the various Netflix Defenders series have reverted back to Disney, so (as we already know with Charlie Cox) we can expect to see some of them starting to show up in the MCU. Already rumors that Ritter (and cox) may show up in some capacity on She-Hulk. Would not be surprised at all to see Bernthal return and an effort to take the Punisher logo back from white supremacists. Some discussion that the Netflix shows may directly continue on hulu (as it becomes the more adult branch of disney+ in the us), so maybe some more iron Fist or Luke Cage or Colleen Wing or Misty Knight, and they'd be able to stay more mature than the rest of the mcu (minus deadpool...).

Buehler445 02-18-2021 10:20 PM

Punisher?

Please please please revive the Bernthal Punisher. My god that was awesome.

Sassy Squatch 02-24-2021 08:38 AM

Starting to really tease some Spider Man 3 info now. Looks like Doctor Strange is definitely involved from the images they released. 3 different titles probably a tease for the 3 different Spider Man's.

lawrenceRaider 02-24-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15556791)
Punisher?

Please please please revive the Bernthal Punisher. My god that was awesome.

Some of the very best TV ever made IMHO.

Sassy Squatch 02-24-2021 12:15 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvAscOfV...pg&name=medium

Fish 02-25-2021 01:08 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a> only in movie theaters this Christmas. <a href="https://twitter.com/SpiderManMovie?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SpiderManMovie</a> <a href="https://t.co/tDfAdAuMro">pic.twitter.com/tDfAdAuMro</a></p>&mdash; Sony Pictures (@SonyPictures) <a href="https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/1364631455406510081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fish 02-25-2021 09:18 PM

LOL WTF?

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aNQkdIeUbvQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 02-25-2021 09:21 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/64aBc1...H28O/giphy.gif

Direckshun 02-26-2021 01:01 PM

Fantastic.

That kind of stuff is how you keep the brand fresh.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2021 01:16 PM

As I mentioned in the WandaVision thread, I've been watching all of the Marvel movies in groups the past few weeks such as Captain America 1, 2 & 3, Ant-Man 1 & 2, Spider-Man 1 & 2, Guardians 1 & 2 and so on.

But wow, are Thor 1 & 2 just awful or what? I mean just how stupid is Asgard and its people?

They have amazing technology that enables them to travel anywhere in the Universe yet their warriors carry swords?

They have a King, which is dumb in an of itself but even worse yet, peasants? Why does Asgard have peasants? They have amazing technology and their world should be wealthy AF yet people willingly choose to live in filth and tattered clothing when they can just up and leave their world for a better life elsewhere?

I love the character of Thor but good grief, those are some really, really dumb movies.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2021 05:12 PM

The is the first poster of The Eternals:

https://thedirect.s3.amazonaws.com/m...ll/etsquad.jpg

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2021 05:13 PM

I think that Richard Madden would have killed it as Reed Richards but I'm sure he'll be great in this film.

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2021 05:14 PM

Here's another although it's strange that Angelina Jolie is missing from both posters.

https://thedirect.s3.amazonaws.com/m...vHXIAsFUAo.jpg

Fish 02-26-2021 05:29 PM

Still don't understand how they're going to pull off the Eternals and make them fit with the existing MCU. Unless they really nerf them or something.

Sure-Oz 02-27-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15562240)
Some of the very best TV ever made IMHO.

Never watched the second season or the last JJ season once I heard they were cancelled I was upset. I did finish Daredevil. Worth a watch still?

Sure-Oz 02-27-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15565682)
Here's another although it's strange that Angelina Jolie is missing from both posters.

https://thedirect.s3.amazonaws.com/m...vHXIAsFUAo.jpg

Glad the didn't show Black Knight

lawrenceRaider 02-27-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15566067)
Never watched the second season or the last JJ season once I heard they were cancelled I was upset. I did finish Daredevil. Worth a watch still?

Abso****inglutely. Punisher season 2 is amazing.

The last season of Jessica Jones isn't as good as the prior seasons, but still worth a watch.

lawrenceRaider 02-27-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15565318)
As I mentioned in the WandaVision thread, I've been watching all of the Marvel movies in groups the past few weeks such as Captain America 1, 2 & 3, Ant-Man 1 & 2, Spider-Man 1 & 2, Guardians 1 & 2 and so on.

But wow, are Thor 1 & 2 just awful or what? I mean just how stupid is Asgard and its people?

They have amazing technology that enables them to travel anywhere in the Universe yet their warriors carry swords?

They have a King, which is dumb in an of itself but even worse yet, peasants? Why does Asgard have peasants? They have amazing technology and their world should be wealthy AF yet people willingly choose to live in filth and tattered clothing when they can just up and leave their world for a better life elsewhere?

I love the character of Thor but good grief, those are some really, really dumb movies.

Thor1 has gotten better for me on subsequent watchings, but Thor2 is ass and gets worse trying to watch it again. Last time I tried to watch Thor2, I couldn't finish. Not saying Thor1 is great, but still not as bad as I first thought.

Thor Ragnarok is my favorite Marvel movie though.

Bowser 02-27-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15565700)
Still don't understand how they're going to pull off the Eternals and make them fit with the existing MCU. Unless they really nerf them or something.

When Guardians of the Galaxy was first announced, I had no idea why they would choose that small-ish niche group to make a movie about. But today, could you imagine the MCU without them? And as far as throttling them down, I think we're seeing a buildup to the heavy hitting cosmic side of Marvel, so I hope they let the Eternals be shown in all their power (still waiting for Drax to get leveled up after getting dumped in that vat of Celestial brain juice by Ronin).

Buehler445 02-27-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15566067)

Yes. Watch DD S2 then the 2 Punisher Series.

It’s ****ing great.

The DD S2 stuff with Bernthal in it is good enough its worth a rewatch.

Do it.

Bowser 03-07-2021 10:52 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/avVvY2n9nhM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure-Oz 03-08-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15566071)
Abso****inglutely. Punisher season 2 is amazing.

The last season of Jessica Jones isn't as good as the prior seasons, but still worth a watch.

Nice I'll have to give it a shot

Sure-Oz 03-08-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15566180)
Yes. Watch DD S2 then the 2 Punisher Series.

It’s ****ing great.

The DD S2 stuff with Bernthal in it is good enough its worth a rewatch.

Do it.

Will do for sure!

DaneMcCloud 03-13-2021 09:39 PM

I watched Agent Carter a few weeks back and started Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. about 10 days ago.

I'm 16 episodes in but there are 136 in total, so it's going to take a looooooooooooooong time to finish it.

Is it worth the time?

Buehler445 03-13-2021 10:14 PM

I didn’t finish shield. Started off cool then took a series of hard lefts and ended up weird as hell. I mean WEIRD.

Jamie 03-13-2021 10:22 PM

It's funny you've watched through episode 16, because episode 17 is the exact point the show gets good. I would say it's worth the time as a show, but it doesn't have much relevance to the MCU. I think at some point Feige said it's not canon.

Fish 03-13-2021 11:00 PM

First couple seasons of Agents of Shield were pretty good actually. But yeah, that show took a pretty epic nosedive the last couple seasons. Just completely fell off the rails. I gave up on it.

I watched Agent Carter too. It was just OK, not much action.

Valiant 03-13-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15583713)
I watched Agent Carter a few weeks back and started Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. about 10 days ago.

I'm 16 episodes in but there are 136 in total, so it's going to take a looooooooooooooong time to finish it.

Is it worth the time?

I gave up on ghost rider arc. The mcu didn't want them included so I lost interest and the one chick was my least favorite character.

Valiant 03-14-2021 12:02 AM

Soo.

Everyone that got snapped and came back Carrie's the gene. Dealing with one of the stones again or certain magic activates it.

Wanda turned on the powers of those in the town.

Dr strange inadvertently turns on the entire planets. This may be done in spiderman or his own movie.

Need to retcon magneto and Xavier though.

I think dp is the new stan Lee character if only he is being brought over. If colossus and others will make it odd unless his previous 2 movies were post snap by a while.

Fish 03-14-2021 12:07 AM

There was also The Inhumans that went for a season or two. They sort of acted like they wanted to tie that into Shield for a while. LOL, holy shit was that trash though....

Bowser 03-14-2021 09:59 AM

At this point, it's hard to figure out if The Agents of SHIELD are going to be considered canon or not. It seems the MCU has gone out of its way to not include those characters or story arcs.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2021 11:36 AM

Thanks, guys!

After the conclusion of WandaVision, I read that Agents of Shield also had a storyline about The Darkhold, which made me wonder if I'd missed anything else related to the Infinity Saga or MCU in AoS. It's not a bad show but it's pretty difficult for me to wrap my head around another 120 40 minute episodes, especially if they're inconsequential to greater story.

I enjoyed Agent Carter but I think I would have enjoyed much more if that series had the kind of budget Disney+ is doling out for their new MCU series. I found the subplot with the Russian assassin school to be really interesting, which is why it's kind of odd that they're revisiting that in Black Widow but hopefully it'll all tie together.

AoS seems like it's in its own little world and I really couldn't care less to watch the "sexual tension" between Fitz & Simmons or Ward & May or Skye and everyone else. I want to see story moved forward, not a CSI-style Procedural masquerading as Marvel.

Buehler445 03-14-2021 01:18 PM

No way it can be cannon.

It has

Spoiler!

In a much different story than MCU

Spoiler!

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15584052)
No way it can be cannon.

It has

Spoiler!

In a much different story than MCU

Spoiler!

Well, from what I've read on MCU sites is that the Darkhold has had many forms and appearances over the course of Marvel comics history, which is why I decided to start AoS so that I'd have some backstory if things in the series make it to the MCU.

I guess it's kind of like how just about every Marvel superhero has died and been resurrected over the years. The Darkhold has many forms and powers, so the writers can bend that McGuffin to their own wishes.

Or something like that. It's kind of difficult to keep up at times with all of the lore. :D

Raiderhater 03-14-2021 01:42 PM

AoS is worth watching at least through the Captain America: Winter Soldier tie in and aftermath. The behind the scenes story of that mess is interesting. It did get near unwatchable towards the end though. And the season after what I thought was the final season I decided was unwatchable after only two maybe three episodes.

Bowser 03-14-2021 01:51 PM

The
Spoiler!
were ok I guess, but it was almost like they locked the writers in a room for a month with unlimited blow and coffee and told them to come up with something completely new and daring, lol.

*Avoid the spoiler, Dane. Lol

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15584102)
AoS is worth watching at least through the Captain America: Winter Soldier tie in and aftermath. The behind the scenes story of that mess is interesting. It did get near unwatchable towards the end though. And the season after what I thought was the final season I decided was unwatchable after only two maybe three episodes.

I was quite surprised that the tie-in came pretty quickly, somewhere around Episode 12 IIRC, which is another reason why I was questioning whether or not to continue.

It's kind of weird to me that it's called Agents of SHIELD when in the movies, SHIELD ceases to exist after Black Widow dumps all of SHIELD's and Hydra's secrets on the internet for the world to see.

The series finale was May 20, 2020 yet a few months later, we see SWORD in WandaVision with no mention of SHIELD, which is also confusing.

Bowser 03-14-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15584117)
I was quite surprised that the tie-in came pretty quickly, somewhere around Episode 12 IIRC, which is another reason why I was questioning whether or not to continue.

It's kind of weird to me that it's called Agents of SHIELD when in the movies, SHIELD ceases to exist after Black Widow dumps all of SHIELD's and Hydra's secrets on the internet for the world to see.

The series finale was May 20, 2020 yet a few months later, we see SWORD in WandaVision with no mention of SHIELD, which is also confusing.

It's quasi-explained why SHIELD is still used. Multi-faceted, if you will.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15584116)
The
Spoiler!

*Avoid the spoiler, Dane. Lol

I remember flipping channels sometime in 2017 or 2018 and stopping on AoS, only to see the that characters were on a spaceship. I immediately thought, "WTF?".

Right then and there I thought, "Well, this show jumped the shark".

LMAO

Buehler445 03-14-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15584137)
I remember flipping channels sometime in 2017 or 2018 and stopping on AoS, only to see the that characters were on a spaceship. I immediately thought, "WTF?".

Right then and there I thought, "Well, this show jumped the shark".

LMAO

And then went on for several more seasons. ROFL

I kinda get it. If they stayed home and safe it would require crossover with MCU events. So they sent them WAAAAY the **** out there.

And it sucked.

Raiderhater 03-14-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Was it that early? I thought it was in like season two but, it’s been some years since I watched the show so my memory can’t be totally trusted.

Having done the chronological thing here recently the movies are fairly fresh in my mind, and as I recall the final out come of SHIELD is never really mentioned. The subject basically dies with Winter Soldier leaving the final out come in question, because as we know in life, nothing like that has a clean ending (and that was quite interesting for me and why I recommend at least watching through that arc). And even with it eventually pulling through it is easy to assume that it is still greatly diminished and thus not a major player worth bringing into the stories.

I’m not saying it’s perfect but, it is workable.

Bowser 03-14-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15584147)
And then went on for several more seasons. ROFL

I kinda get it. If they stayed home and safe it would require crossover with MCU events. So they sent them WAAAAY the **** out there.

And it sucked.

Here's the problem - if it IS canon, wouldn't they and all their tech be immediately procured/used by SHIELD and/or SWORD right now, especially with the Skrulls? And speaking of, wouldn't the Kree be waging war on them and Earth for their alliance? And Ghost Rider, the Dollar Store Darkhold, Epoch, on and on....

That was quite the nerd outburst. Carry on.

Baby Lee 03-15-2021 05:47 AM

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...3f&oe=60751C91

Rausch 03-15-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

The desire to respect continuity seems to have withered the last two years...

DaneMcCloud 03-15-2021 01:14 PM

https://deadline.com/2021/03/kingsle...us-1234714269/

Kingsley Ben-Adir To Star In Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ Series For Disney+

EXCLUSIVE: One Night In Miami star Kingsley Ben-Adir will play a lead opposite Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in Secret Invasion, the upcoming Marvel series for Disney+, Deadline has learned. In Secret Invasion, Jackson and Mendelsohn reprise their MCU characters Nick Fury and the Skrull Talos, respectively, who first met in Captain Marvel. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years. I hear Ben-Adir will play a lead villain on the show. Marvel Studio declined comment.

Ben-Adir is coming off his starring role as Malcolm X in the Regina King-directed One Night In Miami, which has earned him awards recognition. He also recently played Barack Obama on Showtime’s The Comey Rule. Ben-Adir’s TV series credits also include The OA, Peaky Blinders and High Fidelity. He is repped by CAA and Range Media Partners.

DaneMcCloud 03-18-2021 12:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LQLnGHrIw

Disney CEO Bob Chapek says that Disney+ still may end up releasing Black Widow

“Our situation and our conditions change. Just a few weeks ago, theaters in New York and Los Angeles weren’t even open. Now, all of a sudden they’re open, so we’re waiting to see how prospective theatergoers respond to these reopenings.

We’re going to remain flexible. We’ll make the call probably at the last minute in terms of how these films come to market, whether it’s Black Widow or any other title. We love the theatrical window. We think it’s important for building our franchises. At the same time, we don’t think it’s the only way to do it.

We’ll see what happens over the next couple of months. So much is changing, it’s such a dynamic environment. It’s really hard to predict what’s going to happen with consumer behavior in the next month as it comes to re-emergence back into the world of normal. We’ll be watching the call carefully and make the call when we have to.”

Tribal Warfare 04-16-2021 04:49 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AlfredMolina?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AlfredMolina</a> has indicated that he&#39;ll be de-aged for his role as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DocOck?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DocOck</a> in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a>: &quot;I don’t have the same physicality that I had 17 years ago!&quot; Full quote: <a href="https://t.co/dXhaleNjAc">https://t.co/dXhaleNjAc</a> <a href="https://t.co/fmZEOAynXE">pic.twitter.com/fmZEOAynXE</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1383185001521541122?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Baby Lee 04-19-2021 08:28 AM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...14/364/ec7.gif

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/giWIr7U1deA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GloucesterChief 04-19-2021 08:39 AM

Too wuxia for me. Should be more enter the dragon.

Deberg_1990 04-19-2021 01:50 PM

Looks like 2 hours of Asian stereotypes

DaneMcCloud 04-21-2021 12:51 PM

The cast of Secret Invasion is stacked! Samuel L. Jackson, Olivia Coleman, Ben Mendelsohn and now Emilia Clarke.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/emi...el-1234955746/

Emilia Clarke Joins Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ at Disney Plus

Emilia Clarke is in final negotiations to join Marvel Studios’ “Secret Invasion,” the hot original series quickly coming together at Disney Plus. The “Game of Thrones” headliner’s role is naturally under wraps, and marks her first foray into the Marvel universe. She joins previously-reported cast Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Kingsley Ben-Adir, and Olivia Colman.

“Secret Invasion” was announced as a development property last year, one of Marvel’s many planned titles for Disney Plus. Jackson is reprising his MCU role of Nick Fury, while Mendelsohn will play the Skrull Talos as he did in the feature film “Captain Marvel.” “ The series is said to follow a group of shape-shifting aliens who have been infiltrating Earth for years. Ben-Adir has been set as the a main villain. Kyle Bradstreet is attached to write and executive produce. Kevin Feige’s unit is producing the series for the streamer, as it does all other MCU titles, including the hits “WandaVision” and “Falcon and the Winter Soldier.”

Clarke is a four-time Emmy nominee for her portrayal of Daenerys Targaryen on HBO’s global smash “Game of Thrones,” which just celebrated the 10th anniversary of its premiere. She is also a multiple Critics Choice Award nominee and was the 2018 recipient of the BAFTA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year. Clarke is an AMPAS member and was also noted as one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People. She is repped by Range Media Partners, CAA, Emptage Hallett, and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller & Gellman.

Her film credits include the holiday film “Last Christmas,” “Me Before You,” “Terminator Genisys,” and “Solo: A Star Wars Story.” She’ll voice a role in the upcoming animated film “The Amazing Maurice.”

lawrenceRaider 04-21-2021 01:20 PM

I would have watched Secret Invasion anyway, now I have extra motivation.

DaneMcCloud 04-21-2021 03:31 PM

Well, this is absolutely ****ing awesome

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/dis...al-1234957207/

Disney and Sony Set Massive Movie Deal, Bringing ‘Spider-Man’ Films to Disney Plus

Disney has set a massive movie licensing pact with Sony Pictures for the U.S. that promises to bring Spider-Man and other Marvel properties to Disney Plus starting with Sony’s 2022 release slate. The wide-ranging deal, which runs through Sony’s 2026 theatrical slate, also calls for Sony titles to run across Disney’s array of streaming and linear platforms, making it unprecedented in scope as it covers Disney Plus, Hulu, FX Networks, ABC, Disney Channels and Freeform. It also includes a significant number of library titles that will be spread among various outlets.

The agreement comes on the heels of Sony’s output deal with Netflix for titles in the lucrative post-theatrical release Pay 1 window. The Disney deal covers subsequent TV windows, meaning that the titles will land on Netflix first, about nine months after the start of a film’s theatrical run. Disney is scooping up for multiple platforms the windows previously reserved for ad-supported cable and broadcast airings of movies. The Netflix and Disney deals also run for the same license term.

Like the Netflix deal, the Disney pact only covers the U.S. market, despite the global reach of the streamers. The complex agreement is likely to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars to Sony over the term of the deal, which runs about six years in total given the lag time for Disney getting access to the movies. With Netflix and Disney deals combined, Sony is expected to rake in about $3 billion in movie licensing over the life of the deals.

The complex deal was wrangled by Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, and Keith Le Goy, president of worldwide distribution and networks for Sony Pictures Entertainment. The deal marks another example of the entertainment industry rewiring its business models to adjust to a new era of TV exhibition and distribution.

“This landmark multi-year, platform-agnostic agreement guarantees the team at Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution a tremendous amount of flexibility and breadth of programming possibilities to leverage Sony’s rich slate of award-winning action and family films across our direct-to-consumer services and linear channels,” said Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney’s Media and Entertainment Distribution. “This is a win for fans, who will benefit from the ability to access the very best content from two of Hollywood’s most prolific studios across a multitude of viewing platforms and experiences.”

Le Goy noted that the deal was “groundbreaking” and reflected the studio’s focus on getting its movies distributed as widely as possible.

“This groundbreaking agreement reconfirms the unique and enduring value of our movies to film lovers and the platforms and networks that serve them,” said Le Goy. “We are thrilled to team up with Disney on delivering our titles to their viewers and subscribers. This agreement cements a key piece of our film distribution strategy, which is to maximize the value of each of our films, by making them available to consumers across all windows with a wide range of key partners.”

CoMoChief 04-21-2021 05:35 PM

I really tried to get into Wandavision. Do I just need to get past the few first ep before it gets good?

The whole Dick Van Dyke/Bewitched theme just doesn't do it for me. I hated Nick At Nite growing up outside of Get Smart....what a great show, Don Adams was great.

CoMoChief 04-21-2021 05:47 PM

People have been shitting on F/WS show.

I've enjoyed it so far.

More fighting/action than I expected. Some argue "well no shit cpt obvious their characters require them to be action packed or else they become stale and irrelevant.

That may be true....but it's still some good action.

Love when Bucky taps into his inner Winter Soldier buried deep. It's still there and he unleashed it in that Hong Kong nightclub or wherever the **** they were at.

CoMoChief 04-21-2021 05:47 PM

And I like Sharon Carter too. She cute.

Raiderhater 04-21-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15638672)
Well, this is absolutely ****ing awesome

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/dis...al-1234957207/

Disney and Sony Set Massive Movie Deal, Bringing ‘Spider-Man’ Films to Disney Plus

Disney has set a massive movie licensing pact with Sony Pictures for the U.S. that promises to bring Spider-Man and other Marvel properties to Disney Plus starting with Sony’s 2022 release slate. The wide-ranging deal, which runs through Sony’s 2026 theatrical slate, also calls for Sony titles to run across Disney’s array of streaming and linear platforms, making it unprecedented in scope as it covers Disney Plus, Hulu, FX Networks, ABC, Disney Channels and Freeform. It also includes a significant number of library titles that will be spread among various outlets.

The agreement comes on the heels of Sony’s output deal with Netflix for titles in the lucrative post-theatrical release Pay 1 window. The Disney deal covers subsequent TV windows, meaning that the titles will land on Netflix first, about nine months after the start of a film’s theatrical run. Disney is scooping up for multiple platforms the windows previously reserved for ad-supported cable and broadcast airings of movies. The Netflix and Disney deals also run for the same license term.

Like the Netflix deal, the Disney pact only covers the U.S. market, despite the global reach of the streamers. The complex agreement is likely to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars to Sony over the term of the deal, which runs about six years in total given the lag time for Disney getting access to the movies. With Netflix and Disney deals combined, Sony is expected to rake in about $3 billion in movie licensing over the life of the deals.

The complex deal was wrangled by Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, and Keith Le Goy, president of worldwide distribution and networks for Sony Pictures Entertainment. The deal marks another example of the entertainment industry rewiring its business models to adjust to a new era of TV exhibition and distribution.

“This landmark multi-year, platform-agnostic agreement guarantees the team at Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution a tremendous amount of flexibility and breadth of programming possibilities to leverage Sony’s rich slate of award-winning action and family films across our direct-to-consumer services and linear channels,” said Chuck Saftler, head of business operations for ABC, Freeform, FX Networks and Acquisitions for Disney’s Media and Entertainment Distribution. “This is a win for fans, who will benefit from the ability to access the very best content from two of Hollywood’s most prolific studios across a multitude of viewing platforms and experiences.”

Le Goy noted that the deal was “groundbreaking” and reflected the studio’s focus on getting its movies distributed as widely as possible.

“This groundbreaking agreement reconfirms the unique and enduring value of our movies to film lovers and the platforms and networks that serve them,” said Le Goy. “We are thrilled to team up with Disney on delivering our titles to their viewers and subscribers. This agreement cements a key piece of our film distribution strategy, which is to maximize the value of each of our films, by making them available to consumers across all windows with a wide range of key partners.”

Wow. That is absolutely huge for both parties. And for us, too.

Buehler445 04-21-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15638845)
I really tried to get into Wandavision. Do I just need to get past the few first ep before it gets good?

The whole Dick Van Dyke/Bewitched theme just doesn't do it for me. I hated Nick At Nite growing up outside of Get Smart....what a great show, Don Adams was great.

It gets better. In fact it’s a good bit better than FWS

DaneMcCloud 04-23-2021 04:25 PM

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lman-exclusive

Captain America 4' in the Works With 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Showrunner Malcolm Spellman

The head writer and show creator behind Disney+ and Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is developing a fourth installment of the Captain America film franchise for Marvel Studios. Spellman will co-write the script with Dalan Musson, a staff writer on Falcon and the Winter Soldier. No castings for the project are officially known but Friday’s episode offers plenty of roads for the feature to take. Up until this point, Chris Evans has played Captain America via the Steve Rogers character, appearing in a trio of solo movies, Avengers outings, and assorted Marvel movies. And the question of who is entitled to carry the shield or be Captain America was central to the show.

The feature is likely to continue the story of Sam Wilson, played by Anthony Mackie, and the current wielder of the shield. But as the writers get to work, it will interesting to see how the story unfolds with there now being multiple people who have been Captain Americas in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. No director is attached and Evans’ involvement or return remains unconfirmed. Marvel was tight-lipped as usual.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which also stars Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier, has earned strong critical and fan reaction. Spellman assembled a nearly all-Black writer's room for the series, which has been praised for bringing the Black experience to the forefront not quite like any other superhero film or TV show before it. The series has tackled issues as every day as discriminatory lending practices, to the original sins of America building itself on the backs of Black people. The series premiered March 19, to what Disney+ said was its biggest series debut ever, topping popular shows such as Marvel's WandaVision and Lucasfilm's The Mandalorian.

Evans toplined three previous Captain America films, including Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War (2016), and retired the role with Avengers: Endgame. When events pick up in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Wilson opted to forgo the title of Captain America, and sees the government give the role to John Walker (Wyatt Russell), a white member of the military. Spellman was previously a writer/co-executive producer on Fox show Empire and also acted as a consulting producer on crime show Truth Be Told before getting the chance to take the lead on Falcon. He is repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment.

Musson was the credited writer of what is considered among the strongest of the show's installments, episode 5. He is a rising scribe whose previous credit was on Iron Sky: The Coming Race, an action thriller centered on Nazis on the moon. He is repped by Verve and Industry.

Bowser 04-23-2021 06:52 PM

https://pics.me.me/i-have-some-concerns-18765201.png

unlurking 04-24-2021 08:45 AM

While I have lower expectations for the TV shows and didn't mind FatWS, this could suck. Fingers crossed that less screen time force the writers to come up with a tighter plot.

lawrenceRaider 04-25-2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15642556)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 15642978)
While I have lower expectations for the TV shows and didn't mind FatWS, this could suck. Fingers crossed that less screen time force the writers to come up with a tighter plot.

No too get too political, but this seems like it has the potential to be a SJW disaster.

One of Marvel's strengths has been avoiding the whiny side of that movement and still addressing things without ham handed or preachy moments for the most part.

Bucky and Sam was anything but that.

Bowser 05-09-2021 02:02 PM

The characters (or some of them, anyway) from Agents of Shield making a return (entrance) into the MCU?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...1kdNgKGK8-HpCc

The Franchise 05-09-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15643843)
No too get too political, but this seems like it has the potential to be a SJW disaster.

One of Marvel's strengths has been avoiding the whiny side of that movement and still addressing things without ham handed or preachy moments for the most part.

Bucky and Sam was anything but that.

Then you aren’t aware of the cut ending from Wandavision.

Tribal Warfare 05-20-2021 09:53 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KevinBacon?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KevinBacon</a> has expressed interest in appearing in <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesGunn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JamesGunn</a>&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy</a> franchise: &quot;I would love to be part of that!&quot; Full quote: <a href="https://t.co/k4xjA8e387">https://t.co/k4xjA8e387</a> <a href="https://t.co/BJwWom6hUy">pic.twitter.com/BJwWom6hUy</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1395405972751929348?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare 05-20-2021 10:08 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Loki takes over �� Catch <a href="https://twitter.com/twhiddleston?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@twhiddleston</a> on the cover of <a href="https://twitter.com/EW?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EW</a> and start streaming Marvel Studios&#39; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Loki?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Loki</a> June 9 on <a href="https://twitter.com/disneyplus?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DisneyPlus</a>. ��: Charlie Gray for EW <a href="https://t.co/85WVyUffoj">pic.twitter.com/85WVyUffoj</a></p>&mdash; Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1395409583821049857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarvelStudios?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MarvelStudios</a> president Kevin Feige has now declined to confirm if the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Loki?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Loki</a> Disney+ series will tie into <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DoctorStrange2?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DoctorStrange2</a>, despite his previous comments... Full quote: <a href="https://t.co/nU5MAWUpim">https://t.co/nU5MAWUpim</a> <a href="https://t.co/8FeCr1Q5g3">pic.twitter.com/8FeCr1Q5g3</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1395434740468043779?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 05-26-2021 08:07 PM

Aaron Taylor-Johnson has signed on to play Kraven The Hunter for Sony Pictures. I tend to think it's a weird choice since he was Quicksilver in Age of Ultron but I guess that fake Russian accent will come in handy.

https://www.thewrap.com/aaron-taylor...villain-movie/

Aaron Taylor-Johnson has nabbed the lead role as Kraven the Hunter in Sony’s Marvel film, the studio announced on Wednesday.

The studio also locked in the actor for multiple pictures as the iconic “Spider-Man” villain. J.C. Chandor is directing “Kraven the Hunter.” The project is being billed as the next chapter of Sony’s universe of Marvel-licensed characters. Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Richard Wenk wrote the screenplay, while Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing.

Born into Russian aristocracy, Sergei Kravinoff a.k.a. Kraven the Hunter is an obsessive big-game hunter who was introduced as a Spider-Man villain in “The Amazing Spider-Man” #15 (1964), and created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. As seen in the original comics, Kravinoff began his career using the typical tools of the hunter but over time he developed a preference to take down large animals with his bare hands. After meeting a Voodoo witch doctor named Calypso, Kravinoff took a herbal potion which enhanced his physical powers give him the strength, speed and senses to match a jungle cat. The potion also extended his life keeping his health and vitality for years to come.

Over the years, Kraven was established as one of Spider-Man’s most formidable enemies. Among other things he was part of the original Sinister Six and was the centerpiece of the groundbreaking 1987 storyline “Kraven’s Last Hunt,” a crossover of “The Amazing Spider-Man,” “Web of Spider-Man” and “Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man” comics.

“Kraven the Hunter” will be released on Jan. 13, 2023.

The actor’s credits include “Bullet Train” alongside Brad Pitt, Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla,” Oliver Stone’s “Savages,” Tom Ford’s “Nocturnal Animals,” which scored him a BAFTA Award nomination, Joe Wright’s “Anna Karenina,” and Dave Lizewski’s hit film “Kick-Ass.”

Taylor-Johnson is represented by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.

Baby Lee 05-26-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15687814)
Aaron Taylor-Johnson has signed on to play Kraven The Hunter for Sony Pictures. I tend to think it's a weird choice since he was Quicksilver in Age of Ultron but I guess that fake Russian accent will come in handy.

Every time I see this headline, this is my initial mental image.

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/ima...p-y=0.21484375

Tribal Warfare 05-28-2021 11:32 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RUMOR: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WillemDafoe?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WillemDafoe</a>&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GreenGoblin?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GreenGoblin</a> will reportedly be the main villain in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a>! Details: <a href="https://t.co/7fTjgCxUBJ">https://t.co/7fTjgCxUBJ</a> <a href="https://t.co/H6d1SJkMIf">pic.twitter.com/H6d1SJkMIf</a></p>&mdash; MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1398327373142048768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sony reveals that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiderManNoWayHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiderManNoWayHome</a> will kick off its shared Marvel universe. <a href="https://t.co/aXOctOkDmo">https://t.co/aXOctOkDmo</a> <a href="https://t.co/JtK1bYNtZm">pic.twitter.com/JtK1bYNtZm</a></p>&mdash; Screen Rant (@screenrant) <a href="https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1398502493563273217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare 06-01-2021 03:45 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sony Pictures exec Sanford Panitch says “there actually is a plan” to connect Spider-Man with the SPUMC movies.<br><br>“I think when ‘No Way Home’ comes out, even more will be revealed.”<br><br>(Source: <a href="https://t.co/QELMhkXz8z">https://t.co/QELMhkXz8z</a>) <a href="https://t.co/PLH4UOjB2y">pic.twitter.com/PLH4UOjB2y</a></p>&mdash; DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) <a href="https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1399428006821646342?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 31, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare 06-04-2021 03:36 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b0ZOhrpITDI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This popped up on my YouTube feed

DaneMcCloud 06-04-2021 11:11 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� New photo of Mark Rufallo on the set of the Disney+ &#39;SHE-HULK&#39; series &amp; more! <br><br>(via Anais Almonte | FB) <a href="https://t.co/kfzmGt9H7A">pic.twitter.com/kfzmGt9H7A</a></p>&mdash; cosmic (@cosmic_marvel) <a href="https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/status/1400565603564277761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Unchained 06-06-2021 11:08 AM

She Hulk?

No...just NO

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2021 03:08 PM

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/she...il-1234993894/

‘She-Hulk’ Series at Disney Plus Casts Jameela Jamil

The “She-Hulk” series at Disney Plus has cast Jameela Jamil in a major role, Variety has confirmed with sources.

The series centers on lawyer Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany), cousin of Bruce Banner, who inherits his Hulk powers after she receives a blood transfusion from him. Unlike Bruce, however, when she hulks out Jennifer is able to retain most of her personality, intelligence, and emotional control. Jamil will reportedly play Titania, a Marvel supervillain with incredible strength and a frequent rival of She-Hulk.

Along with Maslany, Jamil joins previously announced cast members Renée Elise Goldsberry, Ginger Gonzaga, and Tim Roth. Mark Ruffalo will also reprise the role of Bruce Banner in the series. Jamil is best known to American audiences for her starring role in the critically-acclaimed NBC comedy “The Good Place,” on which she starred throughout the show’s four season run. She also currently hosts the TBS game show “The Misery Index” and serves as a judge on the HBO Max competition series “Legendary.”

Kat Coiro will serve as director and executive producer on “She-Hulk.” She will direct the pilot and additional episodes of the series. Jessica Gao is head writer for the series and serves as executive producer.

“She-Hulk” is one of several Marvel Cinematic Universe shows at Disney Plus. “WandaVision,” “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier,” and most recently “Loki,” have already been released. Others in the pipeline include “Secret Invasion,” “Moon Knight,” “Ms. Marvel,” and “Hawkeye.”

Tribal Warfare 06-11-2021 03:48 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Son of Hulk cometh. New reports suggest <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SheHulk?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SheHulk</a> could feature the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MCU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MCU</a> arrival of Bruce Banner&#39;s son <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Skaar?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Skaar</a>!<a href="https://t.co/3a27BCmju0">https://t.co/3a27BCmju0</a> <a href="https://t.co/lBWdJuwuHu">pic.twitter.com/lBWdJuwuHu</a></p>&mdash; ComicBook.com (@ComicBook) <a href="https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1403466938806902806?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 06-11-2021 05:07 PM

That seems...weird.

Even Banner said that it would be impossible for him to have sex so how would be able to conceive?

And if they go the artificial insemination route, what kind of woman could carry a baby Hulk to term without dying?

Tribal Warfare 06-11-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15705381)
That seems...weird.

Even Banner said that it would be impossible for him to have sex so how would be able to conceive?

And if they go the artificial insemination route, what kind of woman could carry a baby Hulk to term without dying?

The Hulk banged an Alien

DaneMcCloud 06-11-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15705401)
The Hulk banged an Alien

I guess? But yuck.

My suspension of disbelief stops at alien/human births, which is scientifically impossible.

As Carl Sagan once put it, "As likely as a male human creating offspring with a petunia".

Tribal Warfare 06-11-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15705416)
I guess? But yuck.

My suspension of disbelief stops at alien/human births, which is scientifically impossible.

As Carl Sagan once put it, "As likely as a male human creating offspring with a petunia".

It's in the comic during the Planet Hulk when Banner was dormant and The Hulk had control

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...and-caiera.jpg

DaneMcCloud 06-11-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15705419)
It's in the comic during the Planet Hulk when Banner was dormant and The Hulk had control

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...and-caiera.jpg

Man, that kid is going to have some issues

LMAO