ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239)

kcpasco 03-31-2019 12:36 PM

Sliders low and away to Cardinal Righties = automatic out.

kcpasco 03-31-2019 12:42 PM

I don’t think a hitting coach can fix some of these guys. Mo has assembled a team full of free swingers that can crush bad pitches.

O.city 03-31-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14188369)
"What if" John Mozeliak would've given a 5 year deal to a CF who was actually capable of playing CF like Lorenzo Cain while trading for a corner OFer who DIDN'T have a hurt shoulder when acquired and actually hit left-handed like Christian Yelich?

The difference between Ozuna/Fowler and Yelich/Cain is literally 10 games or more. That's staggering.

Yeah, and that

DJ's left nut 03-31-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14188374)
Sliders low and away to Cardinal Righties = automatic out.

Bader gives away as many or more at-bats against RH pitchers as Fowler does.

Nobody wants to admit it, but if a RH can throw 94 with even a get me over slider, Bader is taking a non-competitive AB. With Burnes throwing a cutter that can run horizontally to complement that slider and a fastball he can bury inside, I'd be surprised if Bader puts on in play against him today.

This team needed a lefthanded bat to pick up Bader's poor performance against righties so damn badly and Mozeliak did nothing because he's a dipshit.

kcpasco 03-31-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14188388)
Bader gives away as many or more at-bats against RH pitchers as Fowler does.

Nobody wants to admit it, but if a RH can throw 94 with even a get me over slider, Bader is taking a non-competitive AB. With Burnes throwing a cutter that can run horizontally to complement that slider and a fastball he can bury inside, I'd be surprised if Bader puts on in play against him today.

This team needed a lefthanded bat to pick up Bader's poor performance against righties so damn badly and Mozeliak did nothing because he's a dipshit.

Trying to stay patient because it’s only 4 games but watching a team strikeout 10 plus times a game is really hard to watch. They will have streaks where they hit homeruns in bunches and pile up wins but this is ugly baseball.

Jewish Rabbi 03-31-2019 12:59 PM

These guys ****ing suck.

DJ's left nut 03-31-2019 12:59 PM

"Sly? Dur?"

"Never heard if it..."

Jesus - getting dusted by 94 at the belt; they're lucky to foul them off. And then when the pitcher gets tired of toying with them they just throw a slider in the dirt or waaaaaaay outside for the K.

Wong took a good AB today and so far that's it.

Jewish Rabbi 03-31-2019 01:01 PM

The good news is Burnes is at 60 pitches so we can still strike out 10 times against the bullpen too.

BigRedChief 03-31-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14188368)
It was Yelich who is arguably the best player in the NL. To bad the Cards traded for the crappy Marlin.

Yelich wasn’t going to be traded at the time. Miami was going to keep him long term. This is revisionist history. Also they gave up a shit ton for him. 2 top prospects in baseball. Flaeherty and Reyes to start for sure as part of any deal. We gave up spare parts for Ozuna.

BigRedChief 03-31-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14188410)
The good news is Burnes is at 60 pitches so we can still strike out 10 times against the bullpen too.

WTF is up with our hitters? Even Molina and Goldy are swinging at pitches in the dirt or over in the other batters box, not even close to the strike zone.

kcpasco 03-31-2019 01:12 PM

And there it is. Live and die with the homerun ball all season it seems.

DJ's left nut 03-31-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14188411)
Yelich wasn’t going to be traded at the time. Miami was going to keep him long term. This is revisionist history. Also they gave up a shit ton for him. 2 top prospects in baseball. Flaeherty and Reyes to start for sure as part of any deal. We gave up spare parts for Ozuna.

That's the shit that Goold keeps trying to sell, yes.

There's absolutely nothing that supports it. This is the same Goold that will begrudgingly confess to facts known to him after they become publicly revealed even if he has argued against these things in the past in protecting the Cardinal brand.

According to many folks, the Marlins got less for Yelich than we gave for Ozuna. I don't really agree because I don't have much faith in Alcantara and the rest of that package was rags, but the Brewers didn't give up much for Yelich. Brinson's prospect stock had started to fall pretty precipitously after his brief MLB spell when he appeared to be all tools and no approach. Suddenly he looked like a guy that had a looooong learning curve still in front of him.

Harrison and Diaz were essentially fungible; guys like Mercado, Arozarena and Adolis Garcia.

As soon as the Marlins decided to deal Ozuna, the fire-sale was on. And evidently the Marlins had several suitors for Ozuna so the Cardinals could've easily pivoted to Yelich if they wanted to.

There's no way to review the record there and conclude that Yelich wasn't available. Goold is running cover for his bread and butter again and if anyone else ever reports otherwise and it becomes publicly accepted, we'll hear Goold do the same thing he always does and sheepishly acknowledge some sources he's been sitting on in a chat.

But as I said at the time, the problem wasn't that they just got Ozuna, the problem was the same as it always is with Mozeliak - he stopped one step short of going far enough. I wanted a deal built around Reyes+ to get Ozuna AND Yelich because those guys are perfectly complementary players. Then when Ozuna had fallen on his face last off-season you could've just non-tendered or traded him and still put together the package to get Goldschmidt. Now you have the 1-2 punch of moves that we keep needing to make.

Instead we're still dragging what Ozuna's 'supposed to be' around and we're still a move short of being truly dynamic, even after the Goldy deal.

O.city 03-31-2019 01:38 PM

Maybe a surprise team will suck and decide to firesale is a star center fielder

DJ's left nut 03-31-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14188456)
Maybe a surprise team will suck and decide to firesale is a star center fielder

Trout's under team control for a bit.

I'm sure Mozeliak will make a 'competitive offer'.

BigRedChief 03-31-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14188451)

I ain’t buying anything the STL today writers are selling. They have proven to sit on information that fans want to know so they can keep their access.
What’s the point? We don’t need you to get a comment about a performance after the game. They need to tell us the big stuff, but they don’t. When they do tell us something I’m sure it’s legitimate information but it was fed to them as propaganda or to get a narrative out. They won’t get in trouble for that, no, they get rewarded for putting out that one sided BS.

I only trust info from national writers. Rosenthal etc. and Saxon on the Athletic seems to be on point in most of his columns.

kcpasco 03-31-2019 02:28 PM

What a crappy trade Ozuna has been.

O.city 03-31-2019 03:07 PM

Woof

Jewish Rabbi 03-31-2019 03:07 PM

What do you know. Overpriced reliever gets his shit kicked in and then human gas can Hicks can’t get an out in the 9th.

Frazod 03-31-2019 03:09 PM

Well, I guess it's my fault. Just like last year, every time I turn the ****ing game on they immediately shit their pants. Up 4-1 in the top of the 7th. I promptly see the last out of that inning, and then the bottom of the 7th.

The answer seems to be not watching. Which really isn't that hard. 4321

BigRedChief 03-31-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14188609)
Woof

bases empty you cant throw it down the middle belt high with an 0-2 count. Or throw it belt high down the middle to the hottest hitter on the planet and expect it to end well.

kcpasco 03-31-2019 03:34 PM

Looks like the same team as the last few years. Only score with homeruns, a billion strikeouts and the bullpen blowing games. Fun times.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-31-2019 04:03 PM

Still think they should have traded Hicks.

duncan_idaho 03-31-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14188451)

There's absolutely nothing that supports it. This is the same Goold that will begrudgingly confess to facts known to him after they become publicly revealed even if he has argued against these things in the past in protecting the Cardinal brand.

According to many folks, the Marlins got less for Yelich than we gave for Ozuna. I don't really agree because I don't have much faith in Alcantara and the rest of that package was rags, but the Brewers didn't give up much for Yelich. Brinson's prospect stock had started to fall pretty precipitously after his brief MLB spell when he appeared to be all tools and no approach. Suddenly he looked like a guy that had a looooong learning curve still in front of him.

Harrison and Diaz were essentially fungible; guys like Mercado, Arozarena and Adolis Garcia.

As soon as the Marlins decided to deal Ozuna, the fire-sale was on. And evidently the Marlins had several suitors for Ozuna so the Cardinals could've easily pivoted to Yelich if they wanted to.

There's no way to review the record there and conclude that Yelich wasn't available. Goold is running cover for his bread and butter again and if anyone else ever reports otherwise and it becomes publicly accepted, we'll hear Goold do the same thing he always does and sheepishly acknowledge some sources he's been sitting on in a chat.

But as I said at the time, the problem wasn't that they just got Ozuna, the problem was the same as it always is with Mozeliak - he stopped one step short of going far enough. I wanted a deal built around Reyes+ to get Ozuna AND Yelich because those guys are perfectly complementary players. Then when Ozuna had fallen on his face last off-season you could've just non-tendered or traded him and still put together the package to get Goldschmidt. Now you have the 1-2 punch of moves that we keep needing to make.

Instead we're still dragging what Ozuna's 'supposed to be' around and we're still a move short of being truly dynamic, even after the Goldy deal.

Yeah, I place no faith in that argument from pro-Mozeliak people.

Yelich was available for the right offer. The Cardinals could have gotten him by selling high on Weaver and including the rest of that package.

Mozeliak is like the project manager who only projects the bare minimum needed. He never builds in the buffer needed to ensure success and account for normal roadblocks and regression.

O.city 04-01-2019 11:37 AM

Waino off to a great start.

Good lord what a great idea that was.

Frazod 04-01-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14189537)
Waino off to a great start.

Good lord what a great idea that was.

From what I've seen/heard so far, all I can say is thank God for Mahomes.

kcpasco 04-01-2019 11:50 AM

Waino can go to the bullpen or get cut. It’s harsh because he’s been a great Cardinal but he’s just not good anymore.

TravelingChiefs 04-01-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14189566)
Waino can go to the bullpen or get cut. It’s harsh because he’s been a great Cardinal but he’s just not good anymore.

Waino does not look good, also Ozuna is trash!

kcpasco 04-01-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelingChiefs (Post 14189607)
Waino does not look good, also Ozuna is trash!

If Ozuna could hit for power like he was suppose to you could excuse his noodle arm. At this rate I’d rather see JoMart in left. It would be hilarious to watch him play defense but at least he rakes.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 12:51 PM

This team has struck out like 56 times in 4.5 games. New season, same bullshit.

Wait, make that 57 now.

TravelingChiefs 04-01-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14189609)
If Ozuna could hit for power like he was suppose to you could excuse his noodle arm. At this rate I’d rather see JoMart in left. It would be hilarious to watch him play defense but at least he rakes.

I'd be happy if Ozuna would just hit. At least he's not wearing his stupid Marlins armband this year.

scho63 04-01-2019 01:06 PM

Let's go Buccos!

kcpasco 04-01-2019 01:06 PM

I like listening to Edmonds but his excuse about it being cold is bs. Cold weather isn’t making these guys swing at pitches 1 or 2 feet out of the damn zone.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14189653)
I like listening to Edmonds but his excuse about it being cold is bs. Cold weather isn’t making these guys swing at pitches 1 or 2 feet out of the damn zone.

For some reason I keep thinking about the fact the other team is playing in the same weather.

TravelingChiefs 04-01-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14189656)
For some reason I keep thinking about the fact the other team is playing in the same weather.

Stop making sense!

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 01:17 PM

1-4 after three trips through the order:

0 hits, 8 strikeouts, 8 LOB and a whopping TWO pitches put in play. That's the top of our lineup through 6 innings against a guy who was spinning every other slider right into the middle of the zone and it simply did not matter.

They're !@#$ing hopeless up there.

And really, the Pirates look like shit now that Brebbia is actually throwing major league quality stuff at them. So when we gift them 4 innings of batting practices mixed in with intentional passes and then elect to swing through pretty much everything thrown up there, we're gonna have a bad time.

Please someone tell me Dex broke his toe. I can totally root for that. It's just a ****ing toe and he'll be fine. It won't impact his quality of life or anything and all the mopey ****s on Twitter can shutup about me wishing injury on a player. Please tell me that he broke his damn toe.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 01:21 PM

Why isn't the cold affecting Wong so far?

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 01:24 PM

I think maybe pitchers should stop trying to sneak inside fastballs past Wong for a few days.

You know he gets all fired up when he gets into one, so maybe take advantage of that fact and work him away a bit.

Because Wong's hands have always been among the quickest in the bidness - you have to use that against him. When he gets pull happy, let him do it and work him away for those slow rollers. But he can take that inside fastball and hit the shit out of it if you're gonna let him.

TravelingChiefs 04-01-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14189682)

Wong is just happy meathead isn't there ****ing with him anymore.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14189689)
I think maybe pitchers should stop trying to sneak inside fastballs past Wong for a few days.

You know he gets all fired up when he gets into one, so maybe take advantage of that fact and work him away a bit.

Because Wong's hands have always been among the quickest in the bidness - you have to use that against him. When he gets pull happy, let him do it and work him away for those slow rollers. But he can take that inside fastball and hit the shit out of it if you're gonna let him.

What worries me is he goes on an early HR tear like this and then starts trying to hit every single pitch out of the park and goes on a 2 month slump, then he gets hot again and gets injured 2 weeks later.

BigRedChief 04-01-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14189682)

I get opening the season with Wong near the bottom order but, he needs to go up in the order. Wong should hit 2nd and just push everyone else down in the lineup.

BigRedChief 04-01-2019 01:41 PM

WTF is up with all the players with beards? When did that become a thing?

Marcellus 04-01-2019 01:43 PM

Goddamn Ozuna is a worthless mother****er.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-01-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14189706)
I get opening the season with Wong near the bottom order but, he needs to go up in the order. Wong should hit 2nd and just push everyone else down in the lineup.

No. You hit your best guy second. I don't mind them hitting the pitcher 8th, but Goldschmidt should be second. That fat **** Ozuna can hit 8th.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 01:46 PM

2 strikeouts to kill the rally, 13 today I believe, in 7 innings. :facepalm:

George Liquor 04-01-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14189714)
2 strikeouts to kill the rally, 13 today I believe, in 7 innings. :facepalm:

Holy shit

Marcellus 04-01-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 14189715)
Holy shit

Shit I was wrong, its only 12.

Top 4 in the order have now struck out 9 times. Ozuna 3 times.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14189717)
Shit I was wrong, its only 12.

Top 4 in the order have now struck out 9 times. Ozuna 3 times.

The top 4 has now left 14 on base while striking out 9 times and have put TWO balls in play all day. Not hits, mind you. 2 balls in play (both were outs).

They aren't taking secondary leads to advance on balls in the dirt. They didn't send Bader on the fly ball from DeJong for some stupid reason (throw was ass, he'd have scored). They're passive, they're disinterested.

Wong is the only guy on the entire team that I enjoy watching. Even Goldschmidt is just going out there doing his best Adam Dunn impression. I'm so ****ing tired of this 'modern' brand of baseball where everyone is looking to draw walks and hit homeruns, strikeouts be damned.

Walks and HRs are good things but they can't be the only !@#$ing things you do.

This team is just a ****ing trainwreck.

BigRedChief 04-01-2019 01:52 PM

Can’t blame the hitting coach because the top of our order is swinging at shit 2 feet off the plate or pitches that bounce in front of the plate.

BigRedChief 04-01-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14189713)
No. You hit your best guy second. I don't mind them hitting the pitcher 8th, but Goldschmidt should be second. That fat **** Ozuna can hit 8th.

okay, then hit Wong 3rd. Whatever you need to get him more AB’s. He cools off, move him back down in the lineup.

Hoover 04-01-2019 01:56 PM

You guys look pretty good when you are playing the mens softball league champion Brewers who don't have shit for pitching, but then you lost that series too.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14189722)
Can’t blame the hitting coach because the top of our order is swinging at shit 2 feet off the plate or pitches that bounce in front of the plate.

You can blame our chickenshit cuckold of a ****ing front office.

Put Bryce Harper in that 3 hole so you sit L/R/L/R and you're not putting DeJong AND Molina at least 2 spots in the order higher than they should be.

Would've just been terrible to see Harper up there protecting Goldschmidt. Would've hated to see the pitcher have to come to him because Harper with the bases loaded and none out is his 'reward' for walking Goldy.

But it's okay. Fowler was 'probably the right choice....'

****ing gutless ****s.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-01-2019 02:00 PM

Jesus Monkey ****ing Jew Bastard Christ.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 02:01 PM

hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-01-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14189732)
You can blame our chickenshit outstanding citizenold of a ****ing front office.

Put Bryce Harper in that 3 hole so you sit L/R/L/R and you're not putting DeJong AND Molina at least 2 spots in the order higher than they should be.

Would've just been terrible to see Harper up there protecting Goldschmidt. Would've hated to see the pitcher have to come to him because Harper with the bases loaded and none out is his 'reward' for walking Goldy.

But it's okay. Fowler was 'probably the right choice....'

****ing gutless ****s.

I'd like to excoriate Mozeliak for only taking half measures by signing mid-level free agents to shitty deals instead of concentrating his assets for one difference maker.

However, you also have to consider that he has gotten completely ****ing hosed on three of the last four trades that he made--Pham, Piscotty, and Voit, and on the one that should be decent value, he immediately signed the guy to a "meh" contract that is going to take him into his late 30's without ever getting his prime years.

He keeps dumping 8 figure annual salaries on relievers who are two-plus years past their peak, immediately signing cost-controlled average starters to multiyear deals (DeJong, Wong), and he locks up his interim manager before the season is even over, which keeps them attached to him after a September collapse.

If it wasn't for what Flores is doing with the system, you wouldn't have any argument that not only is he the worst GM in the division, he might be the worst one west of Miami.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 02:10 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, Mozeliak ****ing sucks at this.

But he's clearly an administrator at this point; a bag man at best. DeWitt sees him as a guy who keeps the trains running efficiently on the balance sheets.

Alright, Bill - This is the guy you want running the show and he's CLEARLY a sub-optimal baseball man who's bonafides are little more than the product of Jeff Luhnow and, if he's lucky, Randy Flores. If this is the guy you want running things you owe it to the dedicated fans of this team to go the extra mile.

Bryce Harper wasn't a conversation between Boras and Mozeliak. It never is with those guys. That was Boras and DeWitt and DeWitt never even bothered to engage.

But hey, at least we got a supercharged Tyler Webb on our team!! I loved Andrew Miller throwing 93-94 with a looping slider. Guy looked like any number of the dozen fungible lefthanders you can find in the minors every year against the Brewers.

Because Mozeliak has never learned a thing from his myriad of mistakes.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-01-2019 02:11 PM

I know that I would lose, but I would legit fight Ozuna on general principle, just for showing up so goddamned out of shape in a contract year.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 02:14 PM

Jesus Christ - Miller looks like every fungible lefthanded reliever we've ever had.

Just tries to throw sliders out of the zone and occasionally sneak a fastball in there just to keep guys honest. If he's lucky the guy will just swing at slop and get himself out. More likely they'll just spit on this !@#$ing slop.

This front office is just staggeringly foolish.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14189745)
I know that I would lose, but I would legit fight Ozuna on general principle, just for showing up so goddamned out of shape in a contract year.

Still better than Holland.

Holland gained 30 lbs in the offseason prior to getting paid because of how certain he was that someone was going to give him a long-term deal. Then when it didn't happen, he waddled his ass into camp when some GM was dumb enough to give him a 'bargain' contract and refused assignment to get into shape.

Hey, remember when the Cards Twitter was telling us how brilliant Mozeliak was to sign Holland? Sounded a lot like the 'bargain' they got on Miller.

The guy keeps shopping the clearance rack and he gets guys like Leake - who does nothing well. Fowler - who's in obvious decline. Ozuna - hurt shoulder (bet you even money Mozeliak knew about it but was willing to gamble because he cost less to acquire in return). Holland, Miller, Gregerson - washed up.

He keeps on cutting corners with these acquisitions and in the process just setting money on fire.

And when the Cardinals miss the playoffs again and he's brought back for no reason whatsoever, he'll do the exact same thing next season. Because he's an idiot.

Randy Flores is the only hope this organization has for long-term success. It sure as shit isn't bagman Moe or his organizational stooge Girsch.

George Liquor 04-01-2019 02:34 PM

I really wanted to like Ozuna, he seemed like good dude when I sat in left field opening day weekend last year.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 02:37 PM

Carpenter just struck out for the 3rd time with a runner on 2nd. Hell of a lead off guy.

kcpasco 04-01-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14189792)
Carpenter just struck out for the 3rd time with a runner on 2nd. Hell of a lead off guy.

Shadows and cold weather

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-01-2019 02:39 PM

Jesus **** what a meatball.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 02:40 PM

1 pitch later and we give the lead back up.

kcpasco 04-01-2019 02:43 PM

Why didn’t shadows prevent that homerun?

BigRedChief 04-01-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14189792)

set himself up by swinging at the previous pitch 1-2 feet out of the strike zone. Molina swinging at a pitch that bounced in front of the plate with bases loaded too. Fine examples they are setting.

Marcellus 04-01-2019 02:47 PM

Carpenter will probably need an extra day off after tomorrow for a mental rest day.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 03:03 PM

Best pure hitter on the team finally takes the pitch where it was thrown instead of trying to pull it and smokes the damn thing into the gap. Hell of an AB from Hose.

Now back to your regularly scheduled pull-fest where we get eaten alive by anything on the outer 1/3.

kcpasco 04-01-2019 03:07 PM

JoMart needs to be an everyday player. Put his ass in lf or rf and deal with his crappy defense.

BigRedChief 04-01-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14189898)
JoMart needs to be an everyday player. Put his ass in lf or rf and deal with his crappy defense.

your not going to find anyone in here advocating for Fowler to play. :)

O’Neill had a good AB to tie it too.

kcpasco 04-01-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14189919)
your not going to find anyone in here advocating for Fowler to play. :)

O’Neill had a good AB to tie it too.

Yes he should replace Fowler. But right now Fowler has taken much better at bats than Ozuna.

BigRedChief 04-01-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14189928)
Yes he should replace Fowler. But right now Fowler has taken much better at bats than Ozuna.

okay do we put Jose in RF and Broneill in LF.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14189928)

And Bader's probably taking worse ABs than both of them. Though I don't think you're giving Fowler credit for how bad his AB's have actually been. He's drawn some walks by simply standing there and not competing in the AB. But when he's gone up there looking to swing, he's just been eaten alive. I think I've seen one AB so far where he's actually taken an aggressive approach to the plate and managed to actively coax a walk. Fowler's been shit in his own right.

I don't know how Shildt doesn't just throw his hands in the air and just tell the 5 of them to figure it out.

Because near as I can tell, all 3 starters are sucking at everything. Can Gyorko play RF when he gets back?

No really...I'm serious.

kcpasco 04-01-2019 03:32 PM

Ozuna isn’t getting benched anyways. They will give him this year but I could see a possible change with Fowler.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14189950)
Ozuna isn’t getting benched anyways. They will give him this year but I could see a possible change with Fowler.

Why?

He's a pending free agent. They don't owe him anything past this season and I don't think they'll let him kill a season for a comp pick (if he even earns the QO).

That guy may have less rope than Fowler at this point. They still owe Fowler $50 million. They don't owe Ozuna a dime past this season and that appears to be all this organization gives a damn about.

Frazod 04-01-2019 03:53 PM

Could somebody explain how the **** an out was made on a walk to load the bases? :cuss:

Marcellus 04-01-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14189993)
Could somebody explain how the **** an out was made on a walk to load the bases? :cuss:

Yadi was caught off second base headed towards 3rd on a wild pitch that was ball 4.

More stupid baseball.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

We're stupid.

Ball bounced away and hit the brick backstop. Weiters came down the line a bit but stopped (because he was gonna be out). Cervelli walked him back and for whatever reason yadi treated it like Weiters was dead to right and so he just hung out halfway between 2nd and 3rd looking to draw a throw and 'save' the lead runner.

I have no idea why, had he just run back to 2b when Weiters was going back to 3b, everyone would've been save and all would've been well. But because he's an idiot, Cervelli threw behind him and when he did that, Weiter saw Yadi was probably toast and tried to score the run.

So they threw home and he was out by 12 feet.

It was as shitshow as everything in this game has been. The Cardinals probably suck.

Jewish Rabbi 04-01-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

A better question is how the **** do you run out of players in the 11th? I can understand the 15th, but the 11th god damn inning?

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 04:00 PM

Man I love me some Kolten Wong.

I hate everyone else, but I love me some Kolten Wong.

DJ's left nut 04-01-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14190011)
A better question is how the **** do you run out of players in the 11th? I can understand the 15th, but the 11th god damn inning?

Because your cumstain of a petulant reerun at 3b struck out AGAIN and got himself tossed.

It was ridiculous. Dude was chirping on strike 2 on a pitch that was clearly a strike and I knew something was coming. Carpenter gets into 'Walk Hunter' mode where all he does is go up there hoping to get walked.

And he turnes into the mopingest **** in the world when he's doing that. He gets rung up on an accurate check swing call, literally points to the 3b up and shouts "YOU SUCK!!!"

Well yeah, Matt. That's gonna get you tossed. Idiot.