ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs David Carr " Chiefs have higher upside with Mahomes" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311728)

CrowbarMan 12-30-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13315428)
15th rated QB in football over the last six weeks.

15th in TDs.

Carr was right.

Why an arbitrary 6 games? What about the last 4? Or 5?

Cherry picking.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13315974)

Cherry picking.

That's his thing. He has to cherry pick to make his point. He always has, always will.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13315974)

Cherry picking.

I just went with the same size pro football reference tweeted out. A nice independent judge.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the last six weeks, Ben Roethlisberger has 1,953 yards and 16 TDs. That&#39;s three more TDs and 88 more yards than any other QB in that span <a href="https://t.co/Qwg6Bgkx6H">https://t.co/Qwg6Bgkx6H</a> <a href="https://t.co/JH035QfVuy">pic.twitter.com/JH035QfVuy</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballReference (@pfref) <a href="https://twitter.com/pfref/status/946809341188993024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Since you seem interested in changing the data to see if it still fits, though, let's go with an even LARGER sample size to give us an even better picture.

Last eight games.

16th in TDs,
14th in QB rating
15th in YPA

Average Alex!

KChiefs1 12-30-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13315428)
15th rated QB in football over the last six weeks.

15th in TDs.

Carr was right.

So average huh. I'm shocked.

A8bil 12-30-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13315981)
I just went with the same size pro football reference tweeted out. A nice independent judge.

Since you seem interested in changing the data to see if it still fits, though, let's go with an even LARGER sample size to give us an even better picture.

Average Alex!

Everyone has an agenda. Let's take a look over the past 4 weeks, when Reid gave up play calling duties.

TDs 7 - Tied for 7th
QB Rate - 4th
Total Pass Yds - 6th
YPA - 4th
Aypa - 3rd

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8bil (Post 13316056)
Everyone has an agenda. Let's take a look over the past 4 weeks, when Reid gave up play calling duties.

TDs 7 - Tied for 7th
QB Rate - 4th
Total Pass Yds - 6th

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

Sample size too small. Skewed by the Jets game.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316058)

i.e. That doesn't fit his narrative.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13316073)
i.e. That doesn't fit his narrative.

It would seem there is more data supporting it than this other narrative though.

A 6, 8 or 3-game sample size suitably impugns Smith.

Homers want to overweight the Jets game within their own narrative. I simply balance it out.

A8bil 12-30-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316058)

the point is you can play your game for every QB in the league. Big Ben from weeks 3-9 was in the bottom 3rd of the league in every statistical category besides INT...LOL. like I said, Lies Damn Lies and Statistics.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316076)
It would seem there is more data supporting it than this other narrative though.

A 6, 8 or 3-game sample size suitably impugns Smith.

Homers want to overweight the Jets game within their own narrative. I simply balance it out.

Yet you throw out the first 6 weeks of the season entirely because Smith was on fire. Admit it Clay. You would have bet your left nut that Smith would never throw for 4000 yards and 26 TD's in 15 games. He has had a really good year. It's okay to admit that, no matter how much you loathe him.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13316093)
Yet you throw out the first 6 weeks of the season entirely because Smith was on fire.

It would seem the first five weeks were very much a mirage, considering the decline to average since.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8bil (Post 13316088)
the point is you can play your game for every QB in the league. Big Ben from weeks 3-9 was in the bottom 3rd of the league in every statistical category besides INT...LOL. like I said, Lies Damn Lies and Statistics.

It's true he was. That seems irrelevant now, no?

You want to be hot going into the playoffs. Big Ben is the hottest QB in the NFL right now. Alex is rather lukewarm.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316100)
It's true he was. That seems irrelevant now, no?

You want to be hot going into the playoffs. Big Ben is the hottest QB in the NFL right now. Alex is rather lukewarm.

Alex's numbers are much better the past 4 weeks than they were during the slump. So wouldn't you say that he is getting hot at the right time too?

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13316105)
Alex's numbers are much better the past 4 weeks than they were during the slump. So wouldn't you say that he is getting hot at the right time too?

He's 26th in TDs and 11th in QB rating in the last three games.

That's not hot.

The Jets game is an outlier.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316108)

That's not hot.

There you go throwing out the Jets game to make your point.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 02:34 PM

These numbers look pretty hot to me. I refuse to let you throw out his best game in the past 4 to make your point.

TDs 7 - Tied for 7th
QB Rate - 4th
Total Pass Yds - 6th
YPA - 4th
Aypa - 3rd

BigRedChief 12-30-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316108)

That's not hot.

It's irrelevant IMO, barring an injury, no way they start Mahomes in the playoffs. The fan base wont tolerate anyone other than Mahomes starting in 2018. The die is set.

A8bil 12-30-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13316105)

or more importantly, the Chiefs are getting hot at the right time. Smith has been doing what it takes to get solid wins.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13316114)
These numbers look pretty hot to me. I refuse to let you throw out his best game in the past 4 to make your point.

TDs 7 - Tied for 7th
QB Rate - 4th
Total Pass Yds - 6th
YPA - 4th
Aypa - 3rd

Again, too small a sample size, too greatly skewed by one game.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316118)

Ok. You're right. We should look at the entire season. Oh. What do you know? Those numbers look pretty good.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Last I checked, 4 games is more than 3(which is what you just cited). And it also coincides with when Nagy took over play calling. The Jets game is included for everyone that isn't an irrational hater.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13316121)
Ok. You're right. We should look at the entire season. Oh. What do you know? Those numbers look pretty good.

Too large a sample size. Especially when it's obvious to all that version of Alex Smith hasn't returned.

jjchieffan 12-30-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316126)
Too large a sample size. Especially when it's obvious to all that version of Alex Smith hasn't returned.

LMAO and this is exactly why you have zero credibility

Hammock Parties 12-30-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13316156)
LMAO and this is exactly why you have zero credibility

I think it's less credible to only focus on the one sample size that supports your position.

I've got the 3-game, 6-game and 8-game sample size supporting mine.

I guess you can hope and pray that outlier Alex returns, but that seems unlikely.

He seems more likely to give us an average game against the top defense in football.

CrowbarMan 12-30-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

The ban can't start soon enough.

Dinny Bossa Nova 12-30-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13316200)
The ban can't start soon enough.

One mother****er posts a picture.

35 pages of argufyin' mother****ers.

It's gonna be epic.

Dinny

Best22 12-30-2017 03:38 PM

Alex Smith is a game manager now that the defense has settled down

He started out as a game winner in weeks 1-8

Then as a game loser in weeks 9-12

Now a game manager in weeks 13-16

If the defense keeps playing well and the run game keeps going this is almost all we need. The yards are there. We just need more touchdowns in the red zone.

jjchieffan 01-01-2018 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13316160)
I think it's less credible to only focus on the one sample size that supports your position.

I've got the 3-game, 6-game and 8-game sample size supporting mine.

I guess you can hope and pray that outlier Alex returns, but that seems unlikely.

He seems more likely to give us an average game against the top defense in football.

And I've got the first 5 game, the last 4 game, and the 15 game season samples supporting my case. I'm not seeing how your sample sizes are more valid than mine. You are cherry picking the games that support your irrational hatred.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 02:01 AM

Derek Carr was in the MVP conversation last year. He is the stud of the division. No offense but instant gratification is not the answer to replacing a seasoned veteran. From what I saw of Mahomes he looks like he has potential but he's not ready to start in the NFL and who knows he may never be ready.

He is too jumpy in the pocket and forces the ball in dangerous places.

PAChiefsGuy 01-01-2018 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13316221)
Alex Smith is a game manager now that the defense has settled down

He started out as a game winner in weeks 1-8

Then as a game loser in weeks 9-12

Now a game manager in weeks 13-16

If the defense keeps playing well and the run game keeps going this is almost all we need. The yards are there. We just need more touchdowns in the red zone.

Smitty had a good season and led us to the playoffs and our first back-to-back AFC West Championships ever. Stop over-analyzing the season like you are a psychologist. He played great this year.

You're an idiot and a hater if you can't admit he had a great season..

staylor26 01-01-2018 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan (Post 13322075)
Derek Carr was in the MVP conversation last year. He is the stud of the division. No offense but instant gratification is not the answer to replacing a seasoned veteran. From what I saw of Mahomes he looks like he has potential but he's not ready to start in the NFL and who knows he may never be ready.

He is too jumpy in the pocket
and forces the ball in dangerous places.

What a ridiculously bad take LMAO

Chief Northman 01-01-2018 02:06 AM

Quote:

Dude, do you even football?

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13322080)
What a ridiculously bad take LMAO

Do you think if Aaron Rodgers had taken over the Packers even though Brett was still there that he'd be as good as he is? No one really knows but we do know he sat behind one of the greatest players of al time and has cemented himself as one of the best to ever play the game.

I'll give this young man the opportunity to learn the NFL. However, High School and College football does not compare.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13322081)
Dude, do you even football?

Specifically talking physical traits Pat and Aarron Rodgers are strikingly similar but as far as the mental side yes Rodgers was farther ahead coming out of Cal. Rodgers thrives outside the pocket throwing unbelievable balls that's never been witnessed in the NFL. Mahomes has the same arm strength and ability in my opinion. Not saying Mahomes is any where near Rodgers game at this point (because he's not) but there's a lot of hope and optimism in KC. However.

Hope and optimism do not win games..in AFC west

OKchiefs 01-01-2018 02:19 AM

Quote:

Dumbass

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13322090)
I am Dumbass

He's not even on the same tier as Alex Smith yet.

OKchiefs 01-01-2018 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan (Post 13322093)
He's not even on the same tier as Alex Smith yet.

Not too hard to go one and done in the playoffs like Alex does.

TimBone 01-01-2018 02:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hahahahahahahahahaha.....JFC....if there is anyone, absolutely ANYONE, that still buys in to anything you have to say...this did ended that. This is lazy trolling.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13322098)
Not too hard to go one and done in the playoffs like Alex does.

And I agree. However, give him another year at least or two (possibly) before expecting him to start. Smith is easily good enough to win a Superbowl this year.

New World Order 01-01-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Forces the ball into dangerous places?

He had one bad decision where he lobbed the ball up into double coverage to Harris

That was it.

New World Order 01-01-2018 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan (Post 13322085)
Do you think if Aaron Rodgers had taken over the Packers even though Brett was still there that he'd be as good as he is? No one really knows but we do know he sat behind one of the greatest players of al time and has cemented himself as one of the best to ever play the game.

I'll give this young man the opportunity to learn the NFL. However, High School and College football does not compare.

Both sides of the sitting vs playing argument have winners.

What about Manning, Brady, Ryan, Wilson, Big Ben etc...?

They all played right away and are/were great quarterbacks.

Coogs 01-01-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13322107)

He had one bad decision where he lobbed the ball up into double coveriage to Harris

That was it.

Something must have happened on the release. Harris was 2 steps behind everyone and not double covered. The last guy got over there very late, as the pass came in like a fair- catch punt. Happened right in front of me at the game. Normal Mahomes pass from that game, and it's game over.

It looked very much like the plays Clay has gifed up from the all22s that show open receivers that Smith doesn't throw to. Mahomes did. But for some reason, Harris had to stop, and another defender came in late to make it look like double coverage. Mahomes leads Harris, and that is an easy TD.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-01-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

He would benefit from another year behind Smith. If Smith does down the kid will give you at least 50% chance of winning games while he is out

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-01-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan (Post 13322087)
Specifically talking physical traits Pat and Aarron Rodgers are strikingly similar but as far as the mental side yes Rodgers was farther ahead coming out of Cal. Rodgers thrives outside the pocket throwing unbelievable balls that's never been witnessed in the NFL. Mahomes has the same arm strength and ability in my opinion. Not saying Mahomes is any where near Rodgers game at this point (because he's not) but there's a lot of hope and optimism in KC. However.

Hope and optimism do not win games..in AFC west

Rodgers and Smith escape the pocket and get those sneaky yards a lot better. Again just a small sample size. Pat has several years into he's even at where Rodgers was when he first got the start... You can tell by the maturity, decision making, demeanor, quality of throws

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13322185)
Rodgers and Smith escape the pocket and get those sneaky yards a lot better. Again just a small sample size. Pat has several years into he's even at where Rodgers was when he first got the start... You can tell by the maturity, decision making, demeanor, quality of throws

Alex is a better runner than Rodgers or mahomes. The comparison ends there. Alex is not good throwing on the run, let alone looking to throw, let alone taking chances throwing on the run. And he's not good about knowing his pocket to initially escape pressure. In those areas, mahomes looks like he could be Rodgers like.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Yes. Aaron Rodgers would have been fine.

Like any young qb, he would have learned while he played. Just as Wentz is doing. Just as Goff is doing. Just as Watson was doing.

New World Order 01-01-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13322185)

LOL. Smith isn't even in the same ballpark as Rodgers in evading pressure and buying time.

Mahomes on the other hand...

https://i.imgur.com/yAMm8tf.gif

Warpaint69 01-01-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13322181)
He would benefit from another year behind Smith. If Smith does down the kid will give you at least 50% chance of winning games while he is out

More like sell high on Alex and insert the Ferrari into the offense at QB.

Mav 01-01-2018 09:43 AM

I’d be tempted to just go with Mahomes now honestly. Mahomes is a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baitism 01-01-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

I didn't think it was possible for your sports takes to be worse than your political takes, but here we are.

bigjosh 01-01-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

I think the Rodger situation is different.

Rodgers fell into Green Bays lap. They didnt move up 15 spots and use future draft capitol to get him.

They probably weren't planning on taking him, he just kind of fell to them. They didnt move up because they already had a Hall of fame bound QB, and even then they probably only took Aaron because Favre was 36 years old.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-01-2018 10:06 AM

The Chiefs aren't keeping the Ferrari in the garage another year. That thought died yesterday.

BigCatDaddy 01-01-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13322254)
LOL. Smith isn't even in the same ballpark as Rodgers in evading pressure and buying time.

That's ****ing insane. Shitty runs in circles there before heaving it into the bleachers.

Marcellus 01-01-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13322254)

I just cant even wrap my head around this. Doesn't seem real.

Sandy Vagina 01-01-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13322340)
That's ****ing insane. Shitty runs in circles there before heaving it into the bleachers.

imagine what happens if #29 actually turns to locate the ball as coached to do....

uh oh. Worth it then?

:p

... but Mahomes did enough overall to give everyone some confidence in his future.

I still feel sure Smith is gone from KC next season.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-01-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13322350)
imagine what happens if #29 actually turns to locate the ball as coached to do....

uh oh. Worth it then?

Roby was covering a guy in the flat. He never had a chance to make a play there.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13322107)

He had one bad decision where he lobbed the ball up into double coverage to Harris

That was it.

He got lucky on that play, too. This game is to close to afford Mahomes an interception returned for a touchdown.

So, once is too many and it gives me pause. I see Brett Farve 2.0 in this way. Also, he's likely going to fumble the ball as well as much as he scrambles after being pocket flushed.

Ultimately, my concern is by comparison. One or two bad decisions equals an interception, fumble, or both. If you are going to make excuses for one or two bad decisions, let's at least look at what you're apologizing for potentially.

Here is a glance at Farves career: owns the all-time fumbles record at 166 (losing 73) in addition to throwing 336 interceptions. That's an astounding 406 turnovers, or an average of 1.33 per game over his 302 game regular season career.

And these numbers don't include playoffs. He owns the playoff record of interceptions at 30 and fumbled 11 times (losing 6) in 24 games. That's 1.5 turnovers per playoff game --even more horrific than his regular season performances.

Incidentally, Farve went to the playoffs 12 times and amassed a record of 13 and 11, including 1 and 1 on the "best team I've ever been on."

How important were his turnovers in those 11 losses?

Lzen 01-01-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

This person either doesn't know shit about football or didn't watch the game against Denver.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13322356)
This person either doesn't know shit about football or didn't watch the game against Denver.

Oh look, ad hominem. Refute what is written

Lzen 01-01-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan (Post 13322367)
Oh look, ad hominem. Refute what is written

**** you! You think your opinion means more? No, it doesn't. I saw a rookie QB come out yesterday and was a little inaccurate for the first couple of drives. Then he settled down and started making plays. He stepped up in the pocket under pressure and delivered strikes. Even when there wasn't anything open he made plays. Your assessment is flawed.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13322375)
**** you! You think your opinion means more? No, it doesn't. I saw a rookie QB come out yesterday and was a little inaccurate for the first couple of drives. Then he settled down and started making plays. He stepped up in the pocket under pressure and delivered strikes. Even when there wasn't anything open he made plays. Your assessment is flawed.

Damn girl, gather yourself.

Again, I see potential. I also saw a Chiefs team play a Bronco squad chock full of worthless bums. The Raiders have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I think they (the Raiders) are a better metric.

We'll see what happens

Marcellus 01-01-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan (Post 13322384)

Again, I see potential. I also saw a Chiefs team play a Bronco squad chock full of worthless bums. The Raiders have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I think they (the Raiders) are a better metric.

We'll see what happens

Go back to whatever rock you crawled out from under.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13322391)
Go back to whatever rock you crawled out from under.

Favre forced the ball almost every time. With his arm strength, a lot of times he got away with it. But those weren't smart decisions, because a lot of things could happen with those forced throws, if the ball wasn't placed perfectly, it was an int.

And, a lot of times, it was an int.

Rodgers just doesn't force throws, most of the time. It helps tremenduously that his long range accuracy is off the charts and that, like Favre, he's capable of making the backfoot throw. Much like Mahomes did in that gif where the pass is incomplete off the back pedal on his back foot.

Despite a very average overall completion rate, Favre's rates for deep right and deep left passes are well below average. That means in order to have an overall average completion rate, he must be gorging on the dink and dunk stuff. Which is Mahomes weakness...the short, intermediate range passes.

Lzen 01-01-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

We'll see what happens

Yes, we will see what happens, starting next year. Look, I wanted Alex Smith to succeed because I'm a Chiefs fan through and through But I've seen enough of his limitations to know that he's never going to take us to the SB unless the defense plays lights out. Mahommes is as ready as he needs to be. Sure, he will make mistakes as he grows and learns. That happens with all young QBs. But the upside will make it well worth it, IMO.

Bowser 01-01-2018 10:36 AM

The "Alex or Nothing" fan club is nervous.

CrowbarMan 01-01-2018 10:37 AM

What's wrong in his game that he can't drop back and throw the ball without play action?

Lots to be excited for, in terms of talent. Regardless, we won't know until midseason whether he had tendancies that defenses will pick apart.

See: Michael Vick, Colin Kaepernick, even Cam Newton.

BigCatDaddy 01-01-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

uh oh. Worth it then?

... but Mahomes did enough overall to give everyone some confidence in his future.

Sure sounds like Shitty is on the way out. A little parting shot by Reid.

"They threw the house at him on those blitzes and he made a couple of nice checks, and then he just kind of made plays and guys were on him and he moved around and made some of those throws... <b>not many people can make those.</B>”

~ Andy Reid on Patrick

Best22 01-01-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

uh oh. Worth it then?

#29 was covering someone else. He turned around to get closer. If he had gone for the pick he would have had no chance.

He has great closing speed which makes the pass look more dangerous than it was. But the all-22 will show that he was covering someone else and simply closed on Robinson later but hadn't little to no chance at an interception

pugsnotdrugs19 01-01-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13322403)
What's wrong in his game that he can't drop back and throw the ball without play action?

Lots to be excited for, in terms of talent. Regardless, we won't know until midseason whether he had tendancies that defenses will pick apart.

See: Michael Vick, Colin Kaepernick, even Cam Newton.

Odds are Andy wanted to slow down their pass rush against the scrub O-Line with lots of play action. Simple concept.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

We'll see what happens

The raiders D is a better metric than Denver’s ?
ROFL

And Denver played their starters most of the game. So don’t think about pulling that nonsense

pugsnotdrugs19 01-01-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13322417)
Sure sounds like Shitty is on the way out. A little parting shot by Reid.

"They threw the house at him on those blitzes and he made a couple of nice checks, and then he just kind of made plays and guys were on him and he moved around and made some of those throws... <b>not many people can make those.</B>”

~ Andy Reid on Patrick

It's a wrap. Andy was saying all of that stuff yesterday about how appreciative Mahomes should be of Alex because he knows he's about to trade him off elsewhere.

Best22 01-01-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

We'll see what happens

I saw a Chiefs team play a bunch of backups in both sides of the ball.

Mahomes best receiver all game was Wilson, and his bet RB was the Sausage

New World Order 01-01-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

uh oh. Worth it then?

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/upl...Evil-Laugh.gif

Mosbonian 01-01-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

We'll see what happens

You must seriously be a closet Raider fan.....the Raiders have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball?:rolleyes:

Carr is showing his tendency to be Phillip Rivers V2.0....Marshawn Lynch isn't the RB he was with Seattle...and Crabtree/Cooper combo is great one minute and then disappear the next. On offense the studs are Osemele and Hudson.

Khalil Mack is a stud on defense...would love to have him here in KC. Bowman was a great pickup but I think he still is a step slower than in his prime. Beyond that I don't see anything more than decent talent.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 13322471)
You must seriously be a closet Raider fan.....the Raiders have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball?:rolleyes:

Carr is showing his tendency to be Phillip Rivers V2.0....Marshawn Lynch isn't the RB he was with Seattle...and Crabtree/Cooper combo is great one minute and then disappear the next. On offense the studs are Osemele and Hudson.

Khalil Mack is a stud on defense...would love to have him here in KC. Bowman was a great pickup but I think he still is a step slower than in his prime. Beyond that I don't see anything more than decent talent.

No, I'm not a Raiders fan.

However, I do agree that the Raiders have MVP talent in (both) Carr, and Mack. Also, I think your Rivers comparison is really close to being spot on---inconsistent footwork, sandlot player, throws without touch a lot of times.

Air Raid QB's don't have a lot of success in the NFL

Bowser 01-01-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan (Post 13322636)
No, I'm not a Raiders fan.

However, I do agree that the Raiders have MVP talent in (both) Carr, and Mack. Also, I think your Rivers comparison is really close to being spot on---inconsistent footwork, sandlot player, throws without touch a lot of times.

Air Raid QB's don't have a lot of success in the NFL

If you can't be excited for the future after watching Mahomes make his pro debut yesterday, then you just flat don't want to be excited for Mahomes.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13322401)
Yes, we will see what happens, starting next year. Look, I wanted Alex Smith to succeed because I'm a Chiefs fan through and through But I've seen enough of his limitations to know that he's never going to take us to the SB unless the defense plays lights out. Mahommes is as ready as he needs to be. Sure, he will make mistakes as he grows and learns. That happens with all young QBs. But the upside will make it well worth it, IMO.

I can't really dispute this rationale. I love watching this kid play.. He is a play-maker. I think Mahomes style of play is rare in this league. Certainly one of the more intriguing arms, right now. I believe he has made strides and therefore I like his effort to be an improved player.

It's just that guys like him have spotty (inconsistent) success

Spott 01-01-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 13322471)

He's a Donkey, but basically the same thing.

Spott 01-01-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13322346)
I just cant even wrap my head around this. Doesn't seem real.

That is unreal. Smith would never complete that pass in a 100 tries, and probably wouldn't have even targeted Robinson on that play, especially with a check down receiver 5 yards in front of him.

Pueblo Chieftan 01-01-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13322656)
He's a Donkey, but basically the same thing.

I'm comparing Mahomes to Brett Favre the Hall of Famer and not Brett Favre the NFL prospect. Mahomes has the same problem that all air raid QBs have - they have to unlearn a lot of what would be bad habits at the next level and then retrain themselves substantially in order to play in the NFL. And the curse is worse with the best of them. The better they have the air raid ingrained in their muscle memory and reactions, the harder it is for them to shake these traits that are undesirable at the NFL level and then get themselves completely rebooted.

Love Mahomes but think it's still premature to start the kid.