ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308903)

Eleazar 07-25-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12972558)
Chris Ballard was never going to be the GM here. Even if Dorsey was fired after the playoff game, I'd place my bet on Veach being hired over Ballard.

This is Andy's team and Clark is catering to him.

If Ballard was a Dorsey protege, then Reid probably would have nixed him too.

FloridaMan88 07-25-2017 08:28 AM

Thank God that training camp is starting on Friday... this Dorsey story has gotten epically stale.

raybec 4 07-25-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12972429)
Then he made Dorsey his fallguy...no matter how people spin this, Reid controls the Chiefs now.

That can't be accurate, Reid is not a Jesuit.

stumppy 07-25-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 12972605)
Thank God that training camp is starting on Friday... this Dorsey story has gotten epically stale.

The discussion in here has turned into a damn soap opera.

The Bad Guy 07-25-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Chris Ballard was never going to be the GM here. Even if Dorsey was fired after the playoff game, I'd place my bet on Veach being hired over Ballard.

I don't believe that. At all.

Rasputin 07-25-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12972213)
That press conference left me a bit underwhelmed....Veach seemed green as grass. Not confident at all that he will replicate the success/accuman of finding waiver wire players...or will stand his ground against Father Reid. He seemed like a "yes man" replacement.

So Chunt had no idea of the internal issues until Spring?...then after a "thorough" audit he decides he needs to fire Dorsey...could he have been anymore vague? What prompted the need for this sudden audit...who brought it to his attention?

Whatever....bunch of horseshit. Andy played a role in this...that became obvious today.

This is far from where my impression was. The young GM has smarts and was quick to deliver on responses on his own wit and humor. He is not a "yes" man as he said he has had plenty of disagreements with HC Reid.

DaWolf 07-25-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

After listening to all three press conferences in depth yesterday, and reading all the pieces leading up to them, this is what I took away from it:
  • Clark was concerned about our ability to stay competitive over the next 2-3 years with the way things were going
  • Clark was not liking the way things were being communicated within the department and the cap situation
  • Clark dug into it and also learned about things that had happened over the last three years that added to this feeling
  • Clark said a lot of these things really started making themselves known in the spring, so once Ballard left some warts started becoming obvious
  • This timeline also coincides with us not only cutting guys like Howard and Maclin, but also firing McCracken and Lewis

So I suspect Clark's biggest issue outside of the communication stuff was that he wasn't seeing what he considered to be a great vision or plan moving forward regarding how the cap dollars were being managed. Obviously Veach brought this up as well so that must have been a huge point of emphasis in the interview. That along with Hunt stressing that Veach had a plan on how to build a "championship roster" in 2-3 years seemed to be emphasized, meaning that he probably was not seeing that from Dorsey, who he may have felt had "plateaued".

He also curiously mentioned Jamaal Charles during his press conference, and add to that the statement that he wants to make sure that he is plugged in on any big roster move we make, makes me think that the Charles and Maclin things really bothered him in the way they were done, and while he may not have disagreed with not bringing Charles back, the way Charles was let go and the subsequent "revenge" signing of a franchise great in Denver didn't sit well with him, and he probably would have preferred that we at least approach the release of a guy like that with more personal tact. Granted, this is all me speculating, but even Veach brought it up in terms of talking about how he knows these guys and will go talk to these guys if they have to get cut.

Anyway, my guess is that Clark went into the process with Veach as the favorite, having heard great things about him from Reid and seeing him firsthand. He probably wanted to take this chance to interview a wide range of people to build up his Rolodex in case this thing blows up in a couple of years, and to see if anyone else would blow his socks off. But at the end of the day he probably wanted to keep the same personnel philosophy and personnel, but increase his oversight and get the communication fixed, and wanted someone who could articulate a clear plan of how to navigate the next three years, when a lot of these core guys we have are in their prime. Thus Veach, He probably would have promoted Ballard had he still been here, but again with the timing of things, it really sounds like once Ballard left, some of the problems really came to the surface...

staylor26 07-25-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

This is horseshit.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 09:50 AM

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...7-66d1baa3272e

For Hunt, who had known of Veach before this process as “somebody who loved football and loved watching tape, and somebody who’d had a big impact on our drafts the last couple of years,” the process of ultimately landing on his in-house candidate wasn’t without doing his due-diligence.

“We evaluated more than a dozen candidates and interviewed some outstanding personnel executives,” Hunt explained. “After going through the process, it was clear that Veach was the right person for the job. I am confident that he will do an outstanding job of leading our personnel department. He has a sharp football mind, a tremendous work ethic, and a keen eye for finding talent.”

Veach, who was going through the interview process for a general manager position for the first time in his career, also did his due-diligence in making sure he was prepared for whenever that time did come. He said he got some advice from an old co-worker and a guy who also recently went through a similar process.

“Actually, Chris Ballard,”
Veach explained of who helped him prepare for his interview. “He reached out and we talked a while. He’s great. He sent me a bunch of information. It was funny because last summer, going into the 2016 season, I was in the office and Chris would always tell me, ‘Just work on your portfolio, Brett. You’re gonna get a shot, and you never know when it’s going to happen.’

“So, when this all went down, Chris called me and said, ‘Hey listen, I know you already worked on that portfolio, but here’s some more stuff, and when you get that opportunity, this will help when you meet in front of Mr. Hunt.’

“Chris was awesome.”

Within three hours of being announced as the Chiefs’ new general manager, Veach said he had heard from every scout in the Chiefs’ personnel department.

“They were excited,” Veach explained. “Again, we’ve worked together for four years and keeping this thing going was big for all of us. They were genuinely excited, and I’m equally as excited to continue to work with them.”

staylor26 07-25-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Within three hours of being announced as the Chiefs’ new general manager, Veach said he had heard from every scout in the Chiefs’ personnel department.
That's great to hear. Sounds like they all like and respect Veach.

raybec 4 07-25-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12972711)

According to the narrative here, Andy told them to reach out to Veach because he's running everything.

DaWolf 07-25-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12972711)

That's probably one of the things that pushed him over the top. The reviews of his work ethic and personality have been great. Sounds like he gets along with people. It's also interesting to see a former scout who worked with him that is now in the media (John Middlekauff) and a former player (LeShean McCoy) vouch for him. So he has his fans. Now we get to see if he has the chops to actually get this thing done. I'm actually curious to see if Joe Banner has any thoughts on this hire.

I also think that after the whole Haley/Pioli thing, Clark is very sensitive to make sure he has a coach and GM who will definitely get along. He mentioned that he thought a number of the candidates would work well with Reid, but he knows for sure that this one will...

staylor26 07-25-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 12972728)
That's probably one of the things that pushed him over the top. The reviews of his work ethic and personality have been great. Sounds like he gets along with people. It's also interesting to see a former scout who worked with him that is now in the media (John Middlekauff) and a former player (LeShean McCoy) vouch for him. So he has his fans. Now we get to see if he has the chops to actually get this thing done. I'm actually curious to see if Joe Banner has any thoughts on this hire.

I also think that after the whole Haley/Pioli thing, Clark is very sensitive to make sure he has a coach and GM who will definitely get along. He mentioned that he thought a number of the candidates would work well with Reid, but he knows for sure that this one will...

What did Middlekauff say? Must've missed that.

DaWolf 07-25-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12972740)
What did Middlekauff say? Must've missed that.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...s-their-new-gm

Quote:

Worked with Brett Veach for years. He'll be great. On the same page w/Andy, has a very good eye & is football 24/7
— John Middlekauff (@JohnMiddlekauff) July 10, 2017

RunKC 07-25-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12972677)
This is horseshit.

You're questioning that this isn't Andy's team? Clark confirmed that he talked to Andy about Dorsey before the decision was made.

It's clear as day.

BlackOp 07-25-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12972762)
You're questioning that this isn't Andy's team? Clark confirmed that he talked to Andy about Dorsey before the decision was made.

It's clear as day.

Just watched the Reid presser....He says he didn't have any say in Clark's decision.. then a reporter points out that Chunt said in his earlier presser that he consulted Reid on the hiring. ROFL

Reid just steps all over his own dick trying to answer that one, re-watch it...These two need to gets their lies straight...

Eleazar 07-25-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973005)
Just watched the Reid presser....He says he didn't have any say in Clark's decision.. then a reporter points out that Chunt said in his earlier presser that he consulted Reid on the hiring. ROFL

Reid just steps all over his own dick trying to answer that one, re-watch it...These two need to gets their lies straight...

Yeah, I don't think they are fooling anyone. Reid is pulling the strings.

Mecca 07-25-2017 02:19 PM

You know what always makes my day, when someone gets fired and proceeds to get no credit for any of the good things but is blamed for every bad thing that happened. It's hilarious but it always happens.

OnTheWarpath15 07-25-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12973163)
You know what always makes my day, when someone gets fired and proceeds to get no credit for any of the good things but is blamed for every bad thing that happened. It's hilarious but it always happens.

I'm assuming you're referring to Dorsey. I don't give a shit one way or the other, but it sure seems like he may have been getting TOO much credit and that Veach/others played a huge role in our drafts the last 4 years.

I honestly don't think we'll miss a beat.

JakeF 07-25-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12972307)
The simplest explanation, given that Hunt is so hopelessly in love with Reid, is that he probably wanted to extend Reid badly, and Reid exploited this opportunity to leverage him into getting rid of Dorsey. It's really the only thing that makes all the pieces fit.

It certainly seems like it.

JakeF 07-25-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12972430)
There is not a chance in hell Reid was behind Dorsey cutting Maclin by voicemail. Reid certainly knew Maclin would be cut, a player of his standing doesn't get cut without the HC knowing about it, but Reid is loved and respected by his players precisely because he doesn't do shit like that.

I don't think that's what he meant. Dorsey did things that Reid didn't agree with like getting rid of Maclin. Maybe it was the way he got rid of Maclin or maybe Reid wanted to keep Maclin. Dorsey ticked Reid off so when it came time to discuss whether Reid liked KC and if he wanted to sign an extension, Reid let Hunt know that he wasn't pleased with Dorsey. Reid extension = Dorsey fired.

Reid is fully in charge now and Veach is his player personnel assistant now. Veach is used to doing what Reid tells him to do from his Philly days. Reid and Veach are a package deal now if Veach gets fired so should Reid.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12972307)
The simplest explanation, given that Hunt is so hopelessly in love with Reid, is that he probably wanted to extend Reid badly, and Reid exploited this opportunity to leverage him into getting rid of Dorsey. It's really the only thing that makes all the pieces fit.

Your ass must be sore from all the talking its done on this subject

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-25-2017 07:15 PM

Everybody just chillax. We ALL know that things go really, really well when Andy Reid is given full run of a football franchise!

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12973680)
Everybody just chillax. We ALL know that things go really, really well when Andy Reid is given full run of a football franchise!

Yes.

4 straight NFC Championship appearances, a Super Bowl appearance and a Franchise QB, along with excellent defensive players and running backs.

Boo hoo.

Chiefnj2 07-25-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12973163)

If you believe the new narrative you'd think it's a miracle Dorsey ever had an NFL job. Apparently he's a mumbling fool who can't articulate a plan and all of his personnel success was based on his underlings. He basically sat in the corner staring at shiny objects trying not to drool in Hunt's new carpet while Veach and Ballard ran the show.

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973720)
Yes.

4 straight NFC Championship appearances, a Super Bowl appearance and a Franchise QB, along with excellent defensive players and running backs.

Boo hoo.

All that crap happened when Philly had a GM. After that GM was fired and Reid had full control over player personnel, well, the Eagles sucked and Reid was fired.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973732)
All that crap happened when Philly had a GM. After that GM was fired and Reid had full control over player personnel, well, the Eagles sucked and Reid was fired.

Completely false.

Reid took over personnel in 2001.

JakeF 07-25-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12973252)
I'm assuming you're referring to Dorsey. I don't give a shit one way or the other, but it sure seems like he may have been getting TOO much credit and that Veach/others played a huge role in our drafts the last 4 years.

I honestly don't think we'll miss a beat.

Suddenly Dorsey got too much credit? Well, Reid certainly has done a great job of shoving a dagger is his buddy's back and convincing everyone that Dorsey deserved it. The best GM Kansas City has had in decades and now he's an overrated hack. :shake:

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973737)
Completely false.

Reid took over personnel in 2001.

Once Tom Heckert left Phillys front office, the Eagles went downhill. Facts hurt.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12973753)
The best GM Kansas City has had in decades and now he's an overrated hack. :shake:

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973760)
Once Tom Heckert left Phillys front office, the Eagles went downhill. Facts hurt.

**** off, douchebag.

Heckert has killed it with the Broncos.

:facepalm:

Actually, he's lucky he didn't kill anyone driving drunk.

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973780)
**** off, douchebag.

Heckert has killed it with the Broncos.

:facepalm:

Actually, he's lucky he didn't kill anyone driving drunk.

Lol, facts hurt. Reid sucked without Heckert in player personnel, and after Peterson died, Reid's defensive coordinator, well then the Eagles really really really sucked bad. Facts hurt!

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973760)

Hey Butt****, the 2012 draft:

Fletcher Cox
Vinnie Curry
Nick Foles
Bryce Brown

Wanna try again, you ****ing poser?

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973794)
Lol, facts hurt. Reid sucked without Heckert in player personnel, and after Peterson died, Reid's defensive coordinator, well then the Eagles really really really sucked bad. Facts hurt!

Peterson?

What the ****?

Do you mean Jim Johnson, butthole?

Stop posting, Moron

BlackOp 07-25-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Suddenly Dorsey got too much credit? Well, Reid certainly has done a great job of shoving a dagger is his buddy's back and convincing everyone that Dorsey deserved it. The best GM Kansas City has had in decades and now he's an overrated hack. :shake:

Judging from Reids emotionless tone on discussing Dorsey...I would say he definitely "daggared" him. CHunt was clueless there were any issues until recently. I wish someone would have asked if they have spoken since he was fired.

Reid was hired first then brought Dorsey on board...when it was time to sign an extension, he wanted someone else. There was power struggle going on...and Andy didn't like how he handled personnel decisions. Hunt had no clue..

The crap about Dorsey being unorganized is BS. They had to invent a reason other than Reid didn't want to work with him anymore...

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973800)
Hey Butt****, the 2012 draft:

Fletcher Cox
Vinnie Curry
Nick Foles
Bryce Brown

Wanna try again, you ****ing poser?

Lulz, that's one good player you tool.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973805)
Judging from Reids tone on discussing Dorsey...I would say he definitely "daggared" him. CHunt was clueless there were any issues until recently.

Reid was hired first then brought Dorsey on board...when it was time to sign an extension, he wanted someone else. There was power struggle going on...

The crap about Dorsey being unorganized is BS. They had to invent a reason other than Reid didn't want to work with him anymore...

You really do live in your own world.

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973802)
Peterson?

What the ****?

Stop posting, Moron

Johnson, Peterson, whatever... Reid couldn't win without him.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973807)
Lulz, that's one good player you tool.

Why is every Denver fan a butt****ing moron?

It it the lack of oxygen?

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973811)
Johnson, Peterson, whatever... Reid couldn't win without him.

You couldn't win against 90 year old former porn stars

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973802)
Peterson?

What the ****?

Stop posting, Moron

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973812)
Why is every Denver fan a butt****ing moron?

It it the lack of oxygen?

NICK FOLES ROCKS!! (says lil'chiefy who sucks red lollipop and hides under Reid's fatass for shade).

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973836)
NICK FOLES ROCKS!! (says lil'chiefy who sucks red lollipop and hides under Reid's fatass for shade).

Nice.

You don't have an arguement so you just say stupid shit instead.

I doubt you've even been to a Broncos game.

RunKC 07-25-2017 07:59 PM

The Broncos haven't drafted a pro bowler or all pro since Tom Heckert has been employed in Denver.
In fact, they've drafted horrible busts like Montee Ball, Cody latimer, Michael Schofield, Jeff Huerman, Ty Sambrailo and Sylvester Williams with him.

He sucks

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973844)
Nice.

You don't have an arguement so you just say stupid shit instead.

I doubt you've even been to a Broncos game.

I guess if you're a kc fan Foles seems pretty special. Battered Chief's fan syndrome. Poor fella...

BlackOp 07-25-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973809)
You really do live in your own world.

Nope...I can see through the spin and the half-assed PR reasons for this shit-show.

I dont buy what was leaked to the press...you do. That's where we differ.

Andy forced him out....the rest is dog-n-pony fluff.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973849)
I guess if you're a kc fan Foles seems pretty special. Battered Chief's fan syndrome. Poor fella...

As per usual, your posts make zero sense.

I should send a text to Heckert, so he can convince you to stop drinking.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-25-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Of course! Don't you know how this works? Once you no longer have an arrowhead on your shirt or helmet, all of your talent and skill just magically ****ing evaporates!

Quote:

Judging from Reids emotionless tone on discussing Dorsey...I would say he definitely "daggared" him. CHunt was clueless there were any issues until recently. I wish someone would have asked if they have spoken since he was fired.

Reid was hired first then brought Dorsey on board...when it was time to sign an extension, he wanted someone else. There was power struggle going on...and Andy didn't like how he handled personnel decisions.

The whole thing is as weak as Joseph Smith and his "golden plates".

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12973848)
The Broncos haven't drafted a pro bowler or all pro since Tom Heckert has been employed in Denver.
In fact, they've drafted horrible busts like Montee Ball, Cody latimer, Michael Schofield, Jeff Huerman, Ty Sambrailo and Sylvester Williams with him.

He sucks

SB fiddy ring helps. Heckert has one. He just needed to get away from fatass to win a championship.

JakeF 07-25-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Judging from Reids emotionless tone on discussing Dorsey...I would say he definitely "daggared" him. CHunt was clueless there were any issues until recently. I wish someone would have asked if they have spoke since he was fired.

Reid was hired first then brought Dorsey on board...when it was time to sign an extension, he wanted someone else. There was power struggle going on...and Andy didn't like how he handled personnel decisions.

There wasn't a single peep about any issues in the organization until it came time to sign Reid to an extension. Then on the exact day that Reid signs his new contract, Dorsey gets the ax. No doubt in my mind that Reid sent a big FU signal to Dorsey. Normally an organization would separate the two occurrences out of respect for the parties involved. Not this time, Reid was giving Dorsey the big middle finger on a public stage.

"My new contract and you're out the door, I have the power." ~signed Andy~

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973868)
Nope...I can see through the spin and the half-assed PR reasons for this shit-show.

I dont buy what was leaked to the press...you do. That's where we differ.

Real World doesn't equal your dopey theories.

There has been literally ZERO corroboration from local and national reporter.

RunKC 07-25-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973876)
SB fiddy ring helps. Heckert has one. He just needed to get away from fatass to win a championship.

You suck at trolling.

Try harder next time

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12973877)
There wasn't a single peep about any issues in the organization until it came time to sign Reid to an extension. Then on the exact day that Reid signs his new contract, Dorsey gets the ax. No doubt in my mind that Reid sent a big FU signal to Dorsey. Normally an organization would separate the two occurrences our of respect for the parties involved. Not this time, Reid was giving Dorsey the big middle finger on a public stage.

"My new contract and you're out the door, I have the power." ~signed Andy~

If Andy wanted "power", Mongo, he would have NEVER suggested Dorsey as the GM.

JFC.

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 08:08 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12973891)
You suck at trolling.

Try harder next time

Not trolling, just pointing out facts.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973898)
:D

Not trolling, just pointing out facts.

Except your "facts" are completely false.

Meatloaf 07-25-2017 08:11 PM

I honestly don't get where Reid "fired" Dorsey. All the info we've hears suggested that this was Hunt's show and that he was the one who pulled the trigger. Of course he probably discussed this with Reid, but I just can't see Hunt ceding such power to anyone...especially after the Pioli fiasco.

Plus, I think Hunt showed some real balls in releasing a guy BEFORE the shit really hit the fan. Usually such "releasing" only takes place after a disaster has happened. So, in my mind, Clark showed some real leadership.

And this is coming from a guy (me) who really, really liked Dorsey.

BlackOp 07-25-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973880)
Real World doesn't equal your dopey theories.

There has been literally ZERO corroboration from local and national reporter.

Reid lying about consulting Hunt on the next GM isnt a "dopey" theory...He was called out in his presser.

Why would he lie? He said he had no say in the matter which is total horseshit. They wanted it to appear that canning Dorsey was solely a Chunt decision... and downplay Andy's involvement/influence.

You only lie when you dont want something known...there is no other motive.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973911)
Reid lying about consulting Hunt on the next GM isnt a "dopey" theory...He was called out in his presser.

Why would he lie? Because they wanted it to appear that canning Dorsey was solely a Chunt decision... and downplay Andy's involvement/influence.

Just shut up

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973900)
Except your "facts" are completely false.

NICK FOLES!!!

(He's a great QB in battered chief's fan's world.)

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973916)
Nick Foles
(He's a great QB in battered chief's fan's world.)

Foles isn't a Chief, ****toy

BlackOp 07-25-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973915)
Just shut up

Are you saying that Reid didnt get called out during his presser?

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973919)
Foles isn't a Chief, ****toy

Then what was your point when you named him as a great draft pick by Reid in 2012? Let me answer that for you: your point about Reid having great drafts without Heckert was wrong.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12973931)
Then what was your point when you named him as a great draft pick by Reid in 2012? Let me answer that for you: your point about Reid having great drafts without Heckert was wrong.

ROFL

Epic dipshiterry.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973928)
Are you saying that Reid didnt get called during his presser?

What?

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973935)
ROFL

Epic dipshiterry.

NICK FOLES!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-25-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Why would he lie? He said he had no say in the matter which is total horseshit. They wanted it to appear that canning Dorsey was solely a Chunt decision... and downplay Andy's involvement/influence.

I'm certainly no one to tell a man how to spend his time, but if you would like to look further in to this matter, I would be MOST interested in your findings.

BlackOp 07-25-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973936)
What?

Go watch his press conference..Reid says he had zero say in the hiring process...then a reporter says "Chunt said he consulted with you on the hiring"

Andy fumbles through some reply that makes no sense....and doesn't answer the question.

Meatloaf 07-25-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Blacktop, why in the world would they want to hide the supposition that Reid is "in charge"? Don't you think that if Reid was really The Guy, Hunt would just say so. Seems much more likely to me that no one lied and the truth was that this was Hunt's decision. Hunt sure doesn't sound like a liar type to me. Hell, when you own the world, why would you even need to lie?

I think this was all on Hunt (albeit with discussions with many.

BlackOp 07-25-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12973949)
Blacktop, why in the world would they want to hide the supposition that Reid is "in charge"? Don't you think that if Reid was really The Guy, Hunt would just say so. Seems much more likely to me that no one lied and the truth was that this was Hunt's decision. Hunt sure doesn't sound like a liar type to me. Hell, when you own the world, why would you even need to lie?

I think this was all on Hunt (albeit with discussions with many.

What prospective GM is going to want a job where the head coach has that much influence? Short answer...no one. Especially when the former just put up a 12-4 record and got the axe.

They hired a newbie, internal GM who owes his entire career to Reid.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973964)
What prospective GM is going to want a job where the head coach has that much influence? Short answer...no one. Especially when the former just put up a 12-4 record and got the axe.

32 jobs in the entire world

I'm sure people are turning it down right and left

Meatloaf 07-25-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973964)

I just don't see why Hunt would lie about it. Surely any prospective GM would want to know all of the ins and outs of the hierarchy and related duties, so that would soon be known to the prospect. So why would Hunt lie about it?

You sound pretty certain that Reid is calling the shots. Do you have any hard evidence of this, or is it conjecture on your part? And I have no problem with conjecture...hey, this is an Internet forum for goodness sakes!

BlackOp 07-25-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12973988)
32 jobs in the entire world

I'm sure people are turning it down right and left

No top candidate would want that scenario...you would be always looking over your shoulder on any critical roster moves. Dorsey found this out the hard way...Reid wears the pants in KC.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12973992)
No top candidate would want that scenario...you would be always looking over your shoulder on any critical roster moves.

LMAO

JakeF 07-25-2017 09:05 PM

Our current GM speaks to the situation as well. A brand new GM who has worked for Reid almost his entire career. I doubt any established GM was willing to interview for the job considering that it was really a Player Personnel job that was opened. Maybe the reason Ballard left was that he knew that all the power belonged to Hunt and Reid and he wanted to have a full General Manager's position.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12974021)
Our current GM speaks to the situation as well. A brand new GM who has worked for Reid almost his entire career. I doubt any established GM was willing to interview for the job considering that it was really a Player Personnel job that was opened. Maybe the reason Ballard left was that he knew that all the power belonged to Hunt and Reid and he wanted to have a full General Manager's position.

Shut up

Tombstone RJ 07-25-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

:hmmm:

RealSNR 07-25-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Herp Reid's the real GM derp

That's what you sound like

The Bad Guy 07-25-2017 11:44 PM

So let me get this straight- not one national or local guy dialed into the Chiefs ever reported that Reid was responsible for Dorsey's removal. Not one. If that had a shred of truth, Paylor, Breer, Mellinger, Cole would have reported it.

Andy Reid had his worst seasons when he was in charge of personnel. He's a smart guy. Why would he want to add that to his plate? Makes no sense.

I also love how Bronco fans bring up Reid's defenses without Johnson in Philly weren't good. You're right, they weren't. His defenses with Sutton here have been very good, so I'm not sure why the **** this matters anymore.

BryanBusby 07-25-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12974174)
So let me get this straight- not one national or local guy dialed into the Chiefs ever reported that Reid was responsible for Dorsey's removal. Not one. If that had a shred of truth, Paylor, Breer, Mellinger, Cole would have reported it.

Andy Reid had his worst seasons when he was in charge of personnel. He's a smart guy. Why would he want to add that to his plate? Makes no sense.

I also love how Bronco fans bring up Reid's defenses without Johnson in Philly weren't good. You're right, they weren't. His defenses with Sutton here have been very good, so I'm not sure why the **** this matters anymore.

Yeah, but Zionists

JakeF 07-26-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12974165)
Herp Reid's the real GM derp

That's what you sound like

Sorry, but it appears to me that Reid has all the power. Why would any GM want to come to a place where he has so little power?

Eleazar 07-26-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

According to Hunt, he had no idea he was going to fire Dorsey until this summer. So I don't think Hunt let Ballard walk away out of animus toward him. Why Hunt would have let the top candidate around the league walk away? Simple, because his decision to fire Dorsey was made relatively suddenly and he didn't know it was coming when Ballard left.

As far as Veach goes, he'll never truly be Reid's peer because Hunt is ceding more and more control of the franchise over to Reid. Normally the head coach would be responsible to the GM and the GM responsible for all aspects of football to the owner. But with the coaching staff out of his control he's not really a full GM, not as much of a GM as others around the league are, at any rate.

Perhaps any General Manager position is an attractive job, but being a full GM instead of a junior one would certainly be preferable, and working for an owner that doesn't replace GMs every 3 or 4 years would be desirable too.