ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306987)

Reerun_KC 11-15-2017 09:19 PM

You guys will love this video.

CoMoChief 11-16-2017 08:35 AM

KU gonna be in trouble down low if Uzabooka ever gets in foul trouble.

Sucks that his inj set him back. Still looks really raw, esp his footwook. Man I wish Manning could work with this guy (drool). Hes gonna be good just needs to be more polished around the hoop.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-16-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13218972)

Chad Smith is such a character!! Or wait... is that Will Ferrell playing Chad Smith? :D

Reerun_KC 11-16-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 13219484)
Chad Smith is such a character!! Or wait... is that Will Ferrell playing Chad Smith? :D

The mystery remains.

BigRedChief 11-16-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13218874)
The 2018 team is going to be pretty legit.

When I read the articles about this latest signing, most were saying all of this years talent is gone next year.

Svi and Graham grad.

If Preston plays or not this year, he's gone anyway. They think that Newman, Vick and Udoka are all gone to the NBA. I know the NBA drafts for potential but really? Is this true? possibly 6 players drafted in one year?

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-16-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13219513)
When I read the articles about this latest signing, most were saying all of this years talent is gone next year.

Svi and Graham grad.

If Preston plays or not this year, he's gone anyway. They think that Newman, Vick and Udoka are all gone to the NBA. I know the NBA drafts for potential but really? Is this true? possibly 6 players drafted in one year?

I doubt Vick goes or Newman goes to the Draft unless one of them really blows up and averages 17+ on the season....

Lzen 11-16-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 13218790)
Definitely buying this. Merry Xmas to myself. On sale 11/24 at Rally House

http://kuhoops.com/ku-basketball-news/184549703/

An excerpt from a new book on KU basketball’s Big 12 conference title streak

VIEW 2 PHOTOS

November 14, 2017
By Gary Bedore gbedore@kcstar.com

Former Kansas City Star sports writer Jason King of Bleacher Report has written a 512-page book about KU’s 13 straight Big 12 Conference titles entitled: “Beyond the Streak: Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball’s Unrivaled Big 12 Reign.”

The book features thoughts and reflections from 107 Kansas players and coaches — and also many of KU’s opponents. Each of the Jayhawks’ 13 championship seasons has its own chapter, with many of the most memorable games examined.

Included in the book is an oral history of the final “Border War” game at Allen Fieldhouse in 2012.

“What I thought would be a fun summer project ended up dominating my life for five months,” King said. “It was worth it, though. What KU is doing right now is something we’ll never see again. It needed to be commemorated in book form. And selfishly, I had a lot of fun catching up with so many of the guys I used to cover,” added King, who covered KU basketball for The Star for several years and also worked covering college hoops for Yahoo! Sports, ESPN as well as his current position at Bleacher Report and Turner Sports.

King in interviewing subjects traveled to Los Angeles to speak with Thomas Robinson and Philadelphia to check in with Marcus Morris. There was a trip to Houston for dinner with Mario Chalmers and a road trip to Memphis with contributing writer C.J. Moore to meet with Ben McLemore and Wayne Selden.

Almost all of the interviews lasted 45 minutes or longer. Sherron Collins, Tyshawn Taylor and Elijah Johnson talked for more than an hour-and-a-half, King stated.

“Guys like Sherron and Tyshawn and Keith Langford and Russell Robinson are a writer’s dream,” King said. “But I knew they’d be good. Two guys that surprised me were Wayne Selden and Thomas Robinson — simply because they never seemed to enjoy being interviewed in college.

“C.J. Moore interviewed Wayne in Memphis at the same time I was interviewing Ben McLemore about 20 feet away. Each time I looked across the room, Selden was laughing and getting animated. He seems like he’s in a really happy place in life right now (with NBA’s Grizzlies) which is good to see. And Thomas … wow. He just really opened up. I’ll leave it at that. It was a very moving interview that made me see him in a completely different light.”

King quoted coaches Fred Hoiberg, Rick Barnes, Frank Martin, Scott Drew, Bruce Weber, Frank Haith and Bob Huggins as well as players Jacob Pullen, Georges Niang, A.J. Abrams, Pierre Jackson, Kim English, Marcus Denmon, Phil Forte — and NBA all-star Kevin Durant, who played for Texas.

“I met with Durant the day after the ESPYs in his hotel suite in Augusta, South Carolina,” King said. “He was there for the Peach Jam. Literally all we talked about was the 2007 game at Allen Fieldhouse. He genuinely seemed to enjoy the interview. He remembered every KU player, specific plays from the game and who was guarding him. It was amazing.”

“Beyond the Streak” will be available at local Rally House stores beginning Nov. 24. Details about book signings will be available later this week on kubook.net, where the book can also be purchased.

book

An excerpt from the book about the KU-Texas game —which KU won over Durant’s Longhorns, 90-86, in 2007 — appears below.

From “Beyond the Streak: Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball’s Unrivaled Big 12 Reign.”

Russell Robinson: “In the back of my mind I was thinking, ‘Sure, he (Durant) has been playing really well. But he’s still a freshman. The pressure of the Fieldhouse is going to get to him. The fans are going to be turned up and we’ve got a strong team with lottery picks, as well.’” We felt like we’d be fine. How much can he really do? We thought it was more about keeping guys like A.J. Abrams and D.J. Augustin from getting hot.”

Durant — the Big 12-leader in points, rebounds and blocks — opened the game by making 8 of his first 10 shots. He hit the 20-point plateau with a three-pointer at the 7:55 mark, as Texas surged to a 51-35 lead.

Russell Robinson (laughing): “Boy, did he surprise us that first half. I remember going back to the bench for a time-out. I walked in last, just as the coaches were huddling up, and I heard coach Bill Self asking coach (Joe) Dooley, ‘What are we going to do with this guy?’ Dooley was speechless for a minute, and then he just shook his head and said, “I don’t know. I really don’t know.’”

Kevin Durant: “I was just lost in the game. I was so happy to be there and to be playing in that arena at that time against that great team.

“They had Chalmers, Shady, Julian Wright, Brandon Rush, Darnell Jackson, Russell Robinson, Sasha Kaun … they had a squad. They were all pros. I’d known Julian for a long time. He started off on me and then they switched to Brandon Rush and eventually to Darnell Jackson.

“My first shot went in and, from there, my confidence level kept rising and rising and I was able to knock down some shots.

“It was fun, man. It was fun to look over and see coach Self shaking his head and to hear the crowd get quiet when we built that lead. We were up by 16 at one point. To suck the air out of that historic arena, even for a half … I’ll take that.”

Assistant coach Kurtis Townsend: “Julian Wright started off on him. He’s a good athlete and we thought he could give Durant some trouble with his length. But he was just killing Julian. He had 25 in the first half. We switched Julian off of him and gave Brandon a chance. Brandon was our best perimeter defender and we thought maybe Brandon playing underneath him would be good. That was eight minutes into the first half. I remember the next timeout Brandon came to the bench and said, ‘“I can’t guard that (bleep). He’s too big. He’s too good.’”

Assistant coach Tim Jankovich: “We started Julian on him and Durant starts shooting it from 25 feet. Then he moves back and tries to hit a shot from every logo on the court. He was making every shot.

“I look up at the 8:00 mark of the first half, maybe just under eight minutes, and they’ve got everyone’s scoring total up on the scoreboard. He had 20 points! I leaned over to Bill and whispered, ‘He’s going to get 80 on us! He’s going to score 80!’ I’ll never forget thinking, ‘Oh my God, this guy is going to come into the Fieldhouse as a freshman and hang 80 on a team that has five pros on it.’”

Assistant coach Joe Dooley: “Jank was always so positive.”

Bill Self: “At one point, I turned to Danny Manning, who’d had a decent game or two at Allen Fieldhouse during his career. I said, ‘Danny, you have any ideas?’ And he said, ‘That’s the baddest man to ever play on the this court. He’s a baaadddd man.’”

Director of Student-Athlete Development Danny Manning: “You always appreciate guys that are able to do things you hardly ever see. You can’t help but marvel at talent like that.

“You’d like to think you could play better defense, but he was making some tough shots. He was catching the ball, squaring guys up, jabbing them off, rising up, shooting pull-up Js and scoring at all three different levels. He was out there balling and we didn’t have anything to stop him.”

Jeremy Case: “I remember sitting in there thinking, ‘“Can anybody guard this guy?’ Coach Self’s like, ‘OK, Julian, you try to guard him.’ He scored like five straight on Julian. ‘OK, Darnell, you try.’ I’m sitting there like, ‘We’re going to have Darnell guard him? Come on, coach, what are you thinking?’ Then he scores on Darnell. I’m like, ‘Are we going to box-and-one this dude? What are we going to do?’’’

Brandon Rush: “I didn’t know he was that good and that tall. He was killing Julian. He was tearing Julian’s (behind) up, left and right. Then it was my turn.

“Then they put me on him and, right off the bat, he hit a shot over me and he goes, ‘Uh oh, it’s about to be a long night! You’re too little!’ He was talking trash and I couldn’t say anything back. How could I? He damn near had 30 points—in the first half!”

Texas coach Rick Barnes: “The first 20 minutes of that game was the best half of basketball Kevin Durant ever played collegiately. We were isolating him and giving him the ball, just daring them to double-team him. They tried to double-team him from every possible angle you could double-team him, and he always made the right read. He got wide open shots. That first half … they had no answer. No matter what they did, he had an answer for anything.”

I will definitely be getting that book.

BigRedChief 11-16-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 13219527)
I doubt Vick goes or Newman goes to the Draft unless one of them really blows up and averages 17+ on the season....

you dont have to score 17+ a game. Vick is an athletic high flyer. That puts butts in the seats in the NBA. I think he gets drafted because I'm assuming his game keeps getting better this year.

CoMoChief 11-16-2017 08:09 PM

ill have to read that book

sounds interesting

KC_Connection 11-16-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13219513)

Svi and Graham grad.

Vick doesn't have a single skill that is at a NBA level. He's not even a particularly good college player and he's not all that young at this point either. Don't see it at all with him.

I doubt Newman is going anywhere based on what I've seen so far either. Not a good enough shooter, playmaker, or defender right now.

A Salt Weapon 11-17-2017 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13219823)
I will definitely be getting that book.

Ordered it last night for my dad’s Christmas present. Now I just gotta keep him from hearing about it until Christmas.

BWillie 11-17-2017 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13221031)
Vick doesn't have a single skill that is at a NBA level. He's not even a particularly good college player and he's not all that young at this point either. Don't see it at all with him.

I doubt Newman is going anywhere based on what I've seen so far either. Not a good enough shooter, playmaker, or defender right now.

Dont agree about Vick. Id draft Vick way ahead of Newman. Vick could slide up to fringe 1st rd with a good jr yr of production

Prison Bitch 11-17-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

This

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-17-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13220287)
you dont have to score 17+ a game. Vick is an athletic high flyer. That puts butts in the seats in the NBA. I think he gets drafted because I'm assuming his game keeps getting better this year.

Neither Vick nor Newman's games translate perfectly to the NBA. They're both players that could go to the NBA this season if they break out, but their skillsets as it stands don't scream at the scouts to "Take me now". Vick is athletic but is not overly quick, and he certainly isn't strong enough to overcome the other deficiencies. That's why if one of them blows up the stat sheets, then the Scouts will give them the notice to where they will jump.

BigRedChief 11-17-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

I think your wrong.

Want to make a bet? If Vick decides to leave after this year and Vick gets drafted by the NBA, you give $20 to a vets charity. He doesn't get drafted, I give the $20 to the vets charity?

bobbything 11-17-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13221342)
I think your wrong.

Want to make a bet? If Vick decides to leave after this year and Vick gets drafted by the NBA, you give $20 to a vets charity. He doesn't get drafted, I give the $20 to the vets charity?

Vick reminds me a lot of Langford...who has made a great living overseas. I wouldn't be shocked if Vick gets drafted, because he appears to be the best athlete on this team, but I'd guess that his living will be made in Europe.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-17-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 13221351)
Vick reminds me a lot of Langford...who has made a great living overseas. I wouldn't be shocked if Vick gets drafted, because he appears to be the best athlete on this team, but I'd guess that his living will be made in Europe.

That's a terrible comparison.... Vick is extremely long and has hops that Langford would have longed for. Langford was strong, where Vick is clumsy and weak. Langford was an incredible defender and good passer, which Vick is not even close on either account. Vick is a much better pure shooter than Langford was (Until Langford developed a passable shot as a Senior)... Neither were extremely quick with the ball in their hands, so that's about the only thing I can come up with.

If you're simply meaning they're both fringe NBA guys that will make a good living overseas, then yeah... that's about all that would remind one of the other.

Vick still has an opportunity to develop some of those skills and (as I previously said) blow up the stat sheets to force his way into the draft.

bobbything 11-17-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 13221371)
That's a terrible comparison.... Vick is extremely long and has hops that Langford would have longed for. Langford was strong, where Vick is clumsy and weak. Langford was an incredible defender and good passer, which Vick is not even close on either account. Vick is a much better pure shooter than Langford was (Until Langford developed a passable shot as a Senior)... Neither were extremely quick with the ball in their hands, so that's about the only thing I can come up with.

If you're simply meaning they're both fringe NBA guys that will make a good living overseas, then yeah... that's about all that would remind one of the other.

Vick still has an opportunity to develop some of those skills and (as I previously said) blow up the stat sheets to force his way into the draft.

Both slashers and streaky shooters. Kind of where I was going with that.

Chiefspants 11-17-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 13221427)
Both slashers and streaky shooters. Kind of where I was going with that.

We didn't need Langford for his shooting, though. On cold days he made up for it for his excellent defense, ball control and passing.

Vick doesn't have any of that as of now.

bobbything 11-17-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13221457)
We didn't need Langford for his shooting, though. On cold days he made up for it for his excellent defense, ball control and passing.

Vick doesn't have any of that as of now.

Agreed, but never really thought of Langford as a great defender. Adequate, but not spectacular.

sedated 11-17-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 13221465)
Agreed, but never really thought of Langford as a great defender. Adequate, but not spectacular.

Same here, I don't remember a single comment about his D.

What I do remember is how he could drive and float in the air just a bit longer than everyone else to make some circus shot in the lane.

Prison Bitch 11-17-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

I think your wrong.

Don't dare do this shit^^^^

He tried to bet me 100 on Hillary winning Florida. When she didn't, BRC never paid up.

Prison Bitch 11-17-2017 11:33 AM

Re: Langford. He was a jumping jack not far off Vick athletically. His Soph year, he was taking half court alley oop passes and slamming them on the run. He hurt his knee (had surgery)after his Soph season and lost much of his bounce - became a jump shooter and junkyard scorer in the lane. That's prob what some of you remember him as

BigRedChief 11-17-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13221508)
Don't dare do this shit^^^^

He tried to bet me 100 on Hillary winning Florida. When she didn't, BRC never paid up.

take your DC BS lies out of this thread. I'd cheat a vets charity? With my history on this site of supporting vets? Your an asshole.

You never really accepted the bet. But, I sent the package to the troops anyway. Spent over $200. Post 377 with pictures as proof. So 4321

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...217140&page=10

DanBecky 11-17-2017 06:55 PM

Anyone got a link to the game this evening?

Reerun_KC 11-17-2017 07:02 PM

Direct tv channel 791

Reerun_KC 11-17-2017 07:18 PM

Still living off fools gold offense when bookie gets in foul trouble.

Lzen 11-17-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13222106)
Direct tv channel 791

Not helpful. It's blacked out in my area.

Lzen 11-17-2017 07:29 PM

I'm using Kaspersky VPN on the Watch ESPN app. I can watch the game on my phone but when I try to Chromecast to my TV, it says it's blacked out. WTF?

BigRedChief 11-17-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13222127)
I'm using Kaspersky VPN on the Watch ESPN app. I can watch the game on my phone but when I try to Chromecast to my TV, it says it's blacked out. WTF?

l have Fios. l logged into the ESPN app on my phone with my Fios ID and password. Started the game. There was a "casting" option and it put the game on my big screen tv. Sound controlled by the app but it was a live feed I could pause or rewind.

ROYC75 11-17-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13222106)
Direct tv channel 791

Not here!

BWillie 11-17-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13222127)

Shouldnt be blacked out anywhere anymore. 38 the spot picked it up. Channel 38 on Direct tV in joco

BWillie 11-17-2017 09:30 PM

Devonte Graham with 11 assists. People still want to claim he isnt a PG.

Really worried about Azubuikes rebounding. Only 2 rebounds in extended minutes. But very impressed w his offensive game.

Vick just looks like a pro.

Newman is this teams best fT shooter

Clay Young is nowhere near being better than Lightfoot, i know Young is a smart player but come find me when he can get 4 blocks in 13 minutes like Lightfoot did

Svis shot finally was falling. Career high night for them.

SDSUs coach should be fired for failing to be able to teach his team how to defend.....at all

BigRedChief 11-17-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13222201)
Vick just looks like a pro.

say what?:eek:

ROFL

Lzen 11-17-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13222191)
Shouldnt be blacked out anywhere anymore. 38 the spot picked it up. Channel 38 on Direct tV in joco

I'm in Topeka.

jimidollar 11-18-2017 10:01 AM

Svi was on fire last night. Vick had a nice game as well dropping in 22. Udoka chipped in with 17. The Jackrabbits played zero defense.

BWillie 11-18-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 13222561)
Svi was on fire last night. Vick had a nice game as well dropping in 22. Udoka chipped in with 17. The Jackrabbits played zero defense.

I noticed that. They are certainly not a well coached team. They are lucky to have Daum. They'll fall off the face of the Earth soon when he graduates being coached defense like that.

KC_Connection 11-18-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

I think your wrong.

That's fine with me, but whoever wins is dependent on whether he gets drafted after this year.

He could always decide to leave, not get drafted and go play in Europe or something. In fact, I expect that's where his future lies (likely after his senior year).

BWillie 11-18-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13223081)
That's fine with me, but whoever wins is dependent on whether he gets drafted after this year.

He could always decide to leave, not get drafted and go play in Europe or something. In fact, I expect that's where his future lies (likely after his senior year).

I'm surprised you don't like Vick more. He seems like a guy you would usually love. Athletic, can defend, has improved his shooting every year, lanky for his size, knack for steals, good rebounder for his size. I see him as a back up spark plug off the bench in the NBA. I would imagine there is a 50%+ chance he's gone after this year.

BigRedChief 11-18-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13223081)

sounds good.

If Vick leaves after this year and If he puts his name up for the NBA draft and is still there on draft day.

If he doesn't get drafted by the NBA, l'll give $20 to a vets charity, if he does get drafted you give $20 to a vets charity?

Deal?

KC_Connection 11-18-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13223086)
I'm surprised you don't like Vick more. He seems like a guy you would usually love. Athletic, can defend, has improved his shooting every year, lanky for his size, knack for steals, good rebounder for his size. I see him as a back up spark plug off the bench in the NBA. I would imagine there is a 50%+ chance he's gone after this year.

He just doesn't have a NBA ready skill. The BBIQ isn't particularly high either. Now he does a lot of things at a decent level for a college player, but he's overall nothing special. Maybe that's changed heading into this season, but it doesn't look like it to me.

KC_Connection 11-18-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13223106)
sounds good.

If Vick leaves after this year and If he puts his name up for the NBA draft and is still there on draft day.

If he doesn't get drafted by the NBA, l'll give $20 to a vets charity, if he does get drafted you give $20 to a vets charity?

Deal?

Yes.

BWillie 11-21-2017 01:55 PM

Texas Southern tonight at 7pm.

Remember, you can watch the Jayahwk TV games on 38 The Spot now if you are in Kansas City area. Don't need to have TWC.

They are 0-4 but may not be as bad as they seem. They've played Gonzaga, Wash State, Ohio State and Syracuse, all on the road. Went to OT vs Wazzu. Went 23-11 last year, made the tournament.

Time for D Graham to get his shot to fall and keep racking up double digit assists.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2017 02:02 PM

In

Rasputin 11-21-2017 02:05 PM

Damn gotta go to work @7 but I may get lucky and get watch some of it if the patients get to watch it.

BWillie 11-21-2017 07:06 PM

Texas Southern has a guy that is 7'2'' averaging 11 and 10 as a Sophomore. Trayvon Reed. Will be interested to see how Azubuike plays and rebounds against him.

KC_Connection 11-21-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13231267)
They are 0-4 but may not be as bad as they seem.

Oh they are.

Pablo 11-21-2017 07:41 PM

Well oiled rape machine offense on display in the first half.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2017 07:42 PM

Lots of 3sby KU

DanBecky 11-21-2017 07:48 PM

Dok just murdered that center. jesus.

Pants 11-21-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13231981)
Texas Southern has a guy that is 7'2'' averaging 11 and 10 as a Sophomore. Trayvon Reed. Will be interested to see how Azubuike plays and rebounds against him.

Doke just murdered him. RIP Trayvon Reed.

Pablo 11-21-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 13232053)

That was just a brutal assault on his soul. Totally made him his bitch.

BWillie 11-21-2017 07:51 PM

KU on pace for 132 points.

GRAHAM has SEVEN assists at the half. Still can't shoot, YET. Who cares though if he's droppin dimes like this. I TOLD YOU ****ERS HE IS A PURE POINT GUARD. FOR YEARS.

KC_Connection 11-21-2017 07:52 PM

Udoka ended that guy's career on that dunk. There's no coming back from that for him, needs to retire at half.

BWillie 11-21-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13232057)

That was an amazing play. Doke is just a big due and really works for the ball. He takes himself out of the play quite a bit trying to block shots he has no shot at, which I think is the only reason he hasn't rebounded well this year.

BigRedChief 11-21-2017 08:00 PM

No one has taught that team how to play defense. That backside is wide open all half.

KC_Connection 11-21-2017 08:20 PM

I still haven't figured out why Lightfoot was a top recruit.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2017 08:20 PM

Uzidookie looks to have landed an his ankle funny.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2017 08:23 PM

Kaun sighting. One of my favorites.

Pablo 11-21-2017 08:26 PM

I just want to see 130. Is that too much to ask?

Reerun_KC 11-21-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13232107)

Light foot for 3

KC_Connection 11-21-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13232123)
Light foot for 3

It certainly wasn't for his shooting ability.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13232121)
I just want to see 130. Is that too much to ask?

No not really.

BWillie 11-21-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13232107)

He wasn't. He was a Top 75 or Top 100 depending on the service. Looks pretty good this game. Good shot blocker. Athletic. Has no basketball skills and hands of stone, though. Reminds me alot of Jamari Traylor. Needs to work on that sweeping drive to the basket like Jamari developed.

BWillie 11-21-2017 08:46 PM

NINETEEN THREES.

KU RECORD.

Bill Self is going to be pissed.

KC_Connection 11-21-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13232141)
He wasn't. He was a Top 75 or Top 100 depending on the service.

Thought he was 50ish, but Top 75/100 is still better than he's looked here for a year and 4 games.

Quote:

Looks pretty good this game. Good shot blocker. Athletic. Has no basketball skills and hands of stone, though. Reminds me alot of Jamari Traylor. Needs to work on that sweeping drive to the basket like Jamari developed.
That's what I mean.

KC_Connection 11-21-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13232150)
Bill Self is going to be pissed.

Well they did basically stop taking them in the 2nd half. If they didn't, KU wins by 60.

BWillie 11-21-2017 08:57 PM

Vick went 19 pts, 10 rebounds, 7 assists.

PRO.

KC_Connection 11-21-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13232164)

PRO.

In Europe, yeah.

Titty Meat 11-21-2017 09:43 PM

I'm at the Creighton/Baylor game

You guys will best Baylor by 20 easily. They play such a lazy zone D.

Good thing Squeeks ran off Foster. He's a hell of a player.

BWillie 11-21-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13232218)
I'm at the Creighton/Baylor game

You guys will best Baylor by 20 easily. They play such a lazy zone D.

Good thing Squeeks ran off Foster. He's a hell of a player.

You were saying? Showing some grit in this comeback against Creighton. Really clamped down on defense in the 2nd half. Scott Drew is a sneaky good coach. He's starting to earn his chops. Can't figure out how to beat Bill Self, but he's certainly improved as a coach throughout his tenure. He has less talent than ever before, and the best he's ever been.

BigRedChief 11-21-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13232164)

PRO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13232200)
In Europe, yeah.

this is going to be fun all season. :toast:

Titty Meat 11-21-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13232273)
You were saying? Showing some grit in this comeback against Creighton. Really clamped down on defense in the 2nd half. Scott Drew is a sneaky good coach. He's starting to earn his chops. Can't figure out how to beat Bill Self, but he's certainly improved as a coach throughout his tenure. He has less talent than ever before, and the best he's ever been.

Creighton couldnt make any 3s and KU's bigs are much better than Creightons.

T-post Tom 11-21-2017 11:31 PM

Chaminade was hoping for 10 more. :(

https://www.hawaii-aloha.com/wp-cont...ord-cactus.jpg

Buehler445 11-22-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13232141)
He wasn't. He was a Top 75 or Top 100 depending on the service. Looks pretty good this game. Good shot blocker. Athletic. Has no basketball skills and hands of stone, though. Reminds me alot of Jamari Traylor. Needs to work on that sweeping drive to the basket like Jamari developed.

Traylor was a better player than he gets credit for. The D would invariably go to shit when he went out and he was the only idiot on the team that could distribute from the middle in zone.

With his body he should have been a better player. But he was better than he gets credit for.

I for one wish Self would have ran a zone press more. With Traylor on the front of it, it was scary.

Besides that, Lightfoot has none of this:

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...4f6db9d4623575

Mr. Plow 11-22-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 13232053)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 13232056)
Doke just murdered him. RIP Trayvon Reed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13232057)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13232061)
Udoka ended that guy's career on that dunk. There's no coming back from that for him, needs to retire at half.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13232062)
That was an amazing play. Doke is just a big due and really works for the ball. He takes himself out of the play quite a bit trying to block shots he has no shot at, which I think is the only reason he hasn't rebounded well this year.

God damnit you mother****ers. I had to miss the game and I see this and no clip of it?!?

RockChalk 11-22-2017 08:55 AM

Anyone see the this ?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Preston car purchased early August in Florida. Registered in Texas. 30 day tags expired. 2016 Charger worth $20k. Can’t find owner name.</p>&mdash; kevin kietzman (@kkwhb) <a href="https://twitter.com/kkwhb/status/933107016951844865?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CoMoChief 11-22-2017 09:14 AM

Well thats a kick in the nuts if true

RockChalk 11-22-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13232575)
Well thats a kick in the nuts if true

It's probably just KK trash.

He sit's on an awfully high pedestal. Didn't he cheat on his wife with an intern (or babysitter) in a parking lot? I can't remember the exact details.

Lzen 11-22-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13232380)
Traylor was a better player than he gets credit for. The D would invariably go to shit when he went out and he was the only idiot on the team that could distribute from the middle in zone.

With his body he should have been a better player. But he was better than he gets credit for.

I for one wish Self would have ran a zone press more. With Traylor on the front of it, it was scary.

Besides that, Lightfoot has none of this:

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...4f6db9d4623575

Traylor was a frustrating player to watch. At times, he would look like a stud, making plays all over the place. Inevitably, he would then make a few boneheaded plays, even as an upperclassman.