ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League (2017) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301004)

Rams Fan 11-22-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13233113)

At this point, I think that Spider-man: Homecoming was the best "film" from top to bottom. Excellent cast, pacing, direction and acting.

I think Winter Soldier is the best Disney movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Homecoming was fine, but I think Winter Soldier was just that awesome.

Also, Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 deserve to be compared to Batman Begins and TDKR.

ThaVirus 11-22-2017 06:07 PM

Let's rank these Marvel flicks in tiers since you guys know I love me some tiers.

The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.
GotG
Winter Soldier

Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
Iron Man

Just enjoyable
Age of Ultron
Thor
Ant Man
The First Avenger

Yeah, they ****ed these up
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
The Dark World

BigRichard 11-22-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13233533)
Let's rank these Marvel flicks in tiers since you guys know I love me some tiers.

The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.
GotG
Winter Soldier

Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
Iron Man

Just enjoyable
Age of Ultron
Thor
Ant Man
The First Avenger

Yeah, they ****ed these up
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
The Dark World

Mix in the DC Universe in your rankings

ThaVirus 11-22-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13233579)
Mix in the DC Universe in your rankings

I like your style, brotha.

Marvel in regular, DC in bold (I'll include the Nolanverse just to give them some love), Fox in italics, and Sony underlined..

***The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.***
The Dark Knight
GotG
Winter Soldier
Spider-Man 2
Batman Begins

***Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.***
Deadpool
Logan
X2: X-Men United
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man
Spider-Man
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Dr Strange

***Just enjoyable***
Age of Ultron
Wonder Woman
X-Men: First Class
Thor
Justice League
Man of Steel
Ant Man
The Amazing Spider-Man
The First Avenger
X-Men
Fantastic 4

***Yeah, they ****ed these up***
Iron Man 3
Batman vs Superman
Iron Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Green Lantern
F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Dark World
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
That piece of shit F4 remake

ThaVirus 11-22-2017 07:04 PM

Good Lord, that is painful to look at but you get the picture.

Now that I'm looking at in this format, these studios really don't seem all that different. I feel like they're all pretty evenly distributed.

Sassy Squatch 11-22-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13233600)

Now that I'm looking at in this format, these studios really don't seem all that different. I feel like they're all pretty evenly distributed.

You did the honourable thing and let Suicide Squad die peacefully, I see.

Rams Fan 11-22-2017 07:42 PM

Logan deserves to be listed creme de la crime.

BigRichard 11-22-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13233600)

I will do some of mine but it won't be as complete as yours and I am not doing the different lettering because I am lazy...

1st Tier

Civil War
Deadpool
Iron Man
GotG
Ragnarok
Logan

All the Nolan Batmans fall into 1 or 2 but I haven't seen them in a long time so I would need to watch them again to properly judge. I would guess 2/3 in Tier 1 possibly all 3 though.

2nd Tier

Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Spiderman Homecoming
Ant Man
Avengers 1

A lot of the X-men movies would probably fall into Tier 3 for me but maybe one or two in Tier 2. Once again would need to re-watch several of them to classify them properly.

3rd Tier

Avengers 2
GotG 2
Cap 1
Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
Dr. Strange
Both the F4 movies (not the most recent shit one)
The Amazing Spiderman

4th Tier

First two Thor's
IM 2
IM 3
Green Lantern
B vs S (Theatrical release... would bump to 3rd tier for extended cut)
Justice League (could very well get bumped to 3rd or 2nd if they release the extended cut)

**** this shit
Suicide Squad
Piece of shit F4 remake

BigRedChief 11-22-2017 07:53 PM

Anyone who doesn't put Deadpool in the top tier, creme de creme is whack and has no clue what makes a good superhero movie.

Rams Fan 11-22-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13233649)
I will do some of mine but it won't be as complete as yours and I am not doing the different lettering because I am lazy...

1st Tier

Civil War
Deadpool
Iron Man
GotG
Ragnarok
Logan

All the Nolan Batmans fall into 1 or 2 but I haven't seen them in a long time so I would need to watch them again to properly judge. I would guess 2/3 in Tier 1 possibly all 3 though.

Please tell me how Spider-Man 2 is not first tier in your opinion.

It's an amazing movie.

ThaVirus 11-22-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13233626)
You did the honourable thing and let Suicide Squad die peacefully, I see.

Hah! Honestly, I just forgot about Suicide Squad and X-Men: Apocalypse but they would definitely go in the "****ed it up" tier.

There were a lot I left out on purpose too like the Blades, the Hulks, Superman Returns, etc. They just didn't seem to fit with the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13233638)
Logan deserves to be listed creme de la crime.

Its pretty fluid the closer you get to the top and bottom of each tier. I could easily field the argument that Logan and Deadpool deserve tier 1 status, for example, since they're at the top of tier 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13233658)
Anyone who doesn't put Deadpool in the top tier, creme de creme is whack and has no clue what makes a good superhero movie.

Like I said, I could field the argument. I just thought Deadpool in particular suffered from a weak antagonist and some shitty CGI (Colossus).

ThaVirus 11-22-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13233649)

1st Tier

Civil War
Deadpool
Iron Man
GotG
Ragnarok
Logan

2nd Tier

Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Spiderman Homecoming
Ant Man
Avengers 1

A lot of the X-men movies would probably fall into Tier 3 for me but maybe one or two in Tier 2. Once again would need to re-watch several of them to classify them properly.

3rd Tier

Avengers 2
GotG 2
Cap 1
Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
Dr. Strange
Both the F4 movies (not the most recent shit one)
The Amazing Spiderman

4th Tier
First two Thor's
IM 2
IM 3
Green Lantern
B vs S (Theatrical release... would bump to 3rd tier for extended cut)
Justice League (could very well get bumped to 3rd or 2nd if they release the extended cut)

**** this shit
Suicide Squad
Piece of shit F4 remake

Good list.

I bet everyone in this thread would agree that the newest Fantastic 4 remake is the absolute worst superhero movie of this generation.

unlurking 11-22-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13233767)
Hah! Honestly, I just forgot about Suicide Squad and X-Men: Apocalypse but they would definitely go in the "****ed it up" tier.

There were a lot I left out on purpose too like the Blades, the Hulks, Superman Returns, etc. They just didn't seem to fit with the rest.

Its pretty fluid the closer you get to the top and bottom of each tier. I could easily field the argument that Logan and Deadpool deserve tier 1 status, for example, since they're at the top of tier 2.

Like I said, I could field the argument. I just thought Deadpool in particular suffered from a weak antagonist and some shitty CGI (Colossus).

https://i.imgur.com/7Upns.jpg

BigRedChief 11-22-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13233767)

GOTG and Deadpool are the top of the food superhero food chain regardless of what you think. It's like science is true regardless whether you believe it or not. :Poke:

Rams Fan 11-22-2017 11:17 PM

So, I just saw Justice League. I'll give it a solid 7/10. Of the DCEU, I'd say it's the 2nd best I have seen(I've seen everything but Man of Steel; WW is #1 for me so far).

I thought the humor was appropriate. I'll leave some of my complaints in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler!

Ragged Robin 11-24-2017 07:04 PM

Just saw it, honestly I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. Not sure how the **** RT gave it a 40%... nothing really bad about the movie at all. I agree that the villain was kind of underwhelming but meh, I thought Loki was too in the first Avengers. Chemistry was great, humor was good. Not bad at all. Nothing super amazing or fantastic but nothing really bad. I was kind of hoping Superman's return would be more epic and meaningful but the fight with him was pretty worth it.

hated Man of Steel
hated Suicide Squad
Batman v Superman (extended) was disappointing at best
Wonder Woman was solid
Justice League was solid

I'd even say that it was far more enjoyable than WW.

Spoiler!

also, Batman would be so much more badass if he wore white lenses instead of bare eye+eye shadow :facepalm:

Just Passin' By 11-24-2017 07:44 PM

I made the mistake of taking the "OMG, it was actually good!" crew in this thread seriously, and I watched the movie.

When it comes to superhero movies, I'll never trust you DC fanboys again. Your taste in them absolutely sucks.

RobBlake 11-24-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13235692)
I made the mistake of taking the "OMG, it was actually good!" crew in this thread seriously, and I watched the movie.

When it comes to superhero movies, I'll never trust you DC fanboys again. Your taste in them absolutely sucks.

It was entertaining not genre busting. Not sure what people like ou want lol the second half was way better than there fest half of the movie. I’d give it a 7.8/10

Did you ever watch the justice league cartoon series?

Rams Fan 11-25-2017 06:50 AM

Quote:

How was it a bad movie? It's not as good as any of The Dark Knight movies, Winter Soldier, etc. but I'd argue it's at least on par with most of Marvel's movies.

It was an enjoyable movie. This isn't like Batman vs Superman in which there were legitimate issues and had to rely on the director's cut to somewhat make the movie seem coherent.

BigRedChief 11-25-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

I dont know why you think people in here said it was good. It was my impression that these "fanboys" in this forum were underwhelmed by the movie. It was okay but nothing special.

Easy 6 11-25-2017 10:22 AM

Based on everyones posts in this thread, I'd say this is going to be a rental

Just Passin' By 11-25-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13236014)
I dont know why you think people in here said it was good. It was my impression that these "fanboys" in this forum were underwhelmed by the movie. It was okay but nothing special.

The following was literally right above your post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13235944)
How was it a bad movie? It's not as good as any of The Dark Knight movies, Winter Soldier, etc. but I'd argue it's at least on par with most of Marvel's movies.

It was an enjoyable movie. This isn't like Batman vs Superman in which there were legitimate issues and had to rely on the director's cut to somewhat make the movie seem coherent.

The movie was lousy. It wasn't enjoyable. It wasn't good. It wasn't on par with most of Marvel's movies. It sucked slightly less than BvS and SS.

It's gonnorhea instead of syphillis.

Deberg_1990 11-25-2017 01:14 PM

This might be the ultimate indictment

I've been trying to get my 12 year old son to go see it. He's been waffling back and forth. This morning he tells me " dad, I don't want to go see it. I can just wait to see it at home. The D.C. Movies just aren't as good as the Marvel ones. The Marvel stories are better "

I guess I'm waiting for home streaming.

The Franchise 11-25-2017 11:17 PM

Went and watched it today. It’s probably a 6-7 out of 10. The story had nothing to it. The villain was meh and I still can’t get into Affleck as Batman.

Flash and Aquaman were the best parts.

Ragged Robin 11-27-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13237070)
Went and watched it today. It’s probably a 6-7 out of 10. The story had nothing to it. The villain was meh and I still can’t get into Affleck as Batman.

Flash and Aquaman were the best parts.

Why don't you like Affleck? He absolutely looks the part. He's not as stern or cold (or powerful) as I'd like him to be but you can't name a single other live-action actor who does BATMAN better than he does. I'm talking the god damn BATMAN not these shitty whiney idiots like Christian Bale who immediately became a parody the second he used his "batman voice". Affleck's brand of comedy is also spot on.

Spoiler!

:clap:

The Franchise 11-27-2017 01:01 PM

You whine about Bale's version of Batman but you're ok with the robot voice that Affleck does?

And the whole "secret identity" of Batman when played by Affleck is a joke. It's like they don't even care that he's supposed to be hiding who he is.

Ragged Robin 11-27-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13243352)
You whine about Bale's version of Batman but you're ok with the robot voice that Affleck does?

And the whole "secret identity" of Batman when played by Affleck is a joke. It's like they don't even care that he's supposed to be hiding who he is.

Yes, the vocoder is very much Batman. Laughably grunting like an idiot in a way that no one can even understand is not.

I actually prefer the Neil Adams/Grant Morrison Batman where he's basically James Bond who doesn't kill or use guns and is completely overpowered in terms of narrative (always having some sort of card hidden up his sleeve the whole time). That to me, is the ultimate incarnation of Batman (even the cartoon was a reflection of this). Alas, WB/Synder wants to do the realism thing so if we're going to do the realism thing, let's ACTUALLY take it more seriously.

Nolan wanted to do pseudo-bullshit realism where everything is super gritty and "realistic" yet no one knows who Batman is and Batman doesn't "kill". In this version, they throw all that pretentious garbage out the window and come out and admit that Batman & Alfred are, in fact, criminals from Day 1 and anyone with half a brain could work out who Batman is so he might as well tell his allies up front. No issues there. Batman QUITTING for 10 years or whatever because his ****ing girlfriend died (except she wasn't actually his girlfriend) is just about the opposite of what The God Damn Batman would do. I can admit that TDK and TDKR are enjoyable, decent flicks on their own. But in terms of Batman, he's not in them.

ThaVirus 11-27-2017 01:49 PM

I actually love the voice thingy this Batman uses

BigRichard 11-27-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13243456)
I actually love the voice thingy this Batman uses

Yes, I agree.

BigRichard 11-27-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13243352)

Also agree with this but that isn't Affleck's fault.

Sure-Oz 11-27-2017 04:48 PM

I like Affleck as Batman...as said above he looks the part. I also hope he stays on for future movies.

Jamie 11-27-2017 05:45 PM

The only person who has really nailed the Bruce Wayne voice vs Batman voice is Conroy, but Affleck's vocoder is acceptable.

Tribal Warfare 11-28-2017 09:15 AM

BTW, Mathew Vaughn is in talks to direct the Man of Steel solo movie.

Nirvana58 11-28-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13233599)
I like your style, brotha.

Marvel in regular, DC in bold (I'll include the Nolanverse just to give them some love), Fox in italics, and Sony underlined..

***The creme de la creme. If you didn't like these movies you're a soulless heathen.***
The Dark Knight
GotG
Winter Soldier
Spider-Man 2
Batman Begins

***Just the next step down. Still really good but not the best.***
Deadpool
Logan
X2: X-Men United
GotG2
Civil War
Avengers
Ragnarok
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man
Spider-Man
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Dr Strange

***Just enjoyable***
Age of Ultron
Wonder Woman
X-Men: First Class
Thor
Justice League
Man of Steel
Ant Man
The Amazing Spider-Man
The First Avenger
X-Men
Fantastic 4

***Yeah, they ****ed these up***
Iron Man 3
Batman vs Superman
Iron Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Green Lantern
F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Dark World
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
That piece of shit F4 remake

I actually agree with pretty much all of this. I could probably make a case to move a couple movies up or down. But pretty much spot on. :clap:

Danguardace 11-28-2017 10:00 AM

Where would you add in Kick Ass 1&2, Watchmen and V for Vendetta?

If you wanna go further back
Roger Corman's Fantastic Four ?
Super Girl?
Christopher Reeve Superman?
Keaton Batman?
Meteorman?

unlurking 11-28-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13245408)
BTW, Mathew Vaughn is in talks to direct the Man of Steel solo movie.

Vaughn is awesome. I will go see this.

Bowser 11-28-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13245527)
Where would you add in Kick Ass 1&2, Watchmen and V for Vendetta?

If you wanna go further back
Roger Corman's Fantastic Four ?
Super Girl?
Christopher Reeve Superman?
Keaton Batman?
Meteorman?

Watchmen is criminally underrated. Easily some of Snyder's best work.

Bowser 11-28-2017 09:49 PM

And man, I would like to go see this movie while it's on the big screen, but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to go drop 15-20 bucks on a ticket for it. I'll probably kick myself for not doing it when I finally do see it on one of the movie channels....

BigRedChief 11-28-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13247040)
And man, I would like to go see this movie while it's on the big screen, but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to go drop 15-20 bucks on a ticket for it. I'll probably kick myself for not doing it when I finally do see it on one of the movie channels....

they have $5-$6 shows at most movie theatres down here. Not the prime time 7-9pm shows but, for the price, it's a bargain.

Danguardace 11-29-2017 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13247037)
Watchmen is criminally underrated. Easily some of Snyder's best work.

Agreed big fan of Watchmen

DaneMcCloud 11-29-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13247040)

We saw it last Saturday at 11:30 am at the AMC 16 in Burbank.

$8.49 a ticket.

tk13 11-29-2017 07:27 PM

Finally got to see it. I actually do think the reviews are a bit harsh... this is way better than Batman vs. Superman. It was fun to see the characters on screen together too.

Although I have to concede the work on Cavill's mustache is just awful. I was able to get past it but I could see why people had a hard time taking the movie seriously with that kind of look. I saw where one of the FX guys said on reddit that they rushed everything, it sure looked like it.

Sure-Oz 11-29-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13248603)
Finally got to see it. I actually do think the reviews are a bit harsh... this is way better than Batman vs. Superman. It was fun to see the characters on screen together too.

Although I have to concede the work on Cavill's mustache is just awful. I was able to get past it but I could see why people had a hard time taking the movie seriously with that kind of look. I saw where one of the FX guys said on reddit that they rushed everything, it sure looked like it.

WB needs to get out of it's own way. That said this movie gives me hope that figure films will be better.

Tribal Warfare 11-29-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13248720)
WB needs to get out of it's own way. That said this movie gives me hope that figure films will be better.

If Matthew Vaughn helms MoS 2, and he keeps interest in the franchise then they found someone that could make Supes universally liked again .

Danguardace 11-30-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13248603)

I agree said it before JL and BvS feel like 4 films crushed into 2, I know you weren't specifically talking about the narrative but I think it goes for everything... not sure what the hurry is.

Fire Me Boy! 11-30-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13249549)
I agree said it before JL and BvS feel like 4 films crushed into 2, I know you weren't specifically talking about the narrative but I think it goes for everything... not sure what the hurry is.

They got a late start competing against Marvel and are trying to catch up.

007 11-30-2017 11:32 PM

This movie was really odd for me. While watching I kept thinking I liked it but by the time the movie was over I thought it was kind of crappy. MoS, WW and BvS UE were better by far. This one was way too campy and felt completely out of place from the other three. I like the serious overtones of the others. This one just felt like it was trying to be Marvel.

RobBlake 12-01-2017 04:28 PM

I thought Wonder Woman was ant man level good- don’t get the hype

Rausch 12-02-2017 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13247251)
Agreed big fan of Watchmen

This.

Plus my boss looks exactly like the actor (Wilson) and we all joke about how uncomfortable that 8 hour sex scene is now.

In fact, we're all doing photoshops of him after he had a few and posted a "flex pic" on FB.

I'll post 2 below. Go crazy with it if you feel creative...

Just Passin' By 12-05-2017 01:10 PM

Down 60% this weekend, bringing in a bit more than $16.6m, and currently at $197m domestically.

BigRedChief 12-05-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13263768)
Down 60% this weekend, bringing in a bit more than $16.6m, and currently at $197m domestically.

$570 million globally.

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13264635)
$570 million globally.

It'll easily hit $600 million and earn another $100 million in DVD/BluRay/VOD/Streaming.

Those aren't "Marvel" numbers but they're pretty godamn good.

Christopher Nolan was interviewed recently and he said the difference between his Batman film and Snyder's is that he was "given time".

Three years between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, then four years between the Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises gave him time to fully develop the story and characters.

WB's just pumping shit out as fast as they can without that kind of development.

Just Passin' By 12-05-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13264635)
$570 million globally.

Yeah, the numbers are not trending well, either domestically or globally. I wonder if this is the movie that leads to the desperately needed changes, or if they will just continue to make bad movies for diminishing returns.

RobBlake 12-06-2017 02:26 AM

Wasn’t there an exec that was behind the crazy reshoots for Suicide squad and responsible for making air justice league was around two hour mark and no more due to $$$ incentive? Asian name

Sure-Oz 12-07-2017 08:30 PM

Looks Affleck will be out soon. Staying on for Flashpoint and Reeves casting his own Batman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ision#/slide/1

Warner Bros. planning to restructure DC Films division

Following the box office disappointment of their latest feature,*Justice League,*Variety*reports that Warner Bros. is in the process of shifting and restructuring their DC Films division. The outlet reveals that current head of DC Films, Jon Berg, will be shifted to a different position in the studio, working as a production partner alongside*IT*producer Roy Lee.

“This is something that Jon approached me about six months ago, and he expressed his goal was to ultimately be a producer at the studio,”*Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Toby Emmerich told*Variety.*“I first met Jon when, as a producer, he brought ‘Elf’ to New Line, which remains one of the best and most evergreen titles in the library. We’re thrilled that Jon is partnering with Roy and anticipate their company being a valuable source of movies for Warner Bros. and New Line.”

A replacement for Berg is in the works and that person will continue to work alongside DC CCO Geoff Johns. The outlet also reports that Warner Bros. is considering moving their DC Films under their main production arm, making it no longer a separate division of the studio, similar to how the X-Men films are set up at 20th Century Fox and unlike Marvel Studios at Disney.*Variety*reports the overhaul of DC Films is expected to happen by January.

The decision for restructuring comes after*Justice League*has brought in just $572 million worldwide, making it the lowest grossing film in the DCEU by almost $100 million. Troubles on*Justice League*first began as an early cut of the film by Zack Snyder was screened for studio executives (which we now know*DID feature the famous black suit for Superman) who were reportedly alarmed by its dark tone, which had been a major criticism of*Man of Steel*and*Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

WB reportedly doesn’t consider*Justice League*a failure, however, as it successfully introduced audiences to Ezra Miller’s The Flash and Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, both of which have their own films in the works. The*Aquaman*solo film is set to arrive in theaters on December 21, 2018 while*The Flash*movie will reportedly bring Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Ben Affleck’s Batman back together for an adaptation of the “Flashpoint” storyline. Affleck, however, is not expected to star in director Matt Reeves’ upcoming*Batman*feature film, which will reportedly have all-new talent.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...Gpfbi28UrUP.99

ThaVirus 12-07-2017 08:54 PM

Hmm. That really throws a wrench in things.

I'd say they could go ahead and try out some sort of Batman Beyond storyline but that would require having Affleck stay on as the older Bats. I guess they could kill off Affleck's Wayne and just have Alfred find some young talent to take over the Bat mantle.

Ragged Robin 12-07-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13268588)
Hmm. That really throws a wrench in things.

I'd say they could go ahead and try out some sort of Batman Beyond storyline but that would require having Affleck stay on as the older Bats. I guess they could kill off Affleck's Wayne and just have Alfred find some young talent to take over the Bat mantle.

yeah are you ****ing kidding me.. Flashpoint? Seriously? That's the big bang they're going to have him go out with? JFC. Should have given him a proper send off and let the rightful heir to the cowl taken over. Anyone who isn't Bruce, Damian, or Grayson would be a ****ing joke

Just Passin' By 12-08-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13264887)
Yeah, the numbers are not trending well, either domestically or globally. I wonder if this is the movie that leads to the desperately needed changes, or if they will just continue to make bad movies for diminishing returns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13268546)
Looks Affleck will be out soon. Staying on for Flashpoint and Reeves casting his own Batman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ision#/slide/1

Warner Bros. planning to restructure DC Films division...

...The decision for restructuring comes after*Justice League*has brought in just $572 million worldwide, making it the lowest grossing film in the DCEU by almost $100 million. Troubles on*Justice League*first began as an early cut of the film by Zack Snyder was screened for studio executives (which we now know*DID feature the famous black suit for Superman) who were reportedly alarmed by its dark tone, which had been a major criticism of*Man of Steel*and*Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice...

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...Gpfbi28UrUP.99

And there it is.

Just Passin' By 12-08-2017 12:53 AM

Another article talking about changes

Quote:

...This DC “overhaul” is expected to happen by January, and while there’s no guarantee the DC Films arm will be integrated, the fact that Emmerich is considering this as an option speaks to the degree to which WB is unhappy with its DC output so far. The higher-ups are said to be upset with the performance of Justice League, with Variety reporting that it alarmed studio executives early on when they saw Zack Snyder’s vision for the film. Reportedly Snyder’s vision for the villain Steppenwolf was recognized as “faulty” by studio executives, but only so much could be fixed during the reshoots overseen by Joss Whedon.

Variety says there are no immediate plans for Snyder to direct another DC movie, and the outlet notes that Time Warner—Warner Bros.’ parent company—“is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continued to bring the director back.” So while Snyder maintains a production deal with the studio as he develops The Last Photograph, I wouldn’t necessarily expect him to return to the DCEU anytime soon. ...
http://collider.com/dc-films-restruc...g-geoff-johns/

RobBlake 12-08-2017 03:13 AM

Thank god zach is out

Mr. Plow 12-08-2017 08:13 AM

Plan on seeing it this weekend.

The Franchise 12-08-2017 12:36 PM

How about you just pick a ****ing direction and ****ing stick with it? Part of the issue that they've had is that they get a movie half way done and then they change directions on it.

Just Passin' By 12-08-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13269718)
How about you just pick a ****ing direction and ****ing stick with it? Part of the issue that they've had is that they get a movie half way done and then they change directions on it.

I'm not sure why you'd want to keep anything they've done so far.

Bad writing
Bad choice of going too dark
Bad use of Superman
Bad Villains (how used and/or implemented)
Bad storylines ("Your mommy's name is Martha, too?", wasting the death of Superman early on in the timeline)

Really, what's there to hang onto, outside of the WW movie?

Sure-Oz 12-08-2017 02:57 PM

I like the actors they chose for the roles and hope they stick with them.affleck likely gone but still

Tribal Warfare 12-08-2017 08:03 PM

Now Jon Hamm, is jockeying to be the new Batman

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13270432)

That would be an awful decision, IMO.

He's Jon Hamm, no matter what role he plays, IMO.

I'd actually rather see someone that can actually act, whether it's Ryan Gosling, or Gyllenhall or even Armie Hammer.

And if Affleck is too "old", what does that make Jon Hamm?

Bowser 12-08-2017 08:51 PM

Never thought of Armie Hammer as Batman. He'd probably knock it out of the park.

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13270513)
Never thought of Armie Hammer as Batman. He'd probably knock it out of the park.

He’s “kind of” like a present day Brendan Fraser.

007 12-09-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270676)

What the hell happened to him anyway. Has he even been in a movie lately?

Danguardace 12-09-2017 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13269866)
I'm not sure why you'd want to keep anything they've done so far.

Bad writing
Bad choice of going too dark
Bad use of Superman
Bad Villains (how used and/or implemented)
Bad storylines ("Your mommy's name is Martha, too?", wasting the death of Superman early on in the timeline)

Really, what's there to hang onto, outside of the WW movie?

I think the point was Studio interference, The re shoots in Justice League and Suicide squad indicates WB is too panicky and reacting too much to what Marvel and Disney are doing.

Pick a director and back him dont ask Zach Snyder to crush 4 films into 2.

RobBlake 12-09-2017 04:10 AM

Jack g would be the perfect Batman and would appeal to younger and older crowd. I fully support that - love his acting akills

Just Passin' By 12-09-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 13270818)
I think the point was Studio interference, The re shoots in Justice League and Suicide squad indicates WB is too panicky and reacting too much to what Marvel and Disney are doing.

Pick a director and back him dont ask Zach Snyder to crush 4 films into 2.

Snyder's been a huge part of the problem, and, at least according to the public statements, the re-shoots with Whedon happened because Snyder's daughter committed suicide. I can't blame the studio for that. And, given what most of the movie looked like, I wouldn't blame the studio even if what really happened was that they decided that Snyder's version was horseshit and gave him an opportunity to "resign", so to speak.

Danguardace 12-09-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13271154)
Snyder's been a huge part of the problem, and, at least according to the public statements, the re-shoots with Whedon happened because Snyder's daughter committed suicide. I can't blame the studio for that. And, given what most of the movie looked like, I wouldn't blame the studio even if what really happened was that they decided that Snyder's version was horseshit and gave him an opportunity to "resign", so to speak.

Exactly my point getting Whedon in to finish and reshoot parts of the film is a big **** you to Snyder in my opinion.

Surely WB had seen Snyder's other work? Surely they knew that his style was was the complete opposite to Marvel/Disney.

BigRedChief 12-09-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270676)

i like Fassbender for the next Batman

Danguardace 12-10-2017 01:16 AM

Affleck has been the best part of the DCU so far for me. Will be a shame if he goes.

Direckshun 12-13-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13271867)

Ooo, that'd be kind of fun.

Buehler445 12-13-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13270432)

Uhhhhhh.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13270501)
That would be an awful decision, IMO.

He's Jon Hamm, no matter what role he plays, IMO.

I'd actually rather see someone that can actually act, whether it's Ryan Gosling, or Gyllenhall or even Armie Hammer.

And if Affleck is too "old", what does that make Jon Hamm?

Right? I don't really want a Don Draper Bats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13271867)

I watch anything Fassbender is in.

Just Passin' By 12-13-2017 01:15 PM

Its looking as if it's going to end up as the lowest grossing film in the 5 film DCU, domestically.

Quote:

1 Wonder Woman $412,563,408
2 B v Superman $330,360,194
3 Suicide Squad $325,100,054
4 Man of Steel $291,045,518
5 Justice League $212,872,996
It's got a shot to get to #4 internationally, but I think they saw the writing on the wall with this.

Quote:

1 B v Superman $873.3
2 Wonder Woman $821.8
3 Suicide Squad $745.6
4 Man of Steel $668.0
5 Justice League $615.5
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchi...art/?id=dc.htm

It may be too late to retro some of the films already going, but they've got to do something. They can't rely on the hardcore fanboys forever. Eventually, even they will stop attending and celebrating shitty movies.

DaneMcCloud 12-13-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13281005)
It may be too late to retro some of the films already going, but they've got to do something. They can't rely on the hardcore fanboys forever. Eventually, even they will stop attending and celebrating shitty movies.

They're not changing their slate of movies

Hawk 12-13-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 13281005)
Its looking as if it's going to end up as the lowest grossing film in the 5 film DCU, domestically.

It's got a shot to get to #4 internationally, but I think they saw the writing on the wall with this.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchi...art/?id=dc.htm

Huh. I thought it was better than BvS and Suicide Squad, better than Man of Steel too.