ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293557)

Fire Me Boy! 07-15-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 12316481)
I still don't get why these companies can't negotiate with you in good faith. I don't want to ****ing haggle. Just give me your best price point and let me decide.

My 12 month cable contract expired and I got the new bill and called and had to waste like 20 minutes of my time to try and cancel the TV portion of my cable package. It starts out "There are no deals but look at all this value your TV package provides you," to which, I respond "Not $XXX per month in value, so cancel it." "Okay let me work my codes, oh I was able to get you a deal! 12 more months at exactly what you paid before."

That was part of the problem. My DTV bill increases incrementally every year. It goes up, and I call and get it down, but I never get it down to where it was before it increased. So now it's $130. Last year it was $120. Two years ago, it was $105, before than under $100... it pisses me off. I could leave and come back in a year and be at $80.

DaFace 07-15-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12316480)
They encouraged me to call back closer to the season to get a free ST, but the reason I called them to begin with was I got my monthly invoice and my bill jumped from $147 to $192, and I told them we needed to get that drastically down or I was gone.

I went back and forth with retention and finally told the guy the only way I was staying was if I got ST for free. He came back with the $99 "deal," and I just said that wasn't good enough. He basically said that was all he could do right now, but I could call back and there may be other offers. I repeated it wasn't good enough, and if we didn't get this resolved today, we were done. He said that was all he could do, so I asked when was my billing cycle over. Aug. 11. I said, "So that gives me just under a month to find a new cable provider. Let's set up cancellation on Aug. 10." Then he put me on hold and came back with the $99 one-time bill credit.

Is that just for TV service or is internet lumped into that too? Regardless, that's just insane to me. I cut the cord a couple years ago at this point and am quite happy paying about $30/month for it.

Fire Me Boy! 07-15-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12316657)
Is that just for TV service or is internet lumped into that too? Regardless, that's just insane to me. I cut the cord a couple years ago at this point and am quite happy paying about $30/month for it.

It's 2 TVs, mid-tier channels, plus Showtime and HBO. And ST.

I'm probably another year or two away from telling them to f-themselves. My issue is due to my dialysis, I watch a lot of TV at night and in the morning while I'm tethered to my bedroom. So I'm very hesitant to cut the cord. Plus, I have no way to watch Chiefs except when they're playing nationally.

The Franchise 07-15-2016 09:20 AM

My contract is up in April of 2017.....so I'm tied to DTV for that long. I installed Kodi last night on my FireTV and I'm going to show my wife and kids the benefits of it over the next year. My goal is that when my contract is up.....we can leave DTV behind and cut the cord.

Chief Pagan 07-15-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 12316481)
I still don't get why these companies can't negotiate with you in good faith. I don't want to ****ing haggle. Just give me your best price point and let me decide.

Preferential price differing. They don't want to give a discount to all those viewers out there that just re-new year after year without hassling. On the other hand, they would rather keep viewers at a some discount rather than lose them.

But I still hate that business model. Works for them, though.

Chief Pagan 07-15-2016 09:31 AM

Last year, I had a co-worker who got a discounted deal (streaming only but included the Red Zone) based on being a university student.

Anybody know if something like that is going to be offered again?

ThaVirus 07-15-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 12316706)
Last year, I had a co-worker who got a discounted deal (streaming only but included the Red Zone) based on being a university student.

Anybody know if something like that is going to be offered again?

InMem mentioned an NFL ST deal that was $200 on tablets earlier in this thread. If you were a college student you could get that for $100.

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12316680)
It's 2 TVs, mid-tier channels, plus Showtime and HBO. And ST.

I'm probably another year or two away from telling them to f-themselves. My issue is due to my dialysis, I watch a lot of TV at night and in the morning while I'm tethered to my bedroom. So I'm very hesitant to cut the cord. Plus, I have no way to watch Chiefs except when they're playing nationally.

This is exactly why Direct TV is so lame.

I have three HD DVR's, every premium channel, the Sports package, the HD pack, Whole Home, the Protection Package, DTV Cinema - basically every single product Direct TV offers.

I'm paying $135 dollars a month with tax.

They don't have fixed prices. They don't offer everyone the same exact discount packages when they're available, so you have to take time out of your day to sit on the phone (often times in excess of an hour) to try to get the best deal. It's really frustrating and annoying.

That said, I love the product itself. The picture and sound are outstanding, the On Demand channels are awesome and we've haven't lost a signal since 2003.

dj56dt58 07-15-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12315755)
So you can give us your number and funnel all the CP DTV subscribers who want a discount your way?

Thanks!

lol would love to but I quit about a year ago. I don't think that call center is doing directv calls just yet. I can tell you there is very little leadership or direction at their call centers so you can probably just rep shop and find someone who will do it. Some years they are more "giving" than others depending on their customer service ratings.

dj56dt58 07-15-2016 11:10 AM

I changed to dish. I get all the Chiefs games and only needed DTV for Extra Innings which Dish now has. I cut the cord for a while but ESPN Streaming SUCKS. Every time I tried to watch anything on ESPN it would freeze. It seemed to work better on Sling though. MLB.tv also has its issues.

lewdog 07-15-2016 02:42 PM

I am trying to see the positive. It could be worse than paying to see Chiefs games.

I could have to live in the Chiefs viewing area (Kansas/Missouri) just to see them for free.

/shudder

Pablo 07-15-2016 04:16 PM

I had the Sunday Ticket for free last year since it was my first year with DirecTV. I don't even care to haggle or try to keep it. I get the Chiefs games, I'll watch whatever else is on the national broadcasts and be happy.

I find myself enjoying college football much more nowadays anyhow. NFL is Chiefs and fantasy football and that's about it.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-15-2016 06:37 PM

I will get more games going forward locally so this may be my last with it. The games i am not emotionally invested in get harder to wstch every year. The sport is getting that bad that i don't feel like giving them money to support it. It's damn near WWE.

lewdog 07-15-2016 06:49 PM

Also, if anyone gets Sunday Ticket Max and is willing to share the internet access of Sunday Ticket and their login, I wouldn't mind paying someone some money if I can't get DTV to come down in price.

displacedinMN 07-16-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12317736)
Also, if anyone gets Sunday Ticket Max and is willing to share the internet access of Sunday Ticket and their login, I wouldn't mind paying someone some money if I can't get DTV to come down in price.

It looks like I can get games on my electronic device without Max. I think that is new this year. Looking into it more. DTV site has been tough to navigate.

KChiefs1 07-16-2016 10:25 PM

Probably won't need it now that the Rams are in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefs Pantalones 07-24-2016 11:03 PM

I got it for free again. The sixth year in a row. I just told them I can't afford it. I'm already paying for MLB Extra Innings and the Premiere package it's just too much. I'm going to cable. Then she offered NFLST Max for free.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-26-2016 09:19 PM

I'm going to try to get it for free for my in-laws this weekend.

kcxiv 07-26-2016 09:39 PM

i think immma pass this year. Football isnt the same for me anymore. I dont get all excited about it. Ill redzone football this year. IM more of a baseball guy again, back to my roots. lol

The Franchise 07-26-2016 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 12332442)
I got it for free again. The sixth year in a row. I just told them I can't afford it. I'm already paying for MLB Extra Innings and the Premiere package it's just too much. I'm going to cable. Then she offered NFLST Max for free.

Was your contract up?

Chiefs Pantalones 07-26-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12336531)
Was your contract up?

No I have a year left.

The Bad Guy 07-26-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 12332442)

I'd check your bill to make sure that they gave you the whole Sunday Ticket package and not just the max for free.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-26-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12336612)
I'd check your bill to make sure that they gave you the whole Sunday Ticket package and not just the max for free.

I check the bill and call back to confirm a day later. It's all good.

Spokane Chief Fan 07-27-2016 09:13 AM

I called last night and did the same spiel as every year. I got the Sunday Ticket Max and I will be billed the 59.99 for six months and they are giving me a $50 credit for the next 12 months. I did have to sign up for another year. I have not paid for this in 10 years at least. You just have to be patient.

siberian khatru 07-27-2016 09:17 AM

Wife has called three times in last week trying to get a better deal on ST. We've been DTV and ST customers for 16 years, and she threatened to cancel both. The best they could do, they said, was $35.99 for 6 months. Not good enough, especially with what I read others getting here.

So we canceled. No Chiefs games every week for me anymore. And I'm on the path to cutting the cord on DTV as well in a month or two. Change is a-coming. With one kid in college and another a senior in HS, I need to save $.

Why Not? 07-27-2016 09:19 AM

I'm going to call today and see what they offer. If it's not good enough, I'll cancel ST, then watch week 1 free anyway with the preview and then call back and see what deal I can get. I'll keep you guys posted.

Fire Me Boy! 07-27-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12336908)
Wife has called three times in last week trying to get a better deal on ST. We've been DTV and ST customers for 16 years, and she threatened to cancel both. The best they could do, they said, was $35.99 for 6 months. Not good enough, especially with what I read others getting here.

So we canceled. No Chiefs games every week for me anymore. And I'm on the path to cutting the cord on DTV as well in a month or two. Change is a-coming. With one kid in college and another a senior in HS, I need to save $.

Did you cancel on the spot, or did you schedule something? I've never gotten that far, but my guess is if you schedule your cancellation 2-3 weeks out, they'll get more aggressive about keeping you before the cancellation date.

siberian khatru 07-27-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12336913)
Did you cancel on the spot, or did you schedule something? I've never gotten that far, but my guess is if you schedule your cancellation 2-3 weeks out, they'll get more aggressive about keeping you before the cancellation date.

Canceled ST on the spot, before we get billed for first installment.

Won't cancel DTV until I get all my cord-cutting ducks in a row. I suppose when we do they might relent and give us ST for free. We'll see. But I'm going to be prepared to go all the way -- no more bluffing.

Fire Me Boy! 07-27-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12336923)
Canceled ST on the spot, before we get billed for first installment.

Won't cancel DTV until I get all my cord-cutting ducks in a row. I suppose when we do they might relent and give us ST for free. We'll see. But I'm going to be prepared to go all the way -- no more bluffing.

They will, I think.

When I did mine this year, I had to get all the way to the point of telling them the date I wanted them to cut service (day before billing cycle ended), and magically the guy came back with a better off than the previous, which was "the best he can do."

siberian khatru 07-27-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12336930)
They will, I think.

When I did mine this year, I had to get all the way to the point of telling them the date I wanted them to cut service (day before billing cycle ended), and magically the guy came back with a better off than the previous, which was "the best he can do."

Thanks. Good to know.

Titty Meat 07-27-2016 10:04 AM

This thread makes me not want to leave KC

The Franchise 07-27-2016 10:07 AM

I think I'm going to just try streaming the games this year. I might give it one more time right before the season starts.....but I'm not going to put a ton of effort into it.

Spokane Chief Fan 07-27-2016 10:17 AM

For those of you having problems, are you getting right to retention? I call 1-800-directv and when it gets to the automated part I tell them I want to talk about my contract. That seems to get me right to someone that can do something. I tell them the only reason I have Directv is for the ticket and it is to expensive and dish is offering a gift card and a cheaper price and off we go sometimes it takes a little time. This year it was very easy. My current contract was up in September and I will never go more than a year on a new contract.

siberian khatru 07-27-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spokane Chief Fan (Post 12336986)
For those of you having problems, are you getting right to retention? I call 1-800-directv and when it gets to the automated part I tell them I want to talk about my contract. That seems to get me right to someone that can do something. I tell them the only reason I have Directv is for the ticket and it is to expensive and dish is offering a gift card and a cheaper price and off we go sometimes it takes a little time. This year it was very easy. My current contract was up in September and I will never go more than a year on a new contract.

Yes, that's exactly what the wife did. Still no go.

Fire Me Boy! 07-27-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12336993)

Me, too.

lewdog 07-27-2016 03:01 PM

They never agree to an ST deal unless I extend two years. Even when I said I only wanted one year contract she said it wasn't possible.

Fire Me Boy! 07-27-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12337607)
They never agree to an ST deal unless I extend two years. Even when I said I only wanted one year contract she said it wasn't possible.

Last two for me have been one-year.

OnTheWarpath15 07-27-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12337608)

Same here. (I think)

Chiefs Pantalones 07-27-2016 05:04 PM

I can sell my password to somebody. Just don't F with my account lol.

By the way, the key is to get a girl customer service rep for me. Be super nice while being upset at the same time about whatever your reason for cancelling is.

Keep trying. If you're not getting anywhere try calling again. It's like playing the slot machine, eventually you'll win. It's just if you wanna expend the time on it.

Spokane Chief Fan 07-27-2016 05:42 PM

If someone wants to talk to me about my password give me a yell. You will have to point me in the right direction since I have never used one before.

lewdog 07-27-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12337608)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12337755)
Same here. (I think)

Those lying mother ****ers!!!

They always tell me they can give me a deal as long as I agree to a 2 year contract. I told last girl I wasn't comfortable with that and she said it's the deal and 2 years or nothing.

kcxiv 07-27-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12337890)
Those lying mother ****ers!!!

They always tell me they can give me a deal as long as I agree to a 2 year contract. I told last girl I wasn't comfortable with that and she said it's the deal and 2 years or nothing.

she's not lying though. Only certain CS reps can give out good deals, while others cant.

lewdog 07-27-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 12337900)
she's not lying though. Only certain CS reps can give out good deals, while others cant.

She gave me a deal last year but said I had to extend the contract 2 years.

Seems fishy since others are saying they can get 1 year.

kcxiv 07-27-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12336908)

its what i did man. i cut out direct tv, it didnt make sense anymore. 120 bucks a month for direct tv plus i had to pay another 70 for internet. comcast gave me a killer cable and internet deal for 128 dollars a month with free HBO and the sports channels. Was no contest really.

lewdog 07-27-2016 06:13 PM

I would cut in a heart beat. It's really only Sunday Ticket that holds me there. I barely watch actual TV programming. I pay for MLB.TV on the computer. And when I do watch TV it's never live and stuff that I can watch on Hulu. Other shows are TV series on Netflix, Amazon prime or HBO stuff.

Are streaming options really reliable for the NFL though? I am actually high on the Chiefs this year and don't want to miss games.

Unsmooth-Moment 07-27-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12337914)
I would cut in a heart beat. It's really only Sunday Ticket that holds me there. I barely watch actual TV programming. I pay for MLB.TV on the computer. And when I do watch TV it's never live and stuff that I can watch on Hulu. Other shows are TV series on Netflix, Amazon prime or HBO stuff.

Are streaming options really reliable for the NFL though? I am actually high on the Chiefs this year and don't want to miss games.

Don't they offer something on Playstation or something for like 300? Still not ideal but cheaper than the 1200-1500 most of us spend on direct tv per year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12337914)

You could actually cut your bill to $29.95 (minimal service) and purchase Sunday Ticket. There's no reason to pay for anything more if you don't want it.

As I've mentioned in this thread, I have 3 HD DVR's, every channel and every service and my bill is just $130 a month. I've got three Roku's with all of the DTV apps in the other rooms and with a login, I can watch live or On Demand.

lewdog 07-27-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12337968)
You could actually cut your bill to $29.95 (minimal service) and purchase Sunday Ticket. There's no reason to pay for anything more if you don't want it.

As I've mentioned in this thread, I have 3 HD DVR's, every channel and every service and my bill is just $130 a month. I've got three Roku's with all of the DTV apps in the other rooms and with a login, I can watch live or On Demand.

We have 4 TVs, 2 wireless Genies so I can take a TV out on patio or move to different room. Not sure I could get that low on my bill but I guess I can start by getting lowest TV package from them. I think I'm already on second to lowest package and pay about $100 per month though.

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12337985)
We have 4 TVs, 2 wireless Genies so I can take a TV out on patio or move to different room. Not sure I could get that low on my bill but I guess I can start by getting lowest TV package from them. I think I'm already on second to lowest package and pay about $100 per month though.

You could go to one HD DVR and use 3 Roku boxes (or the new 3600R stick). Just about every important channel is available on the Roku, so all you need to do is login with your Direct TV email address and password, then the app is "authorized", giving you a choice of "Live" TV or On Demand.

It appears that the lowest offer is $50 per month, which provided two HD DVR's. It might be worth a shot for you to check it out.

lewdog 07-27-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12338020)
You could go to one HD DVR and use 3 Roku boxes (or the new 3600R stick). Just about every important channel is available on the Roku, so all you need to do is login with your Direct TV email address and password, then the app is "authorized", giving you a choice of "Live" TV or On Demand.

It appears that the lowest offer is $50 per month, which provided two HD DVR's. It might be worth a shot for you to check it out.

Thanks for the heads up. I might check that out. Or I might cut the chord next November. Between Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Netflix and Hulu, I think the wife and I would have plenty to watch. We currently have access to all of that besides Hulu. I am not exactly sure how it works but I know friends who have it and like it. (Remember, the wife is the tech gooroo, lol).

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12338041)
Thanks for the heads up. I might check that out. Or I might cut the chord next November. Between Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Netflix and Hulu, I think the wife and I would have plenty to watch. We currently have access to all of that besides Hulu. I am not exactly sure how it works but I know friends who have it and like it. (Remember, the wife is the tech gooroo, lol).

Cool, good luck!

I won't be able to cut the cord for a long, long, long time, if ever. The kids can't live without Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Nick, Jr. and immediate access to their favorite episodes and shows (and it doesn't hurt for Mom & Dad to have those channels, either). Plus, we can't get the local stations up in the hills. I don't watch them frequently but when there are fires or mudslides or other events happening, they're crucial.

At least it's a complete tax write off for me. :D

lewdog 07-27-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12338069)
Cool, good luck!

I won't be able to cut the cord for a long, long, long time, if ever. The kids can't live without Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Nick, Jr. and immediate access to their favorite episodes and shows (and it doesn't hurt for Mom & Dad to have those channels, either). Plus, we can't get the local stations up in the hills. I don't watch them frequently but when there are fires or mudslides or other events happening, they're crucial.

At least it's a complete tax write off for me. :D

Can't you get access to those shows on something like Hulu though. Obviously not the day they come out but most of them show up eventually?

Maybe someone should explain what Hulu is good for? Or another option to get shows aired on TV?

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12338080)
Can't you get access to those shows on something like Hulu though. Obviously not the day they come out but most of them show up eventually?

Maybe someone should explain what Hulu is good for? Or another option to get shows aired on TV?

Dude, kids. :D

WilliamTheIrish 07-27-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12336993)

Get the Amazon box, side load some apps that take about an hour. . Stream. EVERY. GAME. YOU. WANT. TO. WATCH.

Is it the best quality? No. But my cable bill has been $00.00 since the end of the 2015 ALDS.

I pay 39.00$ per month to stream everything. I will never give those mother ****ers another nickel.

ThaVirus 07-27-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 12337806)
I can sell my password to somebody. Just don't F with my account lol.

By the way, the key is to get a girl customer service rep for me. Be super nice while being upset at the same time about whatever your reason for cancelling is.

Keep trying. If you're not getting anywhere try calling again. It's like playing the slot machine, eventually you'll win. It's just if you wanna expend the time on it.

I'd buy it for sure. Lew mentioned that he wanted to as well though before me.

Let us know.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-28-2016 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12338259)
I'd buy it for sure. Lew mentioned that he wanted to as well though before me.

Let us know.

Ok no problem to both. Just PM for any questions.

lewdog 07-29-2016 06:43 PM

On the phone now. First lady couldn't do shit. Couldn't even tell me my cancellation date.

Being transferred. I hate these ****s.

lewdog 07-29-2016 07:00 PM

Well not great but not bad. I actually come out ahead with the discount they offered. They would NOT give me Sunday Ticket half off, said they don't even have that discount (bullshit since I had it last year). So she offered $25 off our bill for the next two years, which doing the easy math, actually puts us ahead of if they had offered us Sunday Ticket half off. So much LOL. Thanks for the shitty math DTV!

Unsmooth-Moment 07-29-2016 07:02 PM

That's the worst part. 40 minutes minimum just to get into the details and back and forth. Good luck.

MMXcalibur 07-29-2016 07:06 PM

I paid $100 last season for Sunday Ticket, thanks to the college discount, and I plan on doing it again this time around.

Basically, the discount is intended for those students trapped in a college dorm and unable to access DirecTV, so they are given a major discount to watch NFL games online. All that you need to sign up is a college email address. I do online classes, so I've used my UMUC college email to register last season (plus, it's a better reason to stay in college for my Masters, rather than the whole "education" thing).

I know a lot want to go for that freebie with customer service, but I elect to take the discount as the price is more manageable at $100. **** paying whatever godforsaken amount they want for what is essentially 13-14 Chiefs games.

More info: http://theslanted.com/2016/07/24129/...lege-students/

EDIT: No, I don't know where to get a spare college email address. If you're in a similar situation as me though, it might be worth your time and half the money you usually fork over.

SAUTO 07-29-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12342171)
Well not great but not bad. I actually come out ahead with the discount they offered. They would NOT give me Sunday Ticket half off, said they don't even have that discount (bullshit since I had it last year). So she offered $25 off our bill for the next two years, which doing the easy math, actually puts us ahead of if they had offered us Sunday Ticket half off. So much LOL. Thanks for the shitty math DTV!

You just screwed yourself for next season

lewdog 07-29-2016 07:11 PM

Such Idiots. Regular Sunday Ticket costs $45x6 =$270. Half off would have been $135. They couldn't do that.

So instead they give me $25 off for 2 years, which means I am paying $120 for Sunday Ticket (still cheaper than half off) and my bill outside of NFL season will drop from $95 to $70.

Thanks guys!!!

lewdog 07-29-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12342179)
You just screwed yourself for next season

How's your math? I still get $25 off my bill for next season too, so I can pay full price for Sunday Ticket again and still be coming out ahead over them just giving me half off this season. Not to mention the discount I am getting in the 6 months without Sunday Ticket.

Winning.

lewdog 07-29-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 12342175)
That's the worst part. 40 minutes minimum just to get into the details and back and forth. Good luck.

Took my exactly 40 minutes. LOL.

Unsmooth-Moment 07-29-2016 07:47 PM

Is that 2 year contract or they just offered the discounts if you stay?

displacedinMN 07-29-2016 07:55 PM

Peyton Manning and Lionel Ritchie in a Directv commercial.

Peyton on Sunday morning. ugh.

lewdog 07-29-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 12342226)
Is that 2 year contract or they just offered the discounts if you stay?

I am not sure but either way that's fine for me. Cheaper all the way around then what I am paying now or paid last year with Sunday Ticket half off.

Unsmooth-Moment 07-30-2016 01:53 PM

I just called because it was exactly a year ago I did this and all my credits just fell off my account. They gave me $50 off a month for premier package for one year and I had to re-up on another 1 year contract. I mentioned Sunday Ticket but he said no promos on that yet. He told me to check middle of August and it looked like I'd qualify for at least a discount but probably not free.

Titty Meat 07-30-2016 02:27 PM

Be my agent Lew

lewdog 07-30-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12343013)
Be my agent Lew

ROFL

I think some of the others might fair better, although I am happy with what I accomplished. How much whiskey do you have for payment though?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 12342234)
Peyton Manning and Lionel Ritchie in a Directv commercial.

Peyton on Sunday morning. ugh.

We will never be rid of that turd. His commercials are new ghostbuster level abomibations

Demonpenz 07-31-2016 10:01 PM

First it was not renewing my season tickets, then it was canceling my Sunday Ticket, more fishing is upon me.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-31-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12345205)
First it was not renewing my season tickets, then it was canceling my Sunday Ticket, more fishing is upon me.

But you fish all day on CP

Nzoner 08-01-2016 10:17 AM

Been with them since 1999 and didn't get near the discount as years past,still got $20 off a month for a year and the HBO for free for 3 months

Trivers 08-01-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 12345597)
Been with them since 1999 and didn't get near the discount as years past,still got $20 off a month for a year and the HBO for free for 3 months

I respectively suggest you go back.

Been a user since 2001. Friday they offered $50/month off. Plus stated if I call after the 15th, they would give free ST Max with a new 1 year contract.

BleedingRed 08-01-2016 11:27 AM

I'm planning to call soon, maybe I can record and post on here after for us all to laugh at.

Trivers 08-01-2016 11:33 AM

I've called three times. ALL agents stated no renewal Max deals until after 8/15

Fire Me Boy! 08-01-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 12345726)
I've called three times. ALL agents stated no renewal Max deals until after 8/15

Sounds like you're talking to the regular CSRs. You need to get to the retention specialists by threatening to leave DTV.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-01-2016 11:49 AM

They are reading this thread...no doubt

Why Not? 08-01-2016 12:40 PM

I called and cancelled ST today. I call every year and they offer a deal. This year the gal just said "no problem sir, anything else I can help you with?" They just gave me $30 off a month on a deal last month so I'm thinking that's it. I'll watch the free week 1, then I'm in KC week 2 and then I'll call and see what kind of deal I can get. If it's still no deal in going to..........

Absolutely pay what they ask for. Lol