ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW (new)^3 conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285386)

ROYC75 08-13-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10815237)
It's ****ing awful. The fans are pretty embarrased of that cartoon bird.

Do you hate the Big Jay logo on the basketball court ?

Personally, I like the new helmet logo!

BTA, I didn't dislike the previous helmets either.

Bambi 08-13-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10815436)

lol, don't waste your time. KU lives in PGM's head and he'll vehemently hate anything KU related.

The Jayhawk on the helmet is great. I don't care either way about the chrome but the all reds are really nice.

WhawhaWhat 08-13-2014 12:31 PM

I like the helmet too. Not much different than the Missouri one except one is chrome and the other is matte.

http://www.collegehelmetstore.com/missourialtxp.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 08-13-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10815436)

It's just a hideous thing overall. The helmet however ROFL

Bambi 08-13-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10815457)
I like the helmet too. Not much different than the Missouri one except one is chrome and the other is matte.

http://www.collegehelmetstore.com/missourialtxp.jpg

At first I didn't like mizzou's helmet without the M but it has grown on me. Personally I think your best is the black on black.

kepp 08-13-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10815462)
At first I didn't like mizzou's helmet without the M but it has grown on me. Personally I think your best is the black on black.

Yeah, I like that one too.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-13-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10815454)
lol, don't waste your time. KU lives in PGM's head and he'll vehemently hate anything KU related.

The Jayhawk on the helmet is great. I don't care either way about the chrome but the all reds are really nice.

Says the guy arguing for months how big of a failure the SEC Network would be...then calls Time Warner about ordering it ROFL

Bambi 08-13-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10815466)
Says the guy arguing for months how big of a failure the SEC Network would be...then calls Time Warner about ordering it ROFL

dude, get over yourself. you're a ****in bore

Pasta Little Brioni 08-13-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10815467)
dude, get over yourself. you're a ****in bore

Concession of defeat noted

WhawhaWhat 08-13-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10815462)

I like this one the best.

http://media.columbiamissourian.com/..._w600_h475.jpg

Bambi 08-13-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10815468)
Concession of defeat noted

Just happy to see your school getting something mine's had for a couple years now. Congrats

oh wait...mine's free

RustShack 08-13-2014 12:37 PM

KU might be able to partner with Fruit Loops with those new jerseys.

Eleazar 08-13-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10815460)
It's just a hideous thing overall. The helmet however ROFL

the Angry Birds helmet is hokey looking and so is the chrome facemask. (Isn't that going to affect the players' vision?)

But to me the weirdest part is the logo on the shoulder. Why is it blue and white? Why is it off-center?

It's like someone said "Hey, we need cool eye-catching new uniforms like Oregon but we need someone to do this on MS Paint."

WhawhaWhat 08-13-2014 12:41 PM

The best version of the unis from last year.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...10/7791140.jpg

WhawhaWhat 08-13-2014 12:43 PM

Adidas schools end up looking like this though.

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploa...-uniforms.jpeg

Pasta Little Brioni 08-13-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10815476)
the Angry Birds helmet is hokey looking and so is the chrome facemask. (Isn't that going to affect the players' vision?)

But to me the weirdest part is the logo on the shoulder. Why is it blue and white? Why is it off-center?

It's like someone said "Hey, we need cool eye-catching new uniforms like Oregon but we need someone to do this on MS Paint."

It's a good thing the 12 people watching the games won't notice on their 16 inch monitors. But they are watching for free!!

Eleazar 08-13-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10815486)

Nah, these are the best

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content...rt-620x943.jpg

WhawhaWhat 08-13-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10815486)

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...10/7791140.jpg

I just noticed this but look at Josey's calf in this picture. Holy crap.

Bambi 08-13-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10815526)

lol, I was about to post that as your worst.

Something came out of my ass that color the last time I ate Indian food.

Bambi 08-13-2014 01:40 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu8HLboCAAADJg6.jpg:large

Pitt Gorilla 08-15-2014 04:08 PM

Finebaum in HD? Eh...

Bambi 08-15-2014 04:21 PM

omg, these callers...

Pitt Gorilla 08-15-2014 04:27 PM

There is currently much better SEC coverage on College Football Live, SportsCenter, etc.

Prison Bitch 08-15-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10815531)
lol, I was about to post that as your worst.

Something came out of my ass that color the last time I ate Indian food.

I don't care who you are, this post needs to be repped! :thumb:

RustShack 08-15-2014 06:35 PM

@JonRothstein: Iowa State's Dustin Hogue in Cyclones' six postseason games last March: 17.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG. Least appreciated player in America?

kchero 08-15-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10821560)
@JonRothstein: Iowa State's Dustin Hogue in Cyclones' six postseason games last March: 17.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG. Least appreciated player in America?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...d-gif-Hje6.gif

WhawhaWhat 08-15-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

http://images.seroundtable.com/Micha...1370867500.gif

Eleazar 08-15-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't the "least appreciated player" in America probably be one of the worst?

Pasta Little Brioni 08-15-2014 10:26 PM

It's like he has torettes except it's with useless Iowa State crap

KChiefs1 08-16-2014 03:54 PM

More about the SEC Network launch:

http://mrsec.com/articles/the-sec-la...ould-literally

Quote:

The SEC Launches Its Network As Only It Could (Literally)

The world has changed. Can you feel the difference?

Yesterday at 6pm Eastern time, the SEC Network was launched. Available to 90 million homes (a new deal with Mediacom will take that number even higher), commissioner Mike Slive and several of his acolytes pointed out that yesterday's debut was the largest blast-off of any cable network in the history of, well, cable networks. Granted, the media world has changed over the decades as there are now satellite-providers and internet-providers to help drive up the total number of households a virgin channel can reach, but the fact remains -- to use a little Southern vernacular -- the SEC Network done blowed up.

Fans from across the conference were greeted with a seven-minute opening video voiced by lead announcer Brent Musburger and a number of former SEC star athletes. While some ugh-ed and groaned over the venerable broadcaster's appearance, his participation lent the debut gravitas. Quick, name the lead announcer for the Big Ten Network? Then how 'bout the Pac-12 Network? Exactly.

Like him or not, Musburger is an all-timer and using him to kick things off made plenty of sense for a conference that never tires of rightfully telling everyone else just how damn big and bad it is. (Even if Musburger is likely just holding down the fort until Tim Brando arrives on the scene in a couple of years.)

Folks can and will nitpick all aspects of Opening Night. You can bet some fans were already counting the number of times their school was mentioned in comparison to their hated rival. Alabama grad Rece Davis was at Auburn while Missouri grad John Anderson got to shake and howdy with the homefolks back in Columbia. Davis must've lost a coin flip somewhere along the line.

Tony Barnhart -- who should be given a major role with the network -- was simply sent to Starkville to chat with Dan Mullen at a Mississippi State practice. For the South's longtime lead football reporter/columnist, it seemed to be a waste of his talents. There are sideline reporters out there looking for more airtime and any one of them could have handled the "How's practice going, Coach" assignment.

In typical ESPN fashion, anchors Dari Nowkhah and Maria Taylor shared some sort of choreographed high-five for no reason at all. For a network that owned this summer's World Cup with serious, intelligent discussion and presentation, it seems the top brass in Bristol are going to make sure their soldiers in Charlotte deliver plenty of yuks and "swagg."

There was a tease for the TV version of "The Paul Finebaum Show," complete with photos of his most well-known batty callers. Yeah. They'll do wonders when it comes to reversing stereotypes of Southerners. There was also former LSU Tiger Booger McFarland back in the studio to both talk a little football and force Nowkhah and Taylor to use the word "Booger" on national television. (Here's hoping Jadeveon "Doo-Doo" Clowney never winds up working for the channel.)

There were plenty of interviews with coaches and players from all sorts of sports most SEC fans don't follow. Nothing wrong with that. It'll be good for some of the league's other hard-working student-athletes to get some pub every now and again. And how else is ESPN going to fill 24 hours a day of programming?

The first ad aired on the channel was purchased by Belk, the SEC's newest corporate partner and the title sponsor of the SEC's newest bowl partner. Belk is a North Carolina-based company. Toss in the fact that the new channel is based in Charlotte and it's enough to have conspiracy theorists wondering how long it will take the SEC to officially advance over the Smokies and into the Tarheel State.

As for quotes, commissioner Slive had the line of the night when he suggested the new network was "for the kids." Hey, nice sentiment, but the SEC Network was created for the money. The fact that athletes might benefit from the additional exposure is a secondary consideration and everyone knows it.

But through the highs -- that opening segment was a beaut -- and the lows -- as a TV guy myself I felt for the folks who'd worked so hard only to have a microphone here or there drop out on them -- one thought kept running through this viewer's mind -- no other conference could've pulled this thing off. Fan passion was the key to getting every major television-provider in the country on board with a week to spare before launch day. Fan passion was the key to ESPN jumping on board even though they'd just struggled with the launch of their Longhorn Network. And fan passion will sustain the channel in the decades to come.

It can be debated why supporters of SEC schools are so fervent. Perhaps it's because there were no Southern professional teams until the mid-1960s. While Easterners, Midwesterners and even West Coasters had pro teams to support decades earlier, there was nothing Down South to steal fans' interest away from their favorite college teams.

Or maybe folks below the Mason-Dixon line are so attached to their colleges because football was just about the first thing after the Civil War in which Southerners could whip their neighbors from the North. In 1908, LSU won the South's first national football title. Auburn followed four years later. Too bad William Faulkner isn't around to give his take on that theory.

It's also possible that the rural nature of the SEC lends itself to college sports insanity. Aside from Nashville, there are no SEC cities that will be mentioned alongside the nation's largest metropolitan areas. The Columbias, Knoxville and Lexington are a bit more cosmopolitan than Starkville, Oxford and Auburn, but they won't soon be confused with Minneapolis, Detroit or Chicago.

No other conference matches the SEC in football attendance. In the biggest sport that's played in the biggest stadiums, the majority of those big stadiums are located in SEC country. If college football could be played year-round, SEC fans would never tire of it. The same can't be said for other regions of the country where pro baseball, basketball and hockey teams have massive followings.

During the SEC's run of seven consecutive BCS championships, columnists from other parts of the nation picked nits with the fact that Southeastern Conference fans would chant, "S-E-C, S-E-C, S-E-C," at the end of any title game. "A lot of those schools shouldn't do that because they didn't win a title." In Dixie, that argument has long fallen on deaf ears.

SEC schools beat the hell out of one another every fall. Their fans understand that fact and while their might be a lot of heat and rancor between some of the fanbases, there's also a healthy dose of respect. Most North Carolina fans won't pull for Duke to win a basketball national championship for the sake of ACC bragging rights. Good luck getting Ohio State and Michigan fans to root for one another in a show of Big Ten solidarity.

But in the SEC, there's no prompting or prodding necessary. If you watch the SEC Network's opening montage below, you'll see a conference putting its all-for-one and one-for-all mentality front and center before a national audience of millions. Only the Southeastern Conference could pull that off and have it seem believable. That's because for SEC fans it is believable and it is real.

The SEC Network era has begun. Fan passion made it possible. And no other college conference in the country could have so smoothly turned an idea into a 90-million home reality in 18 months.

Well done. To ESPN, the SEC, and to you.

KChiefs1 08-16-2014 04:01 PM

Story about the selection committee:

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?id...79&src=desktop

Pasta Little Brioni 08-16-2014 04:07 PM

Bambi likely has priapism from watching the sec network all weekend

KChiefs1 08-16-2014 04:24 PM

For Bambi & Bitch...:)

Quote:

bleacherreport.com

Inside the SEC's New Moneymaker

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Tim Tebow sports a stylish gray suit as he settles into his seat in a television studio in this nondescript one-story office building in suburban Charlotte. If there is a football uniform in his future, Tebow isn't going to find it here, deep inside ESPN's Southern base of operations.

So is he retired from football? No, Tebow won't say that word. But as he begins his new life as a college football analyst and prepares for Thursday's debut of the much-anticipated SEC Network, maybe he is right where he belongs. Tebow is back in the Southeastern Conference, back in the place where he is most welcomed, embraced and adored, and back in the spotlight.

"We want him to be a star," said Justin Connolly, ESPN's senior vice president of college networks and the executive in charge of the SEC Network. "We want him to resonate and grow his following, which is already monumental. And that, from my perspective, would be great for the SEC Network, it would be great for Tim Tebow, it would be great for the fanbase, it would be great for the legions of folks who follow him."

And it would be great for ESPN, which is about to debut what Disney CEO Bob Iger is already boasting is one of the most successful cable network launches in history.

The SEC Network has a chance to create stars on the field, in front of the camera and maybe even in the executive offices in the coming months and years. So much is possible—and so much is at stake—when the lights go on for the first time Thursday.

1,000 Games or More

If you are an SEC fan, if you live for every football Saturday, if you wear your allegiance on your T-shirt, face paint or tattoo, you will want to turn on your television at 6 p.m. ET. The SEC Network is about to become your world.

Assuming ESPN has done its homework right, you will see something brand new and yet comfortably familiar. You will see your campuses and stadiums, you will hear your war chants, you will almost smell the local food that will be strategically featured to flavor the broadcasts. The SEC Network has worked diligently to capture the essence of the Southeastern Conference lest it comes off as nothing more than a slick ESPN South.

The SEC Network debuts with a three-hour live show, SEC Now, which is the network equivalent of SportsCenter. A shorter version will air every night with news and interviews of some of the top personalities in the conference. Thursday's show will feature live shots from all 14 campuses; appearances by Peyton, Eli and Archie Manning and Shaquille O’Neal, among others; an interview with Nick Saban; and more. Much of the assembled talent—from anchors Dari Nowkhah, Maria Taylor and Peter Burns to on-air personalities Brent Musburger, Joe Tessitore, Tebow, Marcus Spears, Greg McElroy, Booger McFarland, Kaylee Hartung, Paul Finebaum and more—will be on display together for the first time.

The game plan, at least at the start, is to show 1,000 events in the first year of the network—including football, basketball, softball, baseball, soccer and volleyball. Not all will be televised, though. The network has committed to 45 football games, 100 men's basketball games, 60 women's basketball, 75 baseball, 50 softball, 40 volleyball matches and 25 soccer games. Hundreds more events will be streamed live on SECNetwork.com or through the WatchESPN app. Where you see events listed as being on SEC Network Plus, those are digital exclusives of the new network.

And that 1,000 figure? It's a base. The number is going to grow in time.

"Without a doubt, what you see a year from now, what you see six months from now, is going to be different from what you see on there right now today," said Chris Turner, senior director of programming and acquisitions, who is in charge of the digital platform and SECSports.com, the conference's official website, which ESPN will now run.

After laying down an average of nearly four miles of fiberoptic cable to each sports venue at every university in the conference, with nearly 23,400 miles in all connecting the network, the SEC Network will be able to stream from just about everywhere in the conference from day one.

Every conference basketball game that the SEC retains the rights for, both for men and women, will be available either on the network or digital platform. Every baseball and softball game, too. Swimming, gymnastics, tennis—all will likely have some presence. If universities can produce it—and each has upgraded facilities including a completely new $10 million studio at Tennessee as well as 10 new control rooms around the conference—the digital network will stream it.

Driving the Bus

Did we mention there will be football? The SEC Network will be on 24/7/365. Here's betting much of that time is going to be devoted to the sport that has made all of this possible.

"Football will drive this bus for a long time," said Finebaum, an analyst on SEC Nation whose popular radio show will now air on the SEC Network weekdays from 3 to 7 p.m.

Football fans already know the frenzy that surrounds ESPN's College GameDay broadcasts, that pregame show on campus each Saturday morning. That's SEC Nation.

Hosted by Tessitore—with Tebow, Finebaum, Spears and Hartung—SEC Nation will travel to a different campus each week and be shot amid tailgate parties near stadiums. When the first football game to appear on the SEC Network is played on Aug. 28 between Texas A&M and South Carolina, SEC Nation will be at Gamecock Park to kick off the coverage.

Hartung, who once was on a network news track before switching to sports and moving to the Longhorn Network a few years ago, now has arguably the most enviable job in sports.

"I get to tailgate and get paid for it," she said. "For a girl from Baton Rouge, that's a dream come true."

Once the game begins, Musburger takes over the lead play-by-play job, with Jesse Palmer as analyst and Taylor on the sidelines. That's the No. 1 team. The other broadcast teams will pair Matt Stinchcomb with Tom Hart and Andre Ware with Dave Neal. McElroy and McFarland will be in-studio analysts for previews, halftime and wrap-up shows.

Beyond SEC Nation, in-season the SEC Network will have weekly editions of SEC in 60, which compacts two of the previous week's games into one-hour broadcasts; Film Room, where a guest coach from the conference will break down film of a game; and SEC Walkthrough, a look back at previous games. Weekly, coaches' news conferences will be aired.

There will be SEC Storied, a documentary film series that will focus on people, events and memorable moments in the conference. And on weekends, SEC Scoreboard will offer recaps and highlights and SEC Rewind will look back on classic games.

There won't be much of an offseason for football programming, either. National signing day, pro days, spring games and months of season previews will all assure that football will remain the focus of SEC Network.

"Obviously, football is probably the one sport that exists in some form all year," said Dan Margulis, ESPN senior director of programming and acquisition. And Margulis will be sure to program as much of it as he can.

All that attention is bound to create stars on the field, although Palmer said the SEC Network won't overhype them.

"I think it's important to allow that to happen organically," he said.

But the network, no doubt, will provide plenty of fertilizer.

It Started with a Tweet

The on-air talent added so far—and basketball analysts have yet to be announced—is a mix of experience and potential. You know Musburger already. You will soon know folks like Maria Taylor, a 6'2" former volleyball and basketball player at Georgia who worked for Comcast Sports Southeast before moving to ESPN in 2012. She will host SEC Now, report from the sidelines on football broadcasts and work as an analyst for women's basketball and volleyball.

It's a lot of work. But this network is going to be a training ground for talent. For some, it could be a springboard to the mothership, ESPN.

"We're looking to launch careers here of the next great broadcast talent," Connolly said.

By the way, have you noticed a trend in the hires? Spears and McFarland played at LSU. Stinchcomb and Taylor: Georgia. Tebow and Palmer are from Florida and McElroy played at Alabama.

"Most of the folks that we've hired have an SEC connection, know the conference really well, and I think can kind of report and provide a perspective that is a little bit more SEC flavored than nationally flavored," Connolly said. "I think that's important."

It's one way that the SEC Network has tried to be authentic. Graphics, animations and music are another. (The network hasn't even begun yet and it already has its own song. Robert Randolph and the Family Band's "Take the Party" has been rewritten with SEC-inspired lyrics and will open SEC Nation on game-day broadcasts.)

So how did Spears, the former Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman who helped LSU win a BCS championship, land one of the sweetest gigs in all of sports television despite little broadcast experience?

With a tweet.

On a lark last winter, Spears looked up the name of Stephanie Druley, ESPN vice president of college networks, who oversees production of the SEC Network. He found her Twitter handle.

Here's the message he tweeted to Druley: "Follow me back."

Spears had to know he couldn't get a job off of a tweet. But he sent it, anyway.

"I was out of my mind," he said. "But sometimes when you're passionate and you feel something, you've got a take a chance, take a dive."

Druley took a chance, too. She followed him back and then read the 140-character job pitch Spears sent by direct message.

"If anything, he's very resourceful," Druley said, "So we brought him in and he was good."

Note to all broadcasting hopefuls and ESPN wannabes: Druley is no longer hiring via Twitter.

And a Quarterback Shall Lead Them

Back when Connolly was a young executive at Disney, he went bungee jumping north of Los Angeles. He called it petrifying. So how does that compare to starting a national network from scratch?

"I think starting a network is more nerve-racking," he said.

Connolly, 38, is a Harvard Business School graduate who came from the distribution side of ESPN before he was named vice president of college networks in December 2012 to run the Longhorn Network and later the SEC Network.

Don't worry. The former prep school quarterback, point guard and center fielder from Massachusetts is not all Yankee blue blood. Connolly actually has a bit of SEC in him, too, having spent time at Vanderbilt before transferring to Harvard as an undergraduate.

Connolly has twice made the Sports Business Journal's "40 Under 40" list of up-and-coming executives in the industry. Running a network is a big step up, and one that Connolly pushed for, but perhaps it's a natural progression in a rising trajectory that could land him in a C-suite someday.

Of course, that depends on whether the SEC Network is a success. But it would be hard to bet against it right now. Some of the most significant struggles of the Pac-12 Network, the Big Ten Network and the Longhorn Network have been the inability to get carriers to include them in their cable or satellite packages at launch.

The SEC Network will have no such concerns at the beginning. With recent announcements that DirecTV and Charter Communications are on board, the network will be available to 90 million households nationwide right away—almost as many as the nearly 100 million that get ESPN. By comparison, the Big Ten Network began with 17 million homes at its launch in 2007 and now is up to 52 million.

How's this for coverage: The new network will even be beamed to the International Space Station so that NASA Capt. Barry Wilmore can watch his beloved SEC while stationed there for six months.

In truth, carriers didn't have much choice but to add the SEC Network, despite fees that Derek Baine, senior analyst at SNL Kagan, confirmed would be in the range of $1.30 per subscriber in the 11-state conference footprint and 25 cents nationally. That's well above the $1.05 in market/5 cents nationally the Big Ten Network is able to generate.

"This is an easy decision for our company to make," said Joseph Clayton, CEO of Dish Network and one of the first to sign up for the SEC Network. "Not only do we have a customer base here in the SEC geographic footprint, I'm from Kentucky, our chairman's from Tennessee—we understand the passion, the heritage, the tradition, the motivation of the Southeastern Conference fans."

Added Finebaum, who recently wrote the book, My Conference Can Beat Your Conference: Why the SEC Still Rules College Football, "The SEC is a lot more than BCS championships or sold-out stadiums. It's a culture, it's a way of life and I think that's why the SEC Network is getting the distribution it is. I think some of these companies really don't want to have to come to work the next day if the word gets out they're not broadcasting it."

As for the asking price, it might not seem like a lot. But it is one more sign that sports is straining the business model for carriers.

"Are they creating any new SEC football or basketball games or Dodger baseball games or Pac-12 football or basketball games?" asked Dan York, DirecTV chief content officer. "No. What these leagues and conferences and content networks have done is re-sliced the pie and put on substantially higher prices for the exact same product with the expectation that consumers will just foot that bill, including those who will never watch one of those games. That is an unsustainable and unreasonable model."

Indeed, some say the rising cost of sports networks is driving some of the major consolidation in the industry, including the possible purchase of DirecTV by AT&T.

ESPN is the leader in that regard, garnering $6.04 per subscriber nationally. And the SEC Network is one more slice of that pie; SNL Kagan’s Baine confirmed the conference and ESPN will split revenues generated by the subscriber fees 50-50 after expenses. In turn, each university will pocket millions from the network.

Some of that money will go to athletes, who will receive more benefits as a result of the new power-five autonomy model and the recent decision in the Ed O'Bannon court case that will ultimately result in schools creating trust funds for players.

"Clearly there is going to be a need for some reallocation of resources on the basis of the autonomy model that we put forth," SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said last month in anticipation of changes to player benefits, "to the extent that we can help our institutions with that we'd love to."

The SEC Network will also shine a national spotlight on the 14 universities, which will no doubt impact everything from recruiting to alumni contributions.

"For everyone involved, it will bring unparalleled exposure to our total sports programs across the footprint of the Southeastern Conference and it will begin to generate new fans from outside the regions of the 14 schools," said Dave Hart, Tennessee vice chancellor and athletic director. "It transcends the athletics department at all 14 schools, without a question, because it will bring that same level of exposure to a university."

The only glitch right now: Good luck finding the SEC Network on your television. The channel finder on SECNetwork.com is still incomplete.

Tebow's Platform

When the new SEC Nation crew made an appearance in Nashville earlier in the summer and addressed the fans who had gathered, Tebow took a moment to walk out into the crowd and hugged a man in a wheelchair. Immediately, he was engulfed by hundreds of fans.

"I've only seen Billy Graham in his heyday on television, but I can imagine it was a similar scene back in the '40s and '50s and '60s in a stadium," Finebaum said. "It was breathtaking to watch."

That's the power of Tebow. The question is what he will do with it now that he has this platform.

After years of facing scrutiny for his evangelism, will Tebow now be able to wear his religion on his sleeve the way he wore it on his eyeblack as a player? If ever there was a market that would embrace it, isn't the Southeastern Conference it?

"First of all, you've got to be who you are," Tebow said. "You've got to be authentic, you've got to be real. But my job and what I'm asked to do and what I'm paid to do is give my opinion on football players on teams on coaches and the games—on what is happening on the field—and that's what I'm going to do."

If he succeeds at that, there's no telling how much greater his following will be. And what might come next. Those are the stakes for Tebow.

How will it all play out? We'll find out starting Thursday.

Stay tuned.

Viv Bernstein is a freelance journalist based in Charlotte. She has been a regular contributor to The New York Times for 12 years and has covered everything from the Democratic National Convention to the Daytona 500. Bernstein has written for USA Today, The Washington Post, ESPN.com, espnW.com and previously was a staff writer for the Detroit Free Press, Hartford Courant and Raleigh's The News & Observer.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-16-2014 04:35 PM

With the smashing success of the network, the chasm continues to grow between the sec and everyone else

Bambi 08-16-2014 05:16 PM

Maybe all the millions will help Alabama catch up with Oklahoma talent wise.

Regarding the network, watched a bit of the Paul Finebaum show and all I have to say about the conference you boys joined....

How many words for "redneck" are out there? Lol

KChiefs1 08-16-2014 05:18 PM

Last one tonight as I settle in to watch the Royals.

Quote:

nytimes.com

30 SECONDS WITH PAUL FINEBAUM

An SEC Partisan on Rooting for Greatness

Originally a newspaper reporter, Paul Finebaum found himself on the business end of a microphone 30 years ago when he began hosting a Birmingham, Ala.-based sports radio show called “Fussin’ With Finebaum.”

“I was in the right place at the right time,” he writes in his new book, “My Conference Can Beat Your Conference,” which he collaborated on with a longtime friend, the ESPN national columnist Gene Wojciechowski.

Finebaum’s show, now on ESPN Radio, is Southern football’s fireside chat, except all the heat comes from the callers. Most infamous was Al from Dadeville, a die-hard Alabama fan whose real name is Harvey Updyke Jr. and who announced on Finebaum’s show that he had poisoned the two beloved oaks at Toomer’s Corner in Auburn.

Finebaum, who will have a prominent role in the newly launched SEC Network, is a patriot of the Southeastern Conference, his book a chest-beating paean. “Why not root for greatness?” he writes in the introduction.

The book is centered on last season, when Alabama, the early favorite to win the Bowl Championship Series title, lost to Auburn in the Iron Bowl in perhaps the most dramatic ending in college football history. Auburn then fell to Florida State in the championship game, ending the SEC’s title streak.

Q. Had you hoped to write about the eighth consecutive SEC championship in the book?

A. I think naturally you start with the hope that the SEC will win. I thought the three-peat for Alabama was a delicious story, although I will say as the season began to unfold, it became tedious — whether that was Alabama fatigue or SEC fatigue. But I wouldn’t change a thing. This is a nonfiction book, but in some ways it’s almost a make-believe story.

Q. To sound like one of your callers: Has Alabama Coach Nick Saban lost his magic after a loss to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl? Or will the hiring of Lane Kiffin as offensive coordinator help right the ship?

A. I don’t think he has. Right after the Oklahoma game, I doubted like everyone else. I’ve seen him a number of times since then. I think the Kiffin hire was smart — he decided to try something new. He continues to recruit in almost unbelievable fashion. I think Alabama is well positioned.

Q. You say the SEC is “indestructible.” Yet with concerns about head trauma and the future of college sports, those are two things that could destroy SEC football. Why won’t they?

A. I’m not going to be disingenuous and say it can’t change. The SEC is built for the long term because there are so many quality teams and the competition is so intense. But no, in all candor, things can change very quickly in this world.

Q. The SEC commissioner, Mike Slive, a friend of yours, said he was “pleased” by the O’Bannon ruling. Can you translate?

A. I think there’s a little bit of a reality check. Mike Slive is a very compassionate, considerate lawyer who I think deeply cares about the student-athlete. The whole Power 5 deal, he was a big part of that. He sees the future. He sees what’s happening at Northwestern. If you don’t start paying homage to the student-athlete, you’re going to get run over. Mark Emmert could learn from that.

Q. You devoted an entire section to Texas A&M. Are the Aggies the next SEC football power?

A. No doubt. They are the most legitimate threat to Alabama. That is an incredibly powerful group of people — one of the most potent alumni groups in the country. It doesn’t hurt that the governor who’s been in power since George W. Bush ascended to the presidency is the No. 1 Aggie. I’m not saying they’ll take over the SEC, but they’ll win the SEC, and when they do, you better watch out.

Q. You said you weren’t a fan of the way the rape allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston were handled, but you also voted for him to win the Heisman. How do you negotiate that?

A. I didn’t like the way it was done. The whole thing had a putrid smell. But you have to adhere to the laws, and if they weren’t going to prosecute him — and I knew a lot less than they did — I didn’t think he should be denied the Heisman.

Q. Both you and your employer, ESPN, have a large stake in college football and the SEC. Do you feel free to be critical?

A. I do. No one at any time has ever said to me, “We don’t want you to do this.”

Q. Have you had any contact with the rapper Drake since last year, when he compared you to his history teacher after you scolded his friend Johnny Manziel?

A. No. That was such a cool experience for someone of my generation. It gave me tremendous street cred.

Q. Which is your second-favorite conference?

A. I’m not trying to come up with a sequel, but I think the Pac-12 is clearly No. 2, and after that I don’t think it’s much of a contest. When we went into this, we thought it was going to be a little bit of an in-your-face toward the Big Ten. I thought I would spend most of my time attacking the Big Ten in fun, and it’s not even fun.

Bambi 08-16-2014 05:21 PM

Yes, this real

http://thegboatdotnet.files.wordpres...eld-lounge.jpg

Bambi 08-16-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10823595)
Last one tonight as I settle in to watch the Royals.

Finebaums fair. He calls people out when they aren't at the top if their game including mike Francesca and the Jamies Winston case.

Bambi 08-16-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10823500)
With the smashing success of the network, the chasm continues to grow between the sec and everyone else

Welcome to having extended coverage of your school. It's taken a while for you guys to catch up with us when it comes to sporting events for your team. Hope you enjoy it!

Pitt Gorilla 08-16-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10823598)

Reminds me of these:

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...49ee54b77d1e0d

Bambi 08-16-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10823767)

Why are you posting a picture of a mock up? ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 08-16-2014 06:17 PM

Not seeing a network covering t he big bevo or the pilgrims anywhere and I have all the sports networks. ..

Bambi 08-16-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10823807)
Not seeing a network covering t he big bevo or the pilgrims anywhere and I have all the sports networks. ..

Here you go, enjoy some KU Softball all night long!

http://jayhawks.kuathletics.com/espn/

Sully 08-18-2014 03:12 PM

I'm confused.
The University of Oklahoma suspended a player for the season, today, for assault.

They are simultaneously trying to make sure a player Mizzou released for assault doesn't have to sit out a year after transferring there.

Bambi 08-18-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10829646)
I'm confused.
The University of Oklahoma suspended a player for the season, today, for assault.

They are simultaneously trying to make sure a player Mizzou released for assault doesn't have to sit out a year after transferring there.

DGB wasn't arrested or charged with a crime was he?

I def think it's a bit shady that OU is trying to get DGB eligible but I give them credit for suspending Mixon. Sounds like they aren't going to let him practice or anything so it's not like they're just "redshirting" him.

WhawhaWhat 08-19-2014 11:32 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ohio State QB Braxton Miller is out for the season. <a href="https://t.co/ezvNhAkRdU">https://t.co/ezvNhAkRdU</a></p>&mdash; Sporting News (@sportingnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportingnews/statuses/501780464856596480">August 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Prison Bitch 08-19-2014 11:34 AM

Fascinating realignment news

WilliamTheIrish 08-19-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10832003)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ohio State QB Braxton Miller is out for the season. <a href="https://t.co/ezvNhAkRdU">https://t.co/ezvNhAkRdU</a></p>&mdash; Sporting News (@sportingnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportingnews/statuses/501780464856596480">August 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thats going to realign the Leaders and jr. Legends divisions.

WhawhaWhat 08-19-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10832010)
Fascinating realignment news

Was there a college football thread I missed?

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10832021)
Was there a college football thread I missed?

Ignore him. Ku wasn't wanted in realignment, so I have no idea what he's doing here anyway other than stalking mizzou.

RustShack 08-19-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10821967)
Wouldn't the "least appreciated player" in America probably be one of the worst?

Umm no. He means a good player that no one talks about.

KChiefs1 08-19-2014 11:49 PM

Another story about the biggest failure in sports history:

Quote:

www.rantsports.com

SEC Network Launch a Colossal Success

The SEC Network launch is the most successful launch of a cable network in history.

According to Disney CEO Bob Iger and SEC Commissioner Mike Slive, the statement above is absolutely true. Although dollar amounts and ratings numbers have not been released, the media mogul and the leader of the country’s most powerful sports conference are not likely to sugarcoat what the country will know in just a few short days. The date of Aug. 14, 2014 will be bookmarked in conference history.

For the past five days, televisions across the country have been witness to nonstop discussion about the upcoming 2014 season, insider reports from practices all over the south, prognostications and analysis about every SEC football squad. It has been the answer to the prayers of many southerners who would forego any professional sporting event to affix their posteriors in a stadium seat on a Saturday afternoon. The fans’ fixation on college football is being appeased on levels that will keep them glued to the SEC Network all year.

It has been a week of nostalgia. Replays of past glories have whet the appetite of lifelong SEC loyalists as well as young fans wanting a glimpse of what the league was like prior to the BCS days. Images of Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson decimating defenses or Alabama holding strong on the goal line against Penn State in 1979 brought a sense of pride to many who had forgotten what those gameslooked and felt like.

It has also been a week of newness. Announcers have been introduced and they will be the lifeblood of the program for the next four months. Personalities like Paul Finebaum, Tony Barnhart, Jesse Palmer, Tim Tebow and Brent Musberger will draw even more viewers when the season kicks off on Aug. 28. Nobody knows how the coverage will be, but with this lineup, it is hard to imagine anything less than superb.

The south’s greatest tradition, other than sweet tea, is now on display for the world to see. Many fans of other conferences are probably sick of it already, but the successful launch of the network will line all of the right pockets and ensure the network’s existence for years to come.

Brad Stephens is an SEC Football writer. Feel free to follow on Twitter @bradstephens320 or add to your Google network.

KChiefs1 08-19-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10823607)
Finebaums fair. He calls people out when they aren't at the top if their game including mike Francesca and the Jamies Winston case.

Another Finebaum story for Bambi.

Quote:

www.redcuprebellion.com

Ole Misc.: I read a Book by Paul Finebaum, and was Rather Entertained by it

It's the offseason, which means we're reading about football as opposed to, you know, watching it.

To get myself excited for the SEC football season, I thought I'd read something very stereotypically - almost annoyingly stereogypically - SEC. I got my hands on a copy of Paul Finebaum's "My Conference Can Beat Up Your Conference," a several-hundred page fluff piece of the Southeastern Conference written by a man who is both simultaneously the pride and ire of the conference's media image, Paul Finebaum.

Written with the jabbing sense of humor you'd come to expect from listening to his show, the book is an autobiography of sorts, chronicling Finebaum's becoming a sports journalist and radio host, eventually becoming one of the more recognizable names in Southern sports media after toiling through miserable work at a handful of now-defunct regional newspapers. It also details his transformation from an avid baseball fan - one who grew up in SEC-country but didn't care much for SEC football - to perhaps the league's most ardent and public champions.

It also details his experiences covering the conference as a part of ESPN's College Gameday and, eventually, the SEC Network as a part of last season. Given that last season culminated in a Florida State BCS title - over Auburn, no less - to end the conference's unprecedented streak of national titles, the book comes off as a response piece of sorts. Maybe it should be titled "My Conference Can STILL Beat Up Your Conference," but either way his point is well made. Florida State might have hoisted the crystal football last year, but Jimbo Fisher used the SEC formula to get there, and that one game doesn't invalidate the facts that the SEC recruits the best players, puts the most players in the NFL, earns the most revenue, has a gigantic media footprint, and has established itself as an international brad of college football excellence.

Nobody can say the same. So Paul Finebaum, while annoying to many as being too pro-SEC/Alabama/Auburn/whomeveryoudislike, isn't exactly wrong at all. The SEC is the best conference in college football, and he's not at all shy about that.

Other Links:

Pick Six Previews has Ole Miss finishing second in the SEC West this year. I'm sure that'll upset a lot of people.

ESPN.com's Edward Aschoff has two stories you'd probably be interested in. The first is a look at the Rebels' super sophomores, and what they'll mean to this program. The second is a more in-depth look at one of those sophomores, Robert Nkemdiche. Nkemdiche, it seems, is a bit of a character in his own right. He's particularly interested in skateboarding, which is cool and all, but I don't want our star defensive tackle missing an SEC contest or two because he sprained an ankle trying to pull off a sick ollie (bro) at the Oxford skate park.

Ole Miss gets just over $2M from Nike as an equipment allowance. Why does that seem low to me?

And, Finally, Some Video:

Fins up, y'all. We're less than two weeks away from actual Ole Miss Rebel football. Get excited.

KChiefs1 08-20-2014 12:06 AM

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...rel-contracts/

Quote:

Ever wonder how much footwear giants pay SEC schools to wear their apparel?

BizJournals.com did a feature on Nike, Adidas and Under Armour and how much they pay every school, and you can read about the study here.

RELATED: SEC football uniforms by these apparel companies

You can also view specific details of each school in the details link column below, and if the schools aren’t included, the university likely didn’t respond to the request.

Nike, Adidas and Under Armour will pour more than $250 million into athletic departments this year. Michigan has the largest account in the database with Adidas, which pays the university $4.4 million and another $3.8 million in cash annually.

As you can see below, LSU gets the most from the apparel allowance with $3.1 million with Nike, while Auburn gets the most cash from Under Armour at $1.75 million.

Arkansas, Mississippi State, Tennessee or Vanderbilt weren’t included in the database.

University Company Equipment & apparel allowance Cash Details link
LSU Nike $3,100,000 $1,000,000 View Details
Alabama Nike $2,690,000 $780,000 View Details
Auburn Under Armour $2,500,000 $1,750,000 View Details
Texas A&M Adidas $2,300,000 $1,417,249 View Details
Missouri Nike $2,200,000 $150,000 View Details
Florida Nike $2,085,600 View Details
Ole Miss Nike $2,050,000 View Details
USC Under Armour $2,050,000 $1,050,000 View Details
Georgia Nike $1,770,000 $600,000 View Details
Kentucky Nike $1,600,000 $1,800,000 View Details

Prison Bitch 08-20-2014 07:25 AM

Thank you for posting that article from January.

Unfortunately, it was already discussed back then because Kansas has the 2nd or 3rd biggest apparel deal in the country, twice the amount Alabama gets and (like always) far outpacing Mizzery. #moneyDoesn'tMatter

blake5676 08-20-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10834615)
Thank you for posting that article from January.

Unfortunately, it was already discussed back then because Kansas has the 2nd or 3rd biggest apparel deal in the country, twice the amount Alabama gets and (like always) far outpacing Mizzery. #moneyDoesn'tMatter

Link? Not saying untrue, just curious to see it.

Bambi 08-20-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10834419)

Those numbers seem really low.

WhawhaWhat 08-20-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 10834723)
Link? Not saying untrue, just curious to see it.

Kansas is $4.6 million but per the article and their chart, they receive $2.3 million in equipment at wholesale price, a $4.6 million retail value. They also get $1.5 million cash. They also link the actual contact if you want to read it.

Mizzou is listed at $2.2 million but it doesn't clarify wholesale or retail value, unless it's in the contract somewhere but I'm not reading it.

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...cordPosition=1

Prison Bitch 08-20-2014 09:28 AM

Kansas gets 6.1m vs Bammy at 3.5m. Direct cash is 1.5m vs 0.75m. Kansas' deal is superior to Bammy.

This is a stupid conversation anyway since as Bambi notes, these numbers aren't big anyway. Bammy still generates much more overall revenue via ticket sales (nearly all from football). All this says is what apparel companies think of the brands - and top hoops schools have huge deals. #basketballDoesntMatter

RustShack 08-20-2014 09:36 AM

"We can't beat you on the field(the only thing anyone cares about), but we beat you in fruit loops jerseys!"

I feel like that's all I'm reading right now.

WhawhaWhat 08-20-2014 09:43 AM

I was looking at Alabama's numbers and found this:

Quote:

Head football coach Nick Saban's contract has since been extended. When the university extended the deal through 2018, Nike wrote a $1 million check to the Crimson Tide Foundation and a $1 million check to the university
Just for the coach. :eek:

RustShack 08-20-2014 10:26 AM

http://livability.com/top-10/10-best-college-towns-2014

Ames Iowa, #1 college town in America.

duncan_idaho 08-20-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10834994)
http://livability.com/top-10/10-best-college-towns-2014

Ames Iowa, #1 college town in America.

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

Ames, Iowa is a miserable pile of shit town. I went there once during the Big 12 days. It's so bad, I would rather drive from KC to Lubbock than visit Ames again.

WilliamTheIrish 08-20-2014 10:48 AM

Ames is all right. I do appreciate that they offer floatation devices upon arrival. Especially in the spring.

Eleazar 08-20-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10835055)
Ames is all right. I do appreciate that they offer floatation devices upon arrival. Especially in the spring.

Come on, not ALL the coeds in Ames could be used as floatation devices...

WhawhaWhat 08-20-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10835266)
Come on, not ALL the coeds in Ames could be used as floatation devices...

I would like to volunteer to lay on top of them to test them out though. Then you guys will know which ones are safe.

Safety first.

Prison Bitch 08-20-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10834861)
"We can't beat you on the field(the only thing anyone cares about), but we beat you in fruit loops jerseys!"

I feel like that's all I'm reading right now.

You've been totally dominated by KU in basketball, about split in football, and yet are talking shit.

You know what other fan base you'd fit in perfectly with?

WhawhaWhat 08-20-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10835415)
You've been totally dominated by KU in basketball, about split in football, and yet are talking shit.

You know what other fan base you'd fit in perfectly with?

Topeka YMCA

Pasta Little Brioni 08-20-2014 12:44 PM

I see my earlier post was ignored. Hey dipshits nobody wanted you in realignment. Why are you in here? Since you decided to call someone out come pay the piper you mizzou stalking douches.

Discuss Thrower 08-20-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10835472)
I see my earlier post was ignored. Hey dipshits nobody wanted you in realignment. Why are you in here? Since you decided to call someone out come pay the piper you mizzou stalking douches.

But nobody cares about Mizzou. Big10 proved that. /s

Eleazar 08-20-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10835472)
Hey dipshits nobody wanted you in realignment. Why are you in here?

Could you clarify which group you are referring to?

Pasta Little Brioni 08-20-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10835481)
Could you clarify which group you are referring to?

Cartoon pilgrim birds and guess add homershack too

Bambi 08-20-2014 06:36 PM

I just keep coming to this thread to see when KU is morning to the Mountain West.

I was told that by many posters in this thread.

I don't want to miss it.

TribalElder 08-20-2014 06:39 PM

lol... give it time.

Bambi 08-20-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10834843)
Kansas gets 6.1m vs Bammy at 3.5m. Direct cash is 1.5m vs 0.75m. Kansas' deal is superior to Bammy.

This is a stupid conversation anyway since as Bambi notes, these numbers aren't big anyway. Bammy still generates much more overall revenue via ticket sales (nearly all from football). All this says is what apparel companies think of the brands - and top hoops schools have huge deals. #basketballDoesntMatter

College Basketball advertising revenue dominates College Football so it would make sense that this principle extends to apparel branding.

Teams like Mizzou are very interchangeable with others in Football, they are the third most popular "Tigers" in their conference alone…that's actually seems quite difficult to achieve, but they do it.

Mizzou's value is in their tv sets, not accomplishments on the field.

Iowa State literally has no value at all being that they have a very low population, the 2nd most popular school in their state, and virtually nothing to note when it comes to athletic achievement.

TribalElder 08-20-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10836259)
College Basketball advertising revenue dominates College Football so it would make sense that this principle extends to apparel branding.

Teams like Mizzou are very interchangeable with others in Football, they are the third most popular "Tigers" in their conference alone…that's actually seems quite difficult to achieve, but they do it.

Iowa State literally has no value at all being that they have a very low population, the 2nd most popular school in their state, and virtually nothing to note when it comes to athletic achievement.

Mangino is going to MANSEX charlie

it's coming

Eleazar 08-20-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10836231)
I just keep coming to this thread to see when KU is morning to the Mountain West.

I was told that by many posters in this thread.

I don't want to miss it.

You could add a couple more bottom feeders to get back to 12 teams, and then the conference would essentially be the mountain west plus Oklahoma.

Pitt Gorilla 08-20-2014 07:47 PM

CLC NAMES TOP SELLING UNIVERSITIES AND MANUFACTURERS FOR 2013-14

http://www.clc.com/News/Annual-Rankings-2013-14.aspx

Bambi 08-20-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10836470)
CLC NAMES TOP SELLING UNIVERSITIES AND MANUFACTURERS FOR 2013-14

http://www.clc.com/News/Annual-Rankings-2013-14.aspx

Good to see everyone is still UT's bitch.

Prison Bitch 08-20-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10836259)

Yeah. I doubt many teens are buying Bammy jerseys or cleats.

Quote:

Repped.

Quote:

Mizzou's only value was that they were one of only 2 schools available for the SEC to choose. It was them or West Virginia. That isn't exactly a high hurdle to clear.