ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ellen Page is gay (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281494)

Baby Lee 02-15-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435763)
Come on, people. Swing the bat!

Given my prior position on the depravity and hubris of judging others, I can't but feel that you are trying to recruit me onto a degenerate path.

Direckshun 02-15-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10435766)
Don't make this a white brown black thing.

Another thing I've pointed out over the years, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth we have over race here, the Japanese are stereotyping and bullying over minute facial differences we wouldn't even register.

It is primal AND UNIVERSAL to differentiate and assert dominance.

It's not some singular pasty white guy invention.

I just picked an easy and obvious target, and said as much.

If you want to respond to what I asked earlier, go for it.

J Diddy 02-15-2014 11:53 PM

In an attempt to convenience me by asking and inconvenience you by not looking it up, I offer this simple little question:

Who the **** is Ellen Page?

Direckshun 02-15-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10435770)
Given my prior position on the depravity and hubris of judging others, I can't but feel that you are trying to recruit me onto a degenerate path.

I hear your posts in the voice of Boyd Crowder of Justified.

patteeu 02-15-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435763)
Come on, people. Swing the bat!

OK. The difference identified was that in one case disapproval is based on a characteristic that cannot be changed and in the other it's based on behavior that is a choice.

I'm not sure I understand your scope and severity question. Could you clarify it for me? Obviously, some people might find one behavior objectionable while not finding another objectionable to the same degree (e.g. homosexual activity vs. wearing objectionable clothing).

Donger 02-15-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435768)
I don't understand how they're different.

The distinction pat and BL have been making. Disapproving of a person being gay because that's abnormal is no different than disapproving of a person being a racial minority because that's abnormal.

On the other hand, disapproving of a person acting gay because it's proactive is no real different than disapproving of a person using similarly unapproved language or wearing unapproved clothes.

Either way, it's not clear to me why this is a view that must be included in the pluralism of public schools, or society in general.

You are, presumably intentionally, ignoring the biological aspect of the discussion. Which is fine.

Moot, but fine.

Try another.

Direckshun 02-15-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10435772)
In an attempt to convenience me by asking and inconvenience you by not looking it up, I offer this simple little question:

Who the **** is Ellen Page?

I'm actually amazed she's not more famous. She's a really good actress, if limited.

I think she's just been cornered by how amazing she was in Juno. She is Juno.

Baby Lee 02-15-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435773)
I hear your posts in the voice of Boyd Crowder of Justified.

Well, luckily he's proven himself a race traitor, so I have that monkey off my back [NPI].

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-15-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435778)
I'm actually amazed she's not more famous. She's a really good actress, if limited.

I'm not a fan

Direckshun 02-15-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10435774)
I'm not sure I understand your scope and severity question. Could you clarify it for me? Obviously, some people might find one behavior objectionable while not finding another objectionable to the same degree (e.g. homosexual activity vs. wearing objectionable clothing).

No clarification necessary. Your final sentence there shows you understood what I meant.

I guess I don't understand why homosexuality is a big screaming deal, and telling a basic, innocent lie (like lying about your age or weight on the internet) is lesser of one. One's a freaking commandment, and it ain't the gay one.

Baby Lee 02-15-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

No, Diablo Cody was Juno. Ellen just embodied her very credibly.

Direckshun 02-15-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10435779)
Well, luckily he's proven himself a race traitor, so I have that monkey off my back [NPI].

LMAO

Direckshun 02-15-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10435775)
You are, presumably intentionally, ignoring the biological aspect of the discussion. Which is fine.

Moot, but fine.

Try another.

They're both biological aspects of a person. Sexual orientation, and race.

patteeu 02-16-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Imagine the outrage if they had cast Brad Pitt to play Jackie Robinson in the movie "42" in black face. Shouldn't we be outraged that they let a lesbian play Juno?

Baby Lee 02-16-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435784)

I think he's referring to the biological response to observation.

Baby Lee 02-16-2014 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10435785)
Imagine the outrage if they had cast Brad Pitt to play Jackie Robinson in the movie "42" in black face. Shouldn't we be outraged that they let a lesbian play Juno?

Why? They let one play Bleeker.

Donger 02-16-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435784)

Sine it's rather obvious to me that you are aware of differences between skin color and the abnormality of homosexuality, I see no reason to continue the discussion with you.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10435786)
I think he's referring to the biological response to observation.

I don't follow.

patteeu 02-16-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435781)
No clarification necessary. Your final sentence there shows you understood what I meant.

I guess I don't understand why homosexuality is a big screaming deal, and telling a basic, innocent lie (like lying about your age or weight on the internet) is lesser of one. One's a freaking commandment, and it ain't the gay one.

I don't really understand it either. It would make sense to me if a religious person opposed homosexuality to the same degree as adultery or the use of contraception (depending on their specific religious beliefs), but it doesn't make sense to me that it outranks so many of the ten commandments for many Christians.

Baby Lee 02-16-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435790)
I don't follow.

Visually observing homosexual acts and exhibiting a physical visceral response.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10435789)
Sine it's rather obvious to me that you are aware of differences between skin color and the abnormality of homosexuality, I see no reason to continue the discussion with you.

Man, you guys are pussing out left and right in this thread. Totally unexpected, I must admit.

I don't see any reason why disapproving of somebody's sexual orientation is any less abhorrent than disapproving of somebody's race. If there's a deeper truth that clearly explains it, I'm love to hear it.

So far, the only response I've gotten from you is I'm stupid. Which may be correct, but it's not exactly a deal-sealer in terms of this discussion.

J Diddy 02-16-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Juno?

Seriously?

She used pussy licking to get back on the map.

Donger 02-16-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435795)
Man, you guys are pussing out left and right in this thread. Totally unexpected, I must admit.

I don't see any reason why disapproving of somebody's sexual orientation is any less abhorrent than disapproving of somebody's race. If there's a deeper truth that clearly explains it, I'm love to hear it.

So far, the only response I've gotten from you is I'm stupid. Which may be correct, but it's not exactly a deal-sealer in terms of this discussion.

Just to play along, since you're obviously bored.

A person's race has nothing to do with their sexual abnormality. See, homosexuality invades all races. Biology doesn't discriminate.

Baby Lee 02-16-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10435793)
I don't really understand it either. It would make sense to me if a religious person opposed homosexuality to the same degree as adultery or the use of contraception (depending on their specific religious beliefs), but it doesn't make sense to me that it outranks so many of the ten commandments for many Christians.

Again, just speaking for me. But I define sin as separation from communion with God. I don't ranks sins, and I don't judge the sins of others.

Each person must evaluate for themselves how their thoughts and actions impact their relationship with God, and I would hope that they would seek to optimize their thoughts and behaviors to that end.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10435793)

I guess because it's an Other thing. "I am not homosexual and never want to be, therefore the homosexual is The Other, and therefore condemned and must be rigidly treated as such."

But bearing false witness, taking the Lord's name in vain, coveting thy neighbor's shit -- "I do that stuff regularly, so... yeah it's condemned, but let's be people here."

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10435796)
Juno?

Seriously?

She used pussy licking to get back on the map.

Uh, wow. What movie was that?

nychief 02-16-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10435785)

i hope youre being sarcastic.

patteeu 02-16-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10435798)
Again, just speaking for me. But I define sin as separation from communion with God. I don't ranks sins, and I don't judge the sins of others.

Each person must evaluate for themselves how their thoughts and actions impact their relationship with God, and I would hope that they would seek to optimize theirs thoughts and behaviors to that end.

I don't see you as one of the people I was describing. I recognize that you oppose gay marriage and you hilariously make fun of these "I'm gay! announcements, but I don't get the sense that you are outraged by homosexuality the way some people seem to be.

patteeu 02-16-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 10435805)
i hope youre being sarcastic.

I think it's dumb that white people can't put on some makeup and play a black person. They're actors, afterall.

patteeu 02-16-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435799)
I guess because it's an Other thing. "I am not homosexual and never want to be, therefore the homosexual is The Other, and therefore condemned and must be rigidly treated as such."

But bearing false witness, taking the Lord's name in vain, coveting thy neighbor's shit -- "I do that stuff regularly, so... yeah it's condemned, but let's be people here."

That's probably right.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10435797)
Just to play along, since you're obviously bored.

A person's race has nothing to do with their sexual abnormality. See, homosexuality invades all races. Biology doesn't discriminate.

I just simply don't understand.

"Biology doesn't discriminate. Except when it comes to sexual orientation, so if biology gives somebody an abnormal sexual orientation, it is less abhorrent to disapprove of it, than it would be to disapprove of a person's ace."

Tell me what part of that paragraph doesn't represent your point of view, and why. Because that's what I'm hearing.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-16-2014 12:13 AM

1 or 2 more gay threads and Donger might hit 100k by Easter

J Diddy 02-16-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435803)
Uh, wow. What movie was that?

The one I might watch.

Juno made me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer.....(mostly due to her acting and her well documented acting style)

Donger 02-16-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435809)
I just simply don't understand.

"Biology doesn't discriminate. Except when it comes to sexual orientation, so if biology gives somebody an abnormal sexual orientation, it is less abhorrent to disapprove of it, than it would be to disapprove of a person's ace."

Tell me what part of that paragraph doesn't represent your point of view, and why. Because that's what I'm hearing.

Skin color is a relative abnormality. Homosexuality isn't.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10435810)

LMAO

J Diddy 02-16-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10435814)

Shut the **** up you Queen loving English Bob bastard.

Donger 02-16-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10435810)

Throw in a "Big Oil SUCKS!" thread and I'm there.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10435811)
The one I might watch.

Juno made me want to hit myself in the head with a hammer.....(mostly due to her acting and her well documented acting style)

I really liked it. I like movies that have their own unique feel to them.

But, yeah, lesbianism would have really bumped it up a notch.

Donger 02-16-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10435816)
Shut the **** up you Queen loving English Bob bastard.

Go easy. Her progeny where out there filling sand bags today. Sand. Bags.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

What's so special about that distinction? You're not really explaining yourself, well, at all.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10435817)

LMAO

Donger 02-16-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435820)
What's so special about that distinction? You're not really explaining yourself, well, at all.

I'd like for you to expend some mental cycles on that and see what you come up with, honestly. It's pretty obvious.

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10435822)
I'd like for you to expend some mental cycles on that and see what you come up with, honestly. It's pretty obvious.

That's what I'm hearing, man. Sorry.

If that's dead wrong, then I'd like to hear it. I don't know what part of that, if any, is a mischaracterization of your point of view.

Just Passin' By 02-16-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435795)

I don't see any reason why disapproving of somebody's sexual orientation is any less abhorrent than disapproving of somebody's race.

Of course you do. Your IQ is at least in the double digits. Why would you bait people on an issue in such a way that the thread would be destined to end up in D.C.?

Direckshun 02-16-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10435833)
Of course you do. Your IQ is at least in the double digits. Why would you bait people on an issue in such a way that the thread would be destined to end up in D.C.?

I personally think Obama should order Congress to pass a Constitutional amendment! What do you think??

Just Passin' By 02-16-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10435835)
I personally think Obama should order Congress to pass a Constitutional amendment! What do you think??

I think D.C. is the place for where you're trying to take this thread and, that being the case, there is already a thread there where you can further address the issue you brought up earlier, should you choose.

nstygma 02-16-2014 01:45 AM

I really like pizza. I was born that way. Is that genetic?

Simply Red 02-16-2014 02:31 AM

GayYEEEEEEEE!

nstygma 02-16-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10435866)
GayYEEEEEEEE!

Hey, I know some wild Thai girls

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-16-2014 03:21 AM

I guess Donger yearns for the days when he used "Barack Hussein" endlessly to troll and now just inserts "abnormality" into every post regarding sexual orientation to get the same response.

ForeverChiefs58 02-16-2014 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10435874)
I guess Donger yearns for the days when he used "Barack Hussein" endlessly to troll and now just inserts "abnormality" into every post regarding sexual orientation to get the same response.

Lol at you for not studying science, then maybe you'd understand.

Bootlegged 02-16-2014 06:40 AM

I bet Ellen has used a strap-on and put her in a pretzel. Waiting for the video.

Lex Luthor 02-16-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10435774)
OK. The difference identified was that in one case disapproval is based on a characteristic that cannot be changed and in the other it's based on behavior that is a choice.

It's clear that your use of "It's a choice" in the post above was specifically referring to behavior. You did not say being gay is a choice.

But it does raise the question. Do you think being gay is a choice?

RippedmyFlesh 02-16-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Donger's night out with the boys.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...eJn8SvzdleGp_w

RealSNR 02-16-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10435709)
Being screamed at and called a bigot and homophobe is definitely not being marginalized. It's being celebrated, really. :thumb:

Please. Get real. Like that shit happens all the time? In every school in the country? A kid who speaks up in class and says homosexuality is wrong not only gets jeered at by classmates for a single period or day, but then gets followed around for the rest of his/her high school career each day with verbal abuse of "bigot" and "homophobe"? No. You're either not being honest or not thinking about the issue clearly enough.

That's a shitty comparison. It's far from the kind of bullying that causes an unfortunately high number of gay kids to commit suicide each year.

You never hear about kids who commit suicide because they were bullied about being a bigot. Why do you think that is?

Because it doesn't ****ing happen.

Donger 02-16-2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 10435905)

:spock:

patteeu 02-16-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10435902)
It's clear that your use of "It's a choice" in the post above was specifically referring to behavior. You did not say being gay is a choice.

But it does raise the question. Do you think being gay is a choice?

I don't think we choose what we're attracted to whether it's fat women, athletic men, little children or whatever. I don't know how much of that attraction is hardwired or how much is changed by environmental factors after birth, but my guess is that it's a mix between the two.

patteeu 02-16-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 10435905)

Dumb.

WhiteWhale 02-16-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10435770)

Everyone judges people.

It's how we choose our friends.

Anyone who says they don't judge are liars, and people who criticize others for doing so are hypocrites.

You make judgements about people the second you see them. How they dress... how clean they are... how good looking they are. To say otherwise is just living in denial.

WhiteWhale 02-16-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10435921)
Please. Get real. Like that shit happens all the time? In every school in the country? A kid who speaks up in class and says homosexuality is wrong not only gets jeered at by classmates for a single period or day, but then gets followed around for the rest of his/her high school career each day with verbal abuse of "bigot" and "homophobe"? No. You're either not being honest or not thinking about the issue clearly enough.

That's a shitty comparison. It's far from the kind of bullying that causes an unfortunately high number of gay kids to commit suicide each year.

You never hear about kids who commit suicide because they were bullied about being a bigot. Why do you think that is?

Yup.. and it doesn't happen because in the proper permissive atmosphere 90% of people become bigots and bullies.

It's just how people are.

LoneWolf 02-16-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10435817)

That would be a huge thread. The OP followed by 10,000 "this" replies.

MarcoMar 02-16-2014 09:51 AM

I agree that it may make a difference for the ones struggling with their sexuality, but I hate it when stars try to do PR on such things.

seamonster 02-16-2014 09:54 AM

Very interesting thread. There's vehement homopobia, liberals dropping the KKK card, and a slippery slope argument on every single page. In the midwest there's clearly a hated for critical thinking that runs counter to German Protestant\baptist\WASP traditional family values so I wouldn't waste time arguing with the mentally weak.

Prison Bitch 02-16-2014 10:05 AM

Can we start a homo forum, chronicling all the stupid "coming out parties" of small potatoes mediocrities? Hamas and SNR and Lane and Donger could just have permanent mod powers there and the rest of the board could read about the Chiefs.

Rausch 02-16-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10436001)
Yup.. and it doesn't happen because in the proper permissive atmosphere 90% of people become bigots and bullies.

It's just how people are.

Really?

90%?

I doubt that...

Lex Luthor 02-16-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10435943)
I don't think we choose what we're attracted to whether it's fat women, athletic men, little children or whatever. I don't know how much of that attraction is hardwired or how much is changed by environmental factors after birth, but my guess is that it's a mix between the two.

Agreed. The only thing I would add is that I strongly believe that nobody would ever choose to be gay, because nobody in his right mind would choose to be the constant target of scorn, ridicule, and in some cases outright hatred.

That's why people like Fred Phelps and his ilk annoy the hell out of me.

Rausch 02-16-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10436083)
Agreed. The only thing I would add is that I strongly believe that nobody would ever choose to be gay, because nobody in his right mind would choose to be the constant target of scorn, ridicule, and in some cases outright hatred.

Depends on how you look at things.

Lex Luthor 02-16-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10436051)
Can we start a homo forum, chronicling all the stupid "coming out parties" of small potatoes mediocrities? Hamas and SNR and Lane and Donger could just have permanent mod powers there and the rest of the board could read about the Chiefs.

The (self) righteous indignation expressed in that post would be a little more understandable if you weren't such an active participant in practically every thread about politics and religion in the DC forum.

Lex Luthor 02-16-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10436089)
Depends on how you look at things.

Feel free to elaborate.

Prison Bitch 02-16-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Agreed. The only thing I would add is that I strongly believe that nobody would ever choose to be gay, because nobody in his right mind would choose to be the constant target of scorn, ridicule, and in some cases outright hatred..

Hatred? They are praised as heroes in our culture. What on earth are you talking about, hatred?

patteeu 02-16-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

That's why people like Fred Phelps and his ilk annoy the hell out of me.

What you say makes sense to me, but I'll say that I've had gay friends tell me they wouldn't choose to be straight, so maybe it depends on perspective. Detoxing has an interesting story that seems to suggest some people might choose to be gay under some circumstances despite the potential social stigma.

Lex Luthor 02-16-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10436093)
Hatred? They are praised as heroes in our culture. What on earth are you talking about, hatred?

Don't be obtuse. There are better ways to try to make your argument.

Of course, you may really believe what you just said. But I'm not going to insult your intelligence by assuming that.

Sully 02-16-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

What do you think the ratio is of actual people coming out-news stories to you posting different versions of this lame "joke?"
1/10?
1/25?

Lex Luthor 02-16-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10436098)
What you say makes sense to me, but I'll say that I've had gay friends tell me they wouldn't choose to be straight, so maybe it depends on perspective. Detoxing has an interesting story that seems to suggest some people might choose to be gay under some circumstances despite the potential social stigma.

Oh, I believe that a lot of gay people would say that, but I think making a statement like that is quite different from starting from a neutral position and then choosing to be gay.

I'd be interested in hearing Detoxing's story.

nychief 02-16-2014 10:59 AM

MAN! DOG! I LOVED LED ZEPPLIN... CAN'T BELIEVE JIMMY PAGE IS GAY!

The song does not remain the same....

houstonwhodat 02-16-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

I had a cousin once who died from AIDS.

What do you expect when you stick your dick into another guys shit hole.

This thread is like the Energizer bunny

nychief 02-16-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 10436112)

Kissing cousin? Hmmm?

Rausch 02-16-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 10436112)

You're clearly torn up about it...I'll wait to respond.

patteeu 02-16-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10436103)
Oh, I believe that a lot of gay people would say that, but I think making a statement like that is quite different from starting from a neutral position and then choosing to be gay.

I'd be interested in hearing Detoxing's story.

I think it's in the Michael Sam thread.

Just Passin' By 02-16-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10435921)

It happens whether or not you claim it doesn't. Kids really get suspended just for saying homosexuality is wrong or calling something gay, too.