ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Easy 6 01-19-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12682312)
Ours too. We're watching the current season in our downstairs and a past season in our upstairs so we don't get them mixed up. It seems a touch crazy is the most valuable tool you can have.

Forgot I'd even posted in this thread...

Yeah its a pretty cool show, watched all of last year as well... and yeah, being a tad loopy seems to help

I swear the guy from this season who left after like 3 days pissed me off SO bad, I was cussing that punk way more than I had a right to lol... "I just miss my family sooo much, what am I doing here I need to get back to them :deevee:"

Its like good God man, the wife gave you permission to go do this, so at least go give it a damn shot, pussy! You can bet his wife and kids want that half a million a helluva lot more than to see dad back farting around the house only a few days after he left

Who do you think will win? To be honest I have no idea at this point

The hippy chick with the awesome shelter is doing good, but I just cant bet on a woman outlasting everyone out there

The old Canadian dude might finish though, he wants to buy his daughter a house sooo bad, so he has the motivation, and he also has some solid skills... the fox may have outfoxed him, but the new raft got him over to that river where he got a big fish

I feel awful for that one guy (ALWAYS have trouble remembering the names) who'se spot is sunless 24/7 and his camp is halfway up the mountain... dont see him lasting due to those things

KCUnited 01-19-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12696956)
Forgot I'd even posted in this thread...

Yeah its a pretty cool show, watched all of last year as well... and yeah, being a tad loopy seems to help

I swear the guy from this season who left after like 3 days pissed me off SO bad, I was cussing that punk way more than I had a right to lol... "I just miss my family sooo much, what am I doing here I need to get back to them :deevee:"

Its like good God man, the wife gave you permission to go do this, so at least go give it a damn shot, pussy! You can bet his wife and kids want that half a million a helluva lot more than to see dad back farting around the house only a few days after he left

Who do you think will win? To be honest I have no idea at this point

The hippy chick with the awesome shelter is doing good, but I just cant bet on a woman outlasting everyone out there

The old Canadian dude might finish though, he wants to buy his daughter a house sooo bad, so he has the motivation, and he also has some solid skills... the fox may have outfoxed him, but the new raft got him over to that river where he got a big fish

I feel awful for that one guy (ALWAYS have trouble remembering the names) who'se spot is sunless 24/7 and his camp is halfway up the mountain... dont see him lasting due to those things

I'm pulling for the older guy that wants to build his daughter a house, but I'm leaning towards that hippy-type guy from like Oregon or Seattle or something as the winner. Can't remember his name but he seems off his rocker enough to want to live there forever.

Did they soften up on the later seasons? I'm watching season 1 right now as well and there's 5 people gone in 6 days. LOL, they're getting stalked by bears and wolves and breaking down into tears trying to get the hell out of there.

Easy 6 01-19-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12697078)
I'm pulling for the older guy that wants to build his daughter a house, but I'm leaning towards that hippy-type guy from like Oregon or Seattle or something as the winner. Can't remember his name but he seems off his rocker enough to want to live there forever.

Did they soften up on the later seasons? I'm watching season 1 right now as well and there's 5 people gone in 6 days. LOL, they're getting stalked by bears and wolves and breaking down into tears trying to get the hell out of there.

The Oregon/Seattle dude, pretty sure you're thinking of the guy who swears by the motto of "I plan to do as little as possible the entire time, working your ass off on various projects is a waste of calories"

There is definitely something to be said for his style, with as little food as they're getting, a calorie conservation style is very smart... whats funny about him is he didnt even start a real shelter until, like, day 40 or so... all that time he was sleeping under an open sided tarp with mountain lions all over the place

The biggest problem for everyone in season 1 seemed to be finding food, this new group kinda has it good with that isolated/unfished lake... the people who know what they're doing are getting enough big trout of it to survive for the most part

Funniest part of season 1 was the black dude bragging to his family/pals at home about "bring on those bears!"... then they set him down on the beach and he is calling for rescue a few hours later after seeing 3-4 black bears, luuulz!

In fairness, dont really blame him though... where they put him looked to be Bear Central compared to the other people

Even smaller black bears are no joke, they'll take down a big strong man like he is nothing but a baby deer

Easy 6 01-19-2017 09:39 PM

I absolutely try to not have too many "cant miss" tv shows... but currently "The Selection" is on and its my 3rd consecutive viewing

Missed the first several episodes on purpose because I didnt think they'd give me enough of the hooah! tactical stuff with a bunch of civilians... wow so wrong, I was missing the whole point of this show

Watching my third episode right now

This show really takes you into the MENTAL aspect of being specops, insane torture tests, absolute integrity is demanded... its not about being strong or a great shot

Its about having guts coming out of your ****ing ears

KCUnited 01-20-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12697146)
The Oregon/Seattle dude, pretty sure you're thinking of the guy who swears by the motto of "I plan to do as little as possible the entire time, working your ass off on various projects is a waste of calories"

Actually I think that guy already tapped, didn't he? I'm thinking about the guy who's eating all that roe from the fish. Kind of looks like Bob Dylan. I probably shouldn't have tried to watch 2 seasons at once as I'm getting the people confused. I think if they do another season, I'm going to wait til its over and watch the whole thing. It's a much better show if I can watch it back to back.

Easy 6 01-20-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12698026)
Actually I think that guy already tapped, didn't he? I'm thinking about the guy who's eating all that roe from the fish. Kind of looks like Bob Dylan. I probably shouldn't have tried to watch 2 seasons at once as I'm getting the people confused. I think if they do another season, I'm going to wait til its over and watch the whole thing. It's a much better show if I can watch it back to back.

I know who you're thinking of, but he isnt the guy I'm talking about

The "calorie conserver" has sandy blonde hair and always comes off kinda grumpy... I would love a chance to attempt that show, the loneliness wouldnt bother me at all, it would be all about getting enough food for me

sd4chiefs 01-20-2017 09:21 PM

Just finished watching 'Sneaky Pete' on Amazon. Love it. It's kind of like 'The Sting'.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/sneaky_pete/s01/

Easy 6 01-21-2017 11:08 AM

If you're not watching "Six" on History Channel, you're missing out... caught the premier episode the other day and it looks like its gonna be a winner

keg in kc 01-21-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 12699780)
Just finished watching 'Sneaky Pete' on Amazon. Love it. It's kind of like 'The Sting'.

Was wondering if anyone had watched that yet.

Thinking about watching Frontier on Netflix, as well.

Bowser 01-21-2017 03:28 PM

I'm beginning to believe Keg has a Nielsen box at his place, lol

keg in kc 01-21-2017 03:32 PM

Most of the stuff I like gets cancelled, no box here. The general public doesn't seem to like anything more challenging than Keeping Up With the Real Housewives of American Idle Shore.

Buehler445 01-22-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12700836)
Was wondering if anyone had watched that yet.

Thinking about watching Frontier on Netflix, as well.

Caught the first episode, it looks freaking excellent.

NewChief 01-25-2017 06:05 PM

Frontier: what a dud. Great concept but the execution is like a cable version of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

I was hoping it would be gritty and historical like the Revenant (which I'm sure is what got this thing made). The travel times are awful, the Native Americans are a matriarchy, and the general feel is just hokey, imo. I'm through episode 3 but may bow out.

unlurking 01-25-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12708950)
Frontier: what a dud. Great concept but the execution is like a cable version of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

I was hoping it would be gritty and historical like the Revenant (which I'm sure is what got this thing made). The travel times are awful, the Native Americans are a matriarchy, and the general feel is just hokey, imo. I'm through episode 3 but may bow out.

The reviews on Netflix are mostly horrible. Was waiting to see if that was just an early take.

Buehler445 01-25-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12708950)

That's where I'm at. I'm far less harsh than you. Maybe its just my man crush on Jason Mamoa.

I'm interested in the relationships and the dynamics.

Miles 01-25-2017 10:02 PM

The Night Manager popped up on Amazon a little while back and finally got around to watching. Really enjoyed and guess missing on AMC helped add some stuff that would have been edited.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-26-2017 01:47 PM

really quite enjoyed Travelers on Netflix

Pitt Gorilla 01-26-2017 01:54 PM

I'm currently really enjoying Man Seeking Woman on Fx. Of course, I really like most of their comedic lineup.

NewChief 01-26-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12710479)
really quite enjoyed Travelers on Netflix

Travelers was excellent. P

unlurking 01-26-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12710493)
I'm currently really enjoying Man Seeking Woman on Fx. Of course, I really like most of their comedic lineup.

I enjoyed it too, but most people I know aren't fans of Jay Baruchel. To be honest, I'm not really either. He does fit this style comedy though, and Eric Andre is great.

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-08-2017 08:01 PM

Just watched the first episode of the Expanse.

Awesome.

Beef Supreme 02-08-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12733677)
Just watched the first episode of the Expanse.

Awesome.

I binged season one on Amazon Prime over a long weekend. It definitely qualifies as must watch.

KChiefs1 02-09-2017 01:11 PM

Just finished Stranger Things on Netflix.

Pretty good sci-fi show set in the 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamTheIrish 02-09-2017 07:17 PM

If you guys are old enough to remember the magazine National Lampoon, there is a very good documentary called Drunk,Stoned, Brillliant, Dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1674785/

The film is about National Lampoon magazine, and how the magazine and its empire of spin-offs changed the course of comedy and humor. It's a great story of the magazine was founded with interviews writers, editors artists.

It also has some incredible footage and audio with most of the SNL cast of the 70's and 80's who got their really big breaks when they came over from Second City comedy to NL radio.

For me, it was a tremendous trip down memory lane, learning a great deal about the magazine, its triumphs and its ultimate demise.

Baby Lee 02-09-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12735394)
If you guys are old enough to remember the magazine National Lampoon, there is a very good documentary called Drunk,Stoned, Brillliant, Dead.

The film is about National Lampoon magazine, and how the magazine and its empire of spin-offs changed the course of comedy and humor. It's a great story of the magazine was founded with interviews writers, editors artists.

It also has some incredible footage and audio with most of the SNL cast of the 70's and 80's who got their really big breaks when they came over from Second City comedy to NL radio.

For me, it was a tremendous trip down memory lane, learning a great deal about the magazine, its triumphs and its ultimate demise.

It's great, almost the point of overkill. It's neat that the use the narration over montage method to tell a lot of the story, but don't expect to casually watch it. So many of the images that flash by deserve to be paused an perused in depth. They really stuffed a lot of material into this in a compellingly coherent manner.

EPodolak 02-10-2017 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12735394)

Can't recall where I saw it, think it was on HBO or Showtime last year. It was good.

Mephistopheles Janx 02-10-2017 03:20 AM

Wife and I just started watching Vikings. It is a fantastic program and we have slammed through the first 3 seasons. Getting ready to gear up for season 4 this weekend.

Also watching:

The Grand Tour
Brooklyn 99
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
White Rabbit Project
also... currently re-watching Weeds

Nickhead 02-10-2017 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12735405)
It's great, almost the point of overkill. It's neat that the use the narration over montage method to tell a lot of the story, but don't expect to casually watch it. So many of the images that flash by deserve to be paused an perused in depth. They really stuffed a lot of material into this in a compellingly coherent manner.

the or they pick one ****er :D

Baby Lee 02-10-2017 07:51 PM

I'd like to thank The Blacklist for reminding me how much ass Shake A Leg KICKS!!!!

Hadn't heard that deep cut in YEARS

Stop yer grinnin an drop yer linen

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eSybGRZW4DA?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WilliamTheIrish 02-13-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12735405)

Completely agree. I had to stop. Freeze. Rewind. Freeze. I think it took me 2+ hours to watch it all.

Baby Lee 02-17-2017 09:53 AM

Review is coming back to conclude on Comedy Central.
One of the best, least watched, dry dark comedies around.

As a bonus for Mickhead, it's a remake/reinvention of an Aussie series.

The concept is simple genius. Forrest McNeil hosts a review show, except instead of reviewing movies or music, he reviews life experiences submitted by viewers.

It starts out innocent enough. 'Steal something' 'take up smoking.' And plunges into dark areas 'get divorced' 'become a racist.'

McNeil experiences these things in his real life and reports back with a summation and rating. He tackles them with innocent enthusiasm oblivious to the toll they take on his real life.

This is a very funny, but sedate challenge. Eat 15 pancakes [the amount recommended by the recipe on the back of the batter mix].

<iframe width="800" height="448" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uloT8V6Skgk?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is another show where people who've seen are are bursting to discuss it, but most of the joy is in discovering it for yourself. So you also don't want to spoil it for the uninitiated.

This clip gives a good hint at how funny it can be without spoiling how truly insane it gets over time.

Baby Lee 02-17-2017 07:49 PM

April 16!!

<iframe width="710" height="399" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DOWrp7QlW4c?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RobBlake 02-20-2017 05:35 PM

how to get away with murder

very entertaining show with lots of twists.

Viola Davis is arguably the best actress out there.. i love her emotions

Skyy God 02-21-2017 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12745311)
Review is coming back to conclude on Comedy Central.
One of the best, least watched, dry dark comedies around.

As a bonus for Mickhead, it's a remake/reinvention of an Aussie series.

The concept is simple genius. Forrest McNeil hosts a review show, except instead of reviewing movies or music, he reviews life experiences submitted by viewers.

It starts out innocent enough. 'Steal something' 'take up smoking.' And plunges into dark areas 'get divorced' 'become a racist.'

McNeil experiences these things in his real life and reports back with a summation and rating. He tackles them with innocent enthusiasm oblivious to the toll they take on his real life.

This is a very funny, but sedate challenge. Eat 15 pancakes [the amount recommended by the recipe on the back of the batter mix].

<iframe width="800" height="448" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uloT8V6Skgk?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is another show where people who've seen are are bursting to discuss it, but most of the joy is in discovering it for yourself. So you also don't want to spoil it for the uninitiated.

This clip gives a good hint at how funny it can be without spoiling how truly insane it gets over time.

Review Season 3?

**** yeah!!

mr. tegu 02-21-2017 05:16 PM

We have been watching Mad Men. We are almost through season 2. It's really just okay. I just started Boardwalk Empire though. I like the first two episodes so far.

keg in kc 02-27-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 12699780)

So I finally binged Sneaky Pete this weekend. Really dug it.

Started Bosch for no reason at all that I can think of. Just clicked through Amazon originals until I found something else to watch. Like it so far through six or seven eps. I guess season three is about to hit.

Buehler445 02-27-2017 09:10 PM

I've been meaning to ask about Bosch. What's the general jist?

frankotank 02-28-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12759613)
So I finally binged Sneaky Pete this weekend. Really dug it.

Started Bosch for no reason at all that I can think of. Just clicked through Amazon originals until I found something else to watch. Like it so far through six or seven eps. I guess season three is about to hit.

yeah I killed Sneaky Pete in a matter of days. ROFL

I've been so sick man...just laying around doing nothing....but watching the tube. I REALLY dug Sneaky Pete. was sad when it was over.

So....a friend told me to check out Vikings. I'm blew thru season 1 and half of season 2 this weekend. I'm pathetic. :shake: I'm liking it though.

Buehler445 02-28-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12760807)
yeah I killed Sneaky Pete in a matter of days. ROFL

I've been so sick man...just laying around doing nothing....but watching the tube. I REALLY dug Sneaky Pete. was sad when it was over.

So....a friend told me to check out Vikings. I'm blew thru season 1 and half of season 2 this weekend. I'm pathetic. :shake: I'm liking it though.

I had to give up on Vikings. It will string together 4 or 5 great episodes then spend the next 4 completely ****ing lost, accomplishing nothing!

I got a different DVR and forgot to set that one up and haven't gone back.

Chiefnj2 02-28-2017 02:53 PM

If you don't mind subtitles Nobel is pretty good. (At least the first 4 episodes).

Buehler445 02-28-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12761169)
If you don't mind subtitles Nobel is pretty good. (At least the first 4 episodes).

It's kind of tough with the subtitles, but I enjoyed it.

Nickhead 02-28-2017 10:35 PM

Schitt's Creek

(i did a search for this but came up empty, i may have posted a YT video one time)

https://fanart.tv/fanart/tv/287247/h...b49dd11445.png

very funny comedy with eugene levy and family, chris elliot, and more...

and ****in' hell if the chic that plays the daughter isn't smokin hawt. she's a hotter version of kelly bundy, fur shur! :D

8/10

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 03-02-2017 07:50 AM

Binging The Night Of. Awesome so far. Only a few episodes in. Love John T and Michael Williams. Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like the deer's head is somehow significant. They kept cutting to it in a few scenes.

BucEyedPea 03-02-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12751273)
We have been watching Mad Men. We are almost through season 2. It's really just okay. I just started Boardwalk Empire though. I like the first two episodes so far.

I binged watched MadMen summer 2015. It's not that good at first—then the characters starts to grow on you.

Baby Lee 03-02-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10089972)
Goldbergs is a great new show on ABC.

This week's Goldbergs RAWKed!!

Karate Kid narrative
Culmination of the beef with the other Adam Goldberg.

Pitt Gorilla 03-03-2017 12:43 AM

Taken had a strong pilot.

Man seeking Woman continues to be outstanding.

KChiefs1 03-06-2017 08:04 PM

American Crime season 3 starts on Sunday.

https://youtu.be/avqfzvfowvk

MahiMike 03-13-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12766186)

Man seeking Woman continues to be outstanding.

Talk about false advertising! This guy not only isn't seeking a woman he married up. WAY up.

Title makes as much sense as Jimmy Kimmel LIVE.

MahiMike 03-13-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 12764456)
Binging The Night Of. Awesome so far. Only a few episodes in. Love John T and Michael Williams. Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like the deer's head is somehow significant. They kept cutting to it in a few scenes.

Excellent show.

Nickhead 03-13-2017 10:49 PM

HAND OF GOD!

really good series.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EROUPgiwmLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-14-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12760095)
I've been meaning to ask about Bosch. What's the general jist?

First season was okay. Little rough at times. Second season was good. Whole thing was solid enough that I binged all 20 eps in a weekend. Third season hits in a month

sd4chiefs 03-14-2017 05:12 PM

I've been watching "Jeff and some Aliens" on Comedy Central. I has it moments. I would have been like Jeff if I never met my Wife.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 03-14-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12781702)
Excellent show.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend something similar? And its a shame that Michael K. Williams doesn't have more recognition. The only time I remember seeing him outside of HBO was in The Road for a couple of minutes.

Baby Lee 03-14-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 12783290)
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend something similar? And its a shame that Michael K. Williams doesn't have more recognition. The only time I remember seeing him outside of HBO was in The Road for a couple of minutes.

I heard Hap and Leonard was decent.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 03-14-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12783451)
I heard Hap and Leonard was decent.

I might have to check it out. I kinda instinctively shy away from netflix/amazon/hulu series. Seems like they would be B or C quality compared to major networks. Maybe its time I give some a chance.

Baby Lee 03-14-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 12783610)
I might have to check it out. I kinda instinctively shy away from netflix/amazon/hulu series. Seems like they would be B or C quality compared to major networks. Maybe its time I give some a chance.

Nah, I think if anything the internet pay channel original programming had a leg up on major networks in terms of being hunger to build an audience and having less creative interference/censorship.

Certainly stuff on Amazon and Hulu is better than NBC/ABC. Basic cable only has FX and AMC outperforming them, and sure HBO and Showtime are still generally cream of the crop. But there's plenty of stuff on the streaming services that's among the best stuff out there.

Fargo, OITNB, BoJack Horseman, Stranger Things, Kimmy Schmidt, etc.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-15-2017 02:50 PM

So i've broken down and finally started watching Shameless. 2 episodes in and I've not laughed that hard in awhile. Absolutely hilarious show, however it's a little sketchy at points so don't watch it with your children in the same zipcode as you.

Buehler445 03-15-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12784601)
So i've broken down and finally started watching Shameless. 2 episodes in and I've not laughed that hard in awhile. Absolutely hilarious show, however it's a little sketchy at points so don't watch it with your children in the same zipcode as you.

Heh. I've been wondering if I should check it out. Buddy of mine said, it just sets out to offend everybody and does a great job LOL

Nickhead 03-15-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12784601)

can only describe it as six shades of wrong. just when you think they would not do something, they pole vault over that idea into something even more unthinkable :D

i'd say my favorite character is Kev!

Nixhex 03-16-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12784692)
can only describe it as six shades of wrong. just when you think they would not do something, they pole vault over that idea into something even more unthinkable :D

i'd say my favorite character is Kev!

Exactly. Just when you think it can't get anymore crazy it does. I would say my favorite character is Carl.

SAUTO 03-18-2017 09:00 PM

Live pd.

frankotank 03-27-2017 02:59 PM

I'm three episode into The Santa Clarita Diet. I'd never even looked at it before because the title sounded like some chick thang. someway I read the synopsis last week and I was like wuuuuuut! Drew Barrymore as a Realtor zombie.....OK I'll watch one episode.

I laughed my ass off! Timothy Olyphant co-stars. this is some surprisingly funny shizzle man!

MahiMike 03-27-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12783784)
Nah, I think if anything the internet pay channel original programming had a leg up on major networks in terms of being hunger to build an audience and having less creative interference/censorship.

Certainly stuff on Amazon and Hulu is better than NBC/ABC. Basic cable only has FX and AMC outperforming them, and sure HBO and Showtime are still generally cream of the crop. But there's plenty of stuff on the streaming services that's among the best stuff out there.

Fargo, OITNB, BoJack Horseman, Stranger Things, Kimmy Schmidt, etc.

Would love to watch the 1st 2 seasons of Fargo again before new one comes out. Don't believe it's on Netflix tho.

Nickhead 03-27-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12800197)
Would love to watch the 1st 2 seasons of Fargo again before new one comes out. Don't believe it's on Netflix tho.

season one is on netflix, i had to outsource season two. not sure of american netflix tho.

SAUTO 03-27-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12800197)

I've still got both on my dvr. Have never seen more than the first fifteen minutes. I probably need to watch them

keg in kc 03-27-2017 04:34 PM

I think FX is replaying season 2 leading into season 3, starting later this week.

Nickhead 03-31-2017 03:11 PM

new season of the trailer park boys on netflix ROFL

Baby Lee 04-05-2017 12:33 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YRHEwO3nET4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coochie liquor 04-05-2017 03:36 AM

Been watching the first season of The Missing, on Amazon. It's a bit of a slow burn, but really good. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to understand everything they say as the cast is British/Scottish/French?? Good story, and tension. Would definitely recommend.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ms8pORqrq3c?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Buehler445 04-05-2017 06:45 AM

I had to stop watching Gotham. I'm about halfway through season 2 and it's not TERRIBLE but it isn't good.

Iron Fist was OK. Certainly worth a watch, especially if you are into that arc, but it is definitely a step below Daredevel and Jessica Jones, and not nearly as well acted as Luke Cage.

I watched the first episode of Magicians. ....It's....out there. Anybody watching it? Should I netflix the rest of it?

Buehler445 04-05-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12810073)
Been watching the first season of The Missing, on Amazon. It's a bit of a slow burn, but really good. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to understand everything they say as the cast is British/Scottish/French?? Good story, and tension. Would definitely recommend.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ms8pORqrq3c?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

That looks HEAVY. But I'll definitely check it out. Looks pretty good.

frankotank 04-05-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12810159)
I had to stop watching Gotham. I'm about halfway through season 2 and it's not TERRIBLE but it isn't good.

Iron Fist was OK. Certainly worth a watch, especially if you are into that arc, but it is definitely a step below Daredevel and Jessica Jones, and not nearly as well acted as Luke Cage.

there was a time I was very much surprised at how much I enjoyed Gotham. that time has passed.... I was very excited at the return of joker...that kid is awesome. the show is getting pretty stale....

I knew nothing about Iron Fist. first half of the season I was engaged....last half I trudged thru just because I felt I had to finish what I started....

WilliamTheIrish 04-05-2017 05:19 PM

If you enjoy Joe Cocker's music there is currently a very enjoyable documentary on Netflix about him and his life and music.

Give it a go.

Nickhead 04-05-2017 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
it's called 'what would sal do', i'm five ep's in of 8, imagine a slightly smarter ricky from the trailer park boys, now make him the second coming of christ ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/71cTwzaGX_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

third party hosted site, use at your own risk:

http://chan131.so/watch-tv/what-would-sal-do

ETA: this show was really good. it takes the most vulgar of situations to its fullest extent, and ends with a morality tale. funny as ****, defo like TPB in humor regards. it does a good job of mixing drama and humor as the series progresses. will be curious how the next season goes now. :D

rico 04-12-2017 10:53 AM

I'm watching the Netflix show 13 Reasons Why with my wife...I'm hooked... I didn't think I would care for it, but was wrong... It's a really interesting/touching show so far with fantastic music.

KChiefs1 04-12-2017 06:20 PM

If you are into Playboy & Hef then you much watch American Playboy on Amazon.

kcxiv 04-12-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12821073)
I'm watching the Netflix show 13 Reasons Why with my wife...I'm hooked... I didn't think I would care for it, but was wrong... It's a really interesting/touching show so far with fantastic music.

the "scene" was so brutal, i had to look away. It was a wtf moment thats for sure.

rico 04-12-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 12821693)
the "scene" was so brutal, i had to look away. It was a wtf moment thats for sure.

I've heard that...I'm on the episode 7 (Zach) episode right now and caught a glimpse of what that scene will consist of when Clay was hallucinating at the basketball game.

kcxiv 04-12-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12821769)
I've heard that...I'm on the episode 7 (Zach) episode right now and caught a glimpse of what that scene will consist of when Clay was hallucinating at the basketball game.

parents needs to make their young teens watch this show all the way through. you learn alot about todays teens. Alot of lessons can be taught.

rico 04-12-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 12821835)
parents needs to make their young teens watch this show all the way through. you learn alot about todays teens. Alot of lessons can be taught.

I agree 100%.