ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Marriage Question (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110519)

Rausch 02-21-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Actually, why don't we just give him to DenverChief? Maybe there is one real lover PER SEX in the world for everyone?!

:D

You're completely ignoring the point here, which is us being entertained by his humiliation.

I don't want digital pics of DC's "oh face."

unlurking 02-21-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
You're completely ignoring the point here, which is us being entertained by his humiliation.

I don't want digital pics of DC's "oh face."

:eek:

ROFL

Slayer Diablo 02-21-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
You might as well be arguing that there is an Easter bunny, because no, I don't have proof that there's no Easter bunny, but that doesn't make your claim that there is one anything less than complete BS.

I go to Capital Grille. I'm not going to wake up the next morning and have no desire to ever eat a steak at the Outback or anywhere else. (don't argue that I'm not truly in love with the steak, because that's not the point... and I am! ROFL ). It's the same thing. Preferences change, but a switch isn't thrown one day and you say "I only have eyes for you". Anyone that has ever said that is full of it. You can't be attracted to one person, yet find those same set of qualities unattractive in someone else.

You completely missed the point. We are talking possibility, not probability. I've already told you that it is rare, bro. When something is rare, you're probably not going to just run into it although it is still possible. For instance, someone has a 1/100,000,000 chance of winning the lottery...they're probably not going to win, but it is still possible. And by the way, I'm just accepting your analogy for the sake of agrument...truly, it doesn't work because you cannot love an object.

Quote:

No, it's a high school feeling to even think it. Through thick or thin, sickness and health... sure. Eternity of pain for a split second of company? That's either high school or a really bad monster ballad.
It's just a more extreme way of saying that you'll stick with the person no matter what...same basic idea as the vows, just a little more condensed and extreme.

Sure it does..... Before people take love advice from anyone, they like to know where that advice is coming from.

This discussion had absolutely no advice in it other than the concept of "don't base your own decisions off of my definition"...it was separate from what I had been telling III.

Quote:

This is weak and you know it. Pointing out a mathematical fact is FAR different from stating a fact on love. When someone says something is a fact about a subject as ...what's the word... a subject like love, you're implying you either know an awful lot about love or have had quite a bit of experience in love.
The point is that you can know a lot about a subject and not be an expert. There's nothing more for me to say on this except that I reference you to what you were quoting.

Quote:

Sure -- Psicosis. For a long time I thought he was as old or older than me, because (sometimes) he can act like it. Knowing that he's your age hasn't changed anything, because he can still (sometimes) act older than he is. It's not age. It's you ;)
But his age had to be assumed by you so that you could accept it, and then you found out that he was about my age. Besides, we all have times when we act older/younger than we really are...our brother was even in shock one time because of something I said and he basically said, "Slayer, that was a lucid, intelligent observation, and you both acted and sounded like you were 30 when you said it." So please, I'm still waiting for an example that disproves my statement.

Pezman 02-21-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Every time I think I've seen the nadir of this BB, inevitably someone grabs a shovel and digs for China...

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
I dont think this thread was good idea.

ROFL This thread rules...

RedNFeisty 02-21-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
Red what are ya up for to save this boys future? ROFL

Don't look at me! :shake: ROFL

RedNFeisty 02-21-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl
Ok everyone interested just sign up below. :rolleyes:

Looks like you guys need a lot of help, thank God I can count on Red to help me out. ROFL

Hey, hey, hey now! Speak for yourself sweetheart!!

Bearcat 02-21-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

The point is that you can know a lot about a subject and not be an expert. There's nothing more for me to say on this except that I reference you to what you were quoting.
It's the "you can know a lot about a subject" that you keep dodging.

From what I've read, you had these "flings", and in the end you came to a sitcom-like conclusion that the one for me was under my nose the entire time. You've taken this one measley high school experience and have created an ideology for mankind on love, that has no resemblance to what actually happens.

You really are too young to be a bitter old man, so quit it.

Slayer Diablo 02-21-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Don't give me that "just because it's hard to imagine"... [sarcasm]I invented that[/sarcasm]. How do you know such a thing exists? I don't want to hear "how do you not?"... How do you know that that's how love works?

Keep in mind that you're the one who couldn't belive my universe theory just because it was "impossible" to have an infinite number of the universes...which, by the way, I later found out had been discussed by a philosopher and a movie had been made on the concept. Interesting. Anyway, there's only one way anyone knows that something exists, and I shouldn't have to tell you what that is.

Quote:

And do you know how condescending "if it feels better to just not find that connection, ..." sounds? [more sarcasm]Well, I'm glad at 17 years old YOU, of all people, have found what love is all about.[/sarcasm] Everyone on Chiefsplanet that has a SO should be lining up to punch you in the face right now for coming off like you're the wise one that knows they aren't truly happy.

You don't know shit, so stop acting like you do.

It's mostly a concept of perception for that quote...if you have known the connection and know what it feels like, then you can compare the two and there's absolutely no condescention; however, if you want to be all like "Now I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection to be able to compare", then I could understand your point. Furthermore, I never state that I know what it is all about...which is why I stated the in the first mention of my defintion that I was leaving a lot out, and later quoted Socrates to Phobia by saying "All that I know is that I know nothing."

Quote:

No, it's not. If the mindset of who we should be happy with was created by society, everyone would be heterosexual.
Not necessarily...for instance, a boy could be heavily influenced in the womb and directly after birth by women who constantly have shallow conversations about their desires for men. Not to say that is how it happens, of course. Besides, keep in mind that I said there are people who break away from what society says to question the way things work...not everyone is going to go toward the same conclusion once they break away. For instance, there's a society where the vast majority is moderate...a small group of people break away to become liberal and ask liberal questions while another small group breaks away to become conservative and ask conservative questions.

Slayer Diablo 02-21-2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

It's the "you can know a lot about a subject" that you keep dodging.

From what I've read, you had these "flings", and in the end you came to a sitcom-like conclusion that the one for me was under my nose the entire time. You've taken this one measley high school experience and have created an ideology for mankind on love, that has no resemblance to what actually happens.

You really are too young to be a bitter old man, so quit it.

Ugh...once again (I think I've said this before, anyway), it's not a common experience...not to mention being formed by many experiences. E pluribus Unum--From many, One.

Bearcat 02-21-2005 04:29 PM

Keep in mind that you're the one who couldn't belive my universe theory just because it was "impossible" to have an infinite number of the universes...which, by the way, I later found out had been discussed by a philosopher and a movie had been made on the concept. Interesting. Anyway, there's only one way anyone knows that something exists, and I shouldn't have to tell you what that is.

It was much more about not needing to believe it. It might be cool to wonder "what if it happens like this", but something so that's so complicated, yet has no basis whatsoever, doesn't need to be proven to or not to exist.

It's mostly a concept of perception for that quote...if you have known the connection and know what it feels like, then you can compare the two and there's absolutely no condescention; however, if you want to be all like "Now I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection to be able to compare", then I could understand your point. Furthermore, I never state that I know what it is all about...which is why I stated the in the first mention of my defintion that I was leaving a lot out, and later quoted Socrates to Phobia by saying "All that I know is that I know nothing."

It's not about "I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection..." ... it's about taking someone else's relationship and telling them that they aren't truly happy because YOU know what it's like to be truly happy (and being 17 has something to do with that, like it or not). And by saying "by all means, blindly be attracted by someone else", you're basically telling the vast majority of people that they aren't truly happy.

Not necessarily...for instance, a boy could be heavily influenced in the womb and directly after birth by women who constantly have shallow conversations about their desires for men. Not to say that is how it happens, of course. Besides, keep in mind that I said there are people who break away from what society says to question the way things work...not everyone is going to go toward the same conclusion once they break away. For instance, there's a society where the vast majority is moderate...a small group of people break away to become liberal and ask liberal questions while another small group breaks away to become conservative and ask conservative questions.

You're seriously complicating something that isn't that hard to understand.

Mr. Kotter 02-21-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
I dont think this thread was good idea.

Ya think? Damn, and I'm only on the 40th post. :shake:

Bearcat 02-21-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico Diablo
it's not a common experience.

Which makes it even more confusing on how you came up with the 1:1 theory.

Slayer Diablo 02-21-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

It's not about "I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection..." ... it's about taking someone else's relationship and telling them that they aren't truly happy because YOU know what it's like to be truly happy (and being 17 has something to do with that, like it or not). And by saying "by all means, blindly be attracted by someone else", you're basically telling the vast majority of people that they aren't truly happy.

I would be saying that by my definition, which I've said--this makes, what, 15 times?--should not be taken as a meaning for defining how anyone else feels. I'm sure that everyone has their own completely different definition that says they are truly happy or pretty close to being so. Besides, thousands of people throughout history have stood up and said: "Look, everyone, you're all wrong." I'm not being that harsh on everyone, just--once again--offering my own definition.

Quote:

You're seriously complicating something that isn't that hard to understand.
If it's not that hard to understand, then why must you make me make it seem like it?

unlurking 02-21-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

I would be saying that by my definition, which I've said--this makes, what, 15 times?--should not be taken as a meaning for defining how anyone else feels. I'm sure that everyone has their own completely different definition that says they are truly happy or pretty close to being so. Besides, thousands of people throughout history have stood up and said: "Look, everyone, you're all wrong." I'm not being that harsh on everyone, just--once again--offering my own definition.

If it's not that hard to understand, then why must you make me make it seem like it?

Dumbass.

When your "definition" insults people by telling them you don't think they are in love, are not truly happy, and are in a "foolish relationship", you certainly are acting like a self-righteous, judgemental prick.

If you can't get that for the "umpteenth" time, there really is something wrong with you.

Slayer Diablo 02-21-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Dumbass.

When your "definition" insults people by telling them you don't think they are in love, are not truly happy, and are in a "foolish relationship", you certainly are acting like a self-righteous, judgemental prick.

If you can't get that for the "umpteenth" time, there really is something wrong with you.

That's only if you try to press it on people and tell them that they're completely horrible people because of it. It's like with religion. Most religions will tell you that it is wrong to believe a certain way, but you should respect the people who do believe those ways. People who go into those religions only become pricks if they ignore the second part by going around and saying that everyone who doesn't believe their way is a sinner and going to hell.

unlurking 02-21-2005 05:22 PM

:rolleyes:

OK Rev.Falwell

DTLB58 02-21-2005 05:34 PM

Marriage counselors tell us, if you have not agreed on 4 major areas prior to marriage and how they are to work in every area you are not in agreement on increases your chance for divorce.

1. Money- Ask ANY married couple and this is usually the #1 thing they fight about.
2.Religion
3.In-Laws
4.Kids- Whether to have them and how to raise them.

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 05:55 PM

what u doin saying all this on the net?

lardass 02-21-2005 05:58 PM

The shite, it doth hit the fan.

go bo 02-21-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lardass

ok, has anybody asked you who you really are yet?

you kn0w too much about the players for somebody who only recently joined the planet...

where's sybil when you really need him?

outing on aisle five...

outing on aisle five...

lardass 02-21-2005 06:06 PM

I joined back in October 04, I have been reading the boards for a while. Relax.

Eleazar 02-21-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
ok, has anybody asked you who you really are yet?

you kn0w too much about the players for somebody who only recently joined the planet...

where's sybil when you really need him?

outing on aisle five...

outing on aisle five...

the "longtime lurker" excuse in 3..2...1....

***edit - err, too late.

lardass 02-21-2005 06:08 PM

Fine, run my IP...

It's always cool to go on a board and be accused of things before anyone even knows who you are.

Way to be hospitable.

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
the "longtime lurker" excuse in 3..2...1....

***edit - err, too late.

late

lol

Edited befor I could hit post.

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Fine, run my IP...

It's always cool to go on a board and be accused of things before anyone even knows who you are.

Way to be hospitable.

With the number of accounts averaging what, 5 per user, this is normal practice. Don't be offended if you are a new poster, it just seems that most new accounts are created by other users.

Eleazar 02-21-2005 06:11 PM

Quote:

late

lol

Edited before I could hit post.

hah, ok, well the next logical step is, which of the usual suspects for a new user id is this one?

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 06:11 PM

Someone alert Roy....

lardass 02-21-2005 06:11 PM

I havent even given anyone reason to think I'm an asshole, geez wait until later down the road. :)

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:13 PM

Quote:

hah, ok, well the next logical step is, which of the usual suspects for a new user id is this one?

Well, it may be the name, but he reminded me of LazarASS. Although the name may have been generated by someone who dislikes Laz.

hmmmm

lardass 02-21-2005 06:14 PM

Normally I wouldnt admit to knowing him, but GC invited me here months ago... ;)

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 06:16 PM

Quote:

Normally I wouldnt admit to knowing him, but GC invited me here months ago... ;)

Indeed I did....

Lardass and I are old acquaintances....I can vouch for his legitimacy.

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:16 PM

Quote:

Oh christ.

There goes the neighborhood!

lardass 02-21-2005 06:17 PM

I think you will find we are quite different.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 06:19 PM

Yeah, lardass is pretty much the yin to my yang.

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:19 PM

roy why u tellin evryone our bisnes?

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

I think you will find we are quite different.

Don't matter to me.

GC never really bothered me. Slayer however has been the only person I've considered putting on ignore. Then again, I'd miss him making such a fool of himself all the time.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenn_steph

Shaddup ho.

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

ROFL

R ya pregnit yet?!

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:21 PM

huh?

tk13 02-21-2005 06:21 PM

Uh oh, she's here. Turn 'em out boys, party's over. :)

http://www.igoli.gov.za/images/light-switch.jpg

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Yeah, lardass is pretty much the yin to my yang.

Please, keep it in your bedroom and don't bring it out here!

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:23 PM

Im not pregg, Roy sez he can work a condom

lardass 02-21-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

Don't matter to me.

GC never really bothered me. Slayer however has been the only person I've considered putting on ignore. Then again, I'd miss him making such a fool of himself all the time.

Hmmm every site I have ever posted at that GC was on, he pretty much pissed off 85% of the population on the board. The other 15% rarely had any dealings with him. ;)

Eleazar 02-21-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

ROFL

R ya pregnit yet?!

suddup you, it's lurve.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Hmmm every site I have ever posted at that GC was on, he pretty much pissed off 85% of the population on the board. The other 15% rarely had any dealings with him. ;)

Probably 50-50 here. Used to be much worse.

tk13 02-21-2005 06:26 PM

I don't know, I think this chick is actually Iowanian. I can't tell the difference to be honest.

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:27 PM

I dont know what a Iwoanian is, I wanna know why Roy is telling private stuff

FloridaChief 02-21-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I don't know, I think this chick is actually Iowanian. I can't tell the difference to be honest.

Damn - I was thinking the same thing!

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:28 PM

Quote:

suddup you, it's lurve.

lol

So dis mean I gots ta gitsa gif?

I canna afferd none athat nufangled teepee i ere dese kids like

Color Red 02-21-2005 06:29 PM

I think the idea of getting married for the sake of getting married by a certain age is a bit dicey. You might want to pay more attention to identifying who this person is you're getting married to, and of course, what kind of person you are that is getting married. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I have one question: how long are you planning on being married?

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:29 PM

Quote:

ROFL

|Zach| 02-21-2005 06:29 PM

Quote:

ROFL I like having this guy around.

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color Red
I think the idea of getting married for the sake of getting married by a certain age is a bit dicey. You might want to pay more attention to identifying who this person is you're getting married to, and of course, what kind of person you are that is getting married. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I have one question: how long are you planning on being married?

As long as it takes to pop out a couple welfare babies to pay for the beer.

;)

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
ROFL I like having this guy around.

Lardass is both articulate and funny, he will be a good addition.

Just wait until KC visits Dallas this year...he's a Cowboys fan.

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color Red

forever. I care for him he cares for me thats why I ask him to

bogie 02-21-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Roy says you and he are talkin about gittin hitched.

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Cuz he said he likes messin around with other chicks and you wouldn't find out about it.

If you wanna get him back, go mess around with Slayer.

:p

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Lardass is both articulate and funny, he will be a good addition.

Just wait until KC visits Dallas this year...he's a Cowboys fan.

Yeah, I noticed the fairy helmet in his avatar.

Very disappointed.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Very disappointed.

I think it's great we have another non-KC fan here....just adding to the population. I believe he's the first Dallas fan.

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:35 PM

hes not messing around! he cares for me!

tk13 02-21-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Damn - I was thinking the same thing!

Quick, let's set a trap. Somebody sign up and pretend you're a naked lonely sheep looking for love. If she bites, we've got our man.

chiefs4me 02-21-2005 06:36 PM

Quote:

Fine, run my IP...

Way to be hospitable.

I was starting to believe you were new.....until you dropped the line about Slayer...now I know you're full of crap. Who are you really?:hmmm:

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:36 PM

why u all think we shouldnt get married?

Eleazar 02-21-2005 06:36 PM

Quote:

hes not messing around! he cares for me!

He don't love you, he loves your doggystyle

lardass 02-21-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Very disappointed.

Here, let me play the saddest song for you on the world's smallest violin. :D

Saulbadguy 02-21-2005 06:37 PM

ROFL!!!

KcMizzou 02-21-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Quick, let's set a trap. Somebody sign up and pretend you're a naked lonely sheep looking for love. If she bites, we've got our man.

ROFL

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:38 PM

huh?

FloridaChief 02-21-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Somebody sign up and pretend you're a naked lonely sheep looking for love.

Why not? Wouldn't be the first time I've done it...

Saulbadguy 02-21-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

huh?

pics plz..nekkid.

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 06:40 PM

u all just jealous cuz u dont get any

unlurking 02-21-2005 06:40 PM

Quote:

Here, let me play the saddest song for you on the world's smallest violin. :D

Or we could just trade you for Slayer?

How would you like to become a Chiefs fan? Dallas doesn't have enough pre-pubescent male fans for the ranch hands to play with.

;)

lardass 02-21-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Dallas doesn't have enough pre-pubescent male fans for the ranch hands to play with.

;)

I dont have a problem with KC... If I did, I wouldnt waste my time being here.

As for the ranch hands, obviously you are more ''up'' on that than I am. ;)

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 07:48 PM

how come no one thinks we should get married?

Saulbadguy 02-21-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Roy...if it really mattered to you what people you've never met think about the topic, you shouldn't be getting married.

Iowanian 02-21-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

That's my definition based on facts and experience. You have your own experience going for you, so you have your own definition to work with.

BTW, FWIW, I find this defensiveness rather interesting...

Alright slayer.......you snot nosed hairlip.

Please refrain from giving any further marraige advice, until you've had more than one car date, that your mother didn't drive. Please Also refrain from giving wedding night advice until you've broken the package on your own wedding tackle.............Then give it 4-5 well practiced years.

You'd do yourself a favor to read more and type less on these issues.

Crimmeny..........You probably haven't even figured out that you CAN toss off with the OTHER Hand Yet.

lardass 02-21-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

ya'll done is not thought this thru enuff.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

ya'll done is not thought this thru enuff.

gittin hitch-ed is like buyin' a steer at market. Ya don't wan'ta pick tha' firs' one ya sees.

tenn_steph 02-21-2005 07:55 PM

huh?

Saulbadguy 02-21-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

huh?

ROFL