ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poop Robert Pattinson... is Batman. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322984)

CarlosCarson27 10-23-2020 02:13 PM

Robert Pattinson... is Batman.

No he isnt

tk13 10-16-2021 03:16 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mqqft2x_Aa4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 10-16-2021 03:55 PM

Looking pretty damn good, I'm in

listopencil 10-16-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15896311)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mqqft2x_Aa4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the visual style in the trailer. It has a gritty old alt comic feel to it. Reminds me of some old Western comic books. I wonder if they can maintain that through an entire movie.

Easy 6 10-16-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15896380)
I like the visual style in the trailer. It has a gritty old alt comic feel to it. Reminds me of some old Western comic books. I wonder if they can maintain that through an entire movie.

Yep, we now know that if nothing else... its a very stylistic, good looking movie

Frazod 10-16-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15896311)

That looks ****ing awesome. :rockon:

Sure-Oz 10-16-2021 04:49 PM

This looks fantastic.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2021 06:12 PM

Looks less cerebral than The Dark Knight, and far more fun.

Dare I say a halfway point between Tim Burton and Chris Nolan?

Easy 6 10-16-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15896472)

I'm not seeing any of Burtons campy, cartoonish style at all... this looks like its taking itself seriously

listopencil 10-16-2021 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15896472)

It has Gothic elements, but not at all in the cartoonish, distorted style of Tim Burton. Burton has all the grit and gravitas of an amusement park ride.

Frazod 10-16-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15896509)
It has Gothic elements, but not at all in the cartoonish, distorted style of Tim Burton. Burton has all the grit and gravitas of an amusement park ride.

I certainly prefer Burton's cartoonish, distorted style to the overthought and overwrought crap Nolan delivered in his last two Batman movies. I did like his first one, though.

Buehler445 10-16-2021 07:50 PM

There are some really REALLY ****ing nice shots. The zoom shots on his face in the mask still looks like a weak chinned millennial. But the action scenes look like they ****ing bring it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15896503)
I'm not seeing any of Burtons campy, cartoonish style at all... this looks like its taking itself seriously

There were a couple scenes in the nightclub that looked a little cartoonish.

Easy 6 10-16-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15896550)
I certainly prefer Burton's cartoonish, distorted style to the overthought and overwrought crap Nolan delivered in his last two Batman movies. I did like his first one, though.

The Dark Knight was "overwrought crap"?

I will never see you in the same light again, that take is relegated to the trash heap of history :harumph:

Frazod 10-16-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15896572)
The Dark Knight was "overwrought crap"?

I will never see you in the same light again, that take is relegated to the trash heap of history :harumph:

Yes, it was. There was just no way in hell the Joker could have engineered all the crap he pulled off. It was ridiculous. Ledger was a decent Joker, but not as good as Nicholson, and the endless ballwashing of the guy was way over the top. Also, this was the beginning of Nolan's incessant need to make the plot of each movie more and more over-the-top convoluted. I absolutely loathe Nolan at this point and have never been shy about saying it. I disliked the next one even more, didn't care for Inception, hated Interstellar, and when he went all artsy-fartsy time jumping in Dunkirk, that was the last straw. You'd have to Clockwork Orange me to get me to watch another one of his ****ing films.

And it all started here.

And also, Maggie Gyllenhaal is uglier than a bulldog's asshole.

Wallcrawler 10-16-2021 10:49 PM

I raised an eyebrow at him just strolling through machinegun fire, but this definitely looks ****ing awesome.

Buehler445 10-16-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15896675)
I raised an eyebrow at him just strolling through machinegun fire, but this definitely looks ****ing awesome.

Yeah. Even if his suit is magically fully bullet proof, he just has to take one in the exposed jaw and it’s a bad day.

Besides that, in real life a few green tips and he’s done.

But whatever. I’ll never be that bad ass

listopencil 10-17-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15896660)
Yes, it was. There was just no way in hell the Joker could have engineered all the crap he pulled off. It was ridiculous. Ledger was a decent Joker, but not as good as Nicholson, and the endless ballwashing of the guy was way over the top. Also, this was the beginning of Nolan's incessant need to make the plot of each movie more and more over-the-top convoluted. I absolutely loathe Nolan at this point and have never been shy about saying it. I disliked the next one even more, didn't care for Inception, hated Interstellar, and when he went all artsy-fartsy time jumping in Dunkirk, that was the last straw. You'd have to Clockwork Orange me to get me to watch another one of his ****ing films.

And it all started here.

Well; I liked Ledger's Joker more, I enjoyed Inception, but I agree about Gyllenhaal.

Upon Edit: Tenet was crap

Frazod 10-17-2021 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15896724)
Well; I liked Ledger's Joker more, I enjoyed Inception, but I agree about Gyllenhaal.

She was so jarringly unattractive that she took me out of every scene she was in. I kept wondering how in the hell a billionaire superhero and hot shot lawyer would get embroiled in a love triangle with a woman so ugly that I wouldn't have given her a second glance at last call when I was too drunk to walk. Is she a better actress than Katie Holmes? Maybe, but who cares? :shake:

Quote:

I'll take your word for it.

listopencil 10-17-2021 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15896729)
She was so jarringly unattractive that she took me out of every scene she was in. I kept wondering how in the hell a billionaire superhero and hot shot lawyer would get embroiled in a love triangle with a woman so ugly that I wouldn't have given her a second glance at last call when I was too drunk to walk. Is she a better actress than Katie Holmes? Maybe, but who cares? :shake:

I'd rather do dirty things to Anne Hathaway, but I'd prefer Holmes over Glllenhll (**** spelling) any day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15896729)
I'll take your word for it.

Good idea.

lawrenceRaider 10-17-2021 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15896724)

The maddening thing about Nolan movies is that they are so close to being fantastic, but fall short. Watched Tenet on a long flight after running out of other options. So ****ing close to being great, but just missed it enough to ruin what should have been an amazing flick.

The Dark Knight just snuck in to being a good movie. I disagree about Gyllenhal. Is she beautiful? No, not even close. She is sexy as hell though, which is an entirely different thing. The french call it jolie laide, literally beautiful ugly. The 3rd movie is unwatchable bad.

Back to the Batman movie the thread is about. It looks ****ing amazing.

lawrenceRaider 10-17-2021 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15896735)
I'd rather do dirty things to Anne Hathaway, but I'd prefer Holmes over Glllenhll (**** spelling) any day.

Good idea.

Anne Hathaway over those other two every day and 10 times on Sunday. Better looking and a better actress.

sully1983 10-17-2021 08:42 AM

This looks insanely good. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check but it does appear to look like Matt Reeves has knocked it out of the park with this one.

Also it looks sooooooo much than that new Spider boy sequel (that just looks too goofy and kiddie for my taste and I've grown tired of the MCU's same boring predictable formula movies. The Batman on the other hand looks bold & a refreshing new take on the caped crusader.

Bring on The Batman!

sully1983 10-17-2021 08:51 AM

Also, I've been sometimes checking out this movie news website called "worldofreel.com" and they've been posting good & legit info on a number of upcoming movies as of late (they've been right and on the money with a lot of their movie scoops). They posted that there have been some test screenings of The Batman that have been shown at Warner Bros headquarters.

Do NOT click on the SPOILER link below if you want to avoid some potential spoilers.

Spoiler!

Sure-Oz 10-17-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15896682)
Yeah. Even if his suit is magically fully bullet proof, he just has to take one in the exposed jaw and it’s a bad day.

Besides that, in real life a few green tips and he’s done.

But whatever. I’ll never be that bad ass

He even says in the trailer he doesn't give a shit about himself. Obviously not concerned at this point of his bat life about taking direct shots even from AR's. In that scene you can tell he dgaf... pretty badass.

listopencil 10-17-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15125497)
This looks amazing.

I’m getting some serious Se7en vibes. Feels darker than Nolan’s Batman/universe.

Same here.

sully1983 10-17-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15896660)

And it all started here.

Your comment regarding Maggie Gyllenhaal nearly made me spit out my drinkROFL And I agree with it too. On top of being an overrated actress, Maggie is not even remotely attractive (butter face at best) and came across as a stuck up snob Katie Holmes was much more likable and of course way more attractive as Rachel Dawes.

Despite all that, I still consider The Dark Knight to be one of my favorite films ever made and also consider it to be a cinematic game changer. I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring / good casting choice for the Joker but I didn't think he would be THAT good.:eek: It all came down to the creepy / unique voice and I was in awe of Ledger whenever he was on screen (especially the interrogation scene. Well deserved Oscar win by Ledger).

I also give Nolan a pass for the Joker's vague whereabouts and being able to pull off all the shit he did. Its a comic book movie after all. and doesn't need to be totally grounded or realistic.
Also The Dark Knight features one of my favorite endings ever (the closing monologue by Commissioner Gordon gives me goosebumps every time I give it a re watch)

MarkDavis'Haircut 10-30-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15896985)
Your comment regarding Maggie Gyllenhaal nearly made me spit out my drinkROFL And I agree with it too. On top of being an overrated actress, Maggie is not even remotely attractive (butter face at best) and came across as a stuck up snob Katie Holmes was much more likable and of course way more attractive as Rachel Dawes.

Despite all that, I still consider The Dark Knight to be one of my favorite films ever made and also consider it to be a cinematic game changer. I always thought Heath Ledger was an inspiring / good casting choice for the Joker but I didn't think he would be THAT good.:eek: It all came down to the creepy / unique voice and I was in awe of Ledger whenever he was on screen (especially the interrogation scene. Well deserved Oscar win by Ledger).

I also give Nolan a pass for the Joker's vague whereabouts and being able to pull off all the shit he did. Its a comic book movie after all. and doesn't need to be totally grounded or realistic.
Also The Dark Knight features one of my favorite endings ever (the closing monologue by Commissioner Gordon gives me goosebumps every time I give it a re watch)

I agree that comic book moves don't have to be grounded or realistic. In fact, I hate when they try to make them that way. That being said, The Dark Knight portrayed itself as a realistic movie so the Joker's ridiculous and contrived plan didn't fit.

Good movie but vastly overrated.

lcarus 10-31-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15896503)

I like a lot of things about the Burton movies and hell, even the awful Schumacher movies that followed them. Cool visuals, memorable soundtracks, absolute nostalgia frickin overload. And I love my 90s nostalgia. But as far as sitting down to watch a movie, I'd sit down to watch the Nolan trilogy before I'd sit down to watch any of those movies again. In fact it's been a while since I watched them. Especially Batman Begins. Might be time to give them a whirl.

Easy 6 10-31-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15922230)
I like a lot of things about the Burton movies and hell, even the awful Schumacher movies that followed them. Cool visuals, memorable soundtracks, absolute nostalgia frickin overload. And I love my 90s nostalgia. But as far as sitting down to watch a movie, I'd sit down to watch the Nolan trilogy before I'd sit down to watch any of those movies again. In fact it's been a while since I watched them. Especially Batman Begins. Might be time to give them a whirl.

I loved all of them back in the day, but they just didn't age well IMO... but hey, to each their own :thumb:

Mennonite 10-31-2021 09:03 AM

The problem with a super serious Batman movie is that it's a story about a guy dressing up as a ****ing bat and fighting clowns, penguins, and some dork who has a hardon for riddles.

You have to create a reality where things that are patently absurd can be treated seriously. The "world outside your door" setting just doesn't work for me. The 90s cartoon was set in a Gotham that was part film noir and part World's Fair art deco. There was futuristic technology but the tvs were all black and white.

I'm so damn sick of comic book movies. But I've been a broken record on that subject for 20 years now and things aren't likely to change any time soon.

listopencil 10-31-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15922255)
The problem with a super serious Batman movie is that it's a story about a guy dressing up as a ****ing bat and fighting clowns, penguins, and some dork who has a hardon for riddles.

You have to look at it as a collection of characters who aren't really sane by any normal standard, and Batman as the 'good' crazy guy saving all of us from the 'bad' ones. Bruce Wayne is the fictional alter ego. He no longer exists. He died when his parents did. The Batman/Joker relationship is obvious of course. Catwoman as well. Penguin as a mob boss and Riddler as a serial killer might work.

Mennonite 10-31-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15922274)
The Batman/Joker relationship is obvious of course.

Yes, bats and clowns are natural enemies.

listopencil 10-31-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15922289)
Yes, bats and clowns are natural enemies.

Dang. You missed it that badly? Hard to believe but I guess it happens.

BWillie 11-01-2021 08:25 AM

This glittery vampire girly man better not **** this up.

staylor26 11-01-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15923686)

You can always tell somebody who hasn’t watched Pattinson in the last 10 years when they think of him as the guy from Twilight while questioning his acting ability.

Spoiler Alert: he’s going to knock it out of the ****ing park

ThaVirus 11-01-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15924149)
You can always tell somebody who hasn’t watched Pattinson in the last 10 years when they think of him as the guy from Twilight while questioning his acting ability.

Spoiler Alert: he’s going to knock it out of the ****ing park

It's like they learned nothing from the Heath Ledger debacle. Literally the same shit is being said now.

Let's wait to see how he does..

staylor26 11-01-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15924155)
It's like they learned nothing from the Heath Ledger debacle. Literally the same shit is being said now.

Let's wait to see how he does..

Yea, it seems like with Batman in particular, people never give the benefit of the doubt when there is an unexpected casting of a major role. If it’s not an obvious choice, it must be a bad one.

In this case, many just see it as the Twilight guy playing Batman. Pattinson has proven to be a great actor over the last decade. He himself is embarrassed by and hates the Twilight bs.

I have full faith in Pattinson as Batman with Reeves directing.

Sassy Squatch 11-01-2021 04:45 PM

To be fair, Pattinson hasn't been helped by all the rumors of how much of a **** he's been during filming, true or not.

Frazod 11-01-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15924584)
To be fair, Pattinson hasn't been helped by all the rumors of how much of a **** he's been during filming, true or not.

Also to be fair, the last actor to portray Batman wasn’t exactly Mr. Congeniality.

notorious 11-01-2021 05:19 PM

Pattinson will be fine.

Dude can act.

lcarus 11-02-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15922233)
I loved all of them back in the day, but they just didn't age well IMO... but hey, to each their own :thumb:

What has aged well is Batman The Animated Series. I was all about that shit when I was a kid. I'd get picked up from school and had to go be a prisoner at my parents shop until 5:30. Fortunately they had a shitty little 90s TV that ONLY got in Fox through the antenna so I'd watch Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Batman. Good times.

sully1983 11-02-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15923686)

He won't. I don't blame him one bit for taking the lead role in those god awful Twilight movies either. He made so much money from them that he is set for life and has been picking & choosing a lot of interesting /personal passion projects over the years. He was tremendous in Good Time, solid in The Lost City of Z, good in The Rover, held his own against Willem Dafoe, etc etc

He was also slick & cool in Christopher Nolan's Tenet. Honestly, the only two films post Twilight that I didn't like at all were Cosmopolis & Maps to the Stars (both directed by David Cronenberg) Just wasn't feeling those 2 films.

With Matt Reeves directing I have full confidence that Pattinson will give a good to great performance as Batman/ Bruce Wayne.
Speaking of Matt Reeves, imo he is sorta the anti JJ Abrams. Ironically, Abrams and Reeves have been friends since their early teens. I know they are both known for rebooting, remaking films or sequels but Reeves just seems like such a superior director and adds a lot more character development to his films and also understands how to further the plot and his films feel like they have a lot more substance in them compared to Jar Jar. Hell, Reeves made me care so much about a cgi/motion capture chimp in those Planet of the Apes sequels. lol

Sure-Oz 11-03-2021 06:46 PM

He's a great actor. I've pretty much forgotten the twilight shit since I've seen other movies of his. I think this will be great

Mephistopheles Janx 11-03-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15924584)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15924635)
Also to be fair, the last actor to portray Batman wasn’t exactly Mr. Congeniality.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/Nl6T8...czq3/giphy.gif

listopencil 11-04-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15931056)

He was also slick & cool in Christopher Nolan's Tenet.

I had forgotten about that because the movie annoyed me. A little bit at first but the more I thought about it the more it annoyed me, and now I hate it. But I did think that Pattinson did a pretty good job of playing his role in it and I recall that I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.

CoMoChief 11-05-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15929765)
What has aged well is Batman The Animated Series. I was all about that shit when I was a kid. I'd get picked up from school and had to go be a prisoner at my parents shop until 5:30. Fortunately they had a shitty little 90s TV that ONLY got in Fox through the antenna so I'd watch Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Batman. Good times.

Batman Animated Series is one of the greatest cartoons of all time.

XMen cartoon from that era was also kickass.

Currently, the Avengers Assemble series has been a good cartoon as well for the better part of the last decade.

Was also a huge TMNT fan growing up so I watched that cartoon as well.

Sat mornings were awesome in the early 90s.

I recently watched Batman vs TMNT. A fairly entertaining crossover short movie. Good fight between Batman and Shredder.

Sure-Oz 02-28-2022 01:21 PM

Reviews are out 91% on Rotten tomatoes on 127 reviews. Can't wait to see it.

Valiant 02-28-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15896798)
The maddening thing about Nolan movies is that they are so close to being fantastic, but fall short. Watched Tenet on a long flight after running out of other options. So ****ing close to being great, but just missed it enough to ruin what should have been an amazing flick.

The Dark Knight just snuck in to being a good movie. I disagree about Gyllenhal. Is she beautiful? No, not even close. She is sexy as hell though, which is an entirely different thing. The french call it jolie laide, literally beautiful ugly. The 3rd movie is unwatchable bad.

Back to the Batman movie the thread is about. It looks ****ing amazing.

My problem with the dark knight trilogy. It wasn't Batman. It seemed like Bourne identity, mission impossible, Kingsman or a bond movie cosplaying as Batman.

They weren't horrible. But not a Batman movie.

chiefzilla1501 02-28-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15933615)
I had forgotten about that because the movie annoyed me. A little bit at first but the more I thought about it the more it annoyed me, and now I hate it. But I did think that Pattinson did a pretty good job of playing his role in it and I recall that I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.

For sure. I thought the choice for him to play batman was weird but after watching tenet I think it might just work.

Molitoth 02-28-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 16168535)
My problem with the dark knight trilogy. It wasn't Batman. It seemed like Bourne identity, mission impossible, Kingsman or a bond movie cosplaying as Batman.

They weren't horrible. But not a Batman movie.

oof.

Simply Red 02-28-2022 11:59 PM

he'll be fine, nothing wrong w/ him. Trailer was good.

Sure-Oz 03-01-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16168561)
For sure. I thought the choice for him to play batman was weird but after watching tenet I think it might just work.

He's a good actor if people actually watch his other shit and don't just think about twilight which he knew was garbage.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2022 11:44 AM

just can't get excited for this

BWillie 03-01-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16169713)
just can't get excited for this

Yeah I think it's too dark & gritty for you. Not enough child like superhero stuff like Star Wars.

Sorry for the troll :)

Looks good to me as long as the fairy vampire actor doesn't mess it up. I'm going to see it tomorrow in Imax. I will report back. Batman (and Superman) are really just about the only Super Hero movies I usually like.

Easy 6 03-01-2022 06:51 PM

Waiting until next weekend for the crowds to dwindle a bit, but yeah the reviews look great and I'm all in soon enough

Frazod 03-01-2022 07:05 PM

I'll let the crowds dwindle a bit as well, but yeah, I definitely plan on seeing this in the theater.

Cheater5 03-01-2022 07:17 PM

Looks better than the completely forgettable turn by Ben Affleck. I’ll check it out in a few months or so when it’s free, lol.

CoMoChief 03-03-2022 12:30 AM

Supposedly this is a really good film.

I'll be seeing it tomorrow.

Still think Pattinson looks skinny n silly as the Bat, regardless of whether he plays the part well. I just never thought he looked the part, even though this appears to be a younger Batman.

BWillie 03-03-2022 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 16172644)

Still think Pattinson looks skinny n silly as the Bat, regardless of whether he plays the part well. I just never thought he looked the part, even though this appears to be a younger Batman.

Looks fine when he has the suit on. His "batman" voice is actually better than Bales. Really weird when hes Bruce Wayne though. Its a good movie but man is it dark and gritty. You kinda need to be prepared for it. Very good though I just like Nolans Batman better.

Sure-Oz 03-03-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 16172644)

Apparently this may be a year 2 Batman. I'm hoping to see it in the next week or two. Heard good things too

Sassy Squatch 03-03-2022 06:38 PM

Way better than I expected. In some ways I think it actually outperforms Nolan's Batman.

staylor26 03-03-2022 06:56 PM

10/10.

Easily one of the best comic book movies ever, and it might even be better than TDK.

Sassy Squatch 03-03-2022 07:04 PM

At the very least it got really ****ing close. Kind of feel the same way just getting out of the theater but it's definitely the best origin story movie of all time.

If they manage to get Phoenix back to play Joker.....

Tribal Warfare 03-03-2022 08:06 PM

A mix of The Zodiac Killer and Saw

BWillie 03-03-2022 09:28 PM

Marvel ppl arent gonna like this lolol

Too much True Detectiveish and not enough childrens movie super hero shit

Rams Fan 03-03-2022 10:40 PM

This movie's incredible.

Bump 03-04-2022 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 16170422)
Looks better than the completely forgettable turn by Ben Affleck. I’ll check it out in a few months or so when it’s free, lol.

completely forgettable. That's a perfect description.

I always love a good batman movie. I'll try to check this one out from what I'm hearing.

Frazod 03-04-2022 06:37 AM

Going to see it today.

Jerm 03-04-2022 10:08 AM

Saw it last night….man….the movie I’ve wanted since I was kid and falling in love with the character.

The casting was so on point…Pattinson/Wright killed it, the Riddler is terrifying too.

Batman the Animated Series is my favorite Batman thing ever and this felt close to that in so many ways….can’t wait to see what’s next.

The Franchise 03-04-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16174197)
Marvel ppl arent gonna like this lolol

Too much True Detectiveish and not enough childrens movie super hero shit

Good God....shut the **** up about it. For not liking those movies...you damn sure like to bring them up ALL THE ****ING TIME.

BWillie 03-04-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16174712)
Good God....shut the **** up about it. For not liking those movies...you damn sure like to bring them up ALL THE ****ING TIME.

Notice I said I liked this one...

Batman is my favorite superhero and it's not even close.

This is definitely not a movie to take your kid to. They won't like it.

Mr. Plow 03-04-2022 11:55 AM

This one I'll wait until it hits HBO Max to see it.

Tribal Warfare 03-04-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 16174963)
This one I'll wait until it hits HBO Max to see it.

It's good, it isn't of the Batman & Robin ilk

ChiefBlueCFC 03-04-2022 12:28 PM

I was on the fence about this one when it was first announced, then I saw the trailer and got a little more excited and now that I am hearing what people are saying and I might go see it tonight

Frazod 03-04-2022 01:38 PM

Well, that ****ing rocked. Loved it. A nice combination of the basic elements of Batman with a little Seven and Fight Club thrown in. And what I really liked was what WASN'T in it. No super powers. No gods. No aliens. No spaceships. No magic. No mutants. And no ridiculously labyrinthian Nolan plot. The bad guys were just.... bad guys. After two decades of all the overwrought Marvel/Justice League crap, I found it to be completely refreshing.

Pattinson was rock solid as Batman. And the new Batmobile is awesome.

Looking forward to the next one already.

Mr. Plow 03-04-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16174971)
It's good, it isn't of the Batman & Robin ilk

Sounds like people are enjoying it so far, so at minimum I'll give it a few weeks to make sure it's worth the money. Something about it just turns me off. Admittedly, I haven't seen all the trailers for it so I'm not 100% sure what it is.

Gravedigger 03-04-2022 11:36 PM

At first I kinda just got Watchmen vibes from this movie. Something that was noticeably different from the start that I would enjoy but never watch again really. More of a chore to watch it than I intended. However as the story progressed and characters started being fleshed out it was really fun and interesting. Colin Farrell as the Penguin was pretty damn awesome, just an impressive transformation and the best acting I’ve seen of him yet. I loved Catwomans and Batman’s relationship in this movie, just playful, mysterious, sexual tension, Robert Pattinson and Zoe Kravitz were great. The Riddler was good, Paul Dano did a really good job even though you don’t see a lot of Dano, it’s more him in the disguise than anything with a voice modulator. There are some really great action scenes as well, even though the camera work was a little awkward, where the angle they were trying to show was great but sometimes it just didn’t work. This movie is a little too dark, could’ve used a little bit more light to make out what was going on. I think the best part about this movie was Gotham and how they built that world. Just an A+ job making Gotham look so distraught and hopeless. Alfred was only in like two scenes so I wish for the three hour runtime they put more banter in between him and Bruce. Overall I’d rate it as a great movie, probably my fourth favorite Batman movie behind Dark Knight, Batman, and on par with Begins and Rises. It’s unlike any other Batman movie they’ve put out there but if you can wrap your head around that it’s really good.

Frazod 03-05-2022 12:20 AM

The only one I liked more than this was the 2005 Batman Begins.

Tribal Warfare 03-05-2022 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16175774)
The only one I liked more than this was the 2005 Batman Begins.

The Zodiac killer angle was interesting. If they do a sequel with the Joker how they improve the nature will be interesting considering the Riddler pulled the same moves that the Clown Prince of Crime would execute. Though, they may have tipped their hand with subtle nuance of "Hush" in one of the clues

sully1983 03-05-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 14272317)

lol you're post hasn't aged quite well. :LOL:

Pattinson knocked it out of the park imo. Saw this yesterday at a 10am showing and was blown away by it.

I loved Bruce Wayne's grungy unkempt look (the use of that Nirvana song in this film was quite fitting ) Also Pattinson's Batman voice was much better than Bale's voice. Like by quite a bit. Pattinson's version of Batman/Bruce Wayne was spectacular. Bale basically just did his smug/fake Patrick Bateman(American Psycho) act while as Bruce Wayne while Pattinson portrayed him as damaged and obsessed with his duty of protecting Gotham to the point of madness. Pattinson rarely if ever smiled in this, wore sunglasses in his mansion, totally detached from the world and anti-social to the t (you'd never see this Bruce Wayne driving around in a Ferrari with a bunch of super models like Bale's Bruce Wayne)

Matt Reeves did a tremendous job here and the nearly 3 hour run time was totally justified imo. Obviously Reeves was inspired big time by Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and how could he not be? The Dark Knight was a cinematic game changer and so many big budget movies that came after it tried to emulate it.

The fight scenes in The Batman are vastly superior to any of the fight scenes in Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. As well as much better camera angles and the night club scene in The Batman blows the night club scene in The Dark Knight out of the water.

I have so much more to say about this incredible movie but gotta be somewhere pretty soon. Will add more thoughts later.

I highly recommend seeing this in theaters. I plan on seeing it again next week because I'm sure I missed some things .