ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335212)

Bob Dole 12-13-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15396221)
I'm not, Bob. **** off, man. All of you with this shit.

Still reads like drunk posting.

Priest31kc 12-13-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15396094)
There's a difference between criticizing him for a bad mistake during a single game compared to saying the dude is just an average QB and is totally propped up by weapons/Reid. That hot take is absolutely out there from jealous fans of other teams.

Yep. I need to stop reading the replies on Twitter. Casual football fans suck.

eDave 12-13-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 15396227)
Still reads like drunk posting.

How in the world did my first one sound like it? That was a horrible sack.

Pitt Gorilla 12-13-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15396094)
There's a difference between criticizing him for a bad mistake during a single game compared to saying the dude is just an average QB and is totally propped up by weapons/Reid. That hot take is absolutely out there from jealous fans of other teams.

Here's one from the game thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 15392006)
is that what you get for a half billion bucks

There's a ton more where that came from.

DRM08 12-13-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15396288)
Here's one from the game thread:

There's a ton more where that came from.

I don't have a problem with people taking a shot at him on the contract, but it needs to be in later years when he's actually getting paid the big money. Dude's salary right now is absolute chump change compared to his performance. Only around $5M cap hit this year.

mr. tegu 12-13-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15396306)
I don't have a problem with people taking a shot at him on the contract, but it needs to be in later years when he's actually getting paid the big money. Dude's salary right now is absolute chump change compared to his performance. Only around $5M cap hit this year.

That’s silly. Given the salary cap, there is no world in which Mahomes will ever not be worth every penny he makes.

tk13 12-13-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15394852)
The hot takes about him on social media are unbearable.

People DESPERATELY want to see him fail. Every not perfect thing he does is the worst thing in the world.

Every time he has a less than otherworldly game I have to stay off Twitter because it just pisses me off.

Get used to it, we're going to be hearing it for 15 years.

"Look at the weapons he has!" "He's propped up by Andy Reid!" "He has the refs in his pocket!" and on and on.

DRM08 12-13-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15396326)
That’s silly. Given the salary cap, there is no world in which Mahomes will ever not be worth every penny he makes.

I agree, but I am just saying I can understand someone bashing his contract when he's having a bad game and getting paid $40+ million per year. But right now? He is still insanely cheap for the franchise at $5M cap hit.

Redbled 12-13-2020 11:50 PM

The more critics of Patrick there are the happier we will be. We will be winning and competing for a title every year for the next decade and a half. Revel in it my lads.

Chief Northman 12-13-2020 11:58 PM

Superbowls for me.
Rodgers can win MVP the rest of his career for all I care.

keg in kc 12-14-2020 12:42 AM

The fact that we're calling a 380 yard, 2 td, 3 int game that the team won "bad" shows how Mahomes can be a victim of his own success. He makes routine (for him) throws on a weekly basis that would be highlights for most quarterbacks that have *ever* played, not just the ones on the field now. I've said this before but t's going to be difficult for him to get another MVP unless he's so statistically far ahead of the rest that the league has no choice. And that may not ever happen again. Posting numbers similar to or even a little better than other qb's, like Rodgers this year, looks more like he's a little off his game, because the bar he set for himself is 50/5000. He's expected to be special, so having "one of the best" years just isn't enough.

Buehler445 12-14-2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15396435)
The fact that we're calling a 380 yard, 2 td, 3 int game that the team won "bad" shows how Mahomes can be a victim of his own success. He makes routine (for him) throws on a weekly basis that would be highlights for most quarterbacks that have *ever* played, not just the ones on the field now. I've said this before but t's going to be difficult for him to get another MVP unless he's so statistically far ahead of the rest that the league has no choice. And that may not ever happen again. Posting numbers similar to or even a little better than other qb's, like Rodgers this year, looks more like he's a little off his game, because the bar he set for himself is 50/5000. He's expected to be special, so having "one of the best" years just isn't enough.

In fairness to Rodgers, he also does some ridiculous things. I don't have too much issue with him winning it if that's how it shakes out.

TinyEvel 12-14-2020 03:25 AM

I don't care if Mahomes had thrown 4 interceptions and took a 40 years sack. Why not? 9 reasons:

Damon Huard.
Tyler Thigpen.
Matt Cassel.
Brodie Croyle.
Kyle Orton.
Bady Quinn.
Tyler Palko.
Chase Daniel.
Nick Foles.

Sannyasi 12-14-2020 06:07 AM

Mahomes is still the MVP favorite according to the betting lines. Rodgers gained a lot of ground, but if both of them have normal games for the last 3 weeks then Mahomes will probably win.

UChieffyBugger 12-14-2020 06:38 AM

Rodgers has been feasting on BAD teams all year. The guy has played THREE teams who have winning records right now!!..THREE FFS. Indy, Saints and Tampa...and he lost two of those. The other teams he's faced are Lions twice, San Fran who had their whole team out injured, Jags, Texans, Vikings, Bears etc..just average to poor teams.

Meanwhile Pat has faced Bills, Ravens, Miami, Tampa, Raiders etc. Yes he's faced some weak teams too but Denver, Patriots and Chargers all have decent defenses and have won four or more games at least.

Rodgers's nightmare at Tampa should never be forgotten. Pat was a mixed bag yesterday but still won and put up yards and td's. Rodgers folded in Tampa and also had a very poor game against the Jags that folks swept under the carpet.

NEOM 12-14-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15396435)

Posts like these are the reason why many people or football fans from other franchises want Mahomes to fail.

There are other QBs in the league who have done special stuff on the field, e.g. Rodgers frequently over his career showed his incredible skill-set, there is a reason why many call him the greatest QB (not the accomplished) from a talent / skill perspective.

It is unfortunate for him that Green Bay never really surrounded with massive talent or drafted properly. With such a talent / skill set, Rodgers deserves at least 2-3 Super Bowl rings. Sticking with McCarthy for too long was also a massive mistake.

As he said, down years for him are career highs for other QBs, same can be said about Mahomes.

mr. tegu 12-14-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15396539)
Posts like these are the reason why many people or football fans from other franchises want Mahomes to fail.

There are other QBs in the league who have done special stuff on the field, e.g. Rodgers frequently over his career showed his incredible skill-set, there is a reason why many call him the greatest QB (not the accomplished) from a talent / skill perspective.

It is unfortunate for him that Green Bay never really surrounded with massive talent or drafted properly. With such a talent / skill set, Rodgers deserves at least 2-3 Super Bowl rings. Sticking with McCarthy for too long was also a massive mistake.

As he said, down years for him are career highs for other QBs, same can be said about Mahomes.

Rodgers doesn’t deserve more Super Bowls because he sucks when things aren’t going great in a game and he is not a very good come from behind QB, especially late in games.

NEOM 12-14-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15396569)
Rodgers doesn’t deserve more Super Bowls because he sucks when things aren’t going great in a game and he is not a very good come from behind QB, especially late in games.

We are spoiled because we have the perfect set up, perfect coach, Mahomes, skill players on offensive side.

Dont think that Rodgers during his time had such a set up.

DRM08 12-14-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15396538)
Rodgers has been feasting on BAD teams all year. The guy has played THREE teams who have winning records right now!!..THREE FFS. Indy, Saints and Tampa...and he lost two of those. The other teams he's faced are Lions twice, San Fran who had their whole team out injured, Jags, Texans, Vikings, Bears etc..just average to poor teams.

Meanwhile Pat has faced Bills, Ravens, Miami, Tampa, Raiders etc. Yes he's faced some weak teams too but Denver, Patriots and Chargers all have decent defenses and have won four or more games at least.

Rodgers's nightmare at Tampa should never be forgotten. Pat was a mixed bag yesterday but still won and put up yards and td's. Rodgers folded in Tampa and also had a very poor game against the Jags that folks swept under the carpet.

People have short memories. Rodgers' performance (and his teammates' performance) against Tampa was a pretty epic dumpster fire. But it happened early in the season. Things are setting up very well now for Rodgers to get the regular season MVP. But I hope Mahomes will use it as motivation and show everyone who the real MVP is in the playoffs. He did it last year, I think he can do it again.

NEOM 12-14-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15396815)
People have short memories. Rodgers' performance (and his teammates' performance) against Tampa was a pretty epic dumpster fire. But it happened early in the season. Things are setting up very well now for Rodgers to get the regular season MVP. But I hope Mahomes will use it as motivation and show everyone who the real MVP is in the playoffs. He did it last year, I think he can do it again.

Mahomes will win at least 3 MVPs going forward, he's just 25 years old, he has at least 10 years left to play football on high level, unless something bad happens (injury). His goal should be to win as many Super Bowls in the next 5 years as possible with the current set up at KC.

Pretty sure Rodgers would trade this/his MVP award for another Super Bowl ring.

WarChiefs89 12-14-2020 10:56 AM

I agree with the consensus... I think it's mainly a 2 horse race with about 3-4 others needing a massive finish to the season to even be on the same level.

1a) Mahomes: 4208 yards, 33 TD, 5 int, 68.4% comp, 250 rushing yards and 2 Td's
1b) Rodgers: 3685 yards, 39 TD, 4 int, 69.6% comp, 100 rushing yards and 2 Td's

The others:
Wilson: 3685 yards, 36 TD's, 12 int, 70.4% comp, 423 rushing yards & 1 TD's
Watson: 3761 yards, 25 TD's, 6 int, 68.9% comp, 369 rushing yards & 3 TD's
Kelce: 90 catches, 1250 yards, 9 tds
Henry:1532 yards (shot at 2k for the season), 14tds

If I were a voter the above would be how I would vote today.

Kelce has a chance to get to 3rd if he shatters the TE receiving records by year-end. I think you have to break records as a skill position to be really considered.

I think Henry will sneak up on people and get a few votes. He needs 156 ypg to get to 2k. Would be the 7th player ever to get there. And he has the Lions and Texans still left.

FloridaMan88 12-14-2020 10:59 AM

Mahomes-Rodgers overall stats are relatively comparable, so it comes down to...

The Chiefs are 12-1, Green Bay is 10-3 and Aaron Rodgers has had a legitimately terrible game this season (vs Tampa, when he threw for only 160 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs).

Mahomes "worst" game of the season was yesterday and he still had 2 TD's, almost 400 yards passing and beat a playoff caliber team on the road.

That's why Mahomes should still be the MVP leader IMO.

TribalElder 12-14-2020 11:20 AM

Holy Shit

Colin Cowherd just dropped a 3 minute piece on why Aaron Rodgers is the MVP

"Mahomes benefits from Andy and all the weapons around him blah blah blah"

these media folks are such pillowbiters it's unreal

CupidStunt 12-14-2020 11:24 AM

Still the heavy favorite, and he'll lock it up next week beating the Saints on the road. Resumes:

Pat has ROAD wins over the Bills, Bucs, Ravens, Dolphins. A fluke loss too, OK.

Rodgers has a nice road win over the Saints. Cool. List of other good wins:

Losses? Tampa 38-10 (LMAO). Vikings. Colts.

WarChiefs89 12-14-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15396933)
Holy Shit

these media folks are such bundle of stickss it's unreal

It amazes me how little respect Rodgers weapons and Off staff get. I mean they have a great offensive coach in LaFleur. Since he has been there they scheme up tons of quick open passes for Rodgers. Also they have a top-3 WR in Adams, a top-3 pass catching RB in Jones, and a top-5 Oline to protect Rodgers. Sure there #2, #3 weapons aren't what the Chiefs have. But it's not like its what Deshaun Watson is dealing with in Houston. They have weapons and a staff in place that benefits Rodgers

Skyy God 12-14-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChiefs89 (Post 15396891)
I agree with the consensus... I think it's mainly a 2 horse race with about 3-4 others needing a massive finish to the season to even be on the same level.

1a) Mahomes: 4208 yards, 33 TD, 5 int, 68.4% comp, 250 rushing yards and 2 Td's
1b) Rodgers: 3685 yards, 39 TD, 4 int, 69.6% comp, 100 rushing yards and 2 Td's

The others:
Wilson: 3685 yards, 36 TD's, 12 int, 70.4% comp, 423 rushing yards & 1 TD's
Watson: 3761 yards, 25 TD's, 6 int, 68.9% comp, 369 rushing yards & 3 TD's
Kelce: 90 catches, 1250 yards, 9 tds
Henry:1532 yards (shot at 2k for the season), 14tds

If I were a voter the above would be how I would vote today.

Kelce has a chance to get to 3rd if he shatters the TE receiving records by year-end. I think you have to break records as a skill position to be really considered.

I think Henry will sneak up on people and get a few votes. He needs 156 ypg to get to 2k. Would be the 7th player ever to get there. And he has the Lions and Texans still left.

MVPat is way ahead in advanced metrics, tho.

louie aguiar 12-14-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChiefs89 (Post 15396947)
It amazes me how little respect Rodgers weapons and Off staff get. I mean they have a great offensive coach in LaFleur. Since he has been there they scheme up tons of quick open passes for Rodgers. Also they have a top-3 WR in Adams, a top-3 pass catching RB in Jones, and a top-5 Oline to protect Rodgers. Sure there #2, #3 weapons aren't what the Chiefs have. But it's not like its what Deshaun Watson is dealing with in Houston. They have weapons and a staff in place that benefits Rodgers

You also have to consider the offensive line. The GB OL is one of the best in the NFL - it's far better than what KC has.

FAH-Q 12-14-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15396973)
You also have to consider the offensive line. The GB OL is one of the best in the NFL - it's far better than what KC has.

There is, or was, a narrative that we have this really solid offensive line, especially given our bookend tackles. That is simply not the case. Mahomes is just so good he masks the complete ineptness of the offensive line. I assume people that vote for the MVP will do their homework and watch the tape. Mahomes routinely makes chicken salad out of chicken shit with this line. If the guy had an average, or above average line, he would be shattering records.

comochiefsfan 12-14-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Holy Shit

Annnnnndddd that's why i'm not watching any of that crap today. Mahomes having just an ok (note: not bad) game is like throwing meat to the wolves to those hot take dipshits.

Wallcrawler 12-14-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAH-Q (Post 15396986)
There is, or was, a narrative that we have this really solid offensive line, especially given our bookend tackles. That is simply not the case. Mahomes is just so good he masks the complete ineptness of the offensive line. I assume people that vote for the MVP will do their homework and watch the tape. Mahomes routinely makes chicken salad out of chicken shit with this line. If the guy had an average, or above average line, he would be shattering records.

This.

OLine needs to be heavily drafted. It wont be sexy or flashy, but protecting our investment has to ve priority 1.

This line is TRASH. Any other qb behind this rabble, this is a total shitshow and everyone is calling for Andys head.

CupidStunt 12-14-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Yup. Also, people generally overplay the weapons difference. Adams and Hill is a wash. I can't pretend Kelce isn't a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE difference-maker, but after that it's pretty whatever. People ridiculously underrate Aaron Jones, talk as if Lev Bell is doing shit and overrate our WRs after Hill.

I wouldn't trade our overall cast for GB's, but it's much closer than people think due to the difference in OL. I also wouldn't trade coaching, but again people talk like Rodgers has Herm Edwards calling plays.

tredadda 12-14-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 15397360)
Yup. Also, people generally overplay the weapons difference. Adams and Hill is a wash. I can't pretend Kelce isn't a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE difference-maker, but after that it's pretty whatever. People ridiculously underrate Aaron Jones, talk as if Lev Bell is doing shit and overrate our WRs after Hill.

I wouldn't trade our overall cast for GB's, but it's much closer than people think due to the difference in OL. I also wouldn't trade coaching, but again people talk like Rodgers has Herm Edwards calling plays.

^ This. Their O Line is so much better than KCs. I watch Rodgers play and he has all day to pick apart teams.

Halfcan 12-14-2020 02:04 PM

Rodgers gets to stand patiently behind a solid line for 4 seconds until one of his receivers runs wide open across the middle. He throws a safe, high % 9-yard pass and nets 30. He is Alex Smith at this point. Never takes chances, no emotion, just an arm throwing to open targets. He gets to play shitty teams and if the heat gets to him- rely on his running game to open things back up again. Great O line, Easy Schedule, Great Running game, and a coach that is openly pushing for him to pile up meaningless stats. His insurance commercials have more emotion than he plays with on the field. How many times has he led his team back from sure defeat this year? How many times has he put the team on his back and WILLED them to win? Have the refs pulled 6 of his TD's off the board and routinely called ticky-tack holding calls against him in the Red Zone?

He is the Exact opposite of Mahomes and has everything laid out for him, easy as pie.

ptlyon 12-14-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15397421)
Rodgers gets to stand patiently behind a solid line for 4 seconds until one of his receivers runs wide open across the middle. He throws a safe, high % 9-yard pass and nets 30. He is Alex Smith at this point. Never takes chances, no emotion, just an arm throwing to open targets. He gets to play shitty teams and if the heat gets to him- he whines like a little bitch. Great O line, Easy Schedule, Great Running game, and a coach that is openly pushing for him to pile up meaningless stats. His insurance commercials have more emotion than he plays with on the field. How many times has he led his team back from sure defeat this year? How many times has he put the team on his back and WILLED them to win? Have the refs pulled 6 of his TD's off the board and routinely called ticky-tack holding calls against him in the Red Zone?

He is the Exact opposite of Mahomes and has everything laid out for him, easy as pie.

FYP

keg in kc 12-14-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

. I assume people that vote for the MVP will do their homework and watch the tape. .

Yeah, you shouldn't assume that. At all. That's one of the reasons I'm sure Rodgers is going to cruise to the award.

Just to repeat myself, I think it's all but locked up at this point, Rodgers has 3 games left where he should put up huge numbers, whereas Mahomes has a top 5 defense and a chargers team that always gives him trouble.

And frankly I think they're going to be looking for reasons not to give it to Mahomes. Because we've become the frontrunner now, and that's just what happens.

Mahomes' will have to play out of his mind to win. He can't afford another blip (from the national perspective...) like yesterday. Judging by the narrative, he couldn't even afford yesterday.

lcarus 12-14-2020 02:29 PM

Mahomes is at -250 and Rodgers is at +175 now. He closed the gap a bit this week. Those odds don't mean much but that's what I've been following the past couple of months. Russell Wilson has slipped a lot. He's +5000 and Josh Allen is in 3rd place at +4000.

FAH-Q 12-14-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15397479)
Yeah, you shouldn't assume that. At all .

My assumption is based off of comments by Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, who has discussed this process on the podcast he shares with Terez Paylor. He certainly does his homework and goes into detail on how he votes. I understand that is not indicative of how the other voters go about their business, but I appreciated the insight from a guy who does have a vote and knows numerous other voters.

For what it’s worth, he says his vote is for Mahomes. The way he phrased this was that the MVP is a vote for most valuable player in the NFL, period. It is not a vote for the most valuable player to a given team. He understands the gravity of this award and I’m hopeful others in that voting circle do as well. Others may disagree, but I do not think this is some 5 minute decision that the voters make without any meaningful discourse or analysis.

DRM08 12-14-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15396956)
MVPat is way ahead in advanced metrics, tho.

The PAA stat is the one that blows my mind. Mahomes right now is already above the total PAA that Rodgers will have for the entire season. Mahomes is on pace to break Tom Brady's 2007 record for PAA. Brady was a Unanimous MVP that season, and Mahomes damn well might not win MVP this year. Pretty wild.

Brady (2007 record) = 96.2 PAA
Mahomes - currently 79.7 PAA, pacing for 98.1 PAA
Rodgers - currently 63.9 PAA, pacing for 78.6 PAA

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/view/...qbpaa/dir/desc

Chieftain 12-14-2020 04:26 PM

Fück that overrated prick, Aaron Rodgers. He is nothing but a stat padder. Another Drew Brees, throws with caution and a bit more range. One stinking SB appearance in 15 years in an up-for-grabs NFC. He is no winner and couldn't shine Mahomes' shoe bottoms.

NEOM 12-15-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Rodgers with Eric Bieniemy, Andy Reid as coaches and with Kelce, Hill, Watskins, Hardman would go on and win the Super Bowl in easy fashion, dont kid yourselves.

Coogs 12-15-2020 06:44 AM

Zebra's have taken 4TD's and a couple of hundred yards off of Mahomes totals too.

ptlyon 12-15-2020 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15399599)
Rodgers with Eric Bieniemy, Andy Reid as coaches and with Kelce, Hill, Watskins, Hardman would go on and win the Super Bowl in easy fashion, dont kid yourselves.

Making yourself welcome around here I see

NEOM 12-15-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15399765)
Making yourself welcome around here I see

I'm able to enjoy the greatness of Mahomes without degrading the likes of Rodgers. I enjoy the way Rodgers plays. I wished he would be 5-7 years younger. A Super Bowl between these two greats would go down in history.

ptlyon 12-15-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15399769)
I'm able to enjoy the greatness of Mahomes without degrading the likes of Rodgers. I enjoy the way Rodgers plays. I wished he would be 5-7 years younger. A Super Bowl between these two greats would go down in history.

And it may this very year

NEOM 12-15-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15399772)
And it may this very year

I hope, but I dont trust the Packers defense, and games against Tampa and Saints wont be easy…

htismaqe 12-15-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15399788)
I hope, but I dont trust the Packers defense, and games against Tampa and Saints wont be easy…

The Packers defense is definitely suspect.

Perineum Ripper 12-15-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15399599)

A unicorn with EB, Reid, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Hardman would go on and win the Super Bowl in easy fashion, don’t kid yourself.

It’s easy to make claims, to pad your position, with examples that are make believe.

Chris Meck 12-15-2020 08:54 AM

Who cares? I'll trade the SB MVP for the regular season MVP any year.

MahomesMagic 12-15-2020 09:08 AM

Please, Aaron Rodgers has a much better offensive line, Matt LaFleur (Great Offensive Playcaller) Davante Adams, Aaron Jones, Marques Valdez-Scantling, etc.

A Rodgers has plenty to work with.

tredadda 12-15-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15399788)

I can't see Tampa and a 43 year old Brady winning in GB in January. Same with a 40+ year old Brees and NO.

TomBarndtsTwin 12-15-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15399861)
Please, Aaron Rodgers has a much better offensive line, Matt LaFleur (Great Offensive Playcaller) Davante Adams, Aaron Jones, Marques Valdez-Scantling, etc.

No shit. I'm tired of this bullshit narrative that has emerged that Rodgers has 'nothing' to work with.

Yeah, only Adams (probably the best WR in the NFL this year), Jones (one of the best RB in the NFL), an elite O-Line (much better than Mahomes line) and a solid TE.

Again, not saying Mahomes doesn't have great weapons and a great situation, he does, but quit acting like Rodgers is propping up garbage over there. He wouldn't be doing shit this year or having an MVP caliber season if you take away some of those weapons. That's just reality.

Both QB's are in great situations and both are deserving of an MVP award. Only one can win it.

And like I said before, Rodgers can have the regular season MVP; Mahomes will 'settle' for the Super Bowl MVP instead.

NEOM 12-15-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15399868)
I can't see Tampa and a 43 year old Brady winning in GB in January. Same with a 40+ year old Brees and NO.

Everytime the Packers faced a decent opponent defence, their offensive line struggled, they couldn't protect Rodgers and their offense crumbled. That's where Mahomes's ability to get out of trouble comes to play, something Rodgers due to his age/legs doesnt have anymore. He can't get away anymore.

NEOM 12-15-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Again, noone is saying that Rodgers doesnt have weapons, but the issue is that there is a quality gap between KC and the Packers, LaFleur is in his 2nd year, doing a good job, but nothing more, their division is weak and the Packers struggled everytime they faced a strong defence/offensive opponent and could't protect Rodgers.

BigRedChief 12-15-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15399872)
No shit. I'm tired of this bullshit narrative that has emerged that Rodgers has 'nothing' to work with.

Yeah, only Adams (probably the best WR in the NFL this year), Jones (one of the best RB in the NFL), an elite O-Line (much better than Mahomes line) and a solid TE.

Again, not saying Mahomes doesn't have great weapons and a great situation, he does, but quit acting like Rodgers is propping up garbage over there. He wouldn't be doing shit this year or having an MVP caliber season if you take away some of those weapons. That's just reality.

Both QB's are in great situations and both are deserving of an MVP award. Only one can win it.

And like I said before, Rodgers can have the regular season MVP; Mahomes will 'settle' for the Super Bowl MVP instead.

Mahomes will have plenty of MVP trophies before its all said and done.

Buehler445 12-15-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Holy Shit

I have no idea when anyone would listen to the disingenuous drivel like Cowherd. He's on record saying he doesn't care about being right, he cares about being entertaining.

Which is awful. The worst. Same with Bayless, Stephen A Smith, anyone at ESPN trying to spew hot takes to make a name for themselves, and most radio ****leheads.

ptlyon 12-15-2020 09:33 AM

I don't think Mahomes gives one absolute **** about mvp trophies. He's sitting on a pile of cash, just waiting to be counting the Hunt and Lombardi trophies and rings.

NEOM 12-15-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15399900)
Which is awful. The worst. Same with Bayless, Stephen A Smith, anyone at ESPN trying to spew hot takes to make a name for themselves, and most radio ****leheads.

ESPN is not a sports channel anymore at least not Get Up, First Take or the other shows on the other channels, it's more about entertaining.

They must be really pised that someone like Rodgers refuses to appear on their show, but does appear on PatMcAffee

RealSNR 12-15-2020 09:50 AM

The Rodgers no weapons thing is only hammered all the time because the Packers drafted the two most blatant “**** you Rodgers!” positions imaginable this spring.

They didn’t even have to draft a receiving threat. Some defense or OL would have been fine. People probably would have still complained, but they wouldn’t have acted like Rodgers was playing with the cast of the 2012 Chiefs like they are now.

Instead the Packers went with “Heeeeere’s your replacement!” and took an Eddie Lacy clone when they already had two pretty damn good RBs in the backfield.

The receiving threats aren’t as good as they once were for Rodgers. That doesn’t mean they’re shit. At this point in his career, the best help you could give the man is a defense that doesn’t ****ing wilt like spinach in the playoffs

PAChiefsGuy 12-15-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15399903)
I don't think Mahomes gives one absolute **** about mvp trophies. He's sitting on a pile of cash, just waiting to be counting the Hunt and Lombardi trophies and rings.

He cares. He's competitive as hell but I don't think he is losing any sleep over it.

Spott 12-15-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15399900)
I have no idea when anyone would listen to the disingenuous drivel like Cowherd. He's on record saying he doesn't care about being right, he cares about being entertaining.

ESPN is a dumpster fire and has basically just followed all of the other MSM outlets. They can’t just report the news. They get better ratings by interjecting their opinions on everything and make sure to have people on both sides of an issue to create an argument.

tredadda 12-15-2020 10:06 AM

This narrative that Mahomes has a huge inventory of weapons is not really true. He has Hill and Kelce. Thats about it. Watkins can't stay healthy so to consider him an elite weapon is a stretch, considering the amount of time he spends on IR. Hardman, while fast has not really broken out yet. CEH is good for a rookie, but as of right now he is a significant drop off from when Hunt was here. Our TEs outside of Kelce are horrible to say the least. Mahomes has more to do with the eliteness of this offense than many experts will admit.

ptlyon 12-15-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15399932)

Instead the Packers went with “Heeeeere’s your replacement!”

Sounds familiar

PAChiefsGuy 12-15-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15399964)
This narrative that Mahomes has a huge inventory of weapons is not really true. He has Hill and Kelce. Thats about it. Watkins can't stay healthy so to consider him an elite weapon is a stretch, considering the amount of time he spends on IR. Hardman, while fast has not really broken out yet. CEH is good for a rookie, but as of right now he is a significant drop off from when Hunt was here. Our TEs outside of Kelce are horrible to say the least. Mahomes has more to do with the eliteness of this offense than many experts will admit.

Lol. Man you homers are funny. He has a HOF TE and a HOF WR and one of best offensive play designers of all-time. That's about it!

Mahomes is clearly best player in NFL. Everyone knows that but that doesn't mean he is always going to win MVP or that he doesn't have more help than most
Other guys may have a better year it happens.

DRM08 12-15-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

From what I've seen this year, their receivers have been open plenty for him. They use a lot of play action stuff and it seems the defenses actually bite on the play action. They respect the Packers run game.

KC has almost no run game. You don't see as many of those easy play action throws for Mahomes as you do for a lot other teams around the league.

KChiefs1 12-15-2020 01:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TlRA6mqCAX8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 12-15-2020 01:18 PM

Could we see another co-mvp year like with Manning and McNair?

Mecca 12-15-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15400354)
Could we see another co-mvp year like with Manning and McNair?

I doubt it, one gets MVP the other probably gets OPOY unless something ridiculous happens like Henry breaking 2k.

tredadda 12-15-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15399903)

He absolutely does. He took being drafted #10 personally as well as being the #4 player in the league last year. He has the Jordan competitiveness without the Jordan attitude.

srvy 12-15-2020 07:35 PM

The idiot known as Marsellus Wiley says MVP last year is MVP this year based on one game last night.

I don't know if there is a more arrogant know it all dumb ass Than Marcellus Wiley. Maybe a couple of CP posters but they don't have a sports talk show.

Bob Dole 12-15-2020 09:07 PM

I think the 3 INT game sunk this campaign.

Redbled 12-15-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15399964)

Had this exact same point given to a guy on twitter recently. Adams and Jones are Rodgers Hill and Kelcie. Are they as good no but it’s not like Rogers doesn’t have weapons.

KChiefs1 12-15-2020 11:20 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EJrmlvuctRQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan 12-15-2020 11:44 PM

Jeez, does anyone actually watch games in the media- or just regurgitate stats?

alanm 12-15-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 15401249)

He's got 3 games left to make people forget about it. And I mean 3 games. They HAVE to win 2 out of the next 3 to remain the #1 seed. One of which is the Chargers game. Get a comforable lead in that one you can sit Mahomes but until then he has to play. ;)

DRM08 12-16-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15401120)
The idiot known as Marsellus Wiley says MVP last year is MVP this year based on one game last night.

I don't know if there is a more arrogant know it all dumb ass Than Marcellus Wiley. Maybe a couple of CP posters but they don't have a sports talk show.

Most Valuable Pooper

Halfcan 12-16-2020 12:10 AM

Wins matter more than tipped interceptions.

Buehler445 12-16-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15401443)
Jeez, does anyone actually watch games in the media- or just regurgitate stats?

Russillo is famous for continually pointing out a lot of dudes don’t watch games.

Best22 12-16-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15399983)
Lol. Man you homers are funny. He has a HOF TE and a HOF WR and one of best offensive play designers of all-time. That's about it!

Mahomes is clearly best player in NFL. Everyone knows that but that doesn't mean he is always going to win MVP or that he doesn't have more help than most
Other guys may have a better year it happens.

Put Mahomes in Cleveland, Tampa, or last years Vikings/Falcons, and everyone would say those teams had the best weapons in the NFL

Plenty of teams have talented arsenals. But only one team is like the Chiefs, and that’s because they have Mahomes

Pitt Gorilla 12-16-2020 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 15401249)

Why?

NEOM 12-16-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 15401495)
Put Mahomes in Cleveland, Tampa, or last years Vikings/Falcons, and everyone would say those teams had the best weapons in the NFL

bullshit